Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 05:30:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cyclist dies after being hit by car in Rusholme - DRIVER ARRESTED
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 12:30 UTC

A cyclist has died after being hit by a car in south Manchester.

Police have arrested a man, aged 53, on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and failing to stop at the scene following the fatal collision on Kippax Street, in Rusholme.

He remains in custody for questioning today.

Officers were called to the scene just after 5pm on Saturday (August 28) following reports that a cyclist had been hit by a car.

Emergency crews attended and found that a 48-year-old man had been seriously injured.

He was rushed to hospital, but sadly died a short time later.

A short time later, police located a car they believe to have been involved in the collision in Openshaw.

Police Constable Darren White, of Greater Manchester Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit, appealed for those with information to come forward.

“Firstly, our deepest sympathies and thoughts are with this man's family at this difficult time,” he said.

“While we have made an arrest in relation to this incident, our investigation is in its early stages.

“I'd like to take this opportunity to ask anyone who may have any information or dash cam footage, to please get in touch with police, as every little bit can help.

“You can do so via LiveChat on our website, www.gmp.police.uk or call 0161 856 4741 quoting log number 2425 of 28/08/21.

“Alternatively, you can call the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111. Thank you.”

A GMP spokesperson said: "Police were called to Kippax Street just after 5pm yesterday (Saturday 28 August) to reports that a cyclist had been hit by a car.

"Emergency services attended, and found a 48-year-old man had been seriously injured. He was taken to hospital, but despite the best efforts of medical staff, he died a short time later.

"Officers located a car they believe to have been involved a short time later in Openshaw.

"A 53-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, and failing to stop at the scene. He remains in custody for questioning."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/cyclist-dies-after-being-hit-21429949

Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by car in Rusholme - DRIVER ARRESTED

<14a0159e-2259-49b2-a184-fa92122a1467n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2524&group=uk.rec.cycling#2524

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 05:53:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 12:53 UTC

On Sunday, 29 August 2021 at 13:30:52 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> A cyclist has died after being hit by a car in south Manchester.
>
> Police have arrested a man, aged 53, on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and failing to stop at the scene following the fatal collision on Kippax Street, in Rusholme.
>
> He remains in custody for questioning today.
>
> Officers were called to the scene just after 5pm on Saturday (August 28) following reports that a cyclist had been hit by a car.
>
> Emergency crews attended and found that a 48-year-old man had been seriously injured.
>
> He was rushed to hospital, but sadly died a short time later.
>
> A short time later, police located a car they believe to have been involved in the collision in Openshaw.
>
> Police Constable Darren White, of Greater Manchester Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit, appealed for those with information to come forward.
>
> “Firstly, our deepest sympathies and thoughts are with this man's family at this difficult time,” he said.
>
> “While we have made an arrest in relation to this incident, our investigation is in its early stages.
>
> “I'd like to take this opportunity to ask anyone who may have any information or dash cam footage, to please get in touch with police, as every little bit can help.
>
> “You can do so via LiveChat on our website, www.gmp.police.uk or call 0161 856 4741 quoting log number 2425 of 28/08/21.
>
> “Alternatively, you can call the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111. Thank you.”
>
> A GMP spokesperson said: "Police were called to Kippax Street just after 5pm yesterday (Saturday 28 August) to reports that a cyclist had been hit by a car.
>

> "Emergency services attended, and found a 48-year-old man had been seriously injured. He was taken to hospital, but despite the best efforts of medical staff, he died a short time later.
>
> "Officers located a car they believe to have been involved a short time later in Openshaw.
>
> "A 53-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, and failing to stop at the scene. He remains in custody for questioning."
>
> https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/cyclist-dies-after-being-hit-21429949

Nugents will tell us the driver slightly misjudged the situation and the cyclist did not pay road tax so no crime was committed.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by car in Rusholme - DRIVER ARRESTED