Egotist: A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me. -- Ambrose Bierce

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: AI will create 'useless class' of human, predicts bestselling historian

SubjectAuthor
* Re: AI will create 'useless class' of human, predicts bestselling historianRobert Henderson
`* Re: AI will create 'useless class' of human, predicts bestsellingFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
 `* Re: AI will create 'useless class' of human, predicts bestselling historianRobert Henderson
  `- Re: AI will create 'useless class' of human, predicts bestsellingFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer

1
Re: AI will create 'useless class' of human, predicts bestselling historian

<7adab373-38fa-4ec3-9657-eae7827401efn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25234&group=uk.sport.cricket#25234

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 01:05:56 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: AI will create 'useless class' of human, predicts bestselling historian
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 09:05 UTC

On Thursday, January 19, 2023 at 6:47:42 AM UTC, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> [...]
> certainly emerge, we cannot be sure, says Harari, that humans will do them
> better than AIs, computers and robots.
>
> AIs do not need more intelligence than humans to transform the job market..
> They need only enough to do the task well. And that is not far off, Harari
> says. “Children alive today will face the consequences. Most of what
> people learn in school or in college will probably be irrelevant by the
> time they are 40 or 50. If they want to continue to have a job, and to
> understand the world, and be relevant to what is happening, people will
> have to reinvent themselves again and again, and faster and faster.”
>
> Even so, jobless humans are not useless humans. In the US alone, 93
> million people do not have jobs, but they are still valued. Harari, it
> turns out, has a specific definition of useless. “I choose this very
> upsetting term, useless, to highlight the fact that we are talking about
> useless from the viewpoint of the economic and political system, not from
> a moral viewpoint,” he says. Modern political and economic structures were
> built on humans being useful to the state: most notably as workers and
> soldiers, Harari argues. With those roles taken on by machines, our
> political and economic systems will simply stop attaching much value to
> humans, he argues.
>
> None of this puts us in the realm of the gods. In fact, it leads Harari to
> even more bleak predictions. Though the people may no longer provide for
> the state, the state may still provide for them. “What might be far more
> difficult is to provide people with meaning, a reason to get up in the
> morning,” Harari says. For those who don’t cheer at the prospect of a post-
> work world, satisfaction will be a commodity to pay for: our moods and
> happiness controlled by drugs; our excitement and emotional attachments
> found not in the world outside, but in immersive VR.
>
> All of which leads to the question: what should we do? “First of all, take
> it very seriously,” Harari says. “And make it a part of the political
> agenda, not only the scientific agenda. This is something that shouldn’t
> be left to scientists and private corporations. They know a lot about the
> technical stuff, the engineering, but they don’t necessarily have the
> vision and the legitimacy to decide the future course of humankind.”
>
> The year is 2033. Elon Musk is no longer one of the richest people in the
> world, having haemorrhaged away his fortune trying to make Twitter
> profitable. Which, alas, hasn’t worked out too well: only 420 people are
> left on the platform. Everyone else was banned for not laughing at Musk’s
> increasingly desperate jokes.
>
> In other news, Pete Davidson is now dating Martha Stewart. Donald Trump is
> still threatening to run for president. And British tabloids are still
> churning out 100 articles a day about whether Meghan Markle eating lunch
> is an outrageous snub to the royal family.

"Has the subcontinental patient taken his medication, nurse...." RH

Re: AI will create 'useless class' of human, predicts bestselling historian

<tqbdho$ipa$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25238&group=uk.sport.cricket#25238

From: FBInCIAn...@yahoo.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: AI will create 'useless class' of human, predicts bestselling
historian
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 04:37:12 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 12:37 UTC

On 1/19/2023 1:05 AM, Robert Henderson wrote:
> [...]
>> be left to scientists and private corporations. They know a lot about the
>> technical stuff, the engineering, but they don’t necessarily have the
>> vision and the legitimacy to decide the future course of humankind.”
>>
>> The year is 2033. Elon Musk is no longer one of the richest people in the
>> world, having haemorrhaged away his fortune trying to make Twitter
>> profitable. Which, alas, hasn’t worked out too well: only 420 people are
>> left on the platform. Everyone else was banned for not laughing at Musk’s
>> increasingly desperate jokes.
>>
>> In other news, Pete Davidson is now dating Martha Stewart. Donald Trump is
>> still threatening to run for president. And British tabloids are still
>> churning out 100 articles a day about whether Meghan Markle eating lunch
>> is an outrageous snub to the royal family.
>
> "Has the subcontinental patient taken his medication, nurse...." RH

Your existence is a BURDEN for the beautiful planet EARTH.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: AI will create 'useless class' of human, predicts bestselling historian

<661d9396-532e-4a1a-bc85-9c2150340640n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25246&group=uk.sport.cricket#25246

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 09:34:41 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 17:34 UTC

<tqc0c2$7do$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25248&group=uk.sport.cricket#25248

From: FBInCIAn...@yahoo.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
historian
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 09:58:25 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 17:58 UTC