"Been through Hell? Whaddya bring back for me?" -- A. Brilliant

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong

SubjectAuthor
* Another abusive pedestrian in the wrongswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrongBrian
+* Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrongswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrongBrian
+* Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrongswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrongSpike
|`- Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrongswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrongJNugent
`- Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrongswldx...@gmail.com

1
Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong

<24d4c542-b9d3-47c0-b952-82c6c84f0d1fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24268&group=uk.rec.cycling#24268

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 22:32:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 06:32 UTC

What sort of person abuses a passing cyclist like this, threatens violence in front of his child, and drops the c-bomb on a complete stranger? Infuriating to watch this bully showing his family what a big man he is.

Following a case of a cyclist being killed on a shared path when a pedestrian swore at her and she ended up in the road, I tweeted that behaviour spills over from social media into the real world.

I've just been sworn at on a shared path & 'offered out' as well for no reason.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1632740682770128898

Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong

<tu6u9n$bhtv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24269&group=uk.rec.cycling#24269

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 08:57:27 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:vurB/Z+XAfIXNArmvLQCLVicYvQ=
 by: Brian - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 08:57 UTC

> What sort of person abuses a passing cyclist like this, threatens
> violence in front of his child, and drops the c-bomb on a complete
> stranger? Infuriating to watch this bully showing his family what a big man he is.
>
> Following a case of a cyclist being killed on a shared path when a
> pedestrian swore at her and she ended up in the road, I tweeted that
> behaviour spills over from social media into the real world.
>
> I've just been sworn at on a shared path & 'offered out' as well for no reason.
>
> https://twitter.com/i/status/1632740682770128898

Hmm, you clearly failed to notice the road markings and sign.

The path IS NOT SHARED there is a cycle lane ON THE ROAD in the section
where the cyclist rode aggressively towards the family.

It is not a shared path.

Even if it was, pedestrians have priority. Read the HWC.

Perhaps you need to visit Specsavers.

Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong

<tu6uks$bk0s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24270&group=uk.rec.cycling#24270

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 09:03:24 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:TA1f2zG0jxZ92JyAdIzPVI3iLbE=
 by: Brian - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 09:03 UTC

> What sort of person abuses a passing cyclist like this, threatens
> violence in front of his child, and drops the c-bomb on a complete
> stranger? Infuriating to watch this bully showing his family what a big man he is.
>
> Following a case of a cyclist being killed on a shared path when a
> pedestrian swore at her and she ended up in the road, I tweeted that
> behaviour spills over from social media into the real world.
>
> I've just been sworn at on a shared path & 'offered out' as well for no reason.
>
> https://twitter.com/i/status/1632740682770128898

Even his fellow cyclists, in the main, are criticising him 😀

Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong

<k6ogv3Fk931U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24271&group=uk.rec.cycling#24271

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 7 Mar 2023 10:11:47 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 10:11 UTC

Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What sort of person abuses a passing cyclist like this, threatens
>> violence in front of his child, and drops the c-bomb on a complete
>> stranger? Infuriating to watch this bully showing his family what a big man he is.
>>
>> Following a case of a cyclist being killed on a shared path when a
>> pedestrian swore at her and she ended up in the road, I tweeted that
>> behaviour spills over from social media into the real world.
>>
>> I've just been sworn at on a shared path & 'offered out' as well for no reason.
>>
>> https://twitter.com/i/status/1632740682770128898
>>

> Even his fellow cyclists, in the main, are criticising him 😀

LOL!

--
Spike

Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong

<k6ogv3Fk931U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24272&group=uk.rec.cycling#24272

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 7 Mar 2023 10:11:47 GMT

Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What sort of person abuses a passing cyclist like this, threatens
>> violence in front of his child, and drops the c-bomb on a complete
>> stranger? Infuriating to watch this bully showing his family what a big man he is.
>>
>> Following a case of a cyclist being killed on a shared path when a
>> pedestrian swore at her and she ended up in the road, I tweeted that
>> behaviour spills over from social media into the real world.
>>
>> I've just been sworn at on a shared path & 'offered out' as well for no reason.

