24 Apr, 2024: Testing a new version of the Overboard here. If you have an issue post about it to rocksolid.nodes.help (I know. Everyone on Usenet has issues)

aus+uk / aus.computers / Windows 10 MTP issue

SubjectAuthor
* Windows 10 MTP issueYosemite Sam
+* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueYosemite Sam
|`* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueClocky
| `- Re: Windows 10 MTP issueYosemite Sam
+* Re: Windows 10 MTP issuekeithr0
|+* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueGrumpy Tech
||`* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueYosemite Sam
|| `* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueGrumpy Tech
||  `* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueYosemite Sam
||   `- Re: Windows 10 MTP issueYosemite Sam
|`* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueYosemite Sam
| `* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueClocky
|  `* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueYosemite Sam
|   `* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueClocky
|    `* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueYosemite Sam
|     `* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueGrumpy Tech
|      `* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueYosemite Sam
|       `* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueGrumpy Tech
|        +- Re: Windows 10 MTP issueYosemite Sam
|        `- Re: Windows 10 MTP issueGrumpy Tech
+* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueMax
|`* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueGrumpy Tech
| `* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueMax
|  `- Re: Windows 10 MTP issueGrumpy Tech
+* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueYosemite Sam
|`* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueYosemite Sam
| `* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueF Murtz
|  `- Re: Windows 10 MTP issueYosemite Sam
+* Re: Windows 10 MTP issueLinarse Torvalds
|`- Re: Windows 10 MTP issueYosemite Sam
`* Re: Windows 10 MTP issuejonz@nowhere.
 `- Re: Windows 10 MTP issueYosemite Sam

Pages:12
Windows 10 MTP issue

<j8iisfFsiaaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2444&group=aus.computers#2444

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Subject: Windows 10 MTP issue
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 13:00:11 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 02:00 UTC

My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer files.
I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver Booster
Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells me I have
the latest driver installed and there's a download called MTP porting
kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway. and of course I have
tried driver update in device manager both auto and manual methods. does
anyone know something I can check in windows that is causing the problem?

pics: auslink.info/mtp

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<j8ijrlFsmv2U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2445&group=aus.computers#2445

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Subject: Re: Windows 10 MTP issue
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 13:16:50 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 02:16 UTC

sorry, http://www.auslink.info/mtp

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just
read like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"
- Xeno on Grubby Tech

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<j8ipd0Ftm7aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2446&group=aus.computers#2446

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 13:50:52 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 03:50 UTC

On 6/03/2022 12:00 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer files.
> I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver Booster
> Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells me I have
> the latest driver installed and there's a download called MTP porting
> kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway. and of course I have
> tried driver update in device manager both auto and manual methods. does
> anyone know something I can check in windows that is causing the problem?
>
> pics: auslink.info/mtp

The message indicates that the driver that you have is not the one that
Windows wants to see.

Maybe this will help (or not)

https://nerdschalk.com/moto-g-drivers-download-adb-fastboot/

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<t01cv5$1iu6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2447&group=aus.computers#2447

From: grumpyte...@gmail.com (Grumpy Tech)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 14:23:00 +1000
 by: Grumpy Tech - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 04:23 UTC

On 6/03/2022 1:50 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 12:00 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer
>> files. I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver
>> Booster Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells me
>> I have the latest driver installed and there's a download called MTP
>> porting kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway. and of
>> course I have tried driver update in device manager both auto and
>> manual methods. does anyone know something I can check in windows that
>> is causing the problem?
>>
>> pics: auslink.info/mtp
>>

> The message indicates that the driver that you have is not the one that
> Windows wants to see.

Probably caused by the malware he has installed to "update" his drivers.

> Maybe this will help (or not)
>
> https://nerdschalk.com/moto-g-drivers-download-adb-fastboot/

Initial step would be to see if there is a previous driver in device
manager.

He states it works on another machine so check the driver on that and
compare.

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<t01elj$1i2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2448&group=aus.computers#2448

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 15:52:03 +1100
 by: Max - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 04:52 UTC

On 6/03/2022 1:00 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer files.
> I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver Booster
> Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells me I have
> the latest driver installed and there's a download called MTP porting
> kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway. and of course I have
> tried driver update in device manager both auto and manual methods. does
> anyone know something I can check in windows that is causing the problem?
>
> pics: auslink.info/mtp

All the tech companies are expecting people to use cloud storage to
store and transfer files these days.

