No animals were injured.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

SubjectAuthor
* School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in carsswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping offJNugent
 `* Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping offMike Collins
        +* Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping offswldx...@gmail.com
        |`- Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping offMike Collins
        `* Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping offJNugent
         `* Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping offMike Collins
          `* Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping offswldx...@gmail.com
           `* Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in carsMr Pounder Esquire
            `* Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping offswldx...@gmail.com
             `* Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in carsMr Pounder Esquire
              `- Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping offMike Collins

1
School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<601263ae-b65a-4859-ae48-dec09a386605n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2581&group=uk.rec.cycling#2581

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 09:54:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 16:54 UTC

A school has banned parents from the surrounding roads at pick up and drop off times, in a bid to tackle traffic levels.

Cadland Primary School was one of three selected for Hampshire County Council's School Streets trial, which will involve roads being closed off to parents during drop-off and pick-up.

The hope is that parents will walk or cycle their children to school, with affected roads remaining open to residents, emergency services, blue badge holders, deliveries and businesses, the Lymington Times report. (link is external)

Local counsellor, Alexis McEvoy, said: "It comes to the point where you have to say enough is enough.

"The situation has been that parents are trying to jockey for position to park, and I have even seen parents stopping and letting their kids out onto the main road.

"The other issue is the inconvenience for those who live there, and the health implications of exhaust fumes, particularly for the little ones.

"No doubt there will be some complaints. Parents will say they are in a hurry, but they will just have to leave earlier."

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-31-august-2021-285993#live-blog-item-27431

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<ip805pF9ejtU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2589&group=uk.rec.cycling#2589

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off
kids in cars
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 01:35:05 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 00:35 UTC

> A school has banned parents from the surrounding roads at pick up and drop off times, in a bid to tackle traffic levels.
>
> Cadland Primary School was one of three selected for Hampshire County Council's School Streets trial, which will involve roads being closed off to parents during drop-off and pick-up.

Who or what is doing the actual "closing off of the streets"?

Are the school staff and governors aware of the law regarding
obstruction of the highway?

Are all the teachers going to walk or fairy-cycle too? Including the
head teacher?

> The hope is that parents will walk or fairy-cycle their children to school, with affected roads remaining open to residents, emergency services, blue badge holders, deliveries and businesses [and school staff - guaranteed], the Lymington Times report. (link is external)
>
> Local counsellor, Alexis McEvoy, said: "It comes to the point where you have to say enough is enough.

Who does Alexis counsel?

Does he/she counsel the local councillors?

> "The situation has been that parents are trying to jockey for position to park, and I have even seen parents stopping and letting their kids out onto the main road.
>
> "The other issue is the inconvenience for those who live there, and the health implications of exhaust fumes, particularly for the little ones.
>
> "No doubt there will be some complaints. Parents will say they are in a hurry, but they will just have to leave earlier."
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/fairy-cycling-live-blog-31-august-2021-285993#live-blog-item-27431

Road.cc and its semi-literate contributors at their best, again.

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<e1a54c81-5169-4d3d-b23d-a4553d53dcf2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2605&group=uk.rec.cycling#2605

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 21:19:05 -0700 (PDT)
kids in cars
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 04:19 UTC

On Wednesday, 1 September 2021 at 01:35:08 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 31/08/2021 05:54 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > A school has banned parents from the surrounding roads at pick up and drop off times, in a bid to tackle traffic levels.
> >
> > Cadland Primary School was one of three selected for Hampshire County Council's School Streets trial, which will involve roads being closed off to parents during drop-off and pick-up.
> Who or what is doing the actual "closing off of the streets"?

"Law abiding" motorists, usually.

> Are the school staff and governors aware of the law regarding
> obstruction of the highway?

Typical "Law abiding" motorists seem unaware of the law, especially when dropping kids off at school. 'I was only stopped in the road for a few minutes', 'I had no choice as there was nowhere to park' or "I know my rights (but don't want anyone to mention my responsibilities)'.

