It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you place the blame.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / I'm a Wrapper now!

SubjectAuthor
* I'm a Wrapper now!Tone
+* I'm a Wrapper now!RustyHinge
|`* I'm a Wrapper now!Sam Plusnet
| `* I'm a Wrapper now!Nicholas D. Richards
|  `* I'm a Wrapper now!maus
|   `* I'm a Wrapper now!RustyHinge
|    `* I'm a Wrapper now!Nicholas D. Richards
|     +- I'm a Wrapper now!Jeff Gaines
|     +- I'm a Wrapper now!Kerr-Mudd, John
|     `* I'm a Wrapper now!Ahem A Rivet's Shot
|      `* I'm a Wrapper now!Nicholas D. Richards
|       +- I'm a Wrapper now!Sn!pe
|       +* I'm a Wrapper now!Sam Plusnet
|       |+* I'm a Wrapper now!Tim+
|       ||+* I'm a Wrapper now!Nicholas D. Richards
|       |||+* I'm a Wrapper now!Mike Spencer
|       ||||`- I'm a Wrapper now!chrisnd@privacy.net
|       |||`* I'm a Wrapper now!nev young
|       ||| +- I'm a Wrapper now!Nicholas D. Richards
|       ||| +- I'm a Wrapper now!Nicholas D. Richards
|       ||| `- I'm a Wrapper now!Nicholas D. Richards
|       ||`* I'm a Wrapper now!Kerr-Mudd, John
|       || `* I'm a Wrapper now!John Williamson
|       ||  +* I'm a Wrapper now!Nicholas D. Richards
|       ||  |`- I'm a Wrapper now!John Williamson
|       ||  `* I'm a Wrapper now!Kerr-Mudd, John
|       ||   +- I'm a Wrapper now!maus
|       ||   `* I'm a Wrapper now!Sam Plusnet
|       ||    `- I'm a Wrapper now!Nicholas D. Richards
|       |`- I'm a Wrapper now!chrisnd@privacy.net
|       `* I'm a Wrapper now!Mike Spencer
|        `* I'm a Wrapper now!Ahem A Rivet's Shot
|         `* I'm a Wrapper now!Kerr-Mudd, John
|          +- I'm a Wrapper now!Sn!pe
|          `- I'm a Wrapper now!Sn!pe
+- I'm a Wrapper now!James Heaton
`* I'm a Wrapper now!Brian Gaff
 `* I'm a Wrapper now!Tone
  `- I'm a Wrapper now!Kerr-Mudd, John

Pages:12
I'm a Wrapper now!

<ufesh7$31dkb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25690&group=uk.rec.sheds#25690

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: I'm a Wrapper now!
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 17:52:55 +0100
 by: Tone - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 16:52 UTC

Just back from t'horse spittle. A 'confrontation' with the surgeon who
zapped out the saphenous vein in me right undercarriage three years
ago. "Did it help?" he asked. "No. It made it worse!" "Oh. Sorry." And
that was the end of that conversation.

Amputation? "Not yet. You can either lie around all day with your leg
elevated higher than your heart, or we can try a compression wrap."

So, I now have a compression wrap. What good it'll do I have no idea.
The leg was already swollen when they put it on, so I don't see what
good it'll do.

And I'm now on District Nurse visits two/three times a week again, which
is very restrictive.That curtails using the Hymer for a while.

Damn!

Tone

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<ufetad$31mf0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25691&group=uk.rec.sheds#25691

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: I'm a Wrapper now!
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 18:06:20 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 17:06 UTC

On 02/10/2023 17:52, Tone wrote:
> Just back from t'horse spittle. A 'confrontation' with the surgeon who
> zapped out the  saphenous vein in me right undercarriage three years
> ago. "Did it help?" he asked. "No. It made it worse!" "Oh. Sorry." And
> that was the end of that conversation.
>
> Amputation? "Not yet. You can either lie around all day with your leg
> elevated higher than your heart, or we can try a compression wrap."
>
> So, I now have a compression wrap. What good it'll do I have no idea.
> The leg was already swollen when they put it on, so I don't see what
> good it'll do.
>
> And I'm now on District Nurse visits two/three times a week again, which
> is very restrictive.That curtails using the Hymer for a while.
>
> Damn!

I had such things a while back and eventually, an agony pasty. The
expansion did the trick, which in your case, won't help as you haven't
got the blood vessel to widen.

