From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Old Trafford
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 19:56:57 +0100
 by: John Hall - Fri, 7 Apr 2023 18:56 UTC

In message <k9aimjFd0nhU1@mid.individual.net>, Richard
<richsdixon____@gmail.com> writes
>Plenty of building work still going on here but what a terrific
> ground it is as it develops more.
>
>There was an outdoor net session over lunch with the eternally
> miserable Anderson along with Mahmood and Livingstone from Lancs
> and Surrey's Tom Lawes. Lawes is looking quite sharp, I was
> disappointed he wasn't playing this match.

If he had been, it might well have been in place of Steel, so perhaps
it's as well that he didn't.

>The view from up in the gods in one of the newer stands is
> marvellous (see link below) - Pennines in the distance (unless
> someone can correct my orography).
>
>Richard
>
>https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/8mvO91Yl9AX7

I believe there's an old saying about Old Trafford: If you can see the
Pennines it means it's going to rain; if you can't see them, it's
already raining.
--
John Hall "[It was] so steep that at intervals the street broke into steps,
like a person breaking into giggles or hiccups, and then resumed

Re: Old Trafford

<0ab8595d-34bd-471a-9106-682b7ab3845fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26285&group=uk.sport.cricket#26285

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 14:47:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Fri, 7 Apr 2023 21:47 UTC

On Friday, April 7, 2023 at 8:03:00 PM UTC+1, John Hall wrote:
> In message <k9aimj...@mid.individual.net>, Richard
> <richsdi...@gmail.com> writes
> >Plenty of building work still going on here but what a terrific
> > ground it is as it develops more.
> >
> >There was an outdoor net session over lunch with the eternally
> > miserable Anderson along with Mahmood and Livingstone from Lancs
> > and Surrey's Tom Lawes. Lawes is looking quite sharp, I was
> > disappointed he wasn't playing this match.
> If he had been, it might well have been in place of Steel, so perhaps
> it's as well that he didn't.

there cant have been many leg spinners all rounders from california!

> >The view from up in the gods in one of the newer stands is
> > marvellous (see link below) - Pennines in the distance (unless
> > someone can correct my orography).
> >
> >Richard
> >
> >https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/8mvO91Yl9AX7
> >

> I believe there's an old saying about Old Trafford: If you can see the
> Pennines it means it's going to rain; if you can't see them, it's
> already raining.

its looks brilliant today though!

mike