Who is W.O. Baker, and why is he saying those terrible things about me?

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

SubjectAuthor
* Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of mansswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
||`* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|| `- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
||`- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manJNugent
|+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
||`* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|| `* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofMike Collins
||  `* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
||   `* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofMike Collins
||    +* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
||    |+- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
||    |`* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
||    | `* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
||    |  `* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofMike Collins
||    |   `* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
||    |    `- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
||    `- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
||`- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
||+- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
||`* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manJNugent
|| `* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofMike Collins
||  +- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
||  +- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
||  `* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
||   +- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
||   `- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
||+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|||`- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manJNugent
||`* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|| `* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
||  `- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofMike Collins
|+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
||`- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|`* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
| `- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
| `- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianBrian
|+- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|`* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofMike Collins
| +- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianBrian
| `- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
||`- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|+- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|`- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manJNugent
+- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manJNugent
|+- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|`- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofMike Collins
+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
| `* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofMike Collins
|  +* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|  |+- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|  |`- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|  `* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|   `* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofMike Collins
|    +- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|    `* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|     +* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|     |+- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|     |`* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|     | `- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|     `- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manJNugent
+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
+- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofSimon Mason
|+- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|`* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
| `* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|  +* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|  |`- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manJNugent
|  `* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|   +- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
|   `- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
`* Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrianSpike
 `- Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted ofswldx...@gmail.com

Pages:1234
Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<e750ac21-1871-439b-8f13-32ecaedeb830n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24141&group=uk.rec.cycling#24141

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 22:53:23 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_Three_years_in_jail_for_pedestrian_convicted_of_
manslaughter_after_cyclist’s_death
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 06:53 UTC

On Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 8:37:10 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> Mungecrundle | 2878 posts | 2 days ago
> 4 likes
>
> Police are requesting people to stop making un-informed postings about this incident.
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-64835197 (link is external)
>
> Maybe Road.cc mods could shut this thread down as it has become a target for just such bad faith actors.
>
> IGNORANT TROLLS WHO WERE NOT IN COURT PEDDLING LIES.

Maybe if they saw the whole video showing a push by the violent killer, they would change their minds and accept the truth.

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<k6lq28F7chbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24148&group=uk.rec.cycling#24148

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian
Date: 6 Mar 2023 09:28:40 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 09:28 UTC

> On Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 8:37:10 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
>> Mungecrundle | 2878 posts | 2 days ago
>> 4 likes
>>
>> Police are requesting people to stop making un-informed postings about this incident.
>>
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-64835197 (link is external)
>>
>> Maybe Road.cc mods could shut this thread down as it has become a target
>> for just such bad faith actors.
>>
>> IGNORANT TROLLS WHO WERE NOT IN COURT PEDDLING LIES.

> Maybe if they saw the whole video showing a push by the violent killer,
> they would change their minds and accept the truth.

Then kindly share your source. Or shut up.

--
Spike

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<7346d0a7-5e46-4307-b535-79593d33b1a2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24154&group=uk.rec.cycling#24154

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 03:25:23 -0800 (PST)
manslaughter_after_cyclist’s_death
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 11:25 UTC

On Monday, March 6, 2023 at 6:53:24 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 8:37:10 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> > Mungecrundle | 2878 posts | 2 days ago
> > 4 likes
> >
> > Police are requesting people to stop making un-informed postings about this incident.
> >
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-64835197 (link is external)
> >
> > Maybe Road.cc mods could shut this thread down as it has become a target for just such bad faith actors.
> >
> > IGNORANT TROLLS WHO WERE NOT IN COURT PEDDLING LIES.
> Maybe if they saw the whole video showing a push by the violent killer, they would change their minds and accept the truth.

QUOTE: In police interview, Grey said she believed she had made light contact with Mrs Ward. ENDS

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<k6m95iF9nklU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24156&group=uk.rec.cycling#24156

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 6 Mar 2023 13:46:26 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 13:46 UTC

> On Monday, March 6, 2023 at 6:53:24 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 8:37:10 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
>>> Mungecrundle | 2878 posts | 2 days ago
>>> 4 likes
>>>
>>> Police are requesting people to stop making un-informed postings about this incident.
>>>
>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-64835197 (link is external)
>>>
>>> Maybe Road.cc mods could shut this thread down as it has become a
>>> target for just such bad faith actors.
>>>
>>> IGNORANT TROLLS WHO WERE NOT IN COURT PEDDLING LIES.

