It's hard to be humble when you're perfect.

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: MCC/WCC recent words on Mankads

SubjectAuthor
* MCC/WCC recent words on Mankadsjack fredricks
`- Re: MCC/WCC recent words on MankadsFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer

1
MCC/WCC recent words on Mankads

<481665df-9543-47ca-9679-0a4a61e3a473n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25727&group=uk.sport.cricket#25727

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 16:24:00 -0800 (PST)
Subject: MCC/WCC recent words on Mankads
From: jzfredri...@gmail.com (jack fredricks)
 by: jack fredricks - Fri, 24 Feb 2023 00:24 UTC

https://www.lords.org/lords/news-stories/mcc-world-cricket-committee-calls-for-calm-on-non

Gatting said "Whilst attempts may increase in the short term, we would expect batters to learn their responsibilities under the Laws very quickly and drive it out of prominence".

This is my (only) hope. And it's the only real hope that the game won't be forever scared by these changes. Batsmen learning to watch the ball like a hawk.

Where I disagree with the WCC is sometimes bowlers WILL be the villains here. They WILL try to trick the non-striker out (by pulling out very late in the delivery). And it will work. And there will be grievances. And it will be the only dismissal type that results in grievances.

We'll first see Mankads stop in elite cricket. They'll be drilled endlessly about not leaving before they see the ball in flight. As pro cricketers, they'll accept this new training.

The real bad blood will be in grassroots cricket, which we don't get much coverage of.

Re: MCC/WCC recent words on Mankads

<1746b71c3b03930b$414$261275$4cd35cde@news.thundernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25737&group=uk.sport.cricket#25737

From: FBInCIAn...@yahoo.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Subject: Re: MCC/WCC recent words on Mankads
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 09:00:43 +0000
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Fri, 24 Feb 2023 09:00 UTC

On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 16:24:00 -0800, jack fredricks wrote:

> https://www.lords.org/lords/news-stories/mcc-world-cricket-committee-
calls-for-calm-on-non

> Gatting said "Whilst attempts may increase in the short term, we would
> expect batters to learn their responsibilities under the Laws very
> quickly and drive it out of prominence".
>
> This is my (only) hope. And it's the only real hope that the game won't
> be forever scared by these changes. Batsmen learning to watch the ball
> like a hawk.

That's exactly what I have been saying for a long time that batters are at
their OWN RISK of being mankaded if they LEAVE the CREASE before the ball
is released/bowled from bowlers hand.

> Where I disagree with the WCC is sometimes bowlers WILL be the villains
> here. They WILL try to trick the non-striker out (by pulling out very
> late in the delivery). And it will work. And there will be grievances.
> And it will be the only dismissal type that results in grievances.

Gatting didn't understand this part because of the brainwashing done to
him for decades by the OLD laws.

There is NO trickery on the bowlers part ANYMORE because bowler has the
LEGAL RIGHT to mankad "As long as" the ball is NOT RELEASED/BOWLED from
his hand.

End of story.

The question of bowlers trickery DOESNT EVEN ARISE AT ALL "IF" batters
choose to LEAVE the crease "AFTER" the ball is in the AIR.

> We'll first see Mankads stop in elite cricket. They'll be drilled
> endlessly about not leaving before they see the ball in flight. As pro
> cricketers, they'll accept this new training.

That's EXACTLY what I said MANY TIMES.

Batters should just PROGRAM their brains to LEAVE the crease AFTER seeing
the ball being released/bowled in the AIR.

> The real bad blood will be in grassroots cricket, which we don't get
> much coverage of.

Bad blood will be there IF they use the "STUPID MCC RULE" of bowler's hand
CROSSING the VERTICAL/HIGHEST position, because grassroot's level DON'T
have DRS and THIRD UMPIRE VIDEO REVIEWS.

Bad blood WON'T be there IF batters just PROGRAM their brains to LEAVE the
CREASE "AFTER" seeing the ball being RELEASED/BOWLED from bowlers hand and
the ball being in the air.

It is as simple as that.