There is no statute of limitations on stupidity.

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

SubjectAuthor
* QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresNoodle
+- Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresDechucka
`* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresSylvia Else
 +* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresComputer Nerd Kev
 |`* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresJames Morrison
 | `* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresSylvia Else
 |  `* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresComputer Nerd Kev
 |   +* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresSylvia Else
 |   |`- Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresRod Speed
 |   `* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresF Murtz
 |    +- Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresSylvia Else
 |    `- Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresComputer Nerd Kev
 `* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresDechucka
  +* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresJames Morrison
  |`* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresDechucka
  | `* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresJames Morrison
  |  `* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresDechucka
  |   `- Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresJames Morrison
  `* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresSylvia Else
   `* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresDechucka
    `* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresSylvia Else
     `* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresDechucka
      `* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresJames Morrison
       `* Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centresjonz
        `- Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping CentresJames Morrison

1
QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<c9365a12-8d08-4d23-80f0-9e67a0c33ab3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2359&group=aus.legal#2359

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 00:13:21 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres
From: oznoo...@gmail.com (Noodle)
 by: Noodle - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 07:13 UTC

In NSW, QR Codes are *NOT* compulsory to use at shopping centres, etc.

If you don't have a phone, or it isn't working, or you don't want to use it, you can manually check in by Pen & Paper via a paper COVID-19 logbook.

ALL NSW Businesses must have pen & paper COVID registers available for customers use.

Don't believe the hype!:

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/check-in

No phone? No problem
If you don’t have a phone, or you’re unable to use yours for some reason, the venue can record your details on their own electronic system.

If there is no way to record your details electronically, such as if the internet is not available, the venue can still record your contact details on paper. They must transfer the details to an electronic system as soon as possible.

Venues must delete all records (electronic and paper) after 28 days if not required for contact tracing.

Business owners can find out more about their record keeping obligations.

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<ZKCdnbkwh7RKcHb9nZ2dnUU7-Y2dnZ2d@westnet.com.au>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2360&group=aus.legal#2360

Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 17:23:03 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 07:23 UTC

On 12/07/2021 5:13 pm, Noodle wrote:
> In NSW, QR Codes are *NOT* compulsory to use at shopping centres, etc.
>
> If you don't have a phone, or it isn't working, or you don't want to use it, you can manually check in by Pen & Paper via a paper COVID-19 logbook.
>
> ALL NSW Businesses must have pen & paper COVID registers available for customers use.
>
> Don't believe the hype!:

No hype that has been the case since QR codes starting being used.

snip

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<il2p82F9bkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2365&group=aus.legal#2365

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 22:01:04 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 12:01 UTC

On 12-Jul-21 5:13 pm, Noodle wrote:
> In NSW, QR Codes are *NOT* compulsory to use at shopping centres, etc.
>
> If you don't have a phone, or it isn't working, or you don't want to use it, you can manually check in by Pen & Paper via a paper COVID-19 logbook.
>
> ALL NSW Businesses must have pen & paper COVID registers available for customers use.
>
> Don't believe the hype!:
>

> https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/check-in
>
> No phone? No problem
> If you don’t have a phone, or you’re unable to use yours for some reason, the venue can record your details on their own electronic system.
>
> If there is no way to record your details electronically, such as if the internet is not available, the venue can still record your contact details on paper. They must transfer the details to an electronic system as soon as possible.
>
> Venues must delete all records (electronic and paper) after 28 days if not required for contact tracing.
>
> Business owners can find out more about their record keeping obligations.

It wouldn't surprise me if some businesses just decide that people who
won't use the QR code are too much trouble, and simply refuse to allow
them access.

Sylvia.

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<scihln$1qrd$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2374&group=aus.legal#2374

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 23:02:15 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 23:02 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote:
> On 12-Jul-21 5:13 pm, Noodle wrote:
>> In NSW, QR Codes are *NOT* compulsory to use at shopping centres, etc.
>>
>> If you don't have a phone, or it isn't working, or you don't want
>> to use it, you can manually check in by Pen & Paper via a paper
>> COVID-19 logbook.
>>
>> ALL NSW Businesses must have pen & paper COVID registers
>> available for customers use.
>
> It wouldn't surprise me if some businesses just decide that people who
> won't use the QR code are too much trouble, and simply refuse to allow
> them access.

That would leave them open to the accusation of age discrimination,
which would at least be bad PR.

