You seek to shield those you love and you like the role of the provider.

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: Dearth of managerial talent in the English top flight

SubjectAuthor
* Dearth of managerial talent in the English top flightRobert Henderson
`* Re: Dearth of managerial talent in the English top flightRobert Henderson
 `- Re: Dearth of managerial talent in the English top flightFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer

1
Dearth of managerial talent in the English top flight

<58e8a3a3-2786-41e1-b6f4-813118d034dan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25041&group=uk.sport.cricket#25041

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 07:33:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Dearth of managerial talent in the English top flight
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 15:33 UTC

Note: All of England's major team sports are severely hindered by the massive import of foreign players, coaches and managers. That is why , for example, the England football side is horribly dependent for goals on Harry Kane . In effect English football is now foreign football played in England.
English cricket is the sport which has the longest history of infiltration by foreigners. This began in 1969 when the long established 2 year residential qualification for County Championship cricket was abolished.

Since 1969 English cricketing fortunes have varied wildly, so wildly that many foreign players have not only arrived to play in England but have, after a qualification period been recruited by the England selectors.

The whole point of national sides is that they are just that, national.

The disadvantage England suffers with so many foreigners in our top level sport is it denies opportunities to English players while allowing foreign players to become acclimatised to English conditions and general culture. something especially important in cricket. RH

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/01/09/graham-potter-frank-lampard-failing-would-english-disaster/
Graham Potter and Frank Lampard failing would be an English disaster
Dearth of managerial talent in the English top flight a concern for the national game

JASON BURT
CHIEF FOOTBALL CORRESPONDENT
9 January 2023 • 2:01pmJason Burt
Graham Potter and Frank Lampard failing would be an English disaster
Graham Potter is under increasing pressure at Chelsea following a sequence of poor results CREDIT: John Sibley/Action Images
It is a pivotal time for English managers. There is no suggestion that Graham Potter’s job is under serious threat at Chelsea but after a sixth defeat in nine games and with their fans chanting the name of his predecessor Thomas Tuchel his reputation is taking a hammering. The 47-year-old is under pressure.

For Frank Lampard at relegation-endangered Everton that pressure is even greater. He could go if Saturday’s Premier League game at home to Southampton ends in defeat. He could be sacked anyway sooner or later as Everton are considering their options which means he would join Steven Gerrard, dismissed by Aston Villa earlier this season, as being a young English manager out of work and with question marks over whether they can actually cut it.

If Potter and Lampard eventually fail it would reduce the number of English managers in the top-flight to two: Eddie Howe, who is excelling at Newcastle United, and Gary O’Neil who has only just been appointed on a permanent basis and is now finding life tough at Bournemouth.
Two out of 20 is a paltry return for a country with such a powerful football heritage, such vast resources and with little prospect of other English coaches getting jobs if someone else is replaced. There are Welshmen, in Steve Cooper at Nottingham Forest and Nathan Jones at Southampton and the Northern Irishman Brendan Rodgers at Leicester City as well as Scot David Moyes at West Ham but narrowing it down to England the pool is as shallow as it has ever been.
Sean Dyche is out-of-work and waiting, Scott Parker has bravely taken over at Club Brugge in Belgium – and has a Champions League last-16 tie against Benfica to look forward to – because he did not believe he would get a Premier League post after leaving Bournemouth. But, after that, it is delving into the Championship where, for example, Paul Heckingbottom has impressed at Sheffield United and Michael Carrick is showing early promise at Middlesbrough.

Read more at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/01/09/graham-potter-frank-lampard-failing-would-english-disaster/
RH

Re: Dearth of managerial talent in the English top flight

<59c55a42-a09c-41a7-9d38-a71a2b3aaa03n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25045&group=uk.sport.cricket#25045

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 23:50:18 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 07:50 UTC

On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 5:26:15 PM UTC, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> [...]
> > Sean Dyche is out-of-work and waiting, Scott Parker has bravely taken over at Club Brugge in Belgium – and has a Champions League last-16 tie against Benfica to look forward to – because he did not believe he would get a Premier League post after leaving Bournemouth. But, after that, it is delving into the Championship where, for example, Paul Heckingbottom has impressed at Sheffield United and Michael Carrick is showing early promise at Middlesbrough.

"Apply the restraints, nurse...,, " RH

Re: Dearth of managerial talent in the English top flight

<tpjbhg$e38$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25051&group=uk.sport.cricket#25051

From: FBInCIAn...@yahoo.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 01:35:43 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 09:35 UTC