Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: ozi...@xizo.am (Ozix)
Subject: Ford Australia re-used one particular body panel for 26 years.
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 19:59:12 +0800
 by: Ozix - Wed, 19 Apr 2023 11:59 UTC

I was looking through Resto Country website, and noticed that Falcon ute
tailgate was the same for XA-XH, that is 26 years. I knew XD to XH was
same platform, but never knew they carried over that part from XA-XC.

Re: Ford Australia re-used one particular body panel for 26 years.

<u1osdc$2k8l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24132&group=aus.cars#24132

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 00:04:28 +1000
 by: Noddy - Wed, 19 Apr 2023 14:04 UTC

On 19/04/2023 9:59 pm, Ozix wrote:
> I was looking through Resto Country website, and noticed that Falcon ute
> tailgate was the same for XA-XH, that is 26 years. I knew XD to XH was
> same platform, but never knew they carried over that part from XA-XC.

Starter motors on Falcon 6 cylinders went from XP in 1965 to BF until
the end of 2008. They had their money's worth out of that one.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Ford Australia re-used one particular body panel for 26 years.

<kab6duFeqrlU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24134&group=aus.cars#24134

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 07:57:18 +1000
 by: Daryl - Wed, 19 Apr 2023 21:57 UTC

On 20/4/2023 12:04 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 19/04/2023 9:59 pm, Ozix wrote:
>> I was looking through Resto Country website, and noticed that Falcon
>> ute tailgate was the same for XA-XH, that is 26 years. I knew XD to XH
>> was same platform, but never knew they carried over that part from XA-XC.
>
> Starter motors on Falcon 6 cylinders went from XP in 1965 to BF until
> the end of 2008. They had their money's worth out of that one.

Its not a bad thing, Falcon starters were very cheap, cost more to
rebuild your old one than buying a new one.

--
Daryl

Re: Ford Australia re-used one particular body panel for 26 years.

<kaheeeFf0kbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24140&group=aus.cars#24140

From: nothing....@here.com.au (Keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 16:50:55 +1000
 by: Keithr0 - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 06:50 UTC

On 20/04/2023 12:04 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 19/04/2023 9:59 pm, Ozix wrote:
>> I was looking through Resto Country website, and noticed that Falcon
>> ute tailgate was the same for XA-XH, that is 26 years. I knew XD to XH
>> was same platform, but never knew they carried over that part from XA-XC.
>
> Starter motors on Falcon 6 cylinders went from XP in 1965 to BF until
> the end of 2008. They had their money's worth out of that one.

When Ford UK finally moved from side valves to OHV ones for their 4
cylinder engines (100e to 105e), they used the same starter even though
the 100e was a 6 volt system and the 105e was 12 volt. Didn't seem to
matter though.

Re: Ford Australia re-used one particular body panel for 26 years.

<u20j1l$38skk$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24144&group=aus.cars#24144

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 22:13:40 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 12:13 UTC

On 22/04/2023 4:50 pm, Keithr0 wrote:
> On 20/04/2023 12:04 am, Noddy wrote:
>> On 19/04/2023 9:59 pm, Ozix wrote:
>>> I was looking through Resto Country website, and noticed that Falcon
>>> ute tailgate was the same for XA-XH, that is 26 years. I knew XD to
>>> XH was same platform, but never knew they carried over that part from
>>> XA-XC.
>>
>> Starter motors on Falcon 6 cylinders went from XP in 1965 to BF until
>> the end of 2008. They had their money's worth out of that one.
>>

> When Ford UK finally moved from side valves to OHV ones for their 4
> cylinder engines (100e to 105e), they used the same starter even though
> the 100e was a 6 volt system and the 105e was 12 volt. Didn't seem to
> matter though.

For a starter it probably wouldn't. Running it at double the rated
voltage might generate a bit more heat, but given that most starters
don't run for very long it would be unlikely to cause a problem. Some
starters were probably better at it than others, too.

Years ago I restored a 1943 Willys Jeep that was left original 6 volt,
and on the day I wanted to start the engine for the first time after
it's rebuild the 6 volt battery didn't have enough oomph to crank it for
an extended period to get out pressure before starting it. So I just
jumped the starter with 12 volts using an old truck battery I had until
oil pressure showed on the gauge and then started it using the 6 volt
battery.

It worked fine, and while the starter got warm it wasn't excessive.

Regards,
Noddy.