>> https://twitter.com/i/status/1632740682770128898

> Hmm, you clearly failed to notice the road markings and sign.

> The path IS NOT SHARED there is a cycle lane ON THE ROAD in the section
> where the cyclist rode aggressively towards the family.

> It is not a shared path.

> Even if it was, pedestrians have priority. Read the HWC.

> Perhaps you need to visit Specsavers.

My goodness, this video and the van Twerp one show that cyclists are
aggressive and run on a short fuse, a dangerous combination.

It proves the paucity of thinking that went in to the ‘shared path’
concept. The sooner it is unwound, the better. Get cyclists back on the
road, things are bad enough for pedestrians as it is.

--
Spike

Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong

<83d1584c-aa0e-4192-979e-d5d060adf967n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24276&group=uk.rec.cycling#24276

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 03:13:45 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 11:13 UTC

On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 6:32:19 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> What sort of person abuses a passing cyclist like this, threatens violence in front of his child, and drops the c-bomb on a complete stranger? Infuriating to watch this bully showing his family what a big man he is.

Note the feeble attempt to crop out the cycle symbol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FqjireoXsAcDBtP?format=jpg&name=small

Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong

<tu78f6$d4ev$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24282&group=uk.rec.cycling#24282

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 11:51:02 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:u6eQ/4HxyhVvgOGM4xhR6oFmHD0=
 by: Brian - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 11:51 UTC

> On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 6:32:19 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> What sort of person abuses a passing cyclist like this, threatens
>> violence in front of his child, and drops the c-bomb on a complete
>> stranger? Infuriating to watch this bully showing his family what a big man he is.
>
> Note the feeble attempt to crop out the cycle symbol:
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FqjireoXsAcDBtP?format=jpg&name=small

Attempt by who?

The only people posting images / videos are the bad tempered cyclist on
Twitter and you on here.

The sign and the road markings are perfectly clear. Another cyclist can be
seen using the cycle lane during the video. You are one of the very few
cyclists defending the cyclist, others are condemning his behaviour.

For your own safety, I repeat my advice to visit Specsavers.

Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong

<cd1e527a-622d-49a7-8bd7-bd8d3457c457n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24288&group=uk.rec.cycling#24288

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 05:46:07 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 13:46 UTC

QUOTE: What sort of person abuses a passing cyclist like this, threatens violence in front of his child, and drops the c-bomb on a complete stranger? Infuriating to watch this bully showing his family what a big man he is. ENDS

What a total prick using language like this in front of his own child.
TOTAL TOSSER.

Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong

<k6ov6jFmcunU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24296&group=uk.rec.cycling#24296

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 7 Mar 2023 14:14:43 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 14:14 UTC

> QUOTE: What sort of person abuses a passing cyclist like this, threatens
> violence in front of his child, and drops the c-bomb on a complete
> stranger? Infuriating to watch this bully showing his family what a big man he is. ENDS
>
> What a total prick using language like this in front of his own child.
> TOTAL TOSSER.

Talking of bullies and total tossers…

Little girl kicked

Cyclist who 'kicked little girl to floor' on Christmas Day 'refuses to
apologise'

Footage shows a road rage cyclist appear to deliberately knock over a child
that was blocking his way using his knee. The girl's dad claimed he
demanded an apology but he refused.

A cyclist who seemingly deliberately stuck out his knee to knock over a
child that was blocking his way "refused to apologise" when confronted by
her dad.
In the footage, recorded by dad by Patrick Mpasa on Christmas Day at a
nature Park in Belgium, a cyclist is coming down a path behind his wife and
daughter ringing a bicycle horn.

Instead of waiting for the infant to be pulled out of the way, he goes down
the side and seemingly deliberately puts his leg out, striking her in the
back and sending her flying onto the snow-covered ground.

Moments before he knocks her over, he shouts in warning: "Attention!"

Patrick, who managed to catch up with the man, said: "He explained what
happened and asked us to withdraw the complaint to police, but he showed no
remorse and did not apologise."

