From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: ECB sponsors
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 17:40:51 +0000
 by: max.it - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 17:40 UTC

Cazoo, LV and Royal London have all ended their cricket sponsorship.
I think they were at the end of their term anyway but they didn't
renew.
The T20 blast is till sponsored by Vitality, maybe it because T20 is
the big ticket or else Vitality still have some time to run on their
deal.

I just think it's odd that they announce the cessation of sponsorship
without announcing who the new sponsors will be.
The CC and the one day competition could be a hard sell, but I'd
expect the 100 to be popular for business to waste their money on.

max.it

Re: ECB sponsors

<lbhtfEVMltyjFwSj@ku.gro.lloiff>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25277&group=uk.sport.cricket#25277

From: bull...@ku.gro.lioff (Adrian)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: ECB sponsors
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 18:11:24 +0000
 by: Adrian - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 18:11 UTC

In message <n3klsh9bjrambmupo4efqnpmf0i2o5ech5@4ax.com>, max. it
<max@tea.time> writes

>Cazoo, LV and Royal London have all ended their cricket sponsorship.
>I think they were at the end of their term anyway but they didn't
>renew.
>The T20 blast is till sponsored by Vitality, maybe it because T20 is
>the big ticket or else Vitality still have some time to run on their
>deal.
>
>I just think it's odd that they announce the cessation of sponsorship
>without announcing who the new sponsors will be.
>The CC and the one day competition could be a hard sell, but I'd
>expect the 100 to be popular for business to waste their money on.

Apparently Cazoo are cutting back on sponsorship deals across a range of
sports.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops

Re: ECB sponsors

<a1814215-4f68-4bdc-8b8a-9d74261bfcf1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25289&group=uk.sport.cricket#25289

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 03:10:11 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 11:10 UTC

On Friday, January 20, 2023 at 5:40:57 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
> Cazoo, LV and Royal London have all ended their cricket sponsorship.
> I think they were at the end of their term anyway but they didn't
> renew.
> The T20 blast is till sponsored by Vitality, maybe it because T20 is
> the big ticket or else Vitality still have some time to run on their
> deal.
>
> I just think it's odd that they announce the cessation of sponsorship
> without announcing who the new sponsors will be.
> The CC and the one day competition could be a hard sell, but I'd
> expect the 100 to be popular for business to waste their money on.
>
> max.it

Such monies are probably being swallowed by the rapid development of T20 in places such as the US . RH

Re: ECB sponsors

<77258af6-378e-4b20-9562-bc3b8788d95bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25311&group=uk.sport.cricket#25311

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 09:05:28 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 17:05 UTC

On Friday, January 20, 2023 at 5:40:57 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
> Cazoo, LV and Royal London have all ended their cricket sponsorship.
> I think they were at the end of their term anyway but they didn't
> renew.
> The T20 blast is till sponsored by Vitality, maybe it because T20 is
> the big ticket or else Vitality still have some time to run on their
> deal.
>
> I just think it's odd that they announce the cessation of sponsorship
> without announcing who the new sponsors will be.
> The CC and the one day competition could be a hard sell, but I'd
> expect the 100 to be popular for business to waste their money on.
>
> max.it

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2023/01/19/hundred-loses-principal-sponsor-cazoo-exit/

The Hundred loses principal sponsor after Cazoo exit
The online car retailer had held the role since December 2020 when a two-year deal was announced ahead of the tournament's inaugural edition

By
Nick Hoult,
CHIEF CRICKET CORRESPONDENT
19 January 2023 • 10:24pm
The Hundred has lost its principal sponsor Cazoo after just two years, leaving the England & Wales Cricket Board searching for three new major backers..

Cazoo, the online car retailer, has decided not to renew its deal as principal partner to the Hundred. Their decision follows LV Insurance announcing they will not be renewing their sponsorship of the County Championship when their contract expires at the end of this season. Royal London, backers of international one-day cricket and the 50 over competition, also ended their sponsorship in December.

The search for new backers is unlikely to be helped by the imminent release of a report by the Independent Commission for Equity in Cricket which is expected to reveal damning verdicts on the sport’s handling of issues of race, class and gender. It has gathered thousands of pieces of evidence since it was set up in 2021.

Read more at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2023/01/19/hundred-loses-principal-sponsor-cazoo-exit/

RH