Stands to reason that if it's there, it's for a purpose, so removing it
is unlikely to be beneficial. Ask that sturgeon to put it back...

Never take the advice of fishes, not even big ones which dispense caviar.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<IcESM.59504$t4G1.51621@fx10.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25693&group=uk.rec.sheds#25693

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 19:44:55 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 18:44 UTC

On 02-Oct-23 18:06, RustyHinge wrote:
> On 02/10/2023 17:52, Tone wrote:
>> Just back from t'horse spittle. A 'confrontation' with the surgeon who
>> zapped out the  saphenous vein in me right undercarriage three years
>> ago. "Did it help?" he asked. "No. It made it worse!" "Oh. Sorry." And
>> that was the end of that conversation.
>>
>> Amputation? "Not yet. You can either lie around all day with your leg
>> elevated higher than your heart, or we can try a compression wrap."
>>
>> So, I now have a compression wrap. What good it'll do I have no idea.
>> The leg was already swollen when they put it on, so I don't see what
>> good it'll do.
>>
>> And I'm now on District Nurse visits two/three times a week again,
>> which is very restrictive.That curtails using the Hymer for a while.
>>
>> Damn!
>
> I had such things a while back and eventually, an agony pasty. The
> expansion did the trick, which in your case, won't help as you haven't
> got the blood vessel to widen.
>
> Stands to reason that if it's there, it's for a purpose, so removing it
> is unlikely to be beneficial. Ask that sturgeon to put it back...
>
> Never take the advice of fishes, not even big ones which dispense caviar.

Surgeons like cutting - it's what they do.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<uff4hm$334st$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25694&group=uk.rec.sheds#25694

From: heatonan...@gmail.com (James Heaton)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 20:09:54 +0100
 by: James Heaton - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 19:09 UTC

On 02/10/2023 17:52, Tone wrote:
> Just back from t'horse spittle. A 'confrontation' with the surgeon who
> zapped out the  saphenous vein in me right undercarriage three years
> ago. "Did it help?" he asked. "No. It made it worse!" "Oh. Sorry." And
> that was the end of that conversation.
>
> Amputation? "Not yet. You can either lie around all day with your leg
> elevated higher than your heart, or we can try a compression wrap."
>
> So, I now have a compression wrap. What good it'll do I have no idea.
> The leg was already swollen when they put it on, so I don't see what
> good it'll do.
I've been on Farrow Lite, a lovely fetching light brown wrap, for 5yrs
and expect to be so for life.

I've had both long saphenous burned after bilateral cellulitis, the hope
was the deep veins would remap to take the fluid from the removed ones.
Nope. So Farrow it is...

Last year I damaged my hip and was in so much pain I couldn't put them
on for 2-3 days, it was noticeable the legs were forming up for ulcer
breakout by the end of day 3. By contrast I've never had an ulcer with
the Farrow.

Not perfect, but does the job for me. I did try another type first, a
hard one with a German name, didn't work for me. Farrow are soft and
move with you, the downside being that they only work when you move -
but you don't have to move far at a time, a few walks a day to the loo
does it.

Good luck and keep us posted!

James

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<JKhtakA7FyGlFAuH@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25695&group=uk.rec.sheds#25695

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 21:00:59 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 20:00 UTC

In article <IcESM.59504$t4G1.51621@fx10.ams1>, Sam Plusnet
<not@home.com> on Mon, 2 Oct 2023 at 19:44:55 awoke Nicholas from his
slumbers and wrote
>On 02-Oct-23 18:06, RustyHinge wrote:
>> On 02/10/2023 17:52, Tone wrote:
>>> Just back from t'horse spittle. A 'confrontation' with the surgeon who
>>> zapped out the  saphenous vein in me right undercarriage three years
>>> ago. "Did it help?" he asked. "No. It made it worse!" "Oh. Sorry." And
>>> that was the end of that conversation.
>>>
>>> Amputation? "Not yet. You can either lie around all day with your leg
>>> elevated higher than your heart, or we can try a compression wrap."
>>>
>>> So, I now have a compression wrap. What good it'll do I have no idea.
>>> The leg was already swollen when they put it on, so I don't see what
>>> good it'll do.
>>>
>>> And I'm now on District Nurse visits two/three times a week again,
>>> which is very restrictive.That curtails using the Hymer for a while.
>>>
>>> Damn!
>>
>> I had such things a while back and eventually, an agony pasty. The
>> expansion did the trick, which in your case, won't help as you haven't
>> got the blood vessel to widen.
>>
>> Stands to reason that if it's there, it's for a purpose, so removing it
>> is unlikely to be beneficial. Ask that sturgeon to put it back...
>>
>> Never take the advice of fishes, not even big ones which dispense caviar.
>
>Surgeons like cutting - it's what they do.

