<Iambe> conning the most intellegent people on the planet is not easy

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Oh dear

SubjectAuthor
* Oh dearcrn
+- Oh dearNicholas D. Richards
`* Oh dearBrian Gaff
 +- Oh dearRustyHinge
 +- Oh dearmaus
 `* Oh dearSam Plusnet
  +- Oh dearAhem A Rivet's Shot
  `* Oh dearTone
   `* Oh dearSam Plusnet
    +* Oh dearTone
    |+- Oh dearBrian Gaff
    |+* Oh dearSam Plusnet
    ||`- Oh dearTone
    |`* Oh dearNicholas D. Richards
    | `- Oh dearKerr-Mudd, John
    `* Oh dearAhem A Rivet's Shot
     `* Oh dearBrian Gaff
      `- Oh dearDon Stockbauer

1
Oh dear

<ucb485$6naj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24296&group=uk.rec.sheds#24296

From: crn...@nospam.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Oh dear
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 20:51:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: crn...@nospam.com - Fri, 25 Aug 2023 20:51 UTC

The bad news - The Renault Master has developed a right rear puncher. [1]
The good news - its only flat on the bottom.

[1] Damned autocorrect.

--
http://www.netunix.com/

Re: Oh dear

<mJdWafA5kR6kFAeG@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24298&group=uk.rec.sheds#24298

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Oh dear
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 22:12:25 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Fri, 25 Aug 2023 21:12 UTC

In article <ucb485$6naj$1@dont-email.me>, crn@nospam.com on Fri, 25 Aug
2023 at 20:51:19 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>The bad news - The Renault Master has developed a right rear puncher. [1]
>The good news - its only flat on the bottom.
>
>[1] Damned autocorrect.

Does that mean you have 4 hands.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Oh dear

<ucchik$hbdb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24302&group=uk.rec.sheds#24302

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 10:44:47 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 09:44 UTC

Ah, have you ever seen some caravans that when they are being towed have a
kind of waddle effect? When I could see it was quite common, apparently
caused by being parked up for long periods with the same part of the tyre
on the ground. I did under if it just flattened the air inside at that
spot.. grin.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
<crn@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ucb485$6naj$1@dont-email.me...
> The bad news - The Renault Master has developed a right rear puncher. [1]
> The good news - its only flat on the bottom.
>
> [1] Damned autocorrect.
>
> --
> http://www.netunix.com/

Re: Oh dear

<uccrhb$isja$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24303&group=uk.rec.sheds#24303

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 13:34:51 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 12:34 UTC

On 26/08/2023 10:44, Brian Gaff wrote:
top-post just for Brian:

After changing direction a few times the flat spots move in relation to
one-another: that's when the caravans really waddle.

> Ah, have you ever seen some caravans that when they are being towed have a
> kind of waddle effect? When I could see it was quite common, apparently
> caused by being parked up for long periods with the same part of the tyre
> on the ground. I did under if it just flattened the air inside at that
> spot.. grin.

After changing direction a few times the flat spots move in relation to
one-another: that's when the caravans really waddle.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Oh dear

<slrnuek7p9.eeq.maus@deb2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24311&group=uk.rec.sheds#24311

From: mau...@deb2.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 26 Aug 2023 15:50:01 GMT
 by: maus - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 15:50 UTC

On 2023-08-26, Brian Gaff <brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah, have you ever seen some caravans that when they are being towed have a
> kind of waddle effect? When I could see it was quite common, apparently
> caused by being parked up for long periods with the same part of the tyre
> on the ground. I did under if it just flattened the air inside at that
> spot.. grin.
> Brian

Bad weight distribution. Happened to me once, and I shold have noticed
when the hitched had to be pushed down on theball. Nearly s*** myself
wen i got on the road and had to do a roundabout. The daughter of the
man that had asked me to help him move was sitting beside me.

"Dad noticed that as well.''

Her youngst son recently started his first job.

--
greymausg@mail.com
Where is our money gone:?.