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<ipcalmF4bvgU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2626&group=uk.rec.cycling#2626

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
kids in cars
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 16:58:47 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 15:58 UTC

On 02/09/2021 05:19 am, Mike Collins wrote:

> On Wednesday, 1 September 2021 at 01:35:08 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
>> On 31/08/2021 05:54 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> A school has banned parents from the surrounding roads at pick up and drop off times, in a bid to tackle traffic levels.
>>>
>>> Cadland Primary School was one of three selected for Hampshire County Council's School Streets trial, which will involve roads being closed off to parents during drop-off and pick-up.
>> Who or what is doing the actual "closing off of the streets"?
>
> "Law abiding" motorists, usually.
>>
>> Are the school staff and governors aware of the law regarding
>> obstruction of the highway?
>
> Typical "Law abiding" motorists seem unaware of the law, especially when dropping kids off at school. 'I was only stopped in the road for a few minutes', 'I had no choice as there was nowhere to park' or "I know my rights (but don't want anyone to mention my responsibilities)'.

Assuming you know (as always, perhaps not a safe assumption), what ARE
you blathering about?

BTW: DO you agree with me that one of the privileged categories will be
the teachers at the school?

One law for them, one for the pupils' parents, eh?

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<38922719-1bb1-425d-9a06-e764316cd549n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2636&group=uk.rec.cycling#2636

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 10:25:15 -0700 (PDT)
kids in cars
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 17:25 UTC

On Thursday, 2 September 2021 at 16:58:48 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 02/09/2021 05:19 am, Mike Collins wrote:

> >> Who or what is doing the actual "closing off of the streets"?
> >
> > "Law abiding" motorists, usually.
> >>
> >> Are the school staff and governors aware of the law regarding
> >> obstruction of the highway?
> >
> > Typical "Law abiding" motorists seem unaware of the law, especially when dropping kids off at school. 'I was only stopped in the road for a few minutes', 'I had no choice as there was nowhere to park' or "I know my rights (but don't want anyone to mention my responsibilities)'.
> Assuming you know (as always, perhaps not a safe assumption), what ARE
> you blathering about?
>
> BTW: DO you agree with me that one of the privileged categories will be
> the teachers at the school?
>
> One law for them, one for the pupils' parents, eh?

Teachers park in the staff car park, not in the middle of the road.

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<74c8e410-198a-49a9-922c-f7639fda1344n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2638&group=uk.rec.cycling#2638

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 10:55:57 -0700 (PDT)
kids in cars
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 17:55 UTC

On Thursday, 2 September 2021 at 16:58:48 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 02/09/2021 05:19 am, Mike Collins wrote:

> >> Who or what is doing the actual "closing off of the streets"?
> >
> > "Law abiding" motorists, usually.
> >>
> >> Are the school staff and governors aware of the law regarding
> >> obstruction of the highway?
> >
> > Typical "Law abiding" motorists seem unaware of the law, especially when dropping kids off at school. 'I was only stopped in the road for a few minutes', 'I had no choice as there was nowhere to park' or "I know my rights (but don't want anyone to mention my responsibilities)'.
> Assuming you know (as always, perhaps not a safe assumption), what ARE
> you blathering about?
>
> BTW: DO you agree with me that one of the privileged categories will be
> the teachers at the school?
>
> One law for them, one for the pupils' parents, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMhURei8N6Q&t=54s

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<469634ef-5475-4d5d-9c7a-b401c06d2556n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2639&group=uk.rec.cycling#2639

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 11:00:41 -0700 (PDT)
kids in cars
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 18:00 UTC

On Thursday, 2 September 2021 at 18:55:59 UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 September 2021 at 16:58:48 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

> > > "Law abiding" motorists, usually.

> > > Typical "Law abiding" motorists seem unaware of the law, especially when dropping kids off at school. 'I was only stopped in the road for a few minutes', 'I had no choice as there was nowhere to park' or "I know my rights (but don't want anyone to mention my responsibilities)'.
> > Assuming you know (as always, perhaps not a safe assumption), what ARE
> > you blathering about?
> >
> > BTW: DO you agree with me that one of the privileged categories will be
> > the teachers at the school?
> >
> > One law for them, one for the pupils' parents, eh?
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMhURei8N6Q&t=54s

Oh! I forget. Nugents will not click on that link because it may contain the truth which violates the Prime Directive of Nugentworld, "Motorists can do no wrong, Cyclists can do no right".