In my experience the days of Sir Laurence Spratt are mostly over.

When I was a child a series of throat infections would lead to 'you do
not need tonsils' so out they come. AND while 'we' are in the area out
came the adenoids.

In my son's case, 30 years later, they only came out when he developed
sleep apnoea. The surgeon made it very clear that it was only because of
his sleep apnoea that she would consider tonsillectomy.

--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<slrnuhneh7.1i10.maus@deb2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25697&group=uk.rec.sheds#25697

From: mau...@deb2.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 3 Oct 2023 06:52:23 GMT
 by: maus - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 06:52 UTC

On 2023-10-02, Nicholas D. Richards <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:
> In article <IcESM.59504$t4G1.51621@fx10.ams1>, Sam Plusnet
><not@home.com> on Mon, 2 Oct 2023 at 19:44:55 awoke Nicholas from his
> slumbers and wrote
>>On 02-Oct-23 18:06, RustyHinge wrote:
>>> On 02/10/2023 17:52, Tone wrote:
>>
>>Surgeons like cutting - it's what they do.
>>
> In my experience the days of Sir Laurence Spratt are mostly over.
>
> When I was a child a series of throat infections would lead to 'you do
> not need tonsils' so out they come. AND while 'we' are in the area out
> came the adenoids.

> In my son's case, 30 years later, they only came out when he developed
> sleep apnoea. The surgeon made it very clear that it was only because of
> his sleep apnoea that she would consider tonsillectomy.

When I was a child, appendix removal was very popular. Hardly ever hear
of it now. Tonsils too. It seems that illnesses are subject to fashion.
I read an article one time that compared ilnesses in France and Germany,
Liver problems were common in France, obesity in Germany

--
greymausg@mail.com
Death to the Influencers, hung, drawn and Quartered is more than they deserve.

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<ufgkb0$3ffo4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25700&group=uk.rec.sheds#25700

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 09:45:19 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 08:45 UTC

On 03/10/2023 07:52, maus wrote:

> When I was a child, appendix removal was very popular. Hardly ever hear
> of it now. Tonsils too. It seems that illnesses are subject to fashion.
> I read an article one time that compared ilnesses in France and Germany,
> Liver problems were common in France, obesity in Germany

Rule of thumb: French tend to gargle, Germans like their sausages

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<ufgsn7$3h843$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25702&group=uk.rec.sheds#25702

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 12:08:21 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 11:08 UTC

So what is their issue? I think many medics hate to tell the truth, that
there is sod all they can do that has not already been tried, and hope you
will go away. I have a friend with PXE, look it up, and I get the distinct
feeling she is beating on a door when everyone is out as far as treatment is
concerned, they can only hope to ease some symptoms until something finally
breaks, but they won't say that of course....
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Tone" <tone@email.com> wrote in message
> Just back from t'horse spittle. A 'confrontation' with the surgeon who
> zapped out the saphenous vein in me right undercarriage three years ago.
> "Did it help?" he asked. "No. It made it worse!" "Oh. Sorry." And that was
> the end of that conversation.
>
> Amputation? "Not yet. You can either lie around all day with your leg
> elevated higher than your heart, or we can try a compression wrap."
>
> So, I now have a compression wrap. What good it'll do I have no idea. The
> leg was already swollen when they put it on, so I don't see what good
> it'll do.
>
> And I'm now on District Nurse visits two/three times a week again, which
> is very restrictive.That curtails using the Hymer for a while.
>
> Damn!
>
> Tone

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<mITG6IA0hAHlFACW@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25704&group=uk.rec.sheds#25704

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 13:26:28 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 12:26 UTC

In article <ufgkb0$3ffo4$1@dont-email.me>, RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@fooba
r.girolle.co.uk> on Tue, 3 Oct 2023 at 09:45:19 awoke Nicholas from his
slumbers and wrote
>On 03/10/2023 07:52, maus wrote:
>
>> When I was a child, appendix removal was very popular. Hardly ever hear
>> of it now. Tonsils too. It seems that illnesses are subject to fashion.
>> I read an article one time that compared ilnesses in France and Germany,
>> Liver problems were common in France, obesity in Germany
>
>Rule of thumb: French tend to gargle, Germans like their sausages

I am told that Trezna toilet bowls have a shelf so that they can inspect
their fuvg before they flush. I cannot vouch for that, I have only
passed through Treznal (like fuvg?).

