Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 09:28:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: CAUGHT ON CAMERA: London private hire driver knocks down cyclist
before driving off
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 16:28 UTC

A London licensed private hire vehicle has knocked over a cyclist in the capital's borough of Kensington, before driving away from the scene.

Footage posted from the dash cam of the vehicle which was behind the PHV in question, shows the Toyota Prius minicab waiting at a set of traffic lights in the inside lane when a cyclist passes in front to wait at the red light.

When the lights change the minicab speeds off in an attempt to switch lanes in front of the vehicle in the right-hand lane. Whilst performing the manoeuvre, the private hire vehicle hits into the cyclist, knocking them to the ground. The private hire then speeds off without stopping.

The vehicle behind, believed to be a black taxi, appears to pull over to the side of the road to check on the cyclist.

The footage has been shared across social media, where people have been able to check the details of the vehicle and match it to Transport for London's taxi & private hire licensing database, which confirms the vehicle to to be registered as a private hire.

Video to appear soon…

https://www.taxi-point.co.uk/post/caught-on-camera-london-private-hire-driver-knocks-down-cyclist-before-driving-off

Re: CAUGHT ON CAMERA: London private hire driver knocks down cyclist before driving off

<ip747iF49h0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2577&group=uk.rec.cycling#2577

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
before driving off
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 17:38:10 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 16:38 UTC

> A London licensed private hire vehicle has knocked over a cyclist in the capital's borough of Kensington, before driving away from the scene.

The two most scofflaw classes of vehicle on the road.

Which to feel sorry for (if either)?

> Footage posted from the dash cam of the vehicle which was behind the PHV in question, shows the Toyota Prius minicab waiting at a set of traffic lights in the inside lane when a cyclist passes in front to wait at the red light.
>
> When the lights change the minicab speeds off in an attempt to switch lanes in front of the vehicle in the right-hand lane. Whilst performing the manoeuvre, the private hire vehicle hits into the cyclist, knocking them to the ground. The private hire then speeds off without stopping.

"...knocking *them* to the ground..."? [my emphasis]

Was it a tandem?

> The vehicle behind, believed to be a black taxi, appears to pull over to the side of the road to check on the cyclist.

> The footage has been shared across social media, where people have been able to check the details of the vehicle and match it to Transport for London's taxi & private hire licensing database, which confirms the vehicle to to be registered as a private hire.

> Video to appear soon…

> https://www.taxi-point.co.uk/post/caught-on-camera-london-private-hire-driver-knocks-down-cyclist-before-driving-off

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / CAUGHT ON CAMERA: London private hire driver knocks down cyclist before driving off