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<sgr56o$qa1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2641&group=uk.rec.cycling#2641

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 19:29:25 +0100
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 18:29 UTC

Mike Collins wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 September 2021 at 16:58:48 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

>>> "Law abiding" motorists, usually.

>>> Typical "Law abiding" motorists seem unaware of the law, especially
>>> when dropping kids off at school. 'I was only stopped in the road
>>> for a few minutes', 'I had no choice as there was nowhere to park'
>>> or "I know my rights (but don't want anyone to mention my
>>> responsibilities)'.
>> Assuming you know (as always, perhaps not a safe assumption), what
>> ARE you blathering about?
>>
>> BTW: DO you agree with me that one of the privileged categories will
>> be the teachers at the school?
>>
>> One law for them, one for the pupils' parents, eh?
>
> Teachers park in the staff car park, not in the middle of the road.

Prick

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<sgr57t$r4t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2642&group=uk.rec.cycling#2642

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 19:30:02 +0100
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 18:30 UTC

Mike Collins wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 September 2021 at 18:55:59 UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

>>> Assuming you know (as always, perhaps not a safe assumption), what
>>> ARE you blathering about?
>>>
>>> BTW: DO you agree with me that one of the privileged categories
>>> will be the teachers at the school?
>>>
>>> One law for them, one for the pupils' parents, eh?
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMhURei8N6Q&t=54s
>
> Oh! I forget. Nugents will not click on that link because it may
> contain the truth which violates the Prime Directive of Nugentworld,
> "Motorists can do no wrong, Cyclists can do no right".

Prick.

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<3568052d-eba1-4f65-ae2f-cf3d2cf9e9c7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2645&group=uk.rec.cycling#2645

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 12:30:14 -0700 (PDT)
kids in cars
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 19:30 UTC

On Thursday, 2 September 2021 at 19:30:23 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> Mike Collins wrote:

> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMhURei8N6Q&t=54s
> >
> > Oh! I forget. Nugents will not click on that link because it may
> > contain the truth which violates the Prime Directive of Nugentworld,
> > "Motorists can do no wrong, Cyclists can do no right".
> Prick.

Reasoned argument logically presented.

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<ipd768F9mqjU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2655&group=uk.rec.cycling#2655

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
kids in cars
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 01:05:28 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 00:05 UTC

On 02/09/2021 06:25 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> On Thursday, 2 September 2021 at 16:58:48 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

>>> "Law abiding" motorists, usually.

>>> Typical "Law abiding" motorists seem unaware of the law, especially when dropping kids off at school. 'I was only stopped in the road for a few minutes', 'I had no choice as there was nowhere to park' or "I know my rights (but don't want anyone to mention my responsibilities)'.
>> Assuming you know (as always, perhaps not a safe assumption), what ARE
>> you blathering about?
>>
>> BTW: DO you agree with me that one of the privileged categories will be
>> the teachers at the school?
>>
>> One law for them, one for the pupils' parents, eh?
>
> Teachers park in the staff car park, not in the middle of the road.

Parking in the middle of the road (or in any other obstructive manner)
is already an offence.

Policing such things is the job of the police and/or traffic wardens,
not of officious teachers, worried that they might not be able to sail
in to work as fast as they'd like.

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<ipd788F9mqjU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2656&group=uk.rec.cycling#2656

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
kids in cars
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 01:06:32 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 00:06 UTC

On 02/09/2021 06:55 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 September 2021 at 16:58:48 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

>>> "Law abiding" motorists, usually.

>>> Typical "Law abiding" motorists seem unaware of the law, especially when dropping kids off at school. 'I was only stopped in the road for a few minutes', 'I had no choice as there was nowhere to park' or "I know my rights (but don't want anyone to mention my responsibilities)'.
>> Assuming you know (as always, perhaps not a safe assumption), what ARE
>> you blathering about?
>>
>> BTW: DO you agree with me that one of the privileged categories will be
>> the teachers at the school?
>>
>> One law for them, one for the pupils' parents, eh?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMhURei8N6Q&t=54s

Unclicked.