Of course that could be a Trezna joke on a gullible Ratyvfuzna.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<xn0o7ne45ikfd5y000@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25707&group=uk.rec.sheds#25707

From: jgnew...@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 3 Oct 2023 12:49:43 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 12:49 UTC

On 03/10/2023 in message <mITG6IA0hAHlFACW@salmiron.com> Nicholas D.
Richards wrote:

>I am told that German toilet bowls have a shelf so that they can inspect
>their fuvg before they flush. I cannot vouch for that, I have only
>passed through Treznal (like fuvg?).
>
>Of course that could be a Trezna joke on a gullible Ratyvfuzna.

It is perfectly correct, seems to be an important ritual to Germans.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<ufh8jj$3jh9q$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25716&group=uk.rec.sheds#25716

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 15:31:15 +0100
 by: Tone - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 14:31 UTC

On 03/10/2023 12:08, Brian Gaff wrote:
> So what is their issue? I think many medics hate to tell the truth, that
> there is sod all they can do that has not already been tried, and hope you
> will go away. I have a friend with PXE, look it up, and I get the distinct
> feeling she is beating on a door when everyone is out as far as treatment is
> concerned, they can only hope to ease some symptoms until something finally
> breaks, but they won't say that of course....
> Brian

In the end had to cut of the wrapping around my right foot and ankle
last night. Dodgy with scissors when it was that tight, but the pain
came in intense waves, about every ten seconds, so no sleep. Had to do
something. Wrapping is still around the lower leg, but as I said, it
isn't doing anything except being an extra bandage. Even that started to
come undone from the top after just five hours, so had to stick it down
with micro paws and put a yellow line stocking over to to hold it.

Not much faith in York horse spittle, or the district nurses atm.

Tone

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<20231003170653.7b55152eda5542d2da1ac0dd@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25719&group=uk.rec.sheds#25719

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 17:06:53 +0100
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 16:06 UTC

On Tue, 3 Oct 2023 15:31:15 +0100
Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:

> On 03/10/2023 12:08, Brian Gaff wrote:
> > So what is their issue? I think many medics hate to tell the truth, that
> > there is sod all they can do that has not already been tried, and hope you
> > will go away. I have a friend with PXE, look it up, and I get the distinct
> > feeling she is beating on a door when everyone is out as far as treatment is
> > concerned, they can only hope to ease some symptoms until something finally
> > breaks, but they won't say that of course....
> > Brian
> >

> In the end had to cut of the wrapping around my right foot and ankle
> last night. Dodgy with scissors when it was that tight, but the pain
> came in intense waves, about every ten seconds, so no sleep. Had to do
> something. Wrapping is still around the lower leg, but as I said, it
> isn't doing anything except being an extra bandage. Even that started to
> come undone from the top after just five hours, so had to stick it down
> with micro paws and put a yellow line stocking over to to hold it.
>
> Not much faith in York horse spittle, or the district nurses atm.

Urgh.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<20231003170843.97ac1b72c7ec4ca7a31ebd25@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25720&group=uk.rec.sheds#25720

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 17:08:43 +0100
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 16:08 UTC

On Tue, 3 Oct 2023 13:26:28 +0100
"Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:

> In article <ufgkb0$3ffo4$1@dont-email.me>, RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@fooba
> r.girolle.co.uk> on Tue, 3 Oct 2023 at 09:45:19 awoke Nicholas from his
> slumbers and wrote
> >On 03/10/2023 07:52, maus wrote:
> >
> >> When I was a child, appendix removal was very popular. Hardly ever hear
> >> of it now. Tonsils too. It seems that illnesses are subject to fashion.
> >> I read an article one time that compared ilnesses in France and Germany,
> >> Liver problems were common in France, obesity in Germany
> >
> >Rule of thumb: French tend to gargle, Germans like their sausages
> >
> I am told that Trezna toilet bowls have a shelf so that they can inspect
> their fuvg before they flush. I cannot vouch for that, I have only
> passed through Treznal (like fuvg?).
>
> Of course that could be a Trezna joke on a gullible Ratyvfuzna.

