The girl who swears no one has ever made love to her has a right to swear. -- Sophia Loren

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: County schedule will not be cut

SubjectAuthor
* County schedule will not be cutRobert Henderson
`* Re: County schedule will not be cutDavid North
 `- Re: County schedule will not be cutMike Holmans

1
County schedule will not be cut

<64f6c680-0eb0-49c1-9382-4a566d5a81c2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26076&group=uk.sport.cricket#26076

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 23:57:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: County schedule will not be cut
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 06:57 UTC

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2023/02/10/fewer-points-draws-kookaburra-ball-no-less-county-cricket/

County schedule will not be cut despite Andrew Strauss review recommendations

Fewer points for draws, a Kookaburra ball – but no less county cricket
County schedule will not be cut despite Andrew Strauss review recommendations

By
Will Macpherson
10 February 2023 • 7:03pm

The county cricket schedule is to remain the same in 2024 in a victory for the counties after it was decided not to implement Andrew Strauss-led High Performance Review’s recommendation to reduce the volume of fixtures.

The ECB on Friday revealed the number of fixtures are likely to remain the same despite Strauss’ review.

In the wake of a dreadful Ashes campaign last winter, the ECB commissioned the review, led by Strauss. Among other elements, it recommended a slimming of the county schedule. The counties bit back for 2023, but the ECB were expected to attempt a reduction for 2024.

Now, however, the ECB’s managing director of county cricket Neil Snowball has revealed he does not expect “anything dramatic” to change in 2024.

Snowball also expressed “concern” over the impact of July’s launch of Major League Cricket, a new T20 tournament in the US which he fears could deny county cricket top talent.

“We have an advantage of being in the northern hemisphere so we haven’t had the impact of the franchise leagues apart from the IPL encroaching into the early part of the season,” he said. “Anything that threatens our best players being taken away from our competitions, be it the Blast or the Hundred, would be a concern, so we are keeping a very close eye on that.”

Asked whether he was especially worried about overseas or domestic players opting for the US (where generous payment will be on offer), he replied: “It a big call for a domestic player to leave and go overseas. They have got to get an no-objection certificate signed off by their county as well.”

Read more at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2023/02/10/fewer-points-draws-kookaburra-ball-no-less-county-cricket/

RH

Re: County schedule will not be cut

<k7ju0gFro80U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26077&group=uk.sport.cricket#26077

From: nos...@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk (David North)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: County schedule will not be cut
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 19:40:00 +0000
 by: David North - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 19:40 UTC

On 17/03/2023 06:57, Robert Henderson wrote:

> https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2023/02/10/fewer-points-draws-kookaburra-ball-no-less-county-cricket/
>
> County schedule will not be cut despite Andrew Strauss review recommendations
>
> Fewer points for draws, a Kookaburra ball – but no less county cricket
> County schedule will not be cut despite Andrew Strauss review recommendations
>
> By
> Will Macpherson
> 10 February 2023 • 7:03pm
You posted this here over a month ago.

--
David North

Re: County schedule will not be cut

<9og91ih3hjcj43amu7mbnan6j8qo2t71i8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26078&group=uk.sport.cricket#26078

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 19:46:14 +0000
 by: Mike Holmans - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 19:46 UTC

On Fri, 17 Mar 2023 19:40:00 +0000, David North
<nospam@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>On 17/03/2023 06:57, Robert Henderson wrote:
>>
>> https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2023/02/10/fewer-points-draws-kookaburra-ball-no-less-county-cricket/
>>
>> County schedule will not be cut despite Andrew Strauss review recommendations
>>
>> Fewer points for draws, a Kookaburra ball – but no less county cricket
>> County schedule will not be cut despite Andrew Strauss review recommendations
>>
>> By
>> Will Macpherson
>> 10 February 2023 • 7:03pm
>You posted this here over a month ago.

Relatively recent, then, compared to his regular output of boring
essays he wrote over a decade ago and are now even sillier than they
were then.

Cheers,

Mike

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: County schedule will not be cut