If you don't have a nasty obituary you probably didn't matter. -- Freeman Dyson

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Hit-and-run driver who killed cyclist and briefly returned to scene before fleeing jailed for 10 years

SubjectAuthor
* Hit-and-run driver who killed cyclist and briefly returned to sceneswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Hit-and-run driver who killed cyclist and briefly returned toswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Hit-and-run driver who killed cyclist and briefly returned toswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: Hit-and-run fully-qualified fairy-cyclist who killed cyclist andJNugent
| `* Re: Hit-and-run driver who killed cyclist and briefly returned toswldx...@gmail.com
|  +- Re: Hit-and-run driver who killed cyclist and briefly returned toJNugent
|  `- Re: Hit-and-run driver who killed cyclist and briefly returned toswldx...@gmail.com
`- Re: Hit-and-run driver who killed cyclist and briefly returned toJNugent

1
Hit-and-run driver who killed cyclist and briefly returned to scene before fleeing jailed for 10 years

<4b8bb050-3997-4324-819f-3b779de5bf8fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24069&group=uk.rec.cycling#24069

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 03:40:41 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Hit-and-run driver who killed cyclist and briefly returned to scene
before fleeing jailed for 10 years
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 11:40 UTC

A motorist who struck and killed a cyclist, returning briefly to the scene before fleeing and hitting another cyclist minutes later, has been sentenced to ten years in prison and banned from driving for ten years.

Agnieszka Pocztowska, 41, was riding her bike on Hungerford Road in Crewe at 6.55am on 14 September 2020 when she was hit head-on by 23-year-old Nathan Schultz, who was driving a Ford Focus on the wrong side of the road.

Schultz, driving without insurance or a licence, was on his way home from a party when he struck the mother-of-three, throwing her over the roof of the vehicle. Carrying on with a shattered windscreen, the motorist briefly returned to the scene to look at the victim before speeding off in the direction of the M6 motorway.

Ms Pocztowska was pronounced dead shortly after the collision.

On a nearby road in Haslington, Schultz hit another cyclist before once again fleeing, leaving a 53-year-old man with minor injuries.

He then went on to swap seats with his passenger, 21-year-old Kasey Wrench, before dumping the car, leaving some clothing in a nearby woodland, and taking a taxi to his mother’s house in Middleport.

A manhunt was launched to trace those involved, and the Ford Focus was found abandoned in Trent Vale following enquiries. As well as the shattered front windscreen, the car was reported to have had three defective tyres. Schultz was identified as a suspect almost immediately and arrested within two hours.

Wrench was also quickly identified as the passenger, and arrested in connection with the incident. He pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, driving without a licence, and driving without insurance, and was sentenced to 12 months in prison, suspended for 24 months, plus 200 hours unpaid work, £300 costs, a £136 victim surcharge, and a three-year driving disqualification.

At the time of Wrench’s sentencing in December 2021, Crewe Nub News (link is external) reported from the trial that the 21-year-old was “half asleep” after a drink and drugs binge, and was a passenger in the Ford Focus until it entered Trent Vale, when he swapped seats with Schultz. Wrench was seen driving the vehicle for 400 metres, with the judge saying that he “drove the car in a sense of panic because of what the vehicle had been involved in”.

While Wrench admitted his involvement straight away following his arrest, Schultz initially refused to answer any questions and pretended to be asleep when he was asked to provide a breath sample (though police officers did not report him being intoxicated at the time of his arrest, two hours after the fatal collision).

Eventually Schultz pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, failing to provide a specimen, driving without insurance, driving without a licence, two counts of failing to stop following a collision, and two counts of failing to report a collision.

He also admitted causing the death of Ms Pocztowska whilst unlicensed and uninsured.

On Friday, following a four-day trial (link is external) at Chester Crown Court, Schultz was sentenced to ten years in prison. He was also disqualified from driving for ten years and ordered to take an extended retest.

Speaking at the sentencing, judge Michael Leeming told Schultz: “There was no obvious reason for you to be on the wrong side of the road. The case was put on the basis you were intoxicated at the time. She was there to be seen and should have been seen by any careful and competent driver.

“You continued along the road before turning around and slowing where you could see the cyclist. Instead of stopping at the scene you drove off.

“I am sure that the manner of your driving was affected by the consumption of alcohol.

“There was a flagrant disregard for the rules of the road – driving on the wrong side of the road for no apparent reason, no driving licence, no insurance, having consumed alcohol, a complete disregard of the danger driving in that way would cause to others.”

https://road.cc/content/news/hit-and-run-driver-who-killed-cyclist-jailed-10-years-299739

Re: Hit-and-run driver who killed cyclist and briefly returned to scene before fleeing jailed for 10 years

<d029e139-e2dd-4313-b712-60ebceb81a36n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24081&group=uk.rec.cycling#24081

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 04:32:29 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Hit-and-run driver who killed cyclist and briefly returned to
scene before fleeing jailed for 10 years
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 12:32 UTC

Absolutely abhorrent. The poor woman and other cyclist. Insane how lowlife idiots can cause so much misery and harm so easily. Condolences to the families of the victims.

At least the sentence isn't ludicrously lenient, although I am sure he will be back on the streets soon enough. I never understand why they bother with driving bans for these idiots as they don't intend to obey them, anyways....so much waste of life and potential.