Nope, I've seen/used one. I, too, would have pooh-poohed the notion.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<20231003171830.54827137bf6c43f5b0e751c8@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25723&group=uk.rec.sheds#25723

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 17:18:30 +0100
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 16:18 UTC

On Tue, 3 Oct 2023 13:26:28 +0100
"Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:

> I am told that Trezna toilet bowls have a shelf so that they can inspect
> their fuvg before they flush. I cannot vouch for that,

They do indeed - toilets for programmers - push, pop and lo there's
a stack.

IGMC.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<xshDTcB+jEHlFADW@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25725&group=uk.rec.sheds#25725

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 18:01:50 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 17:01 UTC

In article <20231003171830.54827137bf6c43f5b0e751c8@eircom.net>, Ahem A
Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> on Tue, 3 Oct 2023 at 17:18:30 awoke
Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>On Tue, 3 Oct 2023 13:26:28 +0100
>"Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:
>
>> I am told that Trezna toilet bowls have a shelf so that they can inspect
>> their fuvg before they flush. I cannot vouch for that,

I am amused that there is another current thread entitled "Tuppence a
bag".*

> They do indeed - toilets for programmers - push, pop and lo there's
>a stack.

Reverse Polish Notation?

LIFO

>IGMC.

*For non-native English speakers. To spend Tuppence is to go for a fuvg
and to spend a Penny is to go for a cvff. Probably from paying 1d to use
a choyvp hevany and 2d (Tuppence) to use a sit down choyvp gbvyrg.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<1qi1fe9.nmvv1f3k2ttN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25727&group=uk.rec.sheds#25727

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 18:36:55 +0100
This article may be reproduced for the purposes of propagation and
personal use only, no commercial use without express permission.
 by: Sn!pe - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 17:36 UTC

Nicholas D. Richards <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:

[...]

> *For non-native English speakers. To spend Tuppence is to go for a fuvg
> and to spend a Penny is to go for a cvff. Probably from paying 1d to use
> a choyvp hevany and 2d (Tuppence) to use a sit down choyvp gbvyrg.

In my young day it was but one penny to use the cubicle but, if skint,
an ice-lolly stick would serve as a coin instead (and you got to keep it
for next time). Standing room only was free.

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<eaZSM.59524$t4G1.35045@fx10.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25733&group=uk.rec.sheds#25733

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 19:35:54 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 18:35 UTC

On 03-Oct-23 18:01, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> In article <20231003171830.54827137bf6c43f5b0e751c8@eircom.net>, Ahem A
> Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> on Tue, 3 Oct 2023 at 17:18:30 awoke
> Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>> On Tue, 3 Oct 2023 13:26:28 +0100
>> "Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am told that Trezna toilet bowls have a shelf so that they can inspect
>>> their fuvg before they flush. I cannot vouch for that,
>
> I am amused that there is another current thread entitled "Tuppence a
> bag".*
>>
>> They do indeed - toilets for programmers - push, pop and lo there's
>> a stack.
>
> Reverse Polish Notation?
>
> LIFO
>>
>> IGMC.
>>
> *For non-native English speakers. To spend Tuppence is to go for a fuvg
> and to spend a Penny is to go for a cvff. Probably from paying 1d to use
> a choyvp hevany and 2d (Tuppence) to use a sit down choyvp gbvyrg.

You am behind the times Mate.

In St. Ives a fortnight or so back, decided to visit the 'facilities' by
the Lifeboat station.
To enter that hallowed space cost 40p - and the only way to pay that was
via contactless card (or phobile equivalent).
Same in the Ladies of course.

Questions for extra points:
How much of that 40p actually goes to the Town's coffers, and how much
is the cost of the card transaction?
Question 2: How much did it cost them to install the Tube-train-like
snapping gates, and the card reader equipment?