Re: Oh dear

<TfsGM.912944$GMN3.213245@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24315&group=uk.rec.sheds#24315

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 20:20:18 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 19:20 UTC

On 26-Aug-23 10:44, Brian Gaff wrote:
> Ah, have you ever seen some caravans that when they are being towed have a
> kind of waddle effect? When I could see it was quite common, apparently
> caused by being parked up for long periods with the same part of the tyre
> on the ground. I did under if it just flattened the air inside at that
> spot.. grin.

Funny you should say the Brian.

I was strongly recommended to have new tyres on our caravan, since the
existing ones are 6 years old. I did that - despite the old tyres
having done only (very) modest mileage - that's true of most caravans.
This recommendation is pretty standard with caravans.

Our car is around the same age, so when the MOT came around I wondered
if I would get the same recommendation, since car tyres get a lot more
stress than caravan tyres.

Nope. No limits in the MOT on car tyre age - unless it's a public
service vehicle (wrong worms, but sommat like that) and even then the
limit is 10 years.

Something, somewhere is out of kilter.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Oh dear

<20230826205330.13dd726a0c6857877a2f6e63@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24318&group=uk.rec.sheds#24318

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 20:53:30 +0100
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 19:53 UTC

On Sat, 26 Aug 2023 20:20:18 +0100
Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

> Nope. No limits in the MOT on car tyre age - unless it's a public
> service vehicle (wrong worms, but sommat like that) and even then the
> limit is 10 years.

Hmm in the Irish NCT tyres over six years old get you an advisory
but not a failure. The general meaning of an advisory is "keep an eye on
this it's not going to last much longer".

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Oh dear

<uce5ko$rjrh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24322&group=uk.rec.sheds#24322

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 01:33:28 +0100
 by: Tone - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 00:33 UTC

On 26/08/2023 20:20, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> On 26-Aug-23 10:44, Brian Gaff wrote:
>> Ah, have you ever seen some caravans that when they are being towed
>> have a
>> kind of waddle effect? When I could see it was quite common, apparently
>> caused by being parked up for long periods with the same part of the tyre
>> on the ground. I did under if it just flattened the air inside at that
>> spot.. grin.
>
> Funny you should say the Brian.
>
> I was strongly recommended to have new tyres on our caravan, since the
> existing ones are 6 years old.  I did that - despite the old tyres
> having done only (very) modest mileage - that's true of most caravans.
> This recommendation is pretty standard with caravans.
>
> Our car is around the same age, so when the MOT came around I wondered
> if I would get the same recommendation, since car tyres get a lot more
> stress than caravan tyres.
>
> Nope.  No limits in the MOT on car tyre age - unless it's a public
> service vehicle (wrong worms, but sommat like that) and even then the
> limit is 10 years.
>
> Something, somewhere is out of kilter.

When I bought my Carlight Commander 1980 classic caravan through Bangers
and Cash Auctions (Derek Matthewson and Family, who I know fairly well)
we towed it from Pickering to York on 40 year old tyres.

We made it. But my bottle was going. In fact it towed well.

It has new tyres fitted now. Tows ever betterererer.

It's going back into the auction in October. I've decided that I can't
really handle it any more. I've had a couple of good years out of it and
improved it somewhat.

It's not the towing. I love that. But the setting up, water filling,
toilet emptying and basic maintenance that is now beyond my salary range*.

If we go anywhere it will be in hotels from now on. I've ordered a
bespoke two mobility scooter-carrying aluminium enclosed trailer. Should
be fun, as long as I can still drive.