Win 11 doesn't even have a backup to drive function anymore.

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<t01i24$vdr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2449&group=aus.computers#2449

From: grumpyte...@gmail.com (Grumpy Tech)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 15:49:55 +1000
 by: Grumpy Tech - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 05:49 UTC

On 6/03/2022 2:52 pm, Max wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 1:00 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer
>> files. I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver
>> Booster Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells me
>> I have the latest driver installed and there's a download called MTP
>> porting kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway. and of
>> course I have tried driver update in device manager both auto and
>> manual methods. does anyone know something I can check in windows that
>> is causing the problem?
>>
>> pics: auslink.info/mtp
>>

> All the tech companies are expecting people to use cloud storage to
> store and transfer files these days.
>
> Win 11 doesn't even have a backup to drive function anymore.

It still has file history in Control Panel. You can choose a local,
external, or network drive to backup to.

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<t01kt0$ln0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2450&group=aus.computers#2450

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 14:38:13 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 06:38 UTC

On 6/03/2022 10:16 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 1:00 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer
>> files. I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver
>> Booster Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells me
>> I have the latest driver installed and there's a download called MTP
>> porting kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway. and of
>> course I have tried driver update in device manager both auto and
>> manual methods. does anyone know something I can check in windows that
>> is causing the problem?
>>
>> pics: auslink.info/mtp
>>

> sorry, http://www.auslink.info/mtp

My usual goto is to remove the drivers and reboot. Also try another port.

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<j8j3dlFthpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2451&group=aus.computers#2451

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 17:41:57 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 06:41 UTC

On 6/03/2022 2:38 pm, Petzl wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2022 13:00:11 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
> wrote:
>
>> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer files.
>> I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver Booster
>> Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells me I have
>> the latest driver installed and there's a download called MTP porting
>> kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway. and of course I have
>> tried driver update in device manager both auto and manual methods. does
>> anyone know something I can check in windows that is causing the problem?
>>
>> pics: auslink.info/mtp
> You have to set-up your mobile side as well even for USB file transfer
> In Mobile settings under
> USB Preferences

yes I know

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just
read like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"
- Xeno on Grubby Tech

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<j8j5uiF1ck6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2452&group=aus.computers#2452

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 18:25:04 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 07:25 UTC

On 6/03/2022 2:50 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 12:00 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer
>> files. I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver
>> Booster Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells
>> me I have the latest driver installed and there's a download called
>> MTP porting kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway. and of
>> course I have tried driver update in device manager both auto and
>> manual methods. does anyone know something I can check in windows
>> that is causing the problem?
>>
>> pics: auslink.info/mtp
>>

> The message indicates that the driver that you have is not the one
> that Windows wants to see.
>
> Maybe this will help (or not)
>
> https://nerdschalk.com/moto-g-drivers-download-adb-fastboot/

current link ..
https://motorola-device-manager.software.informer.com/download/

tried it but didn't help. I don't think the problem is the driver, but
rather that windoze can't install a driver. the device manager entry
reports that there's no diver installed! did  you check the error
message I get?

http://www.auslink.info/mtp

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just
read like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"
- Xeno on Grubby Tech

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<j8j616F1ck6U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2453&group=aus.computers#2453

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 18:26:29 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 07:26 UTC

On 6/03/2022 3:23 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 1:50 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 6/03/2022 12:00 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer
>>> files. I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail.
>>> Driver Booster Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php]
>>> tells me I have the latest driver installed and there's a download
>>> called MTP porting kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it
>>> anyway. and of course I have tried driver update in device manager
>>> both auto and manual methods. does anyone know something I can check
>>> in windows that is causing the problem?
>>>
>>> pics: auslink.info/mtp
>>>

>> The message indicates that the driver that you have is not the one
>> that Windows wants to see.
>
> Probably caused by the malware he has installed to "update" his drivers.

no

>> Maybe this will help (or not)
>>
>> https://nerdschalk.com/moto-g-drivers-download-adb-fastboot/
>
> Initial step would be to see if there is a previous driver in device
> manager.

there is none

> He states it works on another machine so check the driver on that and
> compare.

