Fill what's empty, empty what's full, scratch where it itches. -- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

aus+uk / aus.computers / New computer

SubjectAuthor
* New computerYosemite Sam
+* Re: New computerComputer Nerd Kev
|`- Re: New computerYosemite Sam
+- Re: New computerYosemite Sam
+* Re: New computerPetzl
|+* Re: New computerRod Speed
||+* Re: New computerkeithr0
|||+* Re: New computerRod Speed
|||+- Re: New computerYosemite Sam
|||`- Re: New computerPetzl
||`* Re: New computerPetzl
|| +* Re: New computerYosemite Sam
|| |`- Re: New computerPetzl
|| `* Re: New computerRod Speed
||  `* Re: New computerPetzl
||   `- Re: New computerRod Speed
|`* Re: New computerYosemite Sam
| `* Re: New computerPetzl
|  `* Re: New computerYosemite Sam
|   `* Re: New computerPetzl
|    `* Re: New computerYosemite Sam
|     `- Re: New computerPetzl
+* Re: New computerRod Speed
|`- Re: New computerYosemite Sam
+- Re: New computerEmily Tibbet
`- Why not buy one with a bit of historykeithr0

Pages:123
New computer

<jbc5pnFsg5fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2513&group=aus.computers#2513

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Subject: New computer
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:28:40 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 01:28 UTC

Thinking of building a new PC. It's many years since I made the one I'm
using now.. http://www.auslink.info/pc  so I'm looking for better
performance. (download speccy free to view if you don't already have
it..  http://www.https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy ) I'm totally out of
touch with the latest technology, so I'm wondering what ppl recommend?
should I go AMD or Intel? I will use my existing HD and anything else I
can from my current PC. I probably wont be able to use the RAM I guess,
but maybe I can use the video card, and power supply, etc.,. I'll be
working on a budget as I don't have a lot to spend on this exercise.
I've started looking and found this so far..
https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/motherboards/amd-socket-am4/73630-ga-b450m-ds3h
... but then what processor should I get, RAM, etc., ? TIA

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: New computer

<6250ee39@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2514&group=aus.computers#2514

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Subject: Re: New computer
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: 9 Apr 2022 12:23:53 +1000
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 02:23 UTC

Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com> wrote:

> Thinking of building a new PC. It's many years since I made the one I'm
> using now.. http://www.auslink.info/pc so I'm looking for better
> performance. (download speccy free to view if you don't already have
> it.. http://www.https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy ) I'm totally out of
> touch with the latest technology, so I'm wondering what ppl recommend?
> should I go AMD or Intel? I will use my existing HD and anything else I
> can from my current PC. I probably wont be able to use the RAM I guess,
> but maybe I can use the video card, and power supply, etc.,. I'll be
> working on a budget as I don't have a lot to spend on this exercise.
> I've started looking and found this so far..
> https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/motherboards/amd-socket-am4/73630-ga-b450m-ds3h
> .. but then what processor should I get, RAM, etc., ? TIA

The obvious question is "what do you plan to do with it?", and
similarly "what's your resaon for upgrading?". If you want improved
performance then obviously support for faster RAM (eg. DDR4 instead
of DDR3 for your old ASUS P8H61 motherboard) means you'll be buying
new RAM. But equally if you also want better graphics, you'll be
buying a new graphics card. If you don't care about graphics, then
why not use onboard graphics? Specs lists online (I haven't
downloaded "Speccy") suggest your old motherboard had onboard
graphics, so what prompted you to use a graphics card?

In short, you won't get a decent recommendations without some more
details about what you actually want.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: New computer

<jbc98bFt2grU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2515&group=aus.computers#2515

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 12:27:42 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 02:27 UTC

sorry, correct speccy download link .. https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: New computer

<jbc9kqFt4tqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2516&group=aus.computers#2516

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 12:34:20 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 02:34 UTC