*£000.00

Tone

Re: Oh dear

<mFxGM.370932$Q2B2.317627@fx06.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24327&group=uk.rec.sheds#24327

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 02:28:49 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 01:28 UTC

On 27-Aug-23 1:33, Tone wrote:
> On 26/08/2023 20:20, Sam Plusnet wrote:
>> On 26-Aug-23 10:44, Brian Gaff wrote:
>>> Ah, have you ever seen some caravans that when they are being towed
>>> have a
>>> kind of waddle effect? When I could see it was quite common, apparently
>>> caused by being parked up for long periods with the same part of the
>>> tyre
>>> on the ground. I did under if it just flattened the air inside at that
>>> spot.. grin.
>>
>> Funny you should say the Brian.
>>
>> I was strongly recommended to have new tyres on our caravan, since the
>> existing ones are 6 years old.  I did that - despite the old tyres
>> having done only (very) modest mileage - that's true of most caravans.
>> This recommendation is pretty standard with caravans.
>>
>> Our car is around the same age, so when the MOT came around I wondered
>> if I would get the same recommendation, since car tyres get a lot more
>> stress than caravan tyres.
>>
>> Nope.  No limits in the MOT on car tyre age - unless it's a public
>> service vehicle (wrong worms, but sommat like that) and even then the
>> limit is 10 years.
>>
>> Something, somewhere is out of kilter.
>>

> When I bought my Carlight Commander 1980 classic caravan through Bangers
> and Cash Auctions (Derek Matthewson and Family, who I know fairly well)
> we towed it from Pickering to York on 40 year old tyres.
>
> We made it. But my bottle was going. In fact it towed well.
>
> It has new tyres fitted now. Tows ever betterererer.
>
> It's going back into the auction in October. I've decided that I can't
> really handle it any more. I've had a couple of good years out of it and
> improved it somewhat.
>
> It's not the towing. I love that. But the setting up, water filling,
> toilet emptying and basic maintenance that is now beyond my salary range*.
>
> If we go anywhere it will be in hotels from now on. I've ordered a
> bespoke two mobility scooter-carrying aluminium enclosed trailer. Should
> be fun, as long as I can still drive.
>
> *£000.00

By the time you add up what we spend on the caravan for:
Insurance, Breakdown cover, secure storage, site fees, extra bits &
pieces of hardware[1].

I sometimes wonder if we would spend less if we sold it, & used hotels.

That said, we do go away for up to a month at a time, twice a year, so
that would add up to a fair bit if we stayed in hotels - and had to 'eat
out' every day.

[1] In the last few weeks I've cnvq out for a "Sun Canopy" and a set of
expensive (but good) towing mirrors. Getting on for 400 of your Earth zu.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Oh dear

<ucea9k$101i1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24329&group=uk.rec.sheds#24329

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 02:52:51 +0100
 by: Tone - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 01:52 UTC

On 27/08/2023 02:28, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> On 27-Aug-23 1:33, Tone wrote:
>>>
>>> Funny you should say the Brian.
>>>
>>> I was strongly recommended to have new tyres on our caravan, since
>>> the existing ones are 6 years old.  I did that - despite the old
>>> tyres having done only (very) modest mileage - that's true of most
>>> caravans.
>>> This recommendation is pretty standard with caravans.
>>>
>>> Our car is around the same age, so when the MOT came around I
>>> wondered if I would get the same recommendation, since car tyres get
>>> a lot more stress than caravan tyres.
>>>
>>> Nope.  No limits in the MOT on car tyre age - unless it's a public
>>> service vehicle (wrong worms, but sommat like that) and even then the
>>> limit is 10 years.
>>>
>>> Something, somewhere is out of kilter.
>>>

>> When I bought my Carlight Commander 1980 classic caravan through
>> Bangers and Cash Auctions (Derek Matthewson and Family, who I know
>> fairly well) we towed it from Pickering to York on 40 year old tyres.
>>
>> We made it. But my bottle was going. In fact it towed well.
>>
>> It has new tyres fitted now. Tows ever betterererer.
>>
>> It's going back into the auction in October. I've decided that I can't
>> really handle it any more. I've had a couple of good years out of it
>> and improved it somewhat.
>>
>> It's not the towing. I love that. But the setting up, water filling,
>> toilet emptying and basic maintenance that is now beyond my salary
>> range*.
>>
>> If we go anywhere it will be in hotels from now on. I've ordered a
>> bespoke two mobility scooter-carrying aluminium enclosed trailer.
>> Should be fun, as long as I can still drive.
>>
>> *£000.00
>
> By the time you add up what we spend on the caravan for:
> Insurance, Breakdown cover, secure storage, site fees, extra bits &
> pieces of hardware[1].
>
> I sometimes wonder if we would spend less if we sold it, & used hotels.
>
> That said, we do go away for up to a month at a time, twice a year, so
> that would add up to a fair bit if we stayed in hotels - and had to 'eat
> out' every day.
>
> [1] In the last few weeks I've cnvq out for a "Sun Canopy" and a set of
> expensive (but good) towing mirrors.  Getting on for 400 of your Earth zu.