I'll check what driver is there and copy it

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just
read like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"
- Xeno on Grubby Tech

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<j8j64fF1ck6U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2454&group=aus.computers#2454

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 18:28:15 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 07:28 UTC

On 6/03/2022 5:38 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 10:16 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> On 6/03/2022 1:00 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer
>>> files. I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail.
>>> Driver Booster Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php]
>>> tells me I have the latest driver installed and there's a download
>>> called MTP porting kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it
>>> anyway. and of course I have tried driver update in device manager
>>> both auto and manual methods. does anyone know something I can check
>>> in windows that is causing the problem?
>>>
>>> pics: auslink.info/mtp
>>>

>> sorry, http://www.auslink.info/mtp
>>

> My usual goto is to remove the drivers and reboot. Also try another port.

yep i'd tried removing the phone in device manager and rebooting and
using other ports

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just
read like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"
- Xeno on Grubby Tech

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<t01odm$o8m$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2455&group=aus.computers#2455

From: grumpyte...@gmail.com (Grumpy Tech)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 17:38:28 +1000
 by: Grumpy Tech - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 07:38 UTC

On 6/03/2022 5:26 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 3:23 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:

>>> The message indicates that the driver that you have is not the one
>>> that Windows wants to see.
>>
>> Probably caused by the malware he has installed to "update" his drivers.
>

> no

I'd say yes more than likely. Probably installed a generic usb driver
and now will not load. IOBIT is NOT good for your machine.

>>> Maybe this will help (or not)
>>>
>>> https://nerdschalk.com/moto-g-drivers-download-adb-fastboot/
>>
>> Initial step would be to see if there is a previous driver in device
>> manager.
>

> there is none
>

>> He states it works on another machine so check the driver on that and
>> compare.
>>

> I'll check what driver is there and copy it

That may or may not work depending on it's dependencies.

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<j8j7t8F1n0bU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2456&group=aus.computers#2456

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 18:58:30 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 07:58 UTC

On 6/03/2022 6:38 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 5:26 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> Probably caused by the malware he has installed to "update" his
>>> drivers.
>>

>> no
>>

> I'd say yes more than likely. Probably installed a generic usb driver
> and now will not load.

no, the problem existed before I used it.

>  IOBIT is NOT good for your machine.

why? it has always been good in keeping the drivers up to date

>>> Initial step would be to see if there is a previous driver in device
>>> manager.
>>

>> there is none
>>

>>> He states it works on another machine so check the driver on that
>>> and compare.
>>>

>> I'll check what driver is there and copy it
>>

> That may or may not work depending on it's dependencies.

here is device manager from the backup PC.
http://auslink.info/mtp/backup_devman.png

you'll notice that the phone comes up under the "portable devices"
heading, a classification that does not appear on the main machine!?
does this give you any clues?

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<t01th6$efs$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2457&group=aus.computers#2457

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 17:05:41 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 09:05 UTC

On 6/03/2022 3:25 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 2:50 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 6/03/2022 12:00 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer
>>> files. I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver
>>> Booster Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells
>>> me I have the latest driver installed and there's a download called
>>> MTP porting kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway. and of
>>> course I have tried driver update in device manager both auto and
>>> manual methods. does anyone know something I can check in windows
>>> that is causing the problem?
>>>
>>> pics: auslink.info/mtp
>>>

>> The message indicates that the driver that you have is not the one
>> that Windows wants to see.
>>
>> Maybe this will help (or not)
>>
>> https://nerdschalk.com/moto-g-drivers-download-adb-fastboot/
>

> current link ..
> https://motorola-device-manager.software.informer.com/download/
>
> tried it but didn't help. I don't think the problem is the driver, but
> rather that windoze can't install a driver. the device manager entry
> reports that there's no diver installed! did  you check the error
> message I get?
>
> http://www.auslink.info/mtp

Do you have a restore point you can go back to before it all went tits up?

