Your boss climbed the corporate ladder, wrong by wrong.

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / England Test squad v NZ:

SubjectAuthor
* England Test squad v NZ:Robert Henderson
`* Re: England Test squad v NZ:mike
 +* Re: England Test squad v NZ:John Hall
 |`- Re: England Test squad v NZ:Mike Holmans
 `- Re: England Test squad v NZ:Mike Holmans

1
England Test squad v NZ:

<a2c48b00-adcc-491e-b76e-ac3731ee892bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24722&group=uk.sport.cricket#24722

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 07:39:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: England Test squad v NZ:
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 15:39 UTC

England Test squad v NZ: Ben Stokes (capt), James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ben Foakes, Will Jacks, Dan Lawrence, Jack Leach, Ollie Pope, Matthew Potts, Ollie Robinson, Joe Root, Olly Stone

RH

Re: England Test squad v NZ:

<78e20e5e-7d5e-4f9c-98d7-ad7ab7ff5e4an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24723&group=uk.sport.cricket#24723

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 08:06:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: England Test squad v NZ:
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 16:06 UTC

On Friday, December 23, 2022 at 3:39:38 PM UTC, anywh...@gmail.com wrote:
> England Test squad v NZ: Ben Stokes (capt), James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ben Foakes,
> Will Jacks, Dan Lawrence, Jack Leach, Ollie Pope, Matthew Potts, Ollie Robinson, Joe Root, Olly Stone

So Wood is rested, Stone and Potts become backup if needed, Jacks continues, I would have preferred to see
more of rehan whatever the NZ pitches/conditions, but hes been sent off to play dubious T20s in UAE. He went
unsold or unbought in the IPL auction. Lawrence makes a surprise return to the squad.

Stokes Root Brook and curran were all signed up for the ipl, which runs until may 28th if they make the final,
and then we play the Irish early June b4 the Ashes start 16th June I believe. Previous regimes often curtailed
the leading players involvement in IPL, this 1 seems to encourage it. But they wont have much or any time to
get any FC practice in before the tests start.

mike

Re: England Test squad v NZ:

<HMiN7PB8ldpjFwPY@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24727&group=uk.sport.cricket#24727

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 16:38:20 +0000
 by: John Hall - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 16:38 UTC

In message <78e20e5e-7d5e-4f9c-98d7-ad7ab7ff5e4an@googlegroups.com>,
mike <dmike204@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>On Friday, December 23, 2022 at 3:39:38 PM UTC, anywh...@gmail.com wrote:
>> England Test squad v NZ: Ben Stokes (capt), James Anderson, Stuart
>>Broad, Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ben Foakes,
>> Will Jacks, Dan Lawrence, Jack Leach, Ollie Pope, Matthew Potts,
>>Ollie Robinson, Joe Root, Olly Stone
>>

>So Wood is rested, Stone and Potts become backup if needed, Jacks
>continues, I would have preferred to see
>more of rehan whatever the NZ pitches/conditions, but hes been sent off
>to play dubious T20s in UAE. He went
>unsold or unbought in the IPL auction. Lawrence makes a surprise return
>to the squad.
>
>Stokes Root Brook and curran were all signed up for the ipl, which runs
>until may 28th if they make the final,
>and then we play the Irish early June b4 the Ashes start 16th June I
>believe. Previous regimes often curtailed
>the leading players involvement in IPL, this 1 seems to encourage it.
>But they wont have much or any time to
>get any FC practice in before the tests start.

I think it's been even worse in some recent seasons. I imagine England
will view that Test against Ireland as their de facto practice match
before taking on Australia. That has its dangers, of course, as they
found out in 2019 (I think it was).
--
John Hall "Do you have cornflakes in America?"
"Well, actually, they're American."

Re: England Test squad v NZ:

<d9nbqhppulenuhjhu8660p97aialnj20b9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24728&group=uk.sport.cricket#24728

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 16:56:04 +0000
 by: Mike Holmans - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 16:56 UTC

On Fri, 23 Dec 2022 16:38:20 +0000, John Hall
<john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

>In message <78e20e5e-7d5e-4f9c-98d7-ad7ab7ff5e4an@googlegroups.com>,
>mike <dmike204@yahoo.co.uk> writes

>>But they wont have much or any time to
>>get any FC practice in before the tests start.
>
>I think it's been even worse in some recent seasons. I imagine England
>will view that Test against Ireland as their de facto practice match
>before taking on Australia. That has its dangers, of course, as they
>found out in 2019 (I think it was).

Why would this team be particularly interested in f-c practice, given
that they don't play Test cricket the way any county they turned out
for would play?

Cheers,

Mike

Re: England Test squad v NZ:

<k63cqhhjjk6n4qe21hs4192q5hvf38v8il@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24733&group=uk.sport.cricket#24733

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 20:25:57 +0000
 by: Mike Holmans - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 20:25 UTC

On Fri, 23 Dec 2022 08:06:58 -0800 (PST), mike <dmike204@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>On Friday, December 23, 2022 at 3:39:38 PM UTC, anywh...@gmail.com wrote:
>> England Test squad v NZ: Ben Stokes (capt), James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ben Foakes,
>> Will Jacks, Dan Lawrence, Jack Leach, Ollie Pope, Matthew Potts, Ollie Robinson, Joe Root, Olly Stone
>>

>So Wood is rested, Stone and Potts become backup if needed, Jacks continues, I would have preferred to see
>more of rehan whatever the NZ pitches/conditions, but hes been sent off to play dubious T20s in UAE.

Ahmed would not get a game in NZ: there's nowhere you would pick a
second spinner. So he's been told to go and play some cricket rather
than field as substitute, bowl in the nets and carry the drinks; those
jobs will be undertaken by Jacks and Lawrence, neither of whom will
play unless someone gets injured or sick.

Cheers,

Mike