It's mainly about health with me. My brain is still about 24 and my body
is falling apart. Brain says, this would be a great idea. Body can't cope.

Actually the lack of mobility I can cope with, but it's the long covid
lack of breath when I try to do anything in the least energetic that
does me in.

So, I have to adjust. I've booked the prospective X^4 and messen into a
hotel for Christmas*. We'll see how that goes.

*Apologies for mentioning Christmas on the newsgroup already.

Tone

Re: Oh dear

<20230827072019.33908486bed141f112b09e5f@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24331&group=uk.rec.sheds#24331

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 07:20:19 +0100
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 06:20 UTC

On Sun, 27 Aug 2023 02:28:49 +0100
Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

> I sometimes wonder if we would spend less if we sold it, & used hotels.
>
> That said, we do go away for up to a month at a time, twice a year, so
> that would add up to a fair bit if we stayed in hotels - and had to 'eat
> out' every day.

Self catering holiday homes are quite a good option.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/
Host: Beautiful Theory meet Inconvenient Fact
Obit: Beautiful Theory died today of factual inconsistency

Re: Oh dear

<ucfeeg$15fu6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24332&group=uk.rec.sheds#24332

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 13:09:52 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 12:09 UTC

Don't worry, Christmas has already arrived on the shopping channels on tv.

Yes, my body is internally falling to bits, like Liver, and things like
that, but since I don't drink its to do with diet and parentage, apparently.
Brian

--

--:
"Tone" <tone@email.com> wrote in message
> On 27/08/2023 02:28, Sam Plusnet wrote:

>>> When I bought my Carlight Commander 1980 classic caravan through Bangers
>>> and Cash Auctions (Derek Matthewson and Family, who I know fairly well)
>>> we towed it from Pickering to York on 40 year old tyres.
>>>
>>> We made it. But my bottle was going. In fact it towed well.
>>>
>>> It has new tyres fitted now. Tows ever betterererer.
>>>
>>> It's going back into the auction in October. I've decided that I can't
>>> really handle it any more. I've had a couple of good years out of it and
>>> improved it somewhat.
>>>
>>> It's not the towing. I love that. But the setting up, water filling,
>>> toilet emptying and basic maintenance that is now beyond my salary
>>> range*.
>>>
>>> If we go anywhere it will be in hotels from now on. I've ordered a
>>> bespoke two mobility scooter-carrying aluminium enclosed trailer. Should
>>> be fun, as long as I can still drive.
>>>
>>> *�000.00
>>
>> By the time you add up what we spend on the caravan for:
>> Insurance, Breakdown cover, secure storage, site fees, extra bits &
>> pieces of hardware[1].
>>
>> I sometimes wonder if we would spend less if we sold it, & used hotels.
>>
>> That said, we do go away for up to a month at a time, twice a year, so
>> that would add up to a fair bit if we stayed in hotels - and had to 'eat
>> out' every day.
>>
>> [1] In the last few weeks I've cnvq out for a "Sun Canopy" and a set of
>> expensive (but good) towing mirrors. Getting on for 400 of your Earth zu.
>>

> It's mainly about health with me. My brain is still about 24 and my body
> is falling apart. Brain says, this would be a great idea. Body can't cope.
>
> Actually the lack of mobility I can cope with, but it's the long covid
> lack of breath when I try to do anything in the least energetic that does
> me in.
>
> So, I have to adjust. I've booked the prospective X^4 and messen into a
> hotel for Christmas*. We'll see how that goes.
>
> *Apologies for mentioning Christmas on the newsgroup already.
>
> Tone

