Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 15:35:34 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
From: me...@privacy.net (NY)
Subject: Belmont COM4 (546 MHz) multiplex on reduced power?
 by: NY - Wed, 8 Sep 2021 14:35 UTC

I've noticed that I'm getting a lot of dropouts on a variety of channels
on COM4 from Belmont. TVHeadend and my PCTV 292e reports SNR and signal
strength for whichever multiplex it is tuned to. Whereas for all other
multiplexes it reports SNR of around 20-25 dB and strength of -38 to -43
dBm, for COM4 the SNR is 22 dB (OK) and the strength is -51 dBm (much
weaker).

Is Belmont's COM4 on reduced power, or is the very hot weather affecting
reception in what is a fairly borderline area? Is it significant that
COM4 is the mux with the highest frequency?