On 9/04/2022 12:23 pm, Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
> Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com> wrote:
>> Thinking of building a new PC. It's many years since I made the one I'm
>> using now.. http://www.auslink.info/pc so I'm looking for better
>> performance. (download speccy free to view if you don't already have
>> it.. http://www.https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy ) I'm totally out of
>> touch with the latest technology, so I'm wondering what ppl recommend?
>> should I go AMD or Intel? I will use my existing HD and anything else I
>> can from my current PC. I probably wont be able to use the RAM I guess,
>> but maybe I can use the video card, and power supply, etc.,. I'll be
>> working on a budget as I don't have a lot to spend on this exercise.
>> I've started looking and found this so far..
>> https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/motherboards/amd-socket-am4/73630-ga-b450m-ds3h
>> .. but then what processor should I get, RAM, etc., ? TIA
> The obvious question is "what do you plan to do with it?", and
> similarly "what's your resaon for upgrading?". If you want improved
> performance then obviously support for faster RAM (eg. DDR4 instead
> of DDR3 for your old ASUS P8H61 motherboard) means you'll be buying
> new RAM. But equally if you also want better graphics, you'll be
> buying a new graphics card. If you don't care about graphics, then
> why not use onboard graphics? Specs lists online (I haven't
> downloaded "Speccy") suggest your old motherboard had onboard
> graphics, so what prompted you to use a graphics card?
>
> In short, you won't get a decent recommendations without some more
> details about what you actually want.

I just want a faster more powerful more modern computer!

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: New computer

<pfs15hlo9srqm2r5u1j2v8ovlhu2jjmo3j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2517&group=aus.computers#2517

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 13:03:56 +1000
 by: Petzl - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 03:03 UTC

On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:28:40 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
wrote:

>Thinking of building a new PC. It's many years since I made the one I'm
>using now.. http://www.auslink.info/pc  so I'm looking for better
>performance. (download speccy free to view if you don't already have
>it..  http://www.https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy ) I'm totally out of
>touch with the latest technology, so I'm wondering what ppl recommend?
>should I go AMD or Intel? I will use my existing HD and anything else I
>can from my current PC. I probably wont be able to use the RAM I guess,
>but maybe I can use the video card, and power supply, etc.,. I'll be
>working on a budget as I don't have a lot to spend on this exercise.
>I've started looking and found this so far..
>https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/motherboards/amd-socket-am4/73630-ga-b450m-ds3h
>.. but then what processor should I get, RAM, etc., ? TIA

Touchscreen
<https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-27-d0255xt-8aj56av-1>
https://tinyurl.com/ycfnuc2g
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0255xt
Windows 11 Home
Intel® Core™ i5-10400T (2.0 GHz up to 3.6 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, 6
cores)
8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 X 4 GB)

click reviews
--
Petzl
ALWAYS Vote oligarchies Coalition, Labor, "Greens"

Re: New computer

<op.1kcjfprbbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2522&group=aus.computers#2522

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 17:08:03 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 07:08 UTC

Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com> wrote

> Thinking of building a new PC.

Me too.

> It's many years since I made the one I'm using now..

Me too.

> http://www.auslink.info/pc so I'm looking for better performance.
> (download speccy free to view if you don't already have it..
> http://www.https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy )

That url is comprehsively fucked, it should be
www.ccleaner.com/speccy

> I'm totally out of touch with the latest technology, so I'm wondering
> what ppl recommend?

Basically one of the better i5 with much more memory.

> should I go AMD or Intel?

I still prefer Intel but there isnt a lot in it imo;

> I will use my existing HD and anything else I can from my current PC. I
> probably wont be able to use the RAM I guess, but maybe I can use the
> video card, and power supply, etc.,. I'll be working on a budget as I
> don't have a lot to spend on this exercise. I've started looking and
> found this so far..
> https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/motherboards/amd-socket-am4/73630-ga-b450m-ds3h
> .. but then what processor should I get, RAM, etc., ? TIA

Re: New computer

<op.1kcjlar5byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2523&group=aus.computers#2523

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 17:11:24 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 07:11 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com> wrote

>> Thinking of building a new PC. It's many years since I made the one I'm
>> using now.. http://www.auslink.info/pc so I'm looking for better
>> performance. (download speccy free to view if you don't already have
>> it.. http://www.https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy ) I'm totally out of
>> touch with the latest technology, so I'm wondering what ppl recommend?
>> should I go AMD or Intel? I will use my existing HD and anything else I
>> can from my current PC. I probably wont be able to use the RAM I guess,
>> but maybe I can use the video card, and power supply, etc.,. I'll be
>> working on a budget as I don't have a lot to spend on this exercise.
>> I've started looking and found this so far..
>> https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/motherboards/amd-socket-am4/73630-ga-b450m-ds3h
>> .. but then what processor should I get, RAM, etc., ? TIA
>>
> Touchscreen
> <https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-27-d0255xt-8aj56av-1>
> https://tinyurl.com/ycfnuc2g
> HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0255xt
> Windows 11 Home
> Intel® Core™ i5-10400T (2.0 GHz up to 3.6 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, 6
> cores)
> 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 X 4 GB)

Nothing like enough ram.