Re: Oh dear

<ucfehc$15gh1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24333&group=uk.rec.sheds#24333

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 13:11:23 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 12:11 UTC

What you need quite clearly is an airship. No traffic jams just tether it to
some ground spikes where you like.
Brian

--

--:
"Ahem A Rivet's Shot" <steveo@eircom.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 27 Aug 2023 02:28:49 +0100
> Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:
>
>> I sometimes wonder if we would spend less if we sold it, & used hotels.
>>
>> That said, we do go away for up to a month at a time, twice a year, so
>> that would add up to a fair bit if we stayed in hotels - and had to 'eat
>> out' every day.
>
> Self catering holiday homes are quite a good option.
>
> --
> Steve O'Hara-Smith
> Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/
> Host: Beautiful Theory meet Inconvenient Fact
> Obit: Beautiful Theory died today of factual inconsistency

Re: Oh dear

<89d14e04-14d4-430c-a73d-740bab195797n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24336&group=uk.rec.sheds#24336

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 10:27:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 17:27 UTC

On Sunday, August 27, 2023 at 7:11:26 AM UTC-5, Brian Gaff wrote:
> What you need quite clearly is an airship. No traffic jams just tether it to
> some ground spikes where you like.
> Brian
>
> --
>
> --:
> This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
> The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
> bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
> Blind user, so no pictures please
> Note this Signature is meaningless.!
> "Ahem A Rivet's Shot" <ste...@eircom.net> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 27 Aug 2023 02:28:49 +0100
> > Sam Plusnet <n...@home.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I sometimes wonder if we would spend less if we sold it, & used hotels..
> >>
> >> That said, we do go away for up to a month at a time, twice a year, so
> >> that would add up to a fair bit if we stayed in hotels - and had to 'eat
> >> out' every day.
> >
> > Self catering holiday homes are quite a good option.
> >
> > --
> > Steve O'Hara-Smith
> > Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/
> > Host: Beautiful Theory meet Inconvenient Fact
> > Obit: Beautiful Theory died today of factual inconsistency

An airship like a Stockbauer and Zeplin??????

Re: Oh dear

<_3OGM.498460$tTKa.354252@fx10.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24339&group=uk.rec.sheds#24339

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 21:09:30 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 20:09 UTC

On 27-Aug-23 2:52, Tone wrote:
> On 27/08/2023 02:28, Sam Plusnet wrote:

>>> When I bought my Carlight Commander 1980 classic caravan through
>>> Bangers and Cash Auctions (Derek Matthewson and Family, who I know
>>> fairly well) we towed it from Pickering to York on 40 year old tyres.
>>>
>>> We made it. But my bottle was going. In fact it towed well.
>>>
>>> It has new tyres fitted now. Tows ever betterererer.
>>>
>>> It's going back into the auction in October. I've decided that I
>>> can't really handle it any more. I've had a couple of good years out
>>> of it and improved it somewhat.
>>>
>>> It's not the towing. I love that. But the setting up, water filling,
>>> toilet emptying and basic maintenance that is now beyond my salary
>>> range*.
>>>
>>> If we go anywhere it will be in hotels from now on. I've ordered a
>>> bespoke two mobility scooter-carrying aluminium enclosed trailer.
>>> Should be fun, as long as I can still drive.
>>>
>>> *£000.00
>>
>> By the time you add up what we spend on the caravan for:
>> Insurance, Breakdown cover, secure storage, site fees, extra bits &
>> pieces of hardware[1].
>>
>> I sometimes wonder if we would spend less if we sold it, & used hotels.
>>
>> That said, we do go away for up to a month at a time, twice a year, so
>> that would add up to a fair bit if we stayed in hotels - and had to
>> 'eat out' every day.
>>
>> [1] In the last few weeks I've cnvq out for a "Sun Canopy" and a set
>> of expensive (but good) towing mirrors.  Getting on for 400 of your
>> Earth zu.
>>

> It's mainly about health with me. My brain is still about 24 and my body
> is falling apart. Brain says, this would be a great idea. Body can't cope.
>
> Actually the lack of mobility I can cope with, but it's the long covid
> lack of breath when I try to do anything in the least energetic that
> does me in.
>
> So, I have to adjust. I've booked the prospective X^4 and messen into a
> hotel for Christmas*. We'll see how that goes.
>
> *Apologies for mentioning Christmas on the newsgroup already.