I refuse to get a smart phone just for the sake of these QR codes
so have been signing in. Some places have a tablet instead of a
piece of paper and others enter it into their computer at the
check-out/desk. It has sort-of put me off the idea of going to
indoor shopping centres because I don't want to bother with
figuring out how it works there, but I don't think I'd been in
one for a long time before the virus anyway.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<sciptd$hb9$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2379&group=aus.legal#2379

From: nos...@gmail.com (James Morrison)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 11:15:18 +1000
 by: James Morrison - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 01:15 UTC

On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 23:02:15 +0000 (UTC)
not@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev) wrote:

> > It wouldn't surprise me if some businesses just decide that people
> > who won't use the QR code are too much trouble, and simply refuse
> > to allow them access.
>
> That would leave them open to the accusation of age discrimination,
> which would at least be bad PR.

Had an email that Woolworths sent to all with a Frequent Shopper Card -
if you don't have a smartphone, or don't understand the QR thing, they
have an in store tablet that the staff will use for you.

Hope not a piece of Crapple rubbish! <trolling>

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<il4973F9698U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2381&group=aus.legal#2381

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 11:39:47 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 01:39 UTC

On 13-Jul-21 11:15 am, James Morrison wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 23:02:15 +0000 (UTC)
> not@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev) wrote:
>
>>> It wouldn't surprise me if some businesses just decide that people
>>> who won't use the QR code are too much trouble, and simply refuse
>>> to allow them access.
>>
>> That would leave them open to the accusation of age discrimination,
>> which would at least be bad PR.
>
> Had an email that Woolworths sent to all with a Frequent Shopper Card -
> if you don't have a smartphone, or don't understand the QR thing, they
> have an in store tablet that the staff will use for you.
>
> Hope not a piece of Crapple rubbish! <trolling>

Might be worth carrying some print-outs with the relevant details, so
that one can just hand a copy to the staff, and get on with one's shopping.

Sylvia.

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<poKdnWftiZdItHD9nZ2dnUU7-cvNnZ2d@westnet.com.au>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2383&group=aus.legal#2383

Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 15:51:15 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 05:51 UTC

snip

> It wouldn't surprise me if some businesses just decide that people who
> won't use the QR code are too much trouble, and simply refuse to allow
> them access.

and thus break the law/regulations

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<scji40$s36$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2385&group=aus.legal#2385

From: nos...@gmail.com (James Morrison)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 18:12:26 +1000
 by: James Morrison - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 08:12 UTC

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 15:51:15 +1000
Dechucka <Dechucka1@hotmail.com> wrote:

> snip
>
> > It wouldn't surprise me if some businesses just decide that people
> > who won't use the QR code are too much trouble, and simply refuse
> > to allow them access.
>
> and thus break the law/regulations

And staff are not going to want to police this, and get slapped on the
face (or worse) by some dickhead who refuses to comply.

But what regulation/law are you referring to, Dechucka?

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<j76dne9epfni0nD9nZ2dnUU7-d-dnZ2d@westnet.com.au>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2386&group=aus.legal#2386

Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 18:31:59 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 08:31 UTC

On 13/07/2021 6:12 pm, James Morrison wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 15:51:15 +1000
> Dechucka <Dechucka1@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> snip
>>
>>> It wouldn't surprise me if some businesses just decide that people
>>> who won't use the QR code are too much trouble, and simply refuse
>>> to allow them access.
>>
>> and thus break the law/regulations
>
> And staff are not going to want to police this, and get slapped on the
> face (or worse) by some dickhead who refuses to comply.
>
> But what regulation/law are you referring to, Dechucka?

are you serious?

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<scjk5l$pok$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2387&group=aus.legal#2387

From: nos...@gmail.com (James Morrison)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 18:50:14 +1000
 by: James Morrison - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 08:50 UTC

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 18:31:59 +1000
Dechucka <Dechucka1@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 13/07/2021 6:12 pm, James Morrison wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 15:51:15 +1000
> > Dechucka <Dechucka1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> snip

> >> and thus break the law/regulations
> >
> > And staff are not going to want to police this, and get slapped on
> > the face (or worse) by some dickhead who refuses to comply.
> >
> > But what regulation/law are you referring to, Dechucka?
> >

> are you serious?

Absolutely, your post is ambiguous. What law are you talking about?
Read what you have replied to. Are you on the turps, by any chance?

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<il52i2Fdp6tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2388&group=aus.legal#2388

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 18:52:16 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 08:52 UTC

On 13-Jul-21 3:51 pm, Dechucka wrote:
> snip
>
>> It wouldn't surprise me if some businesses just decide that people who
>> won't use the QR code are too much trouble, and simply refuse to allow
>> them access.
>
> and thus break the law/regulations

Which law/regulation?

Sylvia.