And he wants to build his own, reusing what he can.

> click reviews

Get stuffed.

Re: New computer

<jbdb49F4lo5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2527&group=aus.computers#2527

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 22:05:30 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 12:05 UTC

On 9/04/2022 5:11 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com> wrote
>
>>> Thinking of building a new PC. It's many years since I made the one I'm
>>> using now.. http://www.auslink.info/pc  so I'm looking for better
>>> performance. (download speccy free to view if you don't already have
>>> it..  http://www.https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy ) I'm totally out of
>>> touch with the latest technology, so I'm wondering what ppl recommend?
>>> should I go AMD or Intel? I will use my existing HD and anything else I
>>> can from my current PC. I probably wont be able to use the RAM I guess,
>>> but maybe I can use the video card, and power supply, etc.,. I'll be
>>> working on a budget as I don't have a lot to spend on this exercise.
>>> I've started looking and found this so far..
>>> https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/motherboards/amd-socket-am4/73630-ga-b450m-ds3h
>>>
>>> .. but then what processor should I get, RAM, etc., ? TIA
>>>
>> Touchscreen
>> <https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-27-d0255xt-8aj56av-1>
>>
>>       https://tinyurl.com/ycfnuc2g
>> HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0255xt
>> Windows 11 Home
>> Intel® Core™ i5-10400T (2.0 GHz up to 3.6 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, 6
>> cores)
>> 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 X 4 GB)
>
> Nothing like enough ram.

8 gigs is plenty for most people.

Re: New computer

<op.1kdc18kwbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2528&group=aus.computers#2528

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 03:47:58 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 17:47 UTC

keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com> wrote

>>> Touchscreen
>>> <https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-27-d0255xt-8aj56av-1>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/ycfnuc2g
>>> HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0255xt
>>> Windows 11 Home
>>> Intel® Core™ i5-10400T (2.0 GHz up to 3.6 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, 6
>>> cores)
>>> 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 X 4 GB)
>> Nothing like enough ram.
>
> 8 gigs is plenty for most people.

Depends on how you use it.

Re: New computer

<jbegq5FbmpkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2529&group=aus.computers#2529

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 08:49:00 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 22:49 UTC

On 9/04/2022 10:05 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 9/04/2022 5:11 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com> wrote

>>> Touchscreen
>>> <https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-27-d0255xt-8aj56av-1>
>>>
>>>       https://tinyurl.com/ycfnuc2g
>>> HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0255xt
>>> Windows 11 Home
>>> Intel® Core™ i5-10400T (2.0 GHz up to 3.6 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, 6
>>> cores)
>>> 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 X 4 GB)
>>
>> Nothing like enough ram.
>
> 8 gigs is plenty for most people.

yes

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: New computer

<jbegu2FbmpkU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2530&group=aus.computers#2530

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 08:51:04 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 22:51 UTC

On 9/04/2022 1:03 pm, Petzl wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:28:40 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thinking of building a new PC. It's many years since I made the one I'm
>> using now.. http://www.auslink.info/pc  so I'm looking for better
>> performance. (download speccy free to view if you don't already have
>> it..  http://www.https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy ) I'm totally out of
>> touch with the latest technology, so I'm wondering what ppl recommend?
>> should I go AMD or Intel? I will use my existing HD and anything else I
>> can from my current PC. I probably wont be able to use the RAM I guess,
>> but maybe I can use the video card, and power supply, etc.,. I'll be
>> working on a budget as I don't have a lot to spend on this exercise.
>> I've started looking and found this so far..
>> https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/motherboards/amd-socket-am4/73630-ga-b450m-ds3h
>> .. but then what processor should I get, RAM, etc., ? TIA
>>
> Touchscreen
> <https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-27-d0255xt-8aj56av-1>
> https://tinyurl.com/ycfnuc2g
> HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0255xt
> Windows 11 Home
> Intel® Core™ i5-10400T (2.0 GHz up to 3.6 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, 6
> cores)
> 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 X 4 GB)
>
> click reviews

thanks. but I intend to build my own

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: New computer

<jbeh7kFbp9dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2531&group=aus.computers#2531

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 08:56:09 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 22:56 UTC

