From: monst...@spammedia.com (Robert)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Derailment in Eastleigh yard today (9th)
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 21:47:45 +0000
 by: Robert - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 21:47 UTC

Evening all,

Around lunchtime today I noted a partially-derailed train of hopper
wagons in Eastleigh yard, next to the island platform. Loco 66029 was
also visible and looked to be derailed, too.

There were some orange vests hanging around, scratching their heads.

The wagons were still there this evening when I passed through on my way
home. Does anyone know any more about this incident?

Cheers,
--
Rob
"I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational

Re: Derailment in Eastleigh yard today (9th)

<j91ac3FnbbkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25169&group=uk.railway#25169

From: monst...@spammedia.com (Robert)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Derailment in Eastleigh yard today (9th)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 16:06:27 +0000
 by: Robert - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 16:06 UTC

On 09/03/2022 21:47, Robert wrote:

> The wagons were still there this evening when I passed through on my way
> home. Does anyone know any more about this incident?

I've been told that this derailment occurred on Monday 7th but had not
been cleared up when I passed through on Wednesday.

Cheers,