From: amos-jo...@outlook.com (Ray)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: HGV drivers
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 08:36:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ray - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 08:36 UTC

Took a long distance drive up to Yorkshire and back last week.
The numbers of HGV's on the roads doesn't seem to be any less than it was
before the plague hit.
So if we're short of HGV drivers who is driving them all?

--
OI YOU, WASH YOUR HANDS.

Re: HGV drivers

<xn0n5n106eak2bx00e@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2601&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2601

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: HGV drivers
Date: 21 Nov 2021 08:46:50 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 08:46 UTC

On 21/11/2021 in message <snd0en$i9j$1@amos-jones.eternal-september.org>
Ray wrote:

>Took a long distance drive up to Yorkshire and back last week.
>The numbers of HGV's on the roads doesn't seem to be any less than it was
>before the plague hit.
>So if we're short of HGV drivers who is driving them all?

I wonder if it was a passing fad? In the legal group it only took a couple
of posts before it was being blamed on Brexit even though it is a world
wide issue.

My daughter has a "B" licence and could get an HGV licence quite easily,
she could then keep me in the manner to which I'd like to become accustomed!

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those