Go slowly to the entertainments of thy friends, but quickly to their misfortunes. -- Chilo

aus+uk / uk.tech.digital-tv / SOT: help with Bluetooth

SubjectAuthor
* SOT: help with BluetoothWoody
+* Re: SOT: help with Bluetoothcharles
|`* Re: SOT: help with BluetoothWoody
| `* Re: SOT: help with Bluetoothcharles
|  `* Re: SOT: help with Bluetoothcharles
|   +- Re: SOT: help with BluetoothJeff Gaines
|   +- Re: SOT: help with BluetoothWoody
|   `* Re: SOT: help with BluetoothRoderick Stewart
|    +- Re: SOT: help with Bluetoothcharles
|    `- Re: SOT: help with BluetoothWoody
+- Re: SOT: help with BluetoothAndy Burns
`- Re: SOT: help with BluetoothGeo

1
SOT: help with Bluetooth

<sgba89$f0u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26115&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#26115

From: harroga...@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: SOT: help with Bluetooth
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 19:17:44 +0100
 by: Woody - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 18:17 UTC

My wife has just bought a pair of rather expensive hearing aids - she
has decided she would like to hear the world again! Said devices have
Bluetooth built in.

I have a B/T sender which I was able to couple up to hear bionic ears
and send music from my phone but the quality was uncomfortably poor she
says.

The primary use of B/T will with the TV when we are in our caravan so we
don't disturb neighbours.

Can anyone recommend a good B/T transmitter with 3.5mm jack or Toslink
connection that has low latency and preferably a volume control to help
matching the rest of the system gain? The TV interface (i.e. B/T sender)
that is made by the same company that makes the hearing aids costs -
wait for it - £176!!!

Re: SOT: help with Bluetooth

<5962b3a765charles@candehope.me.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26116&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#26116

From: char...@candehope.me.uk (charles)
Subject: Re: SOT: help with Bluetooth
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 20:11:43 +0100
 by: charles - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 19:11 UTC

In article <sgba89$f0u$1@dont-email.me>,
Woody <harrogate3@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> My wife has just bought a pair of rather expensive hearing aids - she
> has decided she would like to hear the world again! Said devices have
> Bluetooth built in.

> I have a B/T sender which I was able to couple up to hear bionic ears
> and send music from my phone but the quality was uncomfortably poor she
> says.

> The primary use of B/T will with the TV when we are in our caravan so we
> don't disturb neighbours.

> Can anyone recommend a good B/T transmitter with 3.5mm jack or Toslink
> connection that has low latency and preferably a volume control to help
> matching the rest of the system gain? The TV interface (i.e. B/T sender)
> that is made by the same company that makes the hearing aids costs -
> wait for it - £176!!!

I can guess the make. SWMBO bought one. It is apparently very good quality
and she can leave the room and go into the kitchen still listening to her
programme, ;)

My own HAs are too old fro this sophistry, but I have linked up a pair of
BT headphones to her transmitter and they sound good to me.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Re: SOT: help with Bluetooth

<sgbdq2$i6k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26117&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#26117

From: harroga...@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 20:18:26 +0100
 by: Woody - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 19:18 UTC

On Fri 27/08/2021 20:11, charles wrote:
> In article <sgba89$f0u$1@dont-email.me>,
> Woody <harrogate3@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> My wife has just bought a pair of rather expensive hearing aids - she
>> has decided she would like to hear the world again! Said devices have
>> Bluetooth built in.
>
>> I have a B/T sender which I was able to couple up to hear bionic ears
>> and send music from my phone but the quality was uncomfortably poor she
>> says.
>
>> The primary use of B/T will with the TV when we are in our caravan so we
>> don't disturb neighbours.
>
>> Can anyone recommend a good B/T transmitter with 3.5mm jack or Toslink
>> connection that has low latency and preferably a volume control to help
>> matching the rest of the system gain? The TV interface (i.e. B/T sender)
>> that is made by the same company that makes the hearing aids costs -
>> wait for it - £176!!!
>
> I can guess the make. SWMBO bought one. It is apparently very good quality
> and she can leave the room and go into the kitchen still listening to her
> programme, ;)
>
> My own HAs are too old fro this sophistry, but I have linked up a pair of
> BT headphones to her transmitter and they sound good to me.

Swiss made P????k would that be?

Re: SOT: help with Bluetooth

<iot03oF5ot9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26118&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#26118

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 21:26:31 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 20:26 UTC

Woody wrote:

> I was able to couple up to hear bionic ears and send music from my phone
> but the quality was uncomfortably poor

Do the hearing aids support aptX? If so, look for a sender that does too.

Re: SOT: help with Bluetooth

<5962bd010bcharles@candehope.me.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26119&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#26119

From: char...@candehope.me.uk (charles)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 21:53:52 +0100
 by: charles - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 20:53 UTC

In article <sgbdq2$i6k$1@dont-email.me>, Woody <harrogate3@ntlworld.com>
wrote:
> On Fri 27/08/2021 20:11, charles wrote:
> > In article <sgba89$f0u$1@dont-email.me>, Woody
> > <harrogate3@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >> My wife has just bought a pair of rather expensive hearing aids - she
> >> has decided she would like to hear the world again! Said devices have
> >> Bluetooth built in.
> >
> >> I have a B/T sender which I was able to couple up to hear bionic ears
> >> and send music from my phone but the quality was uncomfortably poor
> >> she says.
> >
> >> The primary use of B/T will with the TV when we are in our caravan so
> >> we don't disturb neighbours.
> >
> >> Can anyone recommend a good B/T transmitter with 3.5mm jack or Toslink
> >> connection that has low latency and preferably a volume control to
> >> help matching the rest of the system gain? The TV interface (i.e. B/T
> >> sender) that is made by the same company that makes the hearing aids
> >> costs - wait for it - £176!!!
> >
> > I can guess the make. SWMBO bought one. It is apparently very good
> > quality and she can leave the room and go into the kitchen still
> > listening to her programme, ;)
> >
> > My own HAs are too old fro this sophistry, but I have linked up a pair
> > of BT headphones to her transmitter and they sound good to me.
> >

> Swiss made P????k would that be?