Re: Hit-and-run driver who killed cyclist and briefly returned to scene before fleeing jailed for 10 years

<k6l23rF3u4gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24131&group=uk.rec.cycling#24131

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
scene before fleeing jailed for 10 years
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 20:40:20 -0600
 by: JNugent - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 02:40 UTC

On 05/03/2023 05:40, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> Speaking at the sentencing, judge Michael Leeming told Schultz: “There was no obvious reason for you to be on the wrong side of the road. The case was put on the basis you were intoxicated at the time. She was there to be seen and should have been seen by any careful and competent driver.
>
> “You continued along the road before turning around and slowing where you could see the cyclist. Instead of stopping at the scene you drove off.
>
> “I am sure that the manner of your driving was affected by the consumption of alcohol.
>
> “There was a flagrant disregard for the rules of the road – driving on the wrong side of the road for no apparent reason, no driving licence, no insurance, having consumed alcohol, a complete disregard of the danger driving in that way would cause to others.”

So Schultz was a fully-qualified fairy-cyclist pretending to be a driver.

The same seems to be true of Wrench.

Neither of them fit for anything better than a mere fairy-cycle.

They're your lot, not ours.

Re: Hit-and-run driver who killed cyclist and briefly returned to scene before fleeing jailed for 10 years

<ef6fe6e6-54b5-423e-a192-d21860aaf51an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24139&group=uk.rec.cycling#24139

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 22:47:13 -0800 (PST)
scene before fleeing jailed for 10 years
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 06:47 UTC

QUOTE: On Friday, following a four-day trial (link is external) at Chester Crown Court, Schultz was sentenced to ten years in prison. He was also disqualified from driving for ten years and ordered to take an extended retest. ENDS

You mean this disgusting twat will be allowed to drive again?
A clear case for lifetime bans has never been so apparent.

Re: Hit-and-run fully-qualified fairy-cyclist who killed cyclist and briefly returned to scene before fleeing jailed for 10 years

<k6mia7Fb3vhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24184&group=uk.rec.cycling#24184

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Hit-and-run fully-qualified fairy-cyclist who killed cyclist and
briefly returned to scene before fleeing jailed for 10 years
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 10:22:59 -0600
 by: JNugent - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 16:22 UTC

On 06/03/2023 00:47, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> QUOTE: On Friday, following a four-day trial (link is external) at
Chester Crown Court, Schultz was sentenced to ten years in prison. He
was also disqualified from driving for ten years and ordered to take an
extended retest. ENDS

> You mean this disgusting fully-qualified fairy-cyclist will be
allowed to drive again?

No, he won't. He wasn't allowed before, either. He's just a common or
garden fairy-cyclist (and as fully unqualified for that as you are).

> A clear case for lifetime bans has never been so apparent.

Yes, M'Lud.

I'm obliged.

Re: Hit-and-run driver who killed cyclist and briefly returned to scene before fleeing jailed for 10 years

<faf4db86-b0fa-4c35-94e7-689ecfe2ec0fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24215&group=uk.rec.cycling#24215

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 09:15:06 -0800 (PST)
scene before fleeing jailed for 10 years
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 17:15 UTC

On Monday, March 6, 2023 at 6:47:15 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: On Friday, following a four-day trial (link is external) at Chester Crown Court, Schultz was sentenced to ten years in prison. He was also disqualified from driving for ten years and ordered to take an extended retest. ENDS
>
> You mean this disgusting twat will be allowed to drive again?
> A clear case for lifetime bans has never been so apparent.

Still - de facto 20 year ban is not too shabby.
Might be dead by then if he keeps on driving like a twat.

Re: Hit-and-run driver who killed cyclist and briefly returned to scene before fleeing jailed for 10 years

<k6nn38FggppU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24242&group=uk.rec.cycling#24242

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
scene before fleeing jailed for 10 years
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 20:50:44 -0600
 by: JNugent - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 02:50 UTC

On 06/03/2023 11:15, swldx...@gmail.com...

....talking to himself (allegedly), said:

> On Monday, March 6, 2023 at 6:47:15 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> QUOTE: On Friday, following a four-day trial (link is external) at Chester Crown Court, Schultz was sentenced to ten years in prison. He was also disqualified from driving for ten years and ordered to take an extended retest. ENDS
>
>> You mean this disgusting twat will be allowed to drive again?
>> A clear case for lifetime bans has never been so apparent.
>
> Still - de facto 20 year ban is not too shabby.
> Might be dead by then if he keeps on driving like a twat.

Driving like a fully-qualified fairy-cyclist is what you actually mean.

Re: Hit-and-run driver who killed cyclist and briefly returned to scene before fleeing jailed for 10 years

<0430a63d-d290-4361-8d0d-b3507560d6dfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24264&group=uk.rec.cycling#24264

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 22:09:54 -0800 (PST)
scene before fleeing jailed for 10 years
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 06:09 UTC

QUOTE: On a nearby road in Haslington, Schultz hit another cyclist before once again fleeing, leaving a 53-year-old man with minor injuries.

He then went on to swap seats with his passenger, 21-year-old Kasey Wrench, before dumping the car, leaving some clothing in a nearby woodland, and taking a taxi to his mother’s house in Middleport. ENDS

AH - THE OLD SWITCHEROO TRICK - SORRY 10 YEARS IN JAIL, PAL.