I already have i5@3 Ghz. don't need more ram

>> should I go AMD or Intel?
>
> I still prefer Intel but there isnt a lot in it imo;

if Intel is cheaper I will probably go with it

>> I will use my existing HD and anything else I can from my current PC.
>> I probably wont be able to use the RAM I guess, but maybe I can use
>> the video card, and power supply, etc.,. I'll be working on a budget
>> as I don't have a lot to spend on this exercise. I've started looking
>> and found this so far..
>> https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/motherboards/amd-socket-am4/73630-ga-b450m-ds3h
>> .. but then what processor should I get, RAM, etc., ? TIA

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: New computer

<m0745hdbqh62sdkp96jloelv0tli3nuuos@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2532&group=aus.computers#2532

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 09:58:06 +1000
 by: Petzl - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 23:58 UTC

On Sat, 09 Apr 2022 17:11:24 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com> wrote
>
>>> Thinking of building a new PC. It's many years since I made the one I'm
>>> using now.. http://www.auslink.info/pc so I'm looking for better
>>> performance. (download speccy free to view if you don't already have
>>> it.. http://www.https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy ) I'm totally out of
>>> touch with the latest technology, so I'm wondering what ppl recommend?
>>> should I go AMD or Intel? I will use my existing HD and anything else I
>>> can from my current PC. I probably wont be able to use the RAM I guess,
>>> but maybe I can use the video card, and power supply, etc.,. I'll be
>>> working on a budget as I don't have a lot to spend on this exercise.
>>> I've started looking and found this so far..
>>> https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/motherboards/amd-socket-am4/73630-ga-b450m-ds3h
>>> .. but then what processor should I get, RAM, etc., ? TIA
>>>
>> Touchscreen
>> <https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-27-d0255xt-8aj56av-1>
>> https://tinyurl.com/ycfnuc2g
>> HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0255xt
>> Windows 11 Home
>> Intel® Core™ i5-10400T (2.0 GHz up to 3.6 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, 6
>> cores)
>> 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 X 4 GB)
>
>Nothing like enough ram.

You can for a higher price upgrade this is the cheapest assembly

>And he wants to build his own, reusing what he can.

Seems what he wishs to reuse is perhaps to outdated

>> click reviews
>
>Get stuffed.

Well I were advising "Yosemite Sam", the reviews were good for that
model, but not compulsory, as you suggest "Yosemite Sam" may not bbe
at all interested.
--
Petzl
Tiberius Caesar who reigned for 22 years,
and his last year was AD 37. wrote:
"The extremities of Spain, the various parts of Gaul, the regions of
Britain which have never been penetrated by Roman arms, have received
the religion of Christ."

Re: New computer

<rc745hdkjvm65mt7uopch6rfl2r5i07ouq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2533&group=aus.computers#2533

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 10:04:19 +1000
 by: Petzl - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 00:04 UTC

On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 22:05:30 +1000, keithr0 <user@account.invalid>
wrote:

>On 9/04/2022 5:11 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com> wrote

>>> Touchscreen
>>> <https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-27-d0255xt-8aj56av-1>
>>>
>>>       https://tinyurl.com/ycfnuc2g
>>> HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0255xt
>>> Windows 11 Home
>>> Intel® Core™ i5-10400T (2.0 GHz up to 3.6 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, 6
>>> cores)
>>> 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 X 4 GB)
>>
>> Nothing like enough ram.
>
>8 gigs is plenty for most people.

I believe so, have 2 touchscreen HP's one intel I7 with 8gig the other
with intel I8, 16gig and WIN10 Pro, see no difference.
Must have a good internet.
--
Petzl
The problem with socialism is that you

Re: New computer

<ro745h51c4fae21pnqrqkh19josqh30k6j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2534&group=aus.computers#2534

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 10:06:41 +1000
 by: Petzl - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 00:06 UTC

On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 03:47:58 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Nothing like enough ram.
>>
>> 8 gigs is plenty for most people.
>
>Depends on how you use it.

Times have changed don't see gigs being that important any more.
Better to upgrade the processor I believe?
--
Petzl
Tiberius Caesar who reigned for 22 years,
and his last year was AD 37. wrote:
"The extremities of Spain, the various parts of Gaul, the regions of
Britain which have never been penetrated by Roman arms, have received
the religion of Christ."