Oui

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Re: SOT: help with Bluetooth

<5962be40dfcharles@candehope.me.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26120&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#26120

From: char...@candehope.me.uk (charles)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 22:07:30 +0100
 by: charles - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 21:07 UTC

In article <5962bd010bcharles@candehope.me.uk>, charles
<charles@candehope.me.uk> wrote:
> In article <sgbdq2$i6k$1@dont-email.me>, Woody <harrogate3@ntlworld.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri 27/08/2021 20:11, charles wrote:

> > > I can guess the make. SWMBO bought one. It is apparently very good
> > > quality and she can leave the room and go into the kitchen still
> > > listening to her programme, ;)
> > >
> > > My own HAs are too old fro this sophistry, but I have linked up a
> > > pair of BT headphones to her transmitter and they sound good to me.
> > >

> > Swiss made P????k would that be?

> Oui

I should also have said The great thing about SWMBO buying her own kit is
that I cannot be held responible if it plays up.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Re: SOT: help with Bluetooth

<xn0n2586jghnzp4006@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26122&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#26122

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: 27 Aug 2021 21:53:22 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 21:53 UTC

On 27/08/2021 in message <5962be40dfcharles@candehope.me.uk> charles wrote:

>I should also have said The great thing about SWMBO buying her own kit is
>that I cannot be held responible if it plays up.

But I bet you're still chief maintenance engineer?

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those

Re: SOT: help with Bluetooth

<sgcigc$1ei$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26124&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#26124

From: harroga...@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 06:44:43 +0100
 by: Woody - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 05:44 UTC

On Fri 27/08/2021 22:07, charles wrote:
> In article <5962bd010bcharles@candehope.me.uk>, charles
> <charles@candehope.me.uk> wrote:
>> In article <sgbdq2$i6k$1@dont-email.me>, Woody <harrogate3@ntlworld.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Swiss made P????k would that be?
>
>> Oui
>
> I should also have said The great thing about SWMBO buying her own kit is
> that I cannot be held responible if it plays up.

I like that!

Re: SOT: help with Bluetooth

<53ujigdems8gj0sea4h2fvc1dbpt9knf2j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26127&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#26127

From: rjf...@escapetime.myzen.co.uk (Roderick Stewart)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 09:51:50 +0100
 by: Roderick Stewart - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 08:51 UTC

On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 22:07:30 +0100, charles <charles@candehope.me.uk>
wrote:

>I should also have said The great thing about SWMBO buying her own kit is
>that I cannot be held responible if it plays up.

You'd better hope it doesn't play up to such an extent that you are
then given the responsibility for choosing something better.

Rod.

Re: SOT: help with Bluetooth

<596301ebefcharles@candehope.me.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26128&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#26128

From: char...@candehope.me.uk (charles)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 10:26:36 +0100
 by: charles - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 09:26 UTC

In article <53ujigdems8gj0sea4h2fvc1dbpt9knf2j@4ax.com>,
Roderick Stewart <rjfs@escapetime.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 22:07:30 +0100, charles <charles@candehope.me.uk>
> wrote:

> >I should also have said The great thing about SWMBO buying her own kit is
> >that I cannot be held responible if it plays up.

> You'd better hope it doesn't play up to such an extent that you are
> then given the responsibility for choosing something better.

> Rod.

I'd just turn up the volume on the TV set.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Re: SOT: help with Bluetooth

<sgd6vb$o3k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26132&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#26132

From: harroga...@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 12:34:03 +0100
 by: Woody - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 11:34 UTC

On Sat 28/08/2021 09:51, Roderick Stewart wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 22:07:30 +0100, charles <charles@candehope.me.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> I should also have said The great thing about SWMBO buying her own kit is
>> that I cannot be held responible if it plays up.
>
> You'd better hope it doesn't play up to such an extent that you are
> then given the responsibility for choosing something better.

They were eye-wateringly expensive but at least they do come with a full
4 year covers-everything guarantee!

Re: SOT: help with Bluetooth

<blacjgtmmmd5fqagprdnt6fa1fc7tt83on@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26217&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#26217

From: nhhu-o...@dea.spamcon.org (Geo)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 16:04:04 +0100
 by: Geo - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 15:04 UTC

Bit late to reply - but I bought similar (2k) expensive earpieces
three weeks ago (from place that also sell specs).
I wanted to try bluetooth from the TV and rejected the £176 device
and bought an Mpow BH390A which has volume control (but no remote
control).
It says it works best with aptX HD headphones - with zero ms delay
or with aptX Low Latency for 40ms delay. I have not found out what my
aids are - but the delay is really objectional when wife has the
speakers on as well - bad echo effect. I would not recommend the Mpow
for use with these aids unless the speakers are off.

Audio quality is ok but you can't expect hi-fi through the aids.

My opinions only.