From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Government slashes funding for ‘active
travel’
Date: 11 Mar 2023 14:17:04 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 14:17 UTC

The announcement of the cuts, which come ahead of Chancellor of the
Exchequer Jeremy Hunt's Spring Budget next week, was made on Thursday in a
written statement by Secretary of State for Transport, Mark Harper.

He said that since the current funding round was agreed, "headwinds"
resulting from inflation relating to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and
continued supply chain disruption following the coronavirus pandemic "have
made it difficult to deliver on our capital programmes, and we recognise
that some schemes are going to take longer than expected."

--
Spike

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Government slashes funding for ‘active travel’