If any at all, what is the point you are failing to make (in words)?

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<4641513c-963c-4342-90ea-997cd40d0fcen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2659&group=uk.rec.cycling#2659

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 22:16:44 -0700 (PDT)
kids in cars
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 05:16 UTC

On Friday, 3 September 2021 at 01:06:35 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 02/09/2021 06:55 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> >> Assuming you know (as always, perhaps not a safe assumption), what ARE
> >> you blathering about?
> >>
> >> BTW: DO you agree with me that one of the privileged categories will be
> >> the teachers at the school?
> >>
> >> One law for them, one for the pupils' parents, eh?
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMhURei8N6Q&t=54s
> Unclicked.

Pandora's Box. You cannot unclick something you have clicked on.

> If any at all, what is the point you are failing to make (in words)?

Schools are more about behavioural programming than imparting knowledge.

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<ipecv9FgipuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2666&group=uk.rec.cycling#2666

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
kids in cars
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 11:50:17 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 10:50 UTC

On 03/09/2021 06:16 am, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Friday, 3 September 2021 at 01:06:35 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMhURei8N6Q&t=54s
>> Unclicked.
>
> Pandora's Box. You cannot unclick something you have clicked on.

Unclicked.

>> If any at all, what is the point you are failing to make (in words)?
>
> Schools are more about behavioural programming than imparting knowledge.

That is true up to a point, Lord Copper (just not sure about your value
judgment "more").

But even behavioural conditioning (not an undesirable aim in itself,
since we all need to know how to live in society without breaking the
rules) is just one more form of knowledge. You have to know what society
expects of you.

DO you agree with me that one of the privileged categories will be the
teachers at the school?

One law for them, one for the pupils' parents, eh?

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<889c901a-8747-46c7-94c2-e21b5e0bc875n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2671&group=uk.rec.cycling#2671

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 04:18:27 -0700 (PDT)
kids in cars
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 11:18 UTC

On Friday, 3 September 2021 at 11:50:19 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 03/09/2021 06:16 am, Mike Collins wrote:

> >> Unclicked.
> >
> > Pandora's Box. You cannot unclick something you have clicked on.
> Unclicked.
> >
> >> If any at all, what is the point you are failing to make (in words)?
> >
> > Schools are more about behavioural programming than imparting knowledge..
> That is true up to a point, Lord Copper (just not sure about your value
> judgment "more").
>
> But even behavioural conditioning (not an undesirable aim in itself,
> since we all need to know how to live in society without breaking the
> rules) is just one more form of knowledge. You have to know what society
> expects of you.

Such as obeying speed limits when you operate a motor vehicle on public roads.

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<005c273e-47d6-42cb-961d-bb17063ef4adn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2686&group=uk.rec.cycling#2686

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 06:32:51 -0700 (PDT)
kids in cars
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 13:32 UTC

On Friday, September 3, 2021 at 12:18:28 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

> Such as obeying speed limits when you operate a motor vehicle on public roads.

Does *any* driver always do that?
Or are they all scofflaws?

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<7ca9b306-5bf3-4713-a2ab-7d57e67963a4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2687&group=uk.rec.cycling#2687

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 07:18:16 -0700 (PDT)
kids in cars
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 14:18 UTC

On Friday, 3 September 2021 at 14:32:52 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, September 3, 2021 at 12:18:28 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
>
> > Such as obeying speed limits when you operate a motor vehicle on public roads.
> Does *any* driver always do that?
> Or are they all scofflaws?

Speeding motorists are 'Driving according to the conditions', rather than following a number on a post.

According to Nugents only cyclists break the law. When a motorist jumps a red light it is because 'It was only red for a few seconds', 'It was unsafe to stop quickly', and the get out of jail free 'I pay road tax'.

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<ipeplbFj0rdU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2688&group=uk.rec.cycling#2688

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
kids in cars
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 15:26:52 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 14:26 UTC

On 03/09/2021 12:18 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Friday, 3 September 2021 at 11:50:19 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

>>> Pandora's Box. You cannot unclick something you have clicked on.
>> Unclicked.

