From: charlese...@btinternet.com (Charles Ellson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: ETCS (and US PTC?) book
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 21:35:51 +0000
 by: Charles Ellson - Tue, 15 Mar 2022 21:35 UTC

On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 21:17:35 +0000, Graham Harrison
<edward.harrisom.one@btinternet.com> wrote:

>I should start by saying I am NOT looking for websites!
>
>I'd like to get a better understanding of the detail of ETCS. I've
>tried searching in various places for books on the subject but, so
>far, the only ones I have found are not in English and my German and
>Italian are not up to the job. I'm also not an engineer or electronics
>expert so a really detailed dive into the subject may be more than I
>need.
>
>I suspect that I'm looking for a history of signalling which has been
>written, or updated, in the very recent past to include ETCS. If it
>includes non UK systems and even the US equivalent(?) of ETCS,
>Positive Train Control, even better.
>
>Since I started writing I found this
>https://www.pmcmedia.com/en/all-titles/rail/419/an-introduction-to-etcs
>Which may be an abstract from this
>https://www.pmcmedia.com/en/all-titles/rail/159/etcs-for-engineers
>Same publisher produces
>https://www.pmcmedia.com/en/all-titles/rail/348/railway-signalling-and-interlocking
>
>but I can't help thinking all three are a bit above my "grade".
>
>Thoughts?

Not books but there are some Thales videos (English narrative, 'Merkan
captioning), e.g. :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZNcJ1OZI8I

The videos for PTC OTOH don't seem to be interested in going into so
much detail.