A commune is where people join together to share their lack of wealth. -- R. Stallman

aus+uk / aus.cars / ot: Fathers day....

SubjectAuthor
* ot: Fathers day....lindsay
+* Re: ot: Fathers day....Noddy
|`- Re: ot: Fathers day....lindsay
`- Re: ot: Fathers day....Daryl

1
ot: Fathers day....

<I1hJM.80813$m8Ke.47378@fx08.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26155&group=aus.cars#26155

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Subject: ot: Fathers day....
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 19:01:27 +1000
 by: lindsay - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 09:01 UTC

wow. I normally miss father's day, as I was either working or up the
block.. This year, all different.. Wife cooked me a plate of streaky
bacon, two fried eggs (one a double yolker) a tomato and some Don stras.
Son and I had a race, he failed. :-)

Did well, got a bottle of Monkey Shoulder
https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_182786/batch-bottle-monkey-shoulder-lazy-old-fashioned-500ml
Monkey Shoulder is one of my favourite scotch's, drunk with dry ginger.
This is more of a liqueur....

Son followed up with a sixeable bag of chockys, and a few other bits... :-)

Wife handed me a card with some readies in it... promptly spent on a set
of Yamaha external speakers for out near the bbq.

Got fed one of my favourite meals, Singapore noodles and lemon
cheesecake. :-)

I've come to the idea that fathers day should be held once every month.

Re: ot: Fathers day....

<ud4di9$1eo5v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26157&group=aus.cars#26157

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: ot: Fathers day....
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 21:03:37 +1000
 by: Noddy - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 11:03 UTC

On 4/09/2023 7:01 pm, lindsay wrote:
> wow. I normally miss father's day, as I was either working or up the
> block.. This year, all different.. Wife cooked me a plate of streaky
> bacon, two fried eggs (one a double yolker) a tomato and some Don stras.
> Son and I had a race, he failed. :-)
>
> Did well, got a bottle of Monkey Shoulder
> https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_182786/batch-bottle-monkey-shoulder-lazy-old-fashioned-500ml
> Monkey Shoulder is one of my favourite scotch's, drunk with dry ginger.
> This is more of a liqueur....
>
> Son followed up with a sixeable bag of chockys, and a few other bits... :-)
>
> Wife handed me a card with some readies in it... promptly spent on a set
> of Yamaha external speakers for out near the bbq.
>
> Got fed one of my favourite meals, Singapore noodles and lemon
> cheesecake. :-)

Nice. Sounds like it was a blast at your place. I got Schnitty and chips :)

> I've come to the idea that fathers day should be held once every month.

Lol :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: ot: Fathers day....

<klm0qmF43t8U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26160&group=aus.cars#26160

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 22:28:05 +1000
 by: Daryl - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 12:28 UTC

On 4/9/2023 7:01 pm, lindsay wrote:
> wow. I normally miss father's day, as I was either working or up the
> block.. This year, all different.. Wife cooked me a plate of streaky
> bacon, two fried eggs (one a double yolker) a tomato and some Don stras.
> Son and I had a race, he failed. :-)
>
> Did well, got a bottle of Monkey Shoulder
> https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_182786/batch-bottle-monkey-shoulder-lazy-old-fashioned-500ml
> Monkey Shoulder is one of my favourite scotch's, drunk with dry ginger.
> This is more of a liqueur....
>
> Son followed up with a sixeable bag of chockys, and a few other bits... :-)
>
> Wife handed me a card with some readies in it... promptly spent on a set
> of Yamaha external speakers for out near the bbq.
>
> Got fed one of my favourite meals, Singapore noodles and lemon
> cheesecake. :-)
>
> I've come to the idea that fathers day should be held once every month.

LOL, sounds like a plan:-)

--
Daryl

Re: ot: Fathers day....

<JzYJM.622425$xMqa.327407@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26172&group=aus.cars#26172

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 20:33:10 +1000
 by: lindsay - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 10:33 UTC

On 4/09/2023 9:03 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 4/09/2023 7:01 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> wow. I normally miss father's day, as I was either working or up the
>> block.. This year, all different.. Wife cooked me a plate of streaky
>> bacon, two fried eggs (one a double yolker) a tomato and some Don
>> stras. Son and I had a race, he failed. :-)
>>
>> Did well, got a bottle of Monkey Shoulder
>> https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_182786/batch-bottle-monkey-shoulder-lazy-old-fashioned-500ml
>>
>> Monkey Shoulder is one of my favourite scotch's, drunk with dry
>> ginger. This is more of a liqueur....
>>
>> Son followed up with a sixeable bag of chockys, and a few other
>> bits... :-)
>>
>> Wife handed me a card with some readies in it... promptly spent on a
>> set of Yamaha external speakers for out near the bbq.
>>
>> Got fed one of my favourite meals, Singapore noodles and lemon
>> cheesecake. :-)
>
> Nice. Sounds like it was a blast at your place. I got Schnitty and chips :)
>
>> I've come to the idea that fathers day should be held once every month.
>
> Lol :)

Had a ball, and then a rest.! :-D Speakers have been delivered, bought
a near whole 100m roll of OX2 free speaker wire from the local Mitre 10
(closing down, boy have I scored some bargains!) for 50% off, except i
suggested to him there was only 10m left on the roll, (he agreed!) and
then (deliberately) he chose the (wrong) sticker that suggested it was
50C a metre rather than $1.79; less 50%. so I believe i got around
80-90m of speaker wire, at $1.75 pm ($140) for $2.50. I no complain. :-D

Found a whole roll of 12mm split loom tube in the shed, so install the
speakers tomorrow.

Fathers Day is awesome. :-D