Youth of today! Join me in a mass rally for traditional mental attitudes!

aus+uk / aus.computers / Re: Laptops: HP vs Acer

SubjectAuthor
* Laptops: HP vs AcerMax
+* Re: Laptops: HP vs AcerMarco Moock
|`- Re: Laptops: HP vs Acerkeithr0
`* Re: Laptops: HP vs AcerRod Speed
 +* Re: Laptops: HP vs AcerPetzl
 |`* Re: Laptops: HP vs AcerRod Speed
 | `* Re: Laptops: HP vs AcerMax
 |  +* Re: Laptops: HP vs AcerPetzl
 |  |`* Re: Laptops: HP vs AcerRod Speed
 |  | `* Re: Laptops: HP vs AcerPetzl
 |  |  `- Re: Laptops: HP vs AcerRod Speed
 |  `- Re: Laptops: HP vs AcerRod Speed
 `* Re: Laptops: HP vs AcerMax
  `- Re: Laptops: HP vs AcerRod Speed

1
Laptops: HP vs Acer

<t33iva$l7b$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2580&group=aus.computers#2580

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Subject: Laptops: HP vs Acer
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 20:06:32 +1000
 by: Max - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 10:06 UTC

HP and Acer laptops seem to be competing in the same market segment –
similarly priced and similar spec laptops.

Which of these two is better?

I was previously an Acer person, but my current laptop is an HP and I
have found the casing to be quite weak – it has cracked after a couple
of years. I am little rough with it, but my Acers held up much better.

Re: Laptops: HP vs Acer

<20220412122316.174771dc.mo01@posteo.de>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2581&group=aus.computers#2581

From: mo0...@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Subject: Re: Laptops: HP vs Acer
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 12:23:16 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 10:23 UTC

Am Dienstag, 12. April 2022, um 20:06:32 Uhr schrieb Max:

> Which of these two is better?

I recommend HP.
Acer often have problems with UEFI and Linux OS.

Re: Laptops: HP vs Acer

<op.1ki0ctsabyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2582&group=aus.computers#2582

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 04:59:07 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 18:59 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

> HP and Acer laptops seem to be competing in the samemarket segment –
> similarly priced and similar spec laptops.

> Which of these two is better?

I have always gone for HP because there is a full maintenance
manual available for download with theirs. Not with Acer.

And the HPs are fine to have the charger charging the laptop all
the time, doesn/t kill the battery. It does with Acers. More convenient.

> I was previously an Acer person, but my current laptop is an HP and I
> have found the casing to be quite weak – it has cracked after a couple
> of years. I am little rough with it, but my Acers held up much better.

I have never damaged mine, but I'm not stupid enough to treat it rougly.

Re: Laptops: HP vs Acer

<5j2c5h55i136ovp39a3n07r8r0ocl6on7k@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2583&group=aus.computers#2583

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 09:31:08 +1000
 by: Petzl - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 23:31 UTC

On Wed, 13 Apr 2022 04:59:07 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>
>> HP and Acer laptops seem to be competing in the samemarket segment –
>> similarly priced and similar spec laptops.
>
>> Which of these two is better?
>
>I have always gone for HP because there is a full maintenance
>manual available for download with theirs. Not with Acer.
>
>And the HPs are fine to have the charger charging the laptop all
>the time, doesn/t kill the battery. It does with Acers. More convenient.
>
>> I was previously an Acer person, but my current laptop is an HP and I
>> have found the casing to be quite weak – it has cracked after a couple
>> of years. I am little rough with it, but my Acers held up much better.
>
>I have never damaged mine, but I'm not stupid enough to treat it rougly.

My choice has been HP sometime ago they were crap trying to be too
cheap, now good
Given up on Laptops old age when I did have only rare occasions
removed it from desks.
For me "All in ones" the way to go. Much better value than a laptop.
--
Petzl
Australian's continue to vote for and believe slogans?

"My first act as Prime Minister will be to raise the speed limit, lower the
fines, cancel the tolls. ban any future virus lock downs.
Thank you " Anthony Albanese

Re: Laptops: HP vs Acer

<op.1kjguskpbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2584&group=aus.computers#2584

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 10:55:30 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 00:55 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>> HP and Acer laptops seem to be competing in the same
>>> market segment – similarly priced and similar spec laptops.

>>> Which of these two is better?