He decided to share the footage on social media asking if people agreed
that he was right to complain to the police.

Public prosecutors have confirmed they are aware of the video and are
looking into the incident.

The family believes if the man had accidentally knocked over the little
girl, he would have stopped to check that she was okay instead of just
speeding off.

<https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/cyclist-who-kicked-little-girl-23243631>

--
Spike

Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong

<d2cef809-78ef-42f2-97e4-5c2d23dfdc3an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24297&group=uk.rec.cycling#24297

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 07:49:41 -0800 (PST)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 15:49 UTC

On Tuesday, 7 March 2023 at 08:57:29 UTC, Brian wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldx...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What sort of person abuses a passing cyclist like this, threatens
> > violence in front of his child, and drops the c-bomb on a complete
> > stranger? Infuriating to watch this bully showing his family what a big man he is.
> >
> > Following a case of a cyclist being killed on a shared path when a
> > pedestrian swore at her and she ended up in the road, I tweeted that
> > behaviour spills over from social media into the real world.
> >
> > I've just been sworn at on a shared path & 'offered out' as well for no reason.
> >
> > https://twitter.com/i/status/1632740682770128898
> >
> Hmm, you clearly failed to notice the road markings and sign.

You mean the blue circular shared use sign and the cycle stencil on the path?

> The path IS NOT SHARED there is a cycle lane ON THE ROAD in the section
> where the cyclist rode aggressively towards the family.

No, on the road is a no-cycle lane in respect it shows cyclists which part of the carriageway to avoid.

> It is not a shared path.
>
> Even if it was, pedestrians have priority. Read the HWC.

In what way did the cyclist not cede priority to the pedestrians? Pedestrian priority does not mean pedestrians can hog the whole path and leave no room for cyclists.

Having said that I cannot see any circumstances that would cause me to cycle there rather than the road.

Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong

<k6p76dFnk6kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24300&group=uk.rec.cycling#24300

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 7 Mar 2023 16:31:10 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 16:31 UTC

Mike Collins <cmike8828@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pedestrian priority does not mean pedestrians can hog the whole path and
> leave no room for cyclists.

PRIORITY

in British English

NOUN
Word forms: plural -ties

2. the right of precedence over others

HTH

--
Spike

Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong

<9cc88dfb-ba2c-4156-9572-2f8287af4358n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24302&group=uk.rec.cycling#24302

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 08:37:48 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 16:37 UTC

On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 1:46:09 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: What sort of person abuses a passing cyclist like this, threatens violence in front of his child, and drops the c-bomb on a complete stranger? Infuriating to watch this bully showing his family what a big man he is. ENDS
>
> What a total prick using language like this in front of his own child.
> TOTAL TOSSER.

Looks like a vandal has been trying to erase the cycle symbol - to no avail..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FqjireoXsAcDBtP?format=jpg&name=small

Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong

<k6pn00FpvjkU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24320&group=uk.rec.cycling#24320

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 15:00:48 -0600
 by: JNugent - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 21:00 UTC

On 07/03/2023 00:32, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> What sort of person abuses a passing cyclist like this, threatens violence in front of his child, and drops the c-bomb on a complete stranger? Infuriating to watch this bully showing his family what a big man he is.
>
> Following a case of a cyclist being killed on a shared path when a pedestrian swore at her and she ended up in the road, I tweeted that behaviour spills over from social media into the real world.
>
> I've just been sworn at on a shared path & 'offered out' as well for no reason.
>
> https://twitter.com/i/status/1632740682770128898

Everyone normal hates arrogant fairy-cyclists.

You KNOW that.

Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong

<9d083086-2332-47e5-966f-d18fa0ca22acn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24323&group=uk.rec.cycling#24323

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 13:27:07 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 21:27 UTC

Replying to
@AdamBronkhorst
How can you tell it’s a shared path ?

There are many signs (like the blue one at the very beginning of the clip, markings on the floor and also Experience and local knowledge. I've been riding it for 10 years passing thousands of people on there. This is the only time someone has tried to start a fight with me.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Another abusive pedestrian in the wrong