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<j8jcjpF2hbqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2458&group=aus.computers#2458

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 20:18:49 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 09:18 UTC

On 6/03/2022 8:05 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 3:25 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> The message indicates that the driver that you have is not the one
>>> that Windows wants to see.
>>>
>>> Maybe this will help (or not)
>>>
>>> https://nerdschalk.com/moto-g-drivers-download-adb-fastboot/
>>

>> current link ..
>> https://motorola-device-manager.software.informer.com/download/
>>
>> tried it but didn't help. I don't think the problem is the driver,
>> but rather that windoze can't install a driver. the device manager
>> entry reports that there's no diver installed! did  you check the
>> error message I get?
>>
>> http://www.auslink.info/mtp
>>

> Do you have a restore point you can go back to before it all went tits
> up?

yeah probably, but I think the issue is just that there's a file missing
from the PC, as the messages keep telling me. It would be a simple fix
if I can just restore the necessary file(s)

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<j8jcobF2hbqU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2459&group=aus.computers#2459

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 20:21:14 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 09:21 UTC

On 6/03/2022 6:58 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 6:38 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:

>>> no
>>>

>> I'd say yes more than likely. Probably installed a generic usb driver
>> and now will not load.
>

> no, the problem existed before I used it.
>

>>  IOBIT is NOT good for your machine.
>

> why? it has always been good in keeping the drivers up to date

>>> there is none

>>> I'll check what driver is there and copy it
>>>

>> That may or may not work depending on it's dependencies.
>

> here is device manager from the backup PC.
> http://auslink.info/mtp/backup_devman.png
>
> you'll notice that the phone comes up under the "portable devices"
> heading, a classification that does not appear on the main machine!?
> does this give you any clues?

here's how to install portable devices in Device Manager, but I still
get an error message 'can't find the specified file' when I follow the
procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSVID3c6Ono

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<j8jfsbF35lhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2460&group=aus.computers#2460

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 21:14:33 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 10:14 UTC

On 6/03/2022 8:26 pm, Petzl wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2022 17:41:57 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 6/03/2022 2:38 pm, Petzl wrote:

>>> You have to set-up your mobile side as well even for USB file transfer
>>> In Mobile settings under
>>> USB Preferences
>> yes I know
>>
> Then go to Control Panel, while mobile connected
> "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers"
> Look at properties

I went there and ran the troubleshooter and rebooted, but it didn't fix
the problem. :(

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just
read like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"
- Xeno on Grubby Tech

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<t03nr2$tfl$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2461&group=aus.computers#2461

From: lin...@linucks.org (Linarse Torvalds)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 09:40:50 +0800
 by: Linarse Torvalds - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 01:40 UTC

Yosemite Sam wrote:

> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer files.
> I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver Booster
> Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells me I have
> the latest driver installed and there's a download called MTP porting
> kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway. and of course I have
> tried driver update in device manager both auto and manual methods. does
> anyone know something I can check in windows that is causing the problem?
>
> pics: auslink.info/mtp

try KDE Connect. It was a linux program, but so good it got ported to
Windoze and Mac

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<t03plb$4tj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2462&group=aus.computers#2462

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:11:56 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 02:11 UTC

On 6/03/2022 5:18 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 8:05 pm, Clocky wrote:

>>> current link ..
>>> https://motorola-device-manager.software.informer.com/download/
>>>
>>> tried it but didn't help. I don't think the problem is the driver,
>>> but rather that windoze can't install a driver. the device manager
>>> entry reports that there's no diver installed! did  you check the
>>> error message I get?
>>>
>>> http://www.auslink.info/mtp
>>>

>> Do you have a restore point you can go back to before it all went tits
>> up?
>>

> yeah probably, but I think the issue is just that there's a file missing
> from the PC, as the messages keep telling me. It would be a simple fix
> if I can just restore the necessary file(s)

It could be a lot of things including a registry error. Using a restore
point might be easier.

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<j8mftuFkrskU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2463&group=aus.computers#2463

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 00:33:51 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 13:33 UTC

On 7/03/2022 12:40 pm, Linarse Torvalds wrote:
> Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer
>> files. I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver
>> Booster Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells
>> me I have the latest driver installed and there's a download called
>> MTP porting kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway. and of
>> course I have tried driver update in device manager both auto and
>> manual methods. does anyone know something I can check in windows
>> that is causing the problem?
>>
>> pics: auslink.info/mtp
>>

> try KDE Connect. It was a linux program, but so good it got ported to
> Windoze and Mac

thanks. I've started using Airdroid. I've given up trying to find a
solution for a USB connection.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<j8mg43Fkt7pU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2464&group=aus.computers#2464

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 00:37:07 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 13:37 UTC

On 7/03/2022 1:11 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 5:18 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> Do you have a restore point you can go back to before it all went
>>> tits up?
>>>