>> I have always gone for HP because there is a full maintenance
>> manual available for download with theirs. Not with Acer.

>> And the HPs are fine to have the charger charging the laptop all the
>> time, doesn/t kill the battery. It does with Acers. More convenient.

>>> I was previously an Acer person, but my current laptop is an HP and I
>>> have found the casing to be quite weak – it has cracked after a couple
>>> of years. I am little rough with it, but my Acers held up much better.

>> I have never damaged mine, but I'm not stupid enough to treat it
>> roughly.

> My choice has been HP sometime ago they were crap trying to be too
> cheap, now good

> Given up on Laptops old age when I did have only rare occasions
> removed it from desks.

I still do move mine around, mostly when updating the beer brewing
database during brewing and bottling and reorganising the massive
great beer storage room. I often have 18 months of beer ready to drink.

> For me "All in ones" the way to go. Much better value than a laptop.

I prefer a desktop PC because you can have the best
of every component with those and much easier to
work on if needed and much better as a PVR as well.

Re: Laptops: HP vs Acer

<jbt4rhF63eaU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2587&group=aus.computers#2587

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 21:56:33 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 11:56 UTC

On 12/04/2022 8:23 pm, Marco Moock wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 12. April 2022, um 20:06:32 Uhr schrieb Max:
>
>> Which of these two is better?
>
> I recommend HP.
> Acer often have problems with UEFI and Linux OS.

I have an Acer Spin 3, it works well and is reasonably well constructed.
You can turn the display around and use it like a big tablet with a
stylus which is great for photo editing. It also has 2 M2 NMVe/PCI
slots, much better than SATA.

Re: Laptops: HP vs Acer

<t3ddri$16t7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2589&group=aus.computers#2589

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 13:40:33 +1000
 by: Max - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 03:40 UTC

On 13/04/2022 10:55 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>> I have always gone for HP because there is a full maintenance
>>> manual available for download with theirs. Not with Acer.
>
>>> And the HPs are fine to have the charger charging the laptop all
>>> thetime, doesn/t kill the battery. It does with Acers. More convenient.

>>> I have never damaged mine, but I'm not stupid enough to treat it
>>> roughly.
>
>> My choice has been HP sometime ago they were crap trying to be too
>> cheap, now good
>
>> Given up on Laptops old age when I did have only rare occasions
>> removed it from desks.
>
> I still do move mine around, mostly when updating the beer brewing
> database during brewing and bottling and reorganising the massive
> great beer storage room. I often have 18 months of beer ready to drink.

Doesn't beer go off after that amount of time?

>> For me "All in ones" the way to go. Much better value than a laptop.
>
> I prefer a desktop PC because you can have the best
> of every component with those and much easier to
> work on if needed and much better as a PVR as well.

Re: Laptops: HP vs Acer

<t3ddu0$16t7$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2590&group=aus.computers#2590

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 13:41:52 +1000
 by: Max - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 03:41 UTC

On 13/04/2022 4:59 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>
>> HP and Acer laptops seem to be competing in the samemarket segment –
>> similarly priced and similar spec laptops.
>
>> Which of these two is better?
>
> I have always gone for HP because there is a full maintenance
> manual available for download with theirs. Not with Acer.
>
> And the HPs are fine to have the charger charging the laptop all
> the time, doesn/t kill the battery. It does with Acers. More convenient.
>
>> I was previously an Acer person, but my current laptop is an HP and I
>> have found the casing to be quite weak – it has cracked after a couple
>> of years. I am little rough with it, but my Acers held up much better.
>
> I have never damaged mine, but I'm not stupid enough to treat it rougly.

I used sticky tape to tape up the broken bits on the casing, and it
works fine.

So it doesn't matter if I treat it roughly - I get away with it.

Re: Laptops: HP vs Acer

<5lkk5hd50jjrj6pksch05u3269qdt4d2or@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2591&group=aus.computers#2591

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 15:27:35 +1000
 by: Petzl - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 05:27 UTC

On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 13:40:33 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

>>> Given up on Laptops old age when I did have only rare occasions
>>> removed it from desks.
>>
>> I still do move mine around, mostly when updating the beer brewing
>> database during brewing and bottling and reorganising the massive
>> great beer storage room. I often have 18 months of beer ready to drink.
>>

>Doesn't beer go off after that amount of time?