The bit that bothers me the most is the bit that is the least trouble
for you.
I've been towing a caravan for around 14 years (and a trailer tent
before that) but I'm still not entirely comfortable with it, and whilst
I _can_ reverse the thing, I can't manage it in tight spaces.
Give me an open field, and I can get to "That's good enough, we'll stop
here."

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Oh dear

<2VeStXA2296kFAdz@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24343&group=uk.rec.sheds#24343

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 00:35:18 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 23:35 UTC

In article <ucea9k$101i1$1@dont-email.me>, Tone <tone@email.com> on
Sun, 27 Aug 2023 at 02:52:51 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote

>It's mainly about health with me. My brain is still about 24 and my body
>is falling apart. Brain says, this would be a great idea. Body can't cope.
>
>Actually the lack of mobility I can cope with, but it's the long covid
>lack of breath when I try to do anything in the least energetic that
>does me in.
>
>So, I have to adjust. I've booked the prospective X^4 and messen into a
>hotel for Christmas*. We'll see how that goes.
>
>*Apologies for mentioning Christmas on the newsgroup already.
>
>Tone

Many years ago, while on a PASCAL course in Cirencester, staying in very
nice hotel (the name escapes me), I noticed that they 'did' Christmas.

Instead of my going up to my mother's for Christmas I persuaded her to
join me at the Hotel in Cirencester. We both had a lovely Christmas.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Oh dear

<uch0od$1h7pe$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24351&group=uk.rec.sheds#24351

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 03:28:28 +0100
 by: Tone - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 02:28 UTC

On 27/08/2023 21:09, Sam Plusnet wrote:

> The bit that bothers me the most is the bit that is the least trouble
> for you.
> I've been towing a caravan for around 14 years (and a trailer tent
> before that) but I'm still not entirely comfortable with it, and whilst
> I _can_ reverse the thing, I can't manage it in tight spaces.
> Give me an open field, and I can get to "That's good enough, we'll stop
> here."

Everyone to their own of course, but I have always loved that bit. I
spent most of my jbexing life on low loader work with high, wide and
heavy loads. Backing up was always great fun.

I still reverse in my mirrors, anywhere, but I acknowledge it is a
skilled learnt art.

Tone

Re: Oh dear

<20230828094204.a6b7cd0b6ec89b3cc1328f5b@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24355&group=uk.rec.sheds#24355

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 09:42:04 +0100
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 08:42 UTC

On Mon, 28 Aug 2023 00:35:18 +0100
"Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:

> In article <ucea9k$101i1$1@dont-email.me>, Tone <tone@email.com> on
> Sun, 27 Aug 2023 at 02:52:51 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
> >
> >It's mainly about health with me. My brain is still about 24 and my body
> >is falling apart. Brain says, this would be a great idea. Body can't cope.
> >
> >Actually the lack of mobility I can cope with, but it's the long covid
> >lack of breath when I try to do anything in the least energetic that
> >does me in.
> >
> >So, I have to adjust. I've booked the prospective X^4 and messen into a
> >hotel for Christmas*. We'll see how that goes.
> >
> >*Apologies for mentioning Christmas on the newsgroup already.
> >
> >Tone
> >

> Many years ago, while on a PASCAL course in Cirencester, staying in very
> nice hotel (the name escapes me), I noticed that they 'did' Christmas.
>
> Instead of my going up to my mother's for Christmas I persuaded her to
> join me at the Hotel in Cirencester. We both had a lovely Christmas.

The main places folk attending Q&A's 'castle' were The Bear Hotel and the
Corinium Court; AFAIR.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.