Alas, I am dying beyond my means. -- Oscar Wilde [as he sipped champagne on his deathbed]

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Council invites cyclists to special event at Harraby Cycle Track

SubjectAuthor
* Council invites cyclists to special event at Harraby Cycle Trackswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Council invites fairy-cyclists to special event at Harraby FairyJNugent
|`- Re: Council invites fairy-cyclists to special event at Harraby FairyJNugent
`- Re: Council invites cyclists to special event at Harraby Cycle Trackswldx...@gmail.com

1
Council invites cyclists to special event at Harraby Cycle Track

<209d2586-d80c-44d9-bfb6-0a2cad4f2b91n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24499&group=uk.rec.cycling#24499

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 06:53:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Council invites cyclists to special event at Harraby Cycle Track
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 14:53 UTC

ANYONE interested in cycling and who wants to know more about the Harraby Cycle Track is invited to attend an event on Monday, March 27 between 6pm and 7.30pm.

The public, drop-in event, has been organised by Carlisle City Council in partnership with Cumbria County Council, Active Cumbria, Better and Harraby Community Sports, and will be held at Harraby Community Campus, Edgehill Road, Carlisle.

Carlisle City Cllr Stephen Higgs, Portfolio Holder for Culture, Heritage and Leisure said: “Harraby Cycle Track has been in existence for several years.

"We want to know how the track can be developed and used by everyone.

"We urge local residents to get involved in the consultation and have their say.”

Cllr Cyril Weber, Chair of Cumbria County Council’s Local Committee for Carlisle, added: “The Harraby cycle track is an ideal facility to provide a traffic-free site for cyclists of all ages and abilities to ride, train and compete.

“We now need the public’s help and involvement to give us their thoughts on how we can develop the track.

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/23375078.council-invite-cyclists-special-event-harraby-cycle-track/

Re: Council invites fairy-cyclists to special event at Harraby Fairy Cycle Track

<k73mqpFc5hiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24503&group=uk.rec.cycling#24503

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Council invites fairy-cyclists to special event at Harraby Fairy
Cycle Track
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 15:59:21 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 15:59 UTC

> ANYONE interested in fairy-cycling and who wants to know more about the Harraby Fairy Cycle Track is invited to attend an event on Monday, March 27 between 6pm and 7.30pm.
>
> The public, drop-in event, has been organised by Carlisle City Council in partnership with Cumbria County Council, Active Cumbria, Better and Harraby Community Sports, and will be held at Harraby Community Campus, Edgehill Road, Carlisle.
>
> Carlisle City Cllr Stephen Higgs, Portfolio Holder for Culture, Heritage and Leisure said: “Harraby Fairy Cycle Track has been in existence for several years.
>
> "We want to know how the track can be developed and used by everyone.
>
> "We urge local residents to get involved in the consultation and have their say.”
>
> Cllr Cyril Weber, Chair of Cumbria County Council’s Local Committee for Carlisle, added: “The Harraby fairy-cycle track is an ideal facility to provide a traffic-free site for fairy-cyclists of all ages and abilities to ride, train and compete.
>
> “We now need the public’s help and involvement to give us their thoughts on how we can develop the track.
>
> https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/23375078.council-invite-cyclists-special-event-harraby-cycle-track/

Perhaps all fairy-cyclists in "Cumbria" (they mean Cumberland,
Westmorland and part of north Lancashire) should only ride on Harrowby
Fairy Cycle Track.

It would solve a lot of problems on the roads and streets and keep
pedestrians safer throughout the county.

Re: Council invites fairy-cyclists to special event at Harraby Fairy Cycle Track

<k73nk0Fc8peU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24506&group=uk.rec.cycling#24506

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Cycle Track
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 16:12:48 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 16:12 UTC

On 11/03/2023 03:59 pm, JNugent wrote:
> On 11/03/2023 02:53 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>   ANYONE interested in fairy-cycling and who wants to know more about
>> the Harraby Fairy Cycle Track is invited to attend an event on Monday,
>> March 27 between 6pm and 7.30pm.
>>
>> The public, drop-in event, has been organised by Carlisle City Council
>> in partnership with Cumbria County Council, Active Cumbria, Better and
>> Harraby Community Sports, and will be held at Harraby Community
>> Campus, Edgehill Road, Carlisle.
>>
>> Carlisle City Cllr Stephen Higgs, Portfolio Holder for Culture,
>> Heritage and Leisure said: “Harraby Fairy Cycle Track has been in
>> existence for several years.
>>
>> "We want to know how the track can be developed and used by everyone.
>>
>> "We urge local residents to get involved in the consultation and have
>> their say.”
>>
>> Cllr Cyril Weber, Chair of Cumbria County Council’s Local Committee
>> for Carlisle, added: “The Harraby fairy-cycle track is an ideal
>> facility to provide a traffic-free site for fairy-cyclists of all ages
>> and abilities to ride, train and compete.
>>
>> “We now need the public’s help and involvement to give us their
>> thoughts on how we can develop the track.
>>
>> https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/23375078.council-invite-cyclists-special-event-harraby-cycle-track/
>>

> Perhaps all fairy-cyclists in "Cumbria" (they mean Cumberland,
> Westmorland and part of north Lancashire) should only ride on Harrowby
> Fairy Cycle Track.

ERRATUM:

Or even Harraby (!!)

> It would solve a lot of problems on the roads and streets and keep
> pedestrians safer throughout the county.

Re: Council invites cyclists to special event at Harraby Cycle Track

<ca71a17e-34ab-4c28-a7c5-e64517c27aa2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24522&group=uk.rec.cycling#24522

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 09:13:12 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 17:13 UTC

QUOTE: "We want to know how the track can be developed and used by everyone..

"We urge local residents to get involved in the consultation and have their say.” ENDS

Cue a load of NIMBYS with tank traps. :--)

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Council invites cyclists to special event at Harraby Cycle Track