Three years if stored properly as in kept cool.
Best to use within 8 months.
<https://www.cooksillustrated.com/how_tos/6057-drinking-expired-beer>
--
Petzl
What is the harm of for the Democrats validating the voting system.

Amazing to think that Lyndon Johnson perfected the
'sit-wait-see how many we need to win-then dump our
stuffed ballots at the last moment' electoral technique
in post-war Texas, and nothing has changed in US elections
in the 7 decades since.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_United_States_Senate_election_in_Texas#Legal_battle>
The Left is fine with Vaccine Cards
but NOT voter IDs. Paying attention yet?

Re: Laptops: HP vs Acer

<op.1kqeztlcbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2592&group=aus.computers#2592

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 04:58:31 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 18:58 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> My choice has been HP sometime ago they were crap trying to be too
>>> cheap, now good

>>> Given up on Laptops old age when I did have only rare occasions
>>> removed it from desks.

>> I still do move mine around, mostly when updating the beer brewing
>> database during brewing and bottling and reorganising the massive
>> great beer storage room. I often have 18 months of beer ready to drink.

> Doesn't beer go off after that amount of time?

Yes; but not in 18 months when bottled in glass.

>>> For me "All in ones" the way to go. Much better value than a laptop.

>> I prefer a desktop PC because you can have the best
>> of every component with those and much easier to
>> work on if needed and much better as a PVR as well.

Re: Laptops: HP vs Acer

<op.1kqe5vvgbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2593&group=aus.computers#2593

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 05:02:09 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 19:02 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>> HP and Acer laptops seem to be competing in the samemarket segment –
>>> similarly priced and similar spec laptops.

>>> Which of these two is better?

>> I have always gone for HP because there is a full maintenance
>> manual available for download with theirs. Not with Acer.

>> And the HPs are fine to have the charger charging the laptop all
>> the time, doesn/t kill the battery. It does with Acers. More convenient.

>>> I was previously an Acer person, but my current laptop is an HP and I
>>> have found the casing to be quite weak – it has cracked after a couple
>>> of years. I am little rough with it, but my Acers held up much better.

>> I have never damaged mine, but I'm not stupid enough to treat it
>> rougly.

> I used sticky tape to tape up the broken bits on the casing, and it
> works fine.

But if you weren't stupid enough to treat it roughly
you wouldn't have to have that abortion.

> So it doesn't matter if I treat it roughly - I get away with it.

That time you did, that isn't guaranteed, stupid.

Re: Laptops: HP vs Acer

<op.1kqfloufbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2594&group=aus.computers#2594

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 05:11:38 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 19:11 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>> I still do move mine around, mostly when updating the beer brewing
>>> database during brewing and bottling and reorganising the massive
>>> great beer storage room. I often have 18 months of beer ready to drink.

>> Doesn't beer go off after that amount of time?

> Three years if stored properly as in kept cool.

You don't have to keep it cool.

> Best to use within 8 months.
> <https://www.cooksillustrated.com/how_tos/6057-drinking-expired-beer>

Home brew isnt pasteurized or filtered to eliminate bacteria.

And he is wrong about the taste too.

Re: Laptops: HP vs Acer

<7qkm5htkvhnje2alhfmmvu81i4jbkmguje@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2595&group=aus.computers#2595

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 09:38:31 +1000
 by: Petzl - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 23:38 UTC

On Sun, 17 Apr 2022 05:11:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>> Doesn't beer go off after that amount of time?
>
>> Three years if stored properly as in kept cool.
>
>You don't have to keep it cool.
>
>> Best to use within 8 months.
>> <https://www.cooksillustrated.com/how_tos/6057-drinking-expired-beer>
>
>Home brew isnt pasteurized or filtered to eliminate bacteria.
>
>And he is wrong about the taste too.

You should know, you have been making it for eons.
--
Petzl
LOVE HIM OR HATE HIM

Re: Laptops: HP vs Acer

<op.1kqtjho0byq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2596&group=aus.computers#2596

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 10:12:43 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 00:12 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>> Three years if stored properly as in kept cool.

>> You don't have to keep it cool.

>>> Best to use within 8 months.
>>> <https://www.cooksillustrated.com/how_tos/6057-drinking-expired-beer>

>> Home brew isnt pasteurized or filtered to eliminate bacteria.

>> And he is wrong about the taste too.

> You should know, you have been making it for eons.

Yep, more than 300 batches now and I only drink one longneck a day.