>>> Schools are more about behavioural programming than imparting knowledge.
>> That is true up to a point, Lord Copper (just not sure about your value
>> judgment "more").
>>
>> But even behavioural conditioning (not an undesirable aim in itself,
>> since we all need to know how to live in society without breaking the
>> rules) is just one more form of knowledge. You have to know what society
>> expects of you.
>
> Such as obeying speed limits when you operate a motor vehicle on public roads.

Indeed. And stopping and waiting at red traffic lights. Because they're red.

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<d14b7491-aef0-45ee-929a-2da59579195bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2692&group=uk.rec.cycling#2692

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 07:47:38 -0700 (PDT)
kids in cars
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 14:47 UTC

On Friday, 3 September 2021 at 15:26:54 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 03/09/2021 12:18 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> >> Unclicked.

> >> That is true up to a point, Lord Copper (just not sure about your value
> >> judgment "more").
> >>
> >> But even behavioural conditioning (not an undesirable aim in itself,
> >> since we all need to know how to live in society without breaking the
> >> rules) is just one more form of knowledge. You have to know what society
> >> expects of you.
> >
> > Such as obeying speed limits when you operate a motor vehicle on public roads.
> Indeed. And stopping and waiting at red traffic lights. Because they're red.

Unfortunately the majority of motorists think you only have to stop when the light has been red for 30 seconds, No Motor Vehicle signs only apply to other people and you must not park on a footway unless it is convenient for you.

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<6e1b1cc3-7b59-490a-813f-45094b093d2cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2703&group=uk.rec.cycling#2703

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 09:53:11 -0700 (PDT)
kids in cars
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 16:53 UTC

On Friday, September 3, 2021 at 3:47:39 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

> Unfortunately the majority of motorists think you only have to stop when the light has been red for 30 seconds, No Motor Vehicle signs only apply to other people and you must not park on a footway unless it is convenient for you.

Typical scofflaw driver.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-YBpEXXIB8xzim?format=png&name=small

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<sgto4k$48j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2706&group=uk.rec.cycling#2706

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 19:05:07 +0100
References: <601263ae-b65a-4859-ae48-dec09a386605n@googlegroups.com> <ip805pF9ejtU1@mid.individual.net> <e1a54c81-5169-4d3d-b23d-a4553d53dcf2n@googlegroups.com> <ipcalmF4bvgU4@mid.individual.net> <74c8e410-198a-49a9-922c-f7639fda1344n@googlegroups.com> <ipd788F9mqjU3@mid.individual.net> <4641513c-963c-4342-90ea-997cd40d0fcen@googlegroups.com> <ipecv9FgipuU1@mid.individual.net> <889c901a-8747-46c7-94c2-e21b5e0bc875n@googlegroups.com> <ipeplbFj0rdU2@mid.individual.net> <d14b7491-aef0-45ee-929a-2da59579195bn@googlegroups.com> <6e1b1cc3-7b59-490a-813f-45094b093d2cn@googlegroups.com>
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 18:05 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, September 3, 2021 at 3:47:39 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately the majority of motorists think you only have to stop
>> when the light has been red for 30 seconds, No Motor Vehicle signs
>> only apply to other people and you must not park on a footway unless
>> it is convenient for you.
>
> Typical scofflaw driver.
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-YBpEXXIB8xzim?format=png&name=small

Aren't you the twat that drove on the continent and boasted about having no
windscreen wipers?
The same twat who boasted about blasting past schools as speed limits do not
apply to cyclists?
The same twat with the HUGE pension pot who had to downsize to a pikey scum
council house in the shithole of Hull?
The same twat who used BPs computers to post to this group in company time?
The same stupid twat who could not even commit suicide by jumping off a
bridge onto a dual carriageway?
The same stupid twat who inconvenienced the proper road user who drove over
you?
The same twat who cost the nation hundred of thousands in health care?
The same stupid twat who tried and failed to justify all of that money
wasted by saying that he had paid into the system?
The same twat that posted a picture of his dirty kitchen with a stinking cat
sat there and a stinking bicycle in his kitchen?
What kind of person would have a stinking bicycle in a kitchen?
The same twat that wrote a book about himself called, "The man who came back
from the dead"
The same twat that used vanity press and gave myself and other posters who
detest scum cyclists credits.......... ffs!