>> yeah probably, but I think the issue is just that there's a file
>> missing from the PC, as the messages keep telling me. It would be a
>> simple fix if I can just restore the necessary file(s)
>>

> It could be a lot of things including a registry error. Using a
> restore point might be easier.

not a registry error, according to my registry cleaning software. I
don't trust restore point, since the last time I used it it fucked the PC.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just
read like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"
- Xeno on Grubby Tech

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<t052au$19gd$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2465&group=aus.computers#2465

From: grumpyte...@gmail.com (Grumpy Tech)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 23:46:05 +1000
 by: Grumpy Tech - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 13:46 UTC

On 7/03/2022 11:37 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 7/03/2022 1:11 pm, Clocky wrote:

>>> yeah probably, but I think the issue is just that there's a file
>>> missing from the PC, as the messages keep telling me. It would be a
>>> simple fix if I can just restore the necessary file(s)
>>>

>> It could be a lot of things including a registry error. Using a
>> restore point might be easier.
>>

> not a registry error, according to my registry cleaning software. I
> don't trust restore point, since the last time I used it it fucked the PC.

Oh my...

Not only are you using a program that is known to install incorrect
drivers, you're using a registry cleaner to completely stuff up your system.

You are a computer tech's nightmare.

No bloody wonder nothing is working for you.

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<j8mhbdFl4f9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2466&group=aus.computers#2466

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 00:58:05 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 13:58 UTC

On 8/03/2022 12:46 am, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> On 7/03/2022 11:37 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> It could be a lot of things including a registry error. Using a
>>> restore point might be easier.
>>>

>> not a registry error, according to my registry cleaning software. I
>> don't trust restore point, since the last time I used it it fucked
>> the PC.
>>
> Oh my...
>
> Not only are you using a program that is known to install incorrect
> drivers, you're using a registry cleaner to completely stuff up your
> system.
>
> You are a computer tech's nightmare.
>
> No bloody wonder nothing is working for you.

everything works fine dickhead. just this recent problem. crawl back in
yer hole. you don't know how to fix it mr. tech genius.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"
- Xeno on Grubby Tech

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<t055ft$142d$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2467&group=aus.computers#2467

From: grumpyte...@gmail.com (Grumpy Tech)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 00:39:55 +1000
 by: Grumpy Tech - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 14:39 UTC

On 7/03/2022 11:58 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 8/03/2022 12:46 am, Grumpy Tech wrote:

>>> not a registry error, according to my registry cleaning software. I
>>> don't trust restore point, since the last time I used it it fucked
>>> the PC.
>>>
>> Oh my...
>>
>> Not only are you using a program that is known to install incorrect
>> drivers, you're using a registry cleaner to completely stuff up your
>> system.
>>
>> You are a computer tech's nightmare.
>>
>> No bloody wonder nothing is working for you.
>

> everything works fine dickhead. just this recent problem. crawl back in
> yer hole. you don't know how to fix it mr. tech genius.

I could definitely fix it without an issue, but your attitude when
presented with facts absolutely sucks.

You're an idiot using those programs. They are the fastest way to screw
up your computer.

Try this...
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/ It
might resolve your issue, however read up about what it does and make
sure you follow the steps.

Re: Windows 10 MTP issue

<j8nie9FraijU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2468&group=aus.computers#2468

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 10:22:55 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 23:22 UTC

On 8/03/2022 1:39 am, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> On 7/03/2022 11:58 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> Oh my...
>>>
>>> Not only are you using a program that is known to install incorrect
>>> drivers, you're using a registry cleaner to completely stuff up your
>>> system.
>>>
>>> You are a computer tech's nightmare.
>>>
>>> No bloody wonder nothing is working for you.
>>

>> everything works fine dickhead. just this recent problem. crawl back
>> in yer hole. you don't know how to fix it mr. tech genius.
>>
> I could definitely fix it without an issue,

go ahead. make my day. I'm all ears..

> but your attitude when presented with facts absolutely sucks.
>
> You're an idiot using those programs.  They are the fastest way to
> screw up your computer.

bullshit. I've been using them for years and they keep the PC ticking
over like a well oiled machine. never had a issue with any of them ever.
they are the best of their kind IMO.

> Try this...
> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/
> It might resolve your issue, however read up about what it does and
> make sure you follow the steps.

we'll see then..