>> Maybe if they saw the whole video showing a push by the violent killer,
>> they would change their minds and accept the truth.

> QUOTE: In police interview, Grey said she believed she had made light
> contact with Mrs Ward. ENDS

So, not a push or shove, then. Thanks for clearing that up. We’d hate to
think that you were peddling lies, after all.

--
Spike

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<ee8cbb13-d548-4803-aded-e8811379c2e4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24166&group=uk.rec.cycling#24166

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 06:34:09 -0800 (PST)
manslaughter_after_cyclist’s_death
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 14:34 UTC

On Monday, March 6, 2023 at 11:25:24 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, March 6, 2023 at 6:53:24 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 8:37:10 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> > > Mungecrundle | 2878 posts | 2 days ago
> > > 4 likes
> > >
> > > Police are requesting people to stop making un-informed postings about this incident.
> > >
> > > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-64835197 (link is external)
> > >
> > > Maybe Road.cc mods could shut this thread down as it has become a target for just such bad faith actors.
> > >
> > > IGNORANT TROLLS WHO WERE NOT IN COURT PEDDLING LIES.
> > Maybe if they saw the whole video showing a push by the violent killer, they would change their minds and accept the truth.
> QUOTE: In police interview, Grey said she believed she had made light contact with Mrs Ward. ENDS

After a nightclub brawl "never touched him, officer".

WHY HAS THE VICTIM GOT A BROKEN NOSE THEN?

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<k6mf09Faka2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24175&group=uk.rec.cycling#24175

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 6 Mar 2023 15:26:01 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 15:26 UTC

> On Monday, March 6, 2023 at 11:25:24 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Maybe if they saw the whole video showing a push by the violent killer,
>>> they would change their minds and accept the truth.
>> QUOTE: In police interview, Grey said she believed she had made light
>> contact with Mrs Ward. ENDS
>
> After a nightclub brawl "never touched him, officer".
>
> WHY HAS THE VICTIM GOT A BROKEN NOSE THEN?

Could someone please try to relate this to something extant? It’s as clear
as mud, as it stands.

--
Spike

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<2b972aeb-1fb1-4d17-a574-bb4a4574482an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24207&group=uk.rec.cycling#24207

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 09:08:21 -0800 (PST)
manslaughter_after_cyclist’s_death
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 17:08 UTC

On Monday, March 6, 2023 at 2:34:10 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, March 6, 2023 at 11:25:24 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Maybe if they saw the whole video showing a push by the violent killer, they would change their minds and accept the truth.
> > QUOTE: In police interview, Grey said she believed she had made light contact with Mrs Ward. ENDS
> After a nightclub brawl "never touched him, officer".
>
> WHY HAS THE VICTIM GOT A BROKEN NOSE THEN?

The revolving door hit him - honest.

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<k6nbq4Fes23U6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24240&group=uk.rec.cycling#24240

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_Three_years_in_jail_for_pedestrian_convicted_of_man
slaughter_after_cyclist’s_death
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 17:38:08 -0600
 by: JNugent - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 23:38 UTC

On 06/03/2023 07:46, Spike wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Maybe if they saw the whole video showing a push by the violent killer,
>>> they would change their minds and accept the truth.
>
>> QUOTE: In police interview, Grey said she believed she had made light
>> contact with Mrs Ward. ENDS
>
> So, not a push or shove, then. Thanks for clearing that up. We’d hate to
> think that you were peddling lies, after all.

Or pedalling lies.

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<k6nvojFhooqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24257&group=uk.rec.cycling#24257

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
slaughter_after_cyclist’s_death
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 23:18:10 -0600
 by: JNugent - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 05:18 UTC

On 03/03/2023 04:29, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> There is a shared use sign for this pavement further up the road. If you were cycling along this road, you would conclude this was a shared use path:
> https://goo.gl/maps/m7LnXYV5BC986r5o8 (link is external)
>
> It's irrelevant in any case whether it's shared use or footway. Police policy is to use their discretion to not prosecute cyclists who ride carefully on the pavement.

Riding full pelt straight at pedestrians counts as "careful" in your
warped mind, does it?

> There is no physical difference between the shared use pavement on both sides of this road.

Totally irrelevant.

> In fact, the side that has more frequent shared use signs looks to be narrower at this point, the pavement where the crime took place seems a better place to cycle, as there are no overhanging bushes or railings encroaching the path.

Don't talk crap. The pedestrian was the only one with a right to be on
that footway.