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<408171853.718061438.676413.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25734&group=uk.rec.sheds#25734

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 3 Oct 2023 21:32:28 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 21:32 UTC

Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:
> On 03-Oct-23 18:01, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
>> In article <20231003171830.54827137bf6c43f5b0e751c8@eircom.net>, Ahem A
>> Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> on Tue, 3 Oct 2023 at 17:18:30 awoke
>> Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote

>> I am amused that there is another current thread entitled "Tuppence a
>> bag".*
>>>
>>> They do indeed - toilets for programmers - push, pop and lo there's
>>> a stack.
>>
>> Reverse Polish Notation?
>>
>> LIFO
>>>
>>> IGMC.
>>>
>> *For non-native English speakers. To spend Tuppence is to go for a fuvg
>> and to spend a Penny is to go for a cvff. Probably from paying 1d to use
>> a choyvp hevany and 2d (Tuppence) to use a sit down choyvp gbvyrg.
>
> You am behind the times Mate.
>
> In St. Ives a fortnight or so back, decided to visit the 'facilities' by
> the Lifeboat station.
> To enter that hallowed space cost 40p - and the only way to pay that was
> via contactless card (or phobile equivalent).
> Same in the Ladies of course.
>
> Questions for extra points:
> How much of that 40p actually goes to the Town's coffers, and how much
> is the cost of the card transaction?
> Question 2: How much did it cost them to install the Tube-train-like
> snapping gates, and the card reader equipment?

If you need a fuvg or a cvff in a hurry 40p is money well spent and the
opportunity to pay contactless is a fecking godsend!

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<Whaag2BSOJHlFA2v@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25735&group=uk.rec.sheds#25735

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 23:20:02 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 22:20 UTC

In article <408171853.718061438.676413.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individ
ual.net>, Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> on Tue, 3 Oct 2023 at 21:32:28
awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:
>> On 03-Oct-23 18:01, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
>>> In article <20231003171830.54827137bf6c43f5b0e751c8@eircom.net>, Ahem A
>>> Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> on Tue, 3 Oct 2023 at 17:18:30 awoke
>>> Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote

>>> I am amused that there is another current thread entitled "Tuppence a
>>> bag".*

>>> Reverse Polish Notation?
>>>
>>> LIFO

>>> *For non-native English speakers. To spend Tuppence is to go for a fuvg
>>> and to spend a Penny is to go for a cvff. Probably from paying 1d to use
>>> a choyvp hevany and 2d (Tuppence) to use a sit down choyvp gbvyrg.
>>
>> You am behind the times Mate.
>>
>> In St. Ives a fortnight or so back, decided to visit the 'facilities' by
>> the Lifeboat station.
>> To enter that hallowed space cost 40p - and the only way to pay that was
>> via contactless card (or phobile equivalent).
>> Same in the Ladies of course.
>>
>> Questions for extra points:
>> How much of that 40p actually goes to the Town's coffers, and how much
>> is the cost of the card transaction?
>> Question 2: How much did it cost them to install the Tube-train-like
>> snapping gates, and the card reader equipment?
>>

>If you need a fuvg or a cvff in a hurry 40p is money well spent and the
>opportunity to pay contactless is a fecking godsend!

It disgusting. There should always be a coin of the realm option. I
never carry a card with me and my phobile is basic.

Why should I have to be encumbered.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<87mswz9tz3.fsf@enoch.nodomain.nowhere>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25736&group=uk.rec.sheds#25736

From: mds...@bogus.nodomain.nowhere (Mike Spencer)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 03 Oct 2023 20:17:20 -0300
Sender: mds@enoch.nodomain.nowhere
 by: Mike Spencer - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 23:17 UTC

"Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> writes:

> *For non-native English speakers. To spend Tuppence is to go for a fuvg
> and to spend a Penny is to go for a cvff. Probably from paying 1d to use
> a choyvp hevany and 2d (Tuppence) to use a sit down choyvp gbvyrg.

Didn't know that.

When I was last in Grand Central Terminal in New York, it required a
US dime -- 10 cent piece -- to get into a sit-down cubicle. [*] Some
years later, I saw a conceptual art piece entitled "New York Can
Opener" that consisted of a US dime carefully display-mounted under
glass.

(For non-leftpondians, in NYC a can is what, AIUI, is called a tin in
the UK and also slang for the loo. Conceptual art was a
much-overrated fashion/fad.)