Re: New computer

<dt745hdoiv7e4okths6rrort6pd9r2f0r6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2535&group=aus.computers#2535

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 10:10:04 +1000
 by: Petzl - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 00:10 UTC

On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 08:51:04 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
wrote:

>On 9/04/2022 1:03 pm, Petzl wrote:
>> On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:28:40 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thinking of building a new PC. It's many years since I made the one I'm
>>> using now.. http://www.auslink.info/pc  so I'm looking for better
>>> performance. (download speccy free to view if you don't already have
>>> it..  http://www.https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy ) I'm totally out of
>>> touch with the latest technology, so I'm wondering what ppl recommend?
>>> should I go AMD or Intel? I will use my existing HD and anything else I
>>> can from my current PC. I probably wont be able to use the RAM I guess,
>>> but maybe I can use the video card, and power supply, etc.,. I'll be
>>> working on a budget as I don't have a lot to spend on this exercise.
>>> I've started looking and found this so far..
>>> https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/motherboards/amd-socket-am4/73630-ga-b450m-ds3h
>>> .. but then what processor should I get, RAM, etc., ? TIA
>>>
>> Touchscreen
>> <https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-27-d0255xt-8aj56av-1>
>> https://tinyurl.com/ycfnuc2g
>> HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0255xt
>> Windows 11 Home
>> Intel® Core™ i5-10400T (2.0 GHz up to 3.6 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, 6
>> cores)
>> 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 X 4 GB)
>>
>> click reviews
>

>thanks. but I intend to build my own

For $900 with 27inch touchscreen?
I have enough trouble using a mobile phone.
--
Petzl
"When you let people into your country that hate everything about you and your heritage,

Re: New computer

<jbemf7Fcn4kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2536&group=aus.computers#2536

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 10:25:32 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 00:25 UTC

On 10/04/2022 9:58 am, Petzl wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Apr 2022 17:11:24 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com> wrote
>>>>
>>> Touchscreen
>>> <https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-27-d0255xt-8aj56av-1>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/ycfnuc2g
>>> HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0255xt
>>> Windows 11 Home
>>> Intel® Core™ i5-10400T (2.0 GHz up to 3.6 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, 6
>>> cores)
>>> 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 X 4 GB)
>> Nothing like enough ram.
>>
> You can for a higher price upgrade this is the cheapest assembly
>> And he wants to build his own, reusing what he can.
>>
> Seems what he wishs to reuse is perhaps to outdated

I can use the case, PS, HD's, graphics card (maybe), DVD-burner, and the OS

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: New computer

<jbemgoFcn4kU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2537&group=aus.computers#2537

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 10:26:23 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 00:26 UTC

On 10/04/2022 10:06 am, Petzl wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 03:47:58 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> 8 gigs is plenty for most people.
>> Depends on how you use it.
>>
> Times have changed don't see gigs being that important any more.
> Better to upgrade the processor I believe?

I agree

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: New computer

<jbemo3Fcn4kU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2538&group=aus.computers#2538

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 10:30:17 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 00:30 UTC

On 10/04/2022 10:10 am, Petzl wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 08:51:04 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 9/04/2022 1:03 pm, Petzl wrote:

>>> Touchscreen
>>> <https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-27-d0255xt-8aj56av-1>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/ycfnuc2g
>>> HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0255xt
>>> Windows 11 Home
>>> Intel® Core™ i5-10400T (2.0 GHz up to 3.6 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, 6
>>> cores)
>>> 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 X 4 GB)
>>>
>>> click reviews
>>
>> thanks. but I intend to build my own
>>
> For $900 with 27inch touchscreen?
> I have enough trouble using a mobile phone.

I plan to do it much cheaper than that. probably will buy a used CPU and
RAM on ebay, if new ones cost too much. I have a good monitor. all I
need basically is MB, CPU, and RAM. i can always upgrade the video card
later if i need to.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: New computer

<li945htcfa9m5c63qnsbk2445g982hss7c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2539&group=aus.computers#2539

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 11:00:15 +1000
 by: Petzl - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 01:00 UTC

On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 10:25:32 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
wrote:

>On 10/04/2022 9:58 am, Petzl wrote:
>> On Sat, 09 Apr 2022 17:11:24 +1000, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Nothing like enough ram.
>>>
>> You can for a higher price upgrade this is the cheapest assembly
>>> And he wants to build his own, reusing what he can.
>>>
>> Seems what he wishs to reuse is perhaps to outdated
>
>I can use the case, PS, HD's, graphics card (maybe), DVD-burner, and the OS

To clean a touchscreen use 50/50 mix of cheap white vinegar and water
store in plastic bottle, use clean paper towel to wipe and another to
dry screen, computer off.