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<k6nvqgFhooqU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24258&group=uk.rec.cycling#24258

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
slaughter_after_cyclist’s_death
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 23:19:12 -0600
 by: JNugent - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 05:19 UTC

On 03/03/2023 07:42, Spike wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Judges have the power to order additional investigations, request extra
>> information, or even visit the site of a crime themselves in order to
>> ascertain the facts of a matter before sentencing. I should imagine that
>> this is what has occurred here. In any case, if "Cambridgeshire
>> Constabulary were unable to 'categorically' ascertain whether Mrs Ward
>> had been cycling on a shared use path" why did you take that as giving
>> you licence to accuse the victim of breaking the law?
>

>> If they are unable to categorically ascertain whether it was a shared use
>> path, they clearly can't categorically ascertain that it wasn't, and yet
>> with no other evidence you chose to traduce the memory of a 77-year-old
>> homicide victim by accusing her of breaking the law and therefore by
>> implication being partially culpable for her tragic fate. That is utterly
>> disgraceful and, in the unlikely event that you are capable of it (those
>> with narcissistic personality disorder generally aren't), you should be
>> ashamed of yourself.
>
> Whoever wrote this piece surely has but a dim understanding of the law?

It was Mason and you are 100% right.

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<d1105a0a-44d1-49c7-8048-b5408568a9c0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24266&group=uk.rec.cycling#24266

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 22:16:52 -0800 (PST)
manslaughter_after_cyclist’s_death
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 06:16 UTC

QUOTE: Auriol Grey, aged 49, was convicted of the offence by a jury at Peterborough Crown Court last month, and returned there today for sentencing, where Judge Sean Enright told her she was “territorial about the pavement" and “resented” the presence of the cyclist reports BBC News (link is external). ENDS

How could the convicted killer be "territorial" about a cyclist on a shared use path?

JUST LEARN TO SHARE - LIKE THE SOAP IN THE SHOWER ROOM.

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<k6ogv3Fk931U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24274&group=uk.rec.cycling#24274

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 7 Mar 2023 10:11:47 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 10:11 UTC

> QUOTE: Auriol Grey, aged 49, was convicted of the offence by a jury at
> Peterborough Crown Court last month, and returned there today for
> sentencing, where Judge Sean Enright told her she was “territorial about
> the pavement" and “resented” the presence of the cyclist reports BBC News
> (link is external). ENDS
>
> How could the convicted killer be "territorial" about a cyclist on a shared use path?
>
> JUST LEARN TO SHARE - LIKE THE SOAP IN THE SHOWER ROOM.

For the Nth time: THE PATH WAS NOT ‘SHARED’.

--
Spike

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<a0ab65c8-b2aa-4421-a247-dba0978cdb85n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24279&group=uk.rec.cycling#24279

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 03:23:23 -0800 (PST)
manslaughter_after_cyclist’s_death
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 11:23 UTC

QUOTE: Her trial in February heard that Grey had acted in a “hostile and aggressive way” towards 77-year-old Celia Ward, including shouting and gesturing at her, causing her to fall from her bike. ENDS

Why has her admitted shove been missed off?
That the reason the full obscene video will never be seen by the public.

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<k6oohqFle1qU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24286&group=uk.rec.cycling#24286

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 7 Mar 2023 12:21:14 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 12:21 UTC

> QUOTE: Her trial in February heard that Grey had acted in a “hostile and
> aggressive way” towards 77-year-old Celia Ward, including shouting and
> gesturing at her, causing her to fall from her bike. ENDS

> Why has her admitted shove been missed off?

Because there wasn’t one?

> That the reason the full obscene video will never be seen by the public.

Google translate is having difficulty with that. Try again?

--
Spike

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<2641b128-964c-4eca-a45d-d50687e7da5fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24290&group=uk.rec.cycling#24290

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 05:50:46 -0800 (PST)
manslaughter_after_cyclist’s_death
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 13:50 UTC

On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 11:23:24 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: Her trial in February heard that Grey had acted in a “hostile and aggressive way” towards 77-year-old Celia Ward, including shouting and gesturing at her, causing her to fall from her bike. ENDS
>
> Why has her admitted shove been missed off?
> That the reason the full obscene video will never be seen by the public.

It's been heavily censored to protect the poor victim's family.
Shame they can't filter out the obscene comments from thick bastards.