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<dOWdnahnMdN_wXD9nZ2dnUU7-dPNnZ2d@westnet.com.au>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2389&group=aus.legal#2389

Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 19:29:05 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 09:29 UTC

On 13/07/2021 6:50 pm, James Morrison wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 18:31:59 +1000
> Dechucka <Dechucka1@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 13/07/2021 6:12 pm, James Morrison wrote:

>>> And staff are not going to want to police this, and get slapped on
>>> the face (or worse) by some dickhead who refuses to comply.
>>>
>>> But what regulation/law are you referring to, Dechucka?
>>>

>> are you serious?
>

> Absolutely, your post is ambiguous. What law are you talking about?
> Read what you have replied to. Are you on the turps, by any chance?

In all seriousness you don't know ROTFKMFAO

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<dOWdnatnMdMjwHD9nZ2dnUU7-dOdnZ2d@westnet.com.au>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2390&group=aus.legal#2390

Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 19:32:46 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 09:32 UTC

On 13/07/2021 6:52 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 13-Jul-21 3:51 pm, Dechucka wrote:
>> snip
>>
>>> It wouldn't surprise me if some businesses just decide that people
>>> who won't use the QR code are too much trouble, and simply refuse to
>>> allow them access.
>>
>> and thus break the law/regulations
>
> Which law/regulation?
https://legislation.nsw.gov.au/information/covid19-legislation

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<il5fb4Fg6onU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2391&group=aus.legal#2391

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 22:30:27 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 12:30 UTC

On 13-Jul-21 7:32 pm, Dechucka wrote:
> On 13/07/2021 6:52 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
>> On 13-Jul-21 3:51 pm, Dechucka wrote:
>>> snip

>>> and thus break the law/regulations
>>
>> Which law/regulation?
> https://legislation.nsw.gov.au/information/covid19-legislation

Not helpful.

Sylvia.

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<sck2cu$oa2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2392&group=aus.legal#2392

From: nos...@gmail.com (James Morrison)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 22:53:39 +1000
 by: James Morrison - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 12:53 UTC

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 19:29:05 +1000
Dechucka <Dechucka1@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 13/07/2021 6:50 pm, James Morrison wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 18:31:59 +1000
> > Dechucka <Dechucka1@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> are you serious?
> >

> > Absolutely, your post is ambiguous. What law are you talking about?
> > Read what you have replied to. Are you on the turps, by any chance?
> >

> In all seriousness you don't know ROTFKMFAO

The problem is your lack of ability to correctly compose a reply LOL!
You replied to staff refusing access. Not only I, but Sylvia, have
picked you up on this.

No cigar for you tonight, Dead Fucker!

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<NJednW2NMsBJaXD9nZ2dnUU7-UWdnZ2d@westnet.com.au>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2394&group=aus.legal#2394

Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 06:17:24 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 20:17 UTC

On 13/07/2021 10:30 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 13-Jul-21 7:32 pm, Dechucka wrote:

>>> Which law/regulation?
>> https://legislation.nsw.gov.au/information/covid19-legislation
>
> Not helpful.

Shit eh that is what you wanted

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<scl649$3js$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2395&group=aus.legal#2395

From: nos...@gmail.com (James Morrison)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 08:59:26 +1000
 by: James Morrison - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 22:59 UTC

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 06:17:24 +1000
Dechucka <Dechucka1@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 13/07/2021 10:30 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:

> >> https://legislation.nsw.gov.au/information/covid19-legislation
> >
> > Not helpful.
>
> Shit eh that is what you wanted

Nothing at all to do what you posted. English not your first language?
Even Wog Dog has better comprehension than you.

Sylvia posted <snip> "simply refuse to allow them access."

And you posted

There is NO law that says it is compulsory to allow people access to
your premises.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask a big person about how to write
correctly in future.

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<scl67r$1b6u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2397&group=aus.legal#2397

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 23:05:32 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 23:05 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote:
> On 13-Jul-21 11:15 am, James Morrison wrote:

>>> That would leave them open to the accusation of age discrimination,
>>> which would at least be bad PR.
>>
>> Had an email that Woolworths sent to all with a Frequent Shopper Card -
>> if you don't have a smartphone, or don't understand the QR thing, they
>> have an in store tablet that the staff will use for you.
>>
>> Hope not a piece of Crapple rubbish! <trolling>
>
> Might be worth carrying some print-outs with the relevant details, so
> that one can just hand a copy to the staff, and get on with one's shopping.

