From: hounsl...@yahoo.co.uk (hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Some_Places_Crossrail_Won’t_Go
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 17:55:13 +0000
 by: hounslow3@yahoo.co.u - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 17:55 UTC

https://railway-news.com/some-places-crossrail-wont-go/

I know that the actual opening date of Crossrail is a very closely
guarded secret, practically at state level.

Is it possible, however, that they might just avoid the fanfare and
quietly open it one fine morning?

I've heard of some cases around the world where they have simply done that.

Re: Some Places Crossrail Won?t Go

<i7Cd4+$nkgPiFA9o@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26354&group=uk.railway#26354

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Some Places Crossrail Won???t Go
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 18:25:43 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 18:25 UTC

In message <t1kvm1$181v$1@gioia.aioe.org>, at 17:55:13 on Fri, 25 Mar
2022, "hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk" <hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk> remarked:
>https://railway-news.com/some-places-crossrail-wont-go/
>
>I know that the actual opening date of Crossrail is a very closely
>guarded secret, practically at state level.
>
>Is it possible, however, that they might just avoid the fanfare and
>quietly open it one fine morning?
>
>I've heard of some cases around the world where they have simply done that.

It happens quite a lot, called a "soft launch". Despite the well
publicised press trips a couple of weeks ago, we are running out of
March as the opening month. next milestone is Easter, perhaps.
--
Roland Perry

Re: Some Places Crossrail Won’t Go

<t1lch9$7tt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26370&group=uk.railway#26370

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Some Places Crossrail Won’t
Go
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 21:34:33 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:pvbSsjkBGxosa8zUkh45z5n1P9I=
 by: Recliner - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 21:34 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
> In message <t1kvm1$181v$1@gioia.aioe.org>, at 17:55:13 on Fri, 25 Mar
> 2022, "hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk" <hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk> remarked:
>> https://railway-news.com/some-places-crossrail-wont-go/
>>
>> I know that the actual opening date of Crossrail is a very closely
>> guarded secret, practically at state level.
>>
>> Is it possible, however, that they might just avoid the fanfare and
>> quietly open it one fine morning?
>>
>> I've heard of some cases around the world where they have simply done that.
>
> It happens quite a lot, called a "soft launch". Despite the well
> publicised press trips a couple of weeks ago, we are running out of
> March as the opening month. next milestone is Easter, perhaps.

It does appear that the date has been chosen, and it's very close, but it's
being kept secret for now, presumably just in case there's some last minute
hitch. I think the trials have been completed, followed by the press trips,
and it's now running a shadow 5 minute timetabled service. There's some
final software updates due to be applied over Easter, and opening could
come soon after that, so April remains possible.

Apparently one remaining issue, which won't delay the opening, is problems
with the auto-reversal of the trains at Paddington. I don't have details of
what the problems are. And Bond Street probably won't open till at least
late summer.