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<772a402d-3b56-489e-a903-c750ac8f3928n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24299&group=uk.rec.cycling#24299

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 08:13:01 -0800 (PST)
manslaughter_after_cyclist’s_death
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 16:13 UTC

On Tuesday, 7 March 2023 at 05:18:15 UTC, JNugent wrote:
> On 03/03/2023 04:29, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > There is a shared use sign for this pavement further up the road. If you were cycling along this road, you would conclude this was a shared use path:
> > https://goo.gl/maps/m7LnXYV5BC986r5o8 (link is external)
> >
> > It's irrelevant in any case whether it's shared use or footway. Police policy is to use their discretion to not prosecute cyclists who ride carefully on the pavement.
>
> Riding full pelt straight at pedestrians counts as "careful" in your
> warped mind, does it?
> >
> > There is no physical difference between the shared use pavement on both sides of this road.
>
> Totally irrelevant.
>

> > In fact, the side that has more frequent shared use signs looks to be narrower at this point, the pavement where the crime took place seems a better place to cycle, as there are no overhanging bushes or railings encroaching the path.
>
> Don't talk crap. The pedestrian was the only one with a right to be on
> that footway.

And does that give the pedestrian the right to assault the victim resulting in the victim's death?
Common Assault does not require physical contact.

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<k6p7pdFnmr5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24303&group=uk.rec.cycling#24303

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 7 Mar 2023 16:41:17 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 16:41 UTC

Mike Collins <cmike8828@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 7 March 2023 at 05:18:15 UTC, JNugent wrote:
>> On 03/03/2023 04:29, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> There is a shared use sign for this pavement further up the road. If
>>> you were cycling along this road, you would conclude this was a shared use path:
>>> https://goo.gl/maps/m7LnXYV5BC986r5o8 (link is external)
>>>
>>> It's irrelevant in any case whether it's shared use or footway. Police
>>> policy is to use their discretion to not prosecute cyclists who ride
>>> carefully on the pavement.
>>
>> Riding full pelt straight at pedestrians counts as "careful" in your
>> warped mind, does it?
>>>
>>> There is no physical difference between the shared use pavement on both
>>> sides of this road.
>>
>> Totally irrelevant.
>>

>>> In fact, the side that has more frequent shared use signs looks to be
>>> narrower at this point, the pavement where the crime took place seems a
>>> better place to cycle, as there are no overhanging bushes or railings
>>> encroaching the path.
>>
>> Don't talk crap. The pedestrian was the only one with a right to be on
>> that footway.

> And does that give the pedestrian the right to assault the victim
> resulting in the victim's death?
> Common Assault does not require physical contact.

If the cyclist apprehend the immediate use of unlawful violence by the
pedestrian, why did she continue cycling towards her?

--
Spike

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<dd0c12fe-9b6c-4a91-9b53-85ab380f871an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24304&group=uk.rec.cycling#24304

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 08:41:18 -0800 (PST)
manslaughter_after_cyclist’s_death
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 16:41 UTC

On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 4:13:02 PM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:

> And does that give the pedestrian the right to assault the victim resulting in the victim's death?

Is that the woman who has been jailed for 3 years for manslaughter?
Is there some dispute about the verdict?

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<82e9caf6-faaf-4463-af35-111da3a30b16n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24308&group=uk.rec.cycling#24308

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 08:47:25 -0800 (PST)
manslaughter_after_cyclist’s_death
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 16:47 UTC

On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 4:13:02 PM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:

> And does that give the pedestrian the right to assault the victim resulting in the victim's death?

She has now admitted to shoving the cyclist as she rode past - hence the jail sentence.

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<k6p8ivFnq8kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24311&group=uk.rec.cycling#24311

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 7 Mar 2023 16:54:55 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 16:54 UTC

> On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 4:13:02 PM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:

>> And does that give the pedestrian the right to assault the victim
>> resulting in the victim's death?

> She has now admitted to shoving the cyclist as she rode past - hence the jail sentence.

Where does it say that? Is it in the trial transcript?

--
Spike

Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death

<7b8ddf77-dc7d-4213-89e1-953ff6809e4dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24314&group=uk.rec.cycling#24314

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 09:00:35 -0800 (PST)
manslaughter_after_cyclist’s_death
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 17:00 UTC

On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 4:47:26 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 4:13:02 PM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:
> > And does that give the pedestrian the right to assault the victim resulting in the victim's death?
> She has now admitted to shoving the cyclist as she rode past - hence the jail sentence.

Pity the police have put a stop on the whole footage - it would shut up the ignorant twats on Twatter.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Three years in jail for pedestrian convicted of manslaughter after cyclist’s death