Adapt. Enjoy. Survive.

aus+uk / aus.computers / Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.

SubjectAuthor
* Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.West of the Rockies
+* Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.Marco Moock
|`- Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.West of the Rockies
+* Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.Frank Slootweg
|`* Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.Max
| +* Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.West of the Rockies
| |`* Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.West of the Rockies
| | `* Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.Rod Speed
| |  `- Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.West of the Rockies
| `- Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.West of the Rockies
`- Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.Max

1
Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.

<j53n6gF5avkU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2391&group=aus.computers#2391

From: Cowboy....@montana.org (West of the Rockies)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Subject: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 00:51:27 -0000
 by: West of the Rockies - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 00:51 UTC

Bad hearing, need a headset (Bluetooth or otherwise) to hear TV.

Some TVs are advertised with Bluetooth capabilities.

Anybody with experience using these, and is a dongle (Bluetooth or
something else) needed to be plugged into the tv?

Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.

<20220123103823.7adde2f8@ryz>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2392&group=aus.computers#2392

From: mo0...@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Subject: Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 10:38:23 +0100
 by: Marco Moock - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 09:38 UTC

Am Sonntag, 23. Januar 2022, um 00:51:27 Uhr schrieb West of the
Rockies:

> Bad hearing, need a headset (Bluetooth or otherwise) to hear TV.
>
> Some TVs are advertised with Bluetooth capabilities.

They you should be able to pair the headphones directly to your TV.

> Anybody with experience using these, and is a dongle (Bluetooth or
> something else) needed to be plugged into the tv?

I don't think that you need a dongle (=Bluetooth transceiver) if your
TV supports Bluetooth. If it doesn't support Bluetooth directly, I
don't think that a Bluetooth dongle will work if not specified by the
TV manufacturer.

Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.

<sskc9i.5qk.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2393&group=aus.computers#2393

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: 23 Jan 2022 19:03:08 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 19:03 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 00:51:27 -0000, West of the Rockies
> <Cowboy.Joe@montana.org> wrote:
>
> >Bad hearing, need a headset (Bluetooth or otherwise) to hear TV.
> >
> >Some TVs are advertised with Bluetooth capabilities.
> >
> >Anybody with experience using these, and is a dongle (Bluetooth or
> >something else) needed to be plugged into the tv?
> >
> If your TV has bluetooth capabilities you just need Bluetooth head
> phones which will detect your headphones in your TV setup.
>
> You can also get a bluetooth "dongle" that will plug into your TV
> audio plug/jack
> https://www.logitech.com/en-au/products/speakers/bluetooth-audio-adapter.980-000914.html
> https://t.ly/yjox
> Easily connect most computer speakers, home stereo systems or AV
> receivers via the 3.5 mm or RCA inputs. Plug the Bluetooth Audio
> Receiver into an AC power source.

Wrong device! That's a Bluetooth receiver, 'West of the Rockies' needs
a Bluetooth *transmitter*.

I have a Bluetooth transmitter, actually a transmitter and a receiver,
for exactly the OP's use - listening to the (non-Bluetooth) TV, via a
Bluetooth headset -, but as I live in The Netherlands, that's of little
use to the OP.

[...]

Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.

<j55oo3Fhdu3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2394&group=aus.computers#2394

From: Cowboy....@montana.org (West of the Rockies)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 19:27:22 -0000
 by: West of the Rockies - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 19:27 UTC

On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 10:38:23 +0100, Marco Moock posted:-

> Am Sonntag, 23. Januar 2022, um 00:51:27 Uhr schrieb West of the
> Rockies:
>
> > Bad hearing, need a headset (Bluetooth or otherwise) to hear TV.
> >
> > Some TVs are advertised with Bluetooth capabilities.
>
> They you should be able to pair the headphones directly to your TV.
>
> > Anybody with experience using these, and is a dongle (Bluetooth or
> > something else) needed to be plugged into the tv?
>
> I don't think that you need a dongle (=Bluetooth transceiver) if your
> TV supports Bluetooth. If it doesn't support Bluetooth directly, I
> don't think that a Bluetooth dongle will work if not specified by the
> TV manufacturer.

Thanks guys, will try a few things.

Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.

<sskocm$jsb$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2395&group=aus.computers#2395

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 10:29:25 +1100
 by: Max - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 23:29 UTC

On 23/01/2022 11:51 am, West of the Rockies wrote:
> Bad hearing, need a headset (Bluetooth or otherwise) to hear TV.
>
> Some TVs are advertised with Bluetooth capabilities.
>
> Anybody with experience using these, and is a dongle (Bluetooth or
> something else) needed to be plugged into the tv?

What you need is something like this:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/logitech-bluetooth-audio-adapter

Run a cable from the TV to this device, then you can listen to the TV
through bluetooth speakers.

Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.

<ssl12d$16vf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2396&group=aus.computers#2396

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:57:30 +1100
 by: Max - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 01:57 UTC

On 24/01/2022 10:06 am, Petzl wrote:
> On 23 Jan 2022 19:03:08 GMT, Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> If your TV has bluetooth capabilities you just need Bluetooth head
>>> phones which will detect your headphones in your TV setup.
>>>
>>> You can also get a bluetooth "dongle" that will plug into your TV
>>> audio plug/jack
>>> https://www.logitech.com/en-au/products/speakers/bluetooth-audio-adapter.980-000914.html
>>> https://t.ly/yjox
>>> Easily connect most computer speakers, home stereo systems or AV
>>> receivers via the 3.5 mm or RCA inputs. Plug the Bluetooth Audio
>>> Receiver into an AC power source.
>>
>> Wrong device! That's a Bluetooth receiver, 'West of the Rockies' needs
>> a Bluetooth *transmitter*.