Maybe, though I expect you'd just waste more time explaining
yourself before being told that you have to do it yourself. I am
seriously thinking about making a stamp with my name/ph no. for the
paper forms though. I just thought a sticker might be another
option, but probably too awkward peeling the backing off. Then
again, maybe if I transfer them to a larger piece of grease paper
in advance... Yeah that might be worth a try.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<sclj4a$9r9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2399&group=aus.legal#2399

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 12:45:27 +1000
 by: jonz - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 02:45 UTC

On 7/14/2021 8:59 AM, James Morrison wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 06:17:24 +1000
> Dechucka <Dechucka1@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Not helpful.
>> Shit eh that is what you wanted
> Nothing at all to do what you posted. English not your first language?
> Even Wog Dog has better comprehension than you.
>
> Sylvia posted <snip> "simply refuse to allow them access."
> And you posted
> There is NO law that says it is compulsory to allow people access to
> your premises.
>
> Hope this helps, feel free to ask a big person about how to write
> correctly in future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 That lets you out!. (on all counts.)

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<scljvq$ech$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2400&group=aus.legal#2400

From: nos...@gmail.com (James Morrison)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 12:59:53 +1000
 by: James Morrison - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 02:59 UTC

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 12:45:27 +1000
jonz <jonz@nothere.com> wrote:

> That lets you out!. (on all counts.)

You really need to stop talking to yourself in the mirror!

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<il9r4hFbd6gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2409&group=aus.legal#2409

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 14:16:15 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 04:16 UTC

On 14-Jul-21 9:05 am, Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote:
>> On 13-Jul-21 11:15 am, James Morrison wrote:

>>> Had an email that Woolworths sent to all with a Frequent Shopper Card -
>>> if you don't have a smartphone, or don't understand the QR thing, they
>>> have an in store tablet that the staff will use for you.
>>>
>>> Hope not a piece of Crapple rubbish! <trolling>
>>
>> Might be worth carrying some print-outs with the relevant details, so
>> that one can just hand a copy to the staff, and get on with one's shopping.
>
> Maybe, though I expect you'd just waste more time explaining
> yourself before being told that you have to do it yourself. I am
> seriously thinking about making a stamp with my name/ph no. for the
> paper forms though. I just thought a sticker might be another
> option, but probably too awkward peeling the backing off. Then
> again, maybe if I transfer them to a larger piece of grease paper
> in advance... Yeah that might be worth a try.

I really don't like the wording in the health order.

<https://legislation.nsw.gov.au/file/Public%20Health%20%28COVID-19%20Gathering%20Restrictions%29%20Order%20%28No%202%29%202021_210712.pdf>

"The person must ensure the person’s contact details are registered
electronically when the person enters the premises—
(a) by using the person’s phone to register the details with Service NSW, or
(b) by having another person use a phone to register the details with
Service NSW on the person’s behalf if the person is not able to use the
person’s phone to register the details with Service NSW, or
(c) by providing the details to the occupier of the premises if—
(i) it is not possible to register the person’s details under paragraph
(a) or (b), or
(ii) it would be unsafe to use a phone on the premises because of the
nature of the premises."

In (c)(i) what is one to make of "not possible"? Should one ask everyone
there present whether they will use their phone to do this?

Sylvia.

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<il9vd0Fc6s2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2411&group=aus.legal#2411

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 15:29:00 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 05:29 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
> Computer Nerd Kev wrote
>> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote:

>>> Might be worth carrying some print-outs with the relevant details, so
>>> that one can just hand a copy to the staff, and get on with one's
>>> shopping.

>> Maybe, though I expect you'd just waste more time explaining
>> yourself before being told that you have to do it yourself. I am
>> seriously thinking about making a stamp with my name/ph no. for the paper
>> forms though. I just thought a sticker might be another option, but
>> probably too awkward peeling the backing off. Then again, maybe if I
>> transfer them to a larger piece of grease paper in advance... Yeah that
>> might be worth a try.

> I really don't like the wording in the health order.

Unlikely that they actually give a flying red fuck if you like it or not.

> <https://legislation.nsw.gov.au/file/Public%20Health%20%28COVID-19%20Gathering%20Restrictions%29%20Order%20%28No%202%29%202021_210712.pdf>

> "The person must ensure the person’s contact details are registered
> electronically when the person enters the premises—
> (a) by using the person’s phone to register the details with Service NSW,
> or
> (b) by having another person use a phone to register the details with
> Service NSW on the person’s behalf if the person is not able to use the
> person’s phone to register the details with Service NSW, or
> (c) by providing the details to the occupier of the premises if—
> (i) it is not possible to register the person’s details under paragraph
> (a) or (b), or
> (ii) it would be unsafe to use a phone on the premises because of the
> nature of the premises."