[*] The hevany was free but of such a design -- shallow marble trench
at the foot of a marble wall -- that anyone fastidious about
footwear was likely to require a post-hevany shoe shine, available
on the other side of the room.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<87il7n9tqx.fsf@enoch.nodomain.nowhere>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25737&group=uk.rec.sheds#25737

From: mds...@bogus.nodomain.nowhere (Mike Spencer)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 03 Oct 2023 20:22:14 -0300
Sender: mds@enoch.nodomain.nowhere
References: <ufesh7$31dkb$1@dont-email.me> <ufetad$31mf0$1@dont-email.me> <IcESM.59504$t4G1.51621@fx10.ams1> <JKhtakA7FyGlFAuH@salmiron.com> <slrnuhneh7.1i10.maus@deb2.org> <ufgkb0$3ffo4$1@dont-email.me> <mITG6IA0hAHlFACW@salmiron.com> <20231003171830.54827137bf6c43f5b0e751c8@eircom.net> <xshDTcB+jEHlFADW@salmiron.com> <eaZSM.59524$t4G1.35045@fx10.ams1> <408171853.718061438.676413.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net> <Whaag2BSOJHlFA2v@salmiron.com>
 by: Mike Spencer - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 23:22 UTC

"Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> writes:

> In article <408171853.718061438.676413.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individ
> ual.net>, Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> on Tue, 3 Oct 2023 at 21:32:28
> awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>> If you need a fuvg or a cvff in a hurry 40p is money well spent and the
>> opportunity to pay contactless is a fecking godsend!
>
> It disgusting. There should always be a coin of the realm option. I
> never carry a card with me and my phobile is basic.

Just so. Same.

> Why should I have to be encumbered.

So that They will have a record of when you felt it appropriate to
digrss from your assigned tasks to take a fuvg. :-\

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<ufj68q$2aqd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25745&group=uk.rec.sheds#25745

From: newsforp...@yahoo.co.uk (nev young)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 09:03:38 +0100
 by: nev young - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 08:03 UTC

On 03/10/2023 23:20, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:

>> If you need a fuvg or a cvff in a hurry 40p is money well spent and the
>> opportunity to pay contactless is a fecking godsend!
>>
> It disgusting. There should always be a coin of the realm option. I
> never carry a card with me and my phobile is basic.
>
> Why should I have to be encumbered.
You could always leave a deposit at the gate.

--
Nev
It causes me a great deal of regret and remorse

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<20231004092907.e07079b01d3ba98d5cef9668@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25746&group=uk.rec.sheds#25746

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 09:29:07 +0100
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 08:29 UTC

On 03 Oct 2023 20:17:20 -0300
Mike Spencer <mds@bogus.nodomain.nowhere> wrote:

> hevany

Wotarot!

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/
Host: Beautiful Theory meet Inconvenient Fact
Obit: Beautiful Theory died today of factual inconsistency

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<ko4n6kFtg6eU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25748&group=uk.rec.sheds#25748

From: chri...@privacy.net (chrisnd@privacy.net)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 09:48:20 +0100
 by: chrisnd@privacy.net - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 08:48 UTC

On 03/10/2023 19:35, Sam Plusnet wrote:

> You am behind the times Mate.
>
> In St. Ives a fortnight or so back, decided to visit the 'facilities' by
> the Lifeboat station.
> To enter that hallowed space cost 40p - and the only way to pay that was
> via contactless card (or phobile equivalent).
> Same in the Ladies of course.

My eldest son once informed me that there is a little known right that
access to public conveniences must be free to all.* The 'charge' is
therefore more of a 'donation'. Hence, if you merely push hard on the
barrier, it will let you through. On the rare occasions I have tried
this it does actually work. Generally though I will find somewhere that
lets me in free...

HTH, Chris

*This may be complete obyybpxf

Re: I'm a Wrapper now!

<ko4n8lFtg6eU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25749&group=uk.rec.sheds#25749

From: chri...@privacy.net (chrisnd@privacy.net)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 09:49:25 +0100
 by: chrisnd@privacy.net - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 08:49 UTC

On 04/10/2023 00:22, Mike Spencer wrote:
> "Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> writes:
>
>> In article <408171853.718061438.676413.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individ
>> ual.net>, Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> on Tue, 3 Oct 2023 at 21:32:28
>> awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>>> If you need a fuvg or a cvff in a hurry 40p is money well spent and the
>>> opportunity to pay contactless is a fecking godsend!
>>
>> It disgusting. There should always be a coin of the realm option. I
>> never carry a card with me and my phobile is basic.
>
> Just so. Same.
>
>> Why should I have to be encumbered.
>
> So that They will have a record of when you felt it appropriate to
> digrss from your assigned tasks to take a fuvg. :-\

All such facts are marketable...

Chris