This is the one you need:

https://avantree.com/audikast-plus-bluetooth-5.0-transmitter-for-tv

>> I have a Bluetooth transmitter, actually a transmitter and a receiver,
>> for exactly the OP's use - listening to the (non-Bluetooth) TV, via a
>> Bluetooth headset -, but as I live in The Netherlands, that's of little
>> use to the OP.
>>
> OK the transmitters are out their. google gives me this one.
> https://youtu.be/JA_ls_xBbIg
>
> The logitech one I use as the TV is usually streaming, so I watch via
> my computer which has bluetooth and watch what I want

Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.

<j56jklFm6eeU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2397&group=aus.computers#2397

From: Cowboy....@montana.org (West of the Rockies)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 03:08:12 -0000
 by: West of the Rockies - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 03:08 UTC

On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:57:30 +1100, Max posted:-

> This is the one you need:
>
> https://avantree.com/audikast-plus-bluetooth-5.0-transmitter-for-tv

That looks like the "ants pants', thanks!

Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.

<j64dkmFsd2nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2411&group=aus.computers#2411

From: Cowboy....@montana.org (West of the Rockies)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 05:10:34 -0000
 by: West of the Rockies - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 05:10 UTC

On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 03:08:12 -0000, West of the Rockies posted:-

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:57:30 +1100, Max posted:-
>
> > This is the one you need:
> >
> > https://avantree.com/audikast-plus-bluetooth-5.0-transmitter-for-tv
> >

> That looks like the "ants pants', thanks!

Further to this, TV finally arrived, usual excuses re the delay.

It has WiFi, not Bluetooth, and can be connected via the same WiFi
network the TV is using to connect to my router, for YouTube etc.using
the the LG app, looks like an el cheapo brand (Linsar) from LG.

Has an LG OS call WebOS, whatever that is.

Presumably now I would need wifi headset? What difficulties could I
expect in getting them to work, so I could hear the dialogue, or a
wasted exercise?

Or should I stick to
https://avantree.com/audikast-plus-bluetooth-5.0-transmitter-for-tv as
previously advised? Bloody bad design as well this TV, the ports are on
the back, and it now has been wall mounted. Idiots should have placed
them on the side of the TV.

Unfortunately not all programs have subtitles.

Once again, thanks, in advance.

Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.

<op.1g2qvhd3byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2412&group=aus.computers#2412

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 03:31:55 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 16:31 UTC

West of the Rockies <Cowboy.Joe@montana.org> wrote
> West of the Rockies wrote
>> Max wrote

>> > This is the one you need:

>> > https://avantree.com/audikast-plus-bluetooth-5.0-transmitter-for-tv

>> That looks like the "ants pants', thanks!

> Further to this, TV finally arrived, usual excuses re the delay.

> It has WiFi, not Bluetooth,

You should have checked the manual before buying it.

> and can be connected via the same WiFi
> network the TV is using to connect to my router, for YouTube etc.using
> the the LG app, looks like an el cheapo brand (Linsar) from LG.

> Has an LG OS call WebOS, whatever that is.

> Presumably now I would need wifi headset?

What does the manual say about that ?

> What difficulties could I
> expect in getting them to work, so I could hear the dialogue, or a
> wasted exercise?

It clearly needs to be able to do wifi headsets.

> Or should I stick to
> https://avantree.com/audikast-plus-bluetooth-5.0-transmitter-for-tv as
> previously advised? Bloody bad design as well this TV, the ports are on
> the back, and it now has been wall mounted. Idiots should have placed
> them on the side of the TV.

You should have thought of that before mounting it on the wall
and used a swing out mount for the TV. Lots of them available.

> Unfortunately not all programs have subtitles.

Yeah, discovered that with the reality TV series Murder Case
which is Glasgow Scotland detectives trying to solve murders.
Most of the cops arent too bad, but some of the members of
the public really need subtitles and the producers dont bother
with any subitles at all.

> Once again, thanks, in advance.

Even if we tell you to shove your head up a dead bear's arse, again ?

Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.

<j65r9cF69ljU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2413&group=aus.computers#2413

From: Cowboy....@montana.org (West of the Rockies)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 23:20:03 -0000
 by: West of the Rockies - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 23:20 UTC

On Sat, 05 Feb 2022 03:31:55 +1100, Rod Speed posted:-

> > Once again, thanks, in advance.
>
> Even if we tell you to shove your head up a dead bear's arse, again ?

Of course Roddles. Grateful for whatever advice you give. On my way
to the zoo right now.

Re: Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.

<j76pobFfno5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2433&group=aus.computers#2433

From: Cowboy....@montana.org (West of the Rockies)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 11:26:46 -0000
 by: West of the Rockies - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 11:26 UTC

On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:57:30 +1100, Max posted:-

> This is the one you need:
>
> https://avantree.com/audikast-plus-bluetooth-5.0-transmitter-for-tv

Thanks Max, bought it, works great.

Appreciate your help.