> In (c)(i) what is one to make of "not possible"?

With stuff like petrol bowers in service stations, fuckwit.

> Should one ask everyone there present whether they will use their phone to
> do this?

Pathetic.

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<xjgKI.25725$bR5.6601@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2514&group=aus.legal#2514

Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: hagg...@hotmail.com (F Murtz)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 01:40:11 +1000
 by: F Murtz - Thu, 22 Jul 2021 15:40 UTC

On 14/7/21 9:05 am, Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote:
>> On 13-Jul-21 11:15 am, James Morrison wrote:

>>> Had an email that Woolworths sent to all with a Frequent Shopper Card -
>>> if you don't have a smartphone, or don't understand the QR thing, they
>>> have an in store tablet that the staff will use for you.
>>>
>>> Hope not a piece of Crapple rubbish! <trolling>
>>
>> Might be worth carrying some print-outs with the relevant details, so
>> that one can just hand a copy to the staff, and get on with one's shopping.
>
> Maybe, though I expect you'd just waste more time explaining
> yourself before being told that you have to do it yourself. I am
> seriously thinking about making a stamp with my name/ph no. for the
> paper forms though. I just thought a sticker might be another
> option, but probably too awkward peeling the backing off. Then
> again, maybe if I transfer them to a larger piece of grease paper
> in advance... Yeah that might be worth a try.

Not much use.I have never used the phone QR thingo.all places that I
have been to have you (or they do it)fill out form or tablet
,date,time,full name.
when it first started only first name needed. but form now says full
name.so in your instance your bit of paper would just be copied.

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<ilusaiFh4ivU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2546&group=aus.legal#2546

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 13:45:20 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 03:45 UTC

On 23-Jul-21 1:40 am, F Murtz wrote:
> On 14/7/21 9:05 am, Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
>> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote:

>>> Might be worth carrying some print-outs with the relevant details, so
>>> that one can just hand a copy to the staff, and get on with one's
>>> shopping.
>>
>> Maybe, though I expect you'd just waste more time explaining
>> yourself before being told that you have to do it yourself. I am
>> seriously thinking about making a stamp with my name/ph no. for the
>> paper forms though. I just thought a sticker might be another
>> option, but probably too awkward peeling the backing off. Then
>> again, maybe if I transfer them to a larger piece of grease paper
>> in advance... Yeah that might be worth a try.
>>
> Not much use.I have never used the phone QR thingo.all places that I
> have been to have you (or they do it)fill out form or tablet
> ,date,time,full name.
> when it first started only first name needed. but form now says full
> name.so in your instance your bit of paper would just be copied.

The order defines contact details as being

"(a) the person’s name, and
(b) the person’s telephone number or email address, and
(c) the time at which the person entered the premises."

I think there's a good case for arguing that name does not mean full
name, because all that's need is a way of distinguishing the people who
might be reached at the telephone number of email address.

True, most mobile phone numbers or email addresses reach only one
person, but since the order says "name", one cannot avoid providing
anything.

Re: QR code is *NOT* compulsory in NSW at Shopping Centres

<sdfosk$1git$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2557&group=aus.legal#2557

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 01:03:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Sat, 24 Jul 2021 01:03 UTC

F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 14/7/21 9:05 am, Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
>> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote:

>>> Might be worth carrying some print-outs with the relevant details, so
>>> that one can just hand a copy to the staff, and get on with one's shopping.
>>
>> Maybe, though I expect you'd just waste more time explaining
>> yourself before being told that you have to do it yourself. I am
>> seriously thinking about making a stamp with my name/ph no. for the
>> paper forms though. I just thought a sticker might be another
>> option, but probably too awkward peeling the backing off. Then
>> again, maybe if I transfer them to a larger piece of grease paper
>> in advance... Yeah that might be worth a try.
>>
> Not much use.I have never used the phone QR thingo.all places that I
> have been to have you (or they do it)fill out form or tablet
> ,date,time,full name.
> when it first started only first name needed. but form now says full
> name.so in your instance your bit of paper would just be copied.

I'm just proposing printing out a bunch of stickers with:
[full name] | [phone number]

I'd align the "|" with the column line on the form, so should work
so long as name and phone number stay next to each other on the
form. I might finally get around to it this weekend.

I'll still have to fill in the date/time manually of course.

Some places have the workplace form which (in Vic) does say "first
name" instead of "full name". I think the "time out" column will
probably get in the way of my stickers with them. Then again from
the forms that I've seen, few people bother to put their "time out"
for a (presumably) short visit to the office anyway.

--
__ __