That lot is just to let the low of intelligence and unemployable scum
council estate cycling sheeple who support Mason who they are supporting.

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<d1080587-8be7-466d-a0d9-619da02026c4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2711&group=uk.rec.cycling#2711

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 11:38:17 -0700 (PDT)
kids in cars
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 18:38 UTC

On Friday, September 3, 2021 at 7:05:09 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

> The same twat with the HUGE pension pot who had to downsize to a pikey scum
> council house in the shithole of Hull?

I downsized from a semi detached house in Anlaby as my kids have left home to a house in a rural Lincolnshire village in 2019. I sold the house I paid £67000 for in 2000 for £180000 and paid £105000 cash for this house. My pension pays me an index linked sum every month for life. Thanks for your interest.

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<sgts1l$vfs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2713&group=uk.rec.cycling#2713

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 20:11:48 +0100
References: <601263ae-b65a-4859-ae48-dec09a386605n@googlegroups.com> <ip805pF9ejtU1@mid.individual.net> <e1a54c81-5169-4d3d-b23d-a4553d53dcf2n@googlegroups.com> <ipcalmF4bvgU4@mid.individual.net> <74c8e410-198a-49a9-922c-f7639fda1344n@googlegroups.com> <ipd788F9mqjU3@mid.individual.net> <4641513c-963c-4342-90ea-997cd40d0fcen@googlegroups.com> <ipecv9FgipuU1@mid.individual.net> <889c901a-8747-46c7-94c2-e21b5e0bc875n@googlegroups.com> <ipeplbFj0rdU2@mid.individual.net> <d14b7491-aef0-45ee-929a-2da59579195bn@googlegroups.com> <6e1b1cc3-7b59-490a-813f-45094b093d2cn@googlegroups.com> <sgto4k$48j$1@dont-email.me> <d1080587-8be7-466d-a0d9-619da02026c4n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 19:11 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, September 3, 2021 at 7:05:09 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire
> wrote:
>
>> The same twat with the HUGE pension pot who had to downsize to a
>> pikey scum council house in the shithole of Hull?
>
> I downsized from a semi detached house in Anlaby as my kids have left
> home to a house in a rural Lincolnshire village in 2019. I sold the
> house I paid �67000 for in 2000 for �180000 and paid �105000 cash for
> this house. My pension pays me an index linked sum every month for
> life. Thanks for your interest.

I was not interested, I was taking the piss. Thought you may have clicked to
that. But you are a cyclist.........
Cyclists will always snip a posting if it upsets the little fairy
snowflakes.

Re: School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars

<1b4ffddd-a3c9-4b46-ac21-09431ca354f0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2719&group=uk.rec.cycling#2719

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 20:11:11 -0700 (PDT)
kids in cars
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 03:11 UTC

On Friday, 3 September 2021 at 20:11:51 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Friday, September 3, 2021 at 7:05:09 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire
> > wrote:
> >
> >> The same twat with the HUGE pension pot who had to downsize to a
> >> pikey scum council house in the shithole of Hull?
> >
> > I downsized from a semi detached house in Anlaby as my kids have left
> > home to a house in a rural Lincolnshire village in 2019. I sold the
> > house I paid £67000 for in 2000 for £180000 and paid £105000 cash for
> > this house. My pension pays me an index linked sum every month for
> > life. Thanks for your interest.
> I was not interested, I was taking the piss. Thought you may have clicked to
> that. But you are a cyclist.........
> Cyclists will always snip a posting if it upsets the little fairy
> snowflakes.

Thank you for confirming you have multiple personalities and are in fact a permanent resident in Alder Hey.
The question is, who is the real JNugent and should the tax payers let loons have internet access.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / School urges parents to walk or cycle as it bans dropping off kids in cars