HP have a good Audio as well "Audio by Bang & Olufsen"
DVD not needed IMO USB terabyte drives are the way to go
Get a usb hub needed get a good one
not sure if this link is Australia?
<http://www.idsonix.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=67>
https://tinyurl.com/y82u88pt

>>> Get stuffed.
>>>
>> Well I were advising "Yosemite Sam", the reviews were good for that
>> model, but not compulsory, as you suggest "Yosemite Sam" may not bbe
>> at all interested.

Re: New computer

<r2b45hhght490igon2s6thmrcmrjnh9t5p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2540&group=aus.computers#2540

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 11:01:41 +1000
 by: Petzl - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 01:01 UTC

On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 10:30:17 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
wrote:

>On 10/04/2022 10:10 am, Petzl wrote:
>> On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 08:51:04 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
>> wrote:

>>> thanks. but I intend to build my own
>>>
>> For $900 with 27inch touchscreen?
>> I have enough trouble using a mobile phone.
>

>I plan to do it much cheaper than that. probably will buy a used CPU and
>RAM on ebay, if new ones cost too much. I have a good monitor. all I
>need basically is MB, CPU, and RAM. i can always upgrade the video card
>later if i need to.

All the best
--
Petzl
"When you let people into your country that hate everything about you and your heritage,
there's a good chance they will kill you."

Re: New computer

<jbep7lFd5alU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2541&group=aus.computers#2541

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 11:12:43 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 01:12 UTC

On 10/04/2022 11:01 am, Petzl wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 10:30:17 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 10/04/2022 10:10 am, Petzl wrote:

>>> For $900 with 27inch touchscreen?
>>> I have enough trouble using a mobile phone.
>>
>> I plan to do it much cheaper than that. probably will buy a used CPU and
>> RAM on ebay, if new ones cost too much. I have a good monitor. all I
>> need basically is MB, CPU, and RAM. i can always upgrade the video card
>> later if i need to.
>>
> All the best

thanks

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: New computer

<b5e45hpud6lsi7tdqu11rn98elkmdncbud@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2542&group=aus.computers#2542

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 11:56:14 +1000
 by: Petzl - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 01:56 UTC

On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 11:12:43 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
wrote:

>On 10/04/2022 11:01 am, Petzl wrote:
>> On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 10:30:17 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I plan to do it much cheaper than that. probably will buy a used CPU and
>>> RAM on ebay, if new ones cost too much. I have a good monitor. all I
>>> need basically is MB, CPU, and RAM. i can always upgrade the video card
>>> later if i need to.
>>>
>> All the best
>
>thanks

Your existing computer sellable?
Maybe get enough to buy a real good moden computer,cheaper than buying
parts?
Just a suggestion.
--
Petzl
"When you let people into your country that hate everything about you and your heritage,
there's a good chance they will kill you."

Re: New computer

<op.1kd0rfznbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2543&group=aus.computers#2543

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 12:19:53 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 02:19 UTC

On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 09:58:06 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 09 Apr 2022 17:11:24 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com> wrote

>>> Touchscreen
>>> <https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-27-d0255xt-8aj56av-1>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/ycfnuc2g
>>> HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0255xt
>>> Windows 11 Home
>>> Intel® Core™ i5-10400T (2.0 GHz up to 3.6 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, 6
>>> cores)
>>> 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 X 4 GB)
>>
>> Nothing like enough ram.
>>
> You can for a higher price upgrade this is the cheapest assembly
>>
>> And he wants to build his own, reusing what he can.
>>
> Seems what he wishs to reuse is perhaps to outdated

Nope, the hard drive, power supply, video card and case will be fine.

>>> click reviews
>>
>> Get stuffed.
>>
> Well I were advising "Yosemite Sam", the reviews were good for that
> model, but not compulsory, as you suggest "Yosemite Sam" may not bbe
> at all interested.

That was a joke, Joyce.

Re: New computer

<op.1kd0wuwrbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2544&group=aus.computers#2544

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 12:23:08 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 02:23 UTC

On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 10:06:41 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 03:47:58 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> 8 gigs is plenty for most people.
>>
>> Depends on how you use it.
>>
> Times have changed

Yep, 64 big OSs can use the extra ram fine.

> don't see gigs being that important any more.

That's bullshit depending on what you do with the PC.

> Better to upgrade the processor I believe?

Better to do both depending on how you use it, but he doesnt say how he
does.