You will be surrounded by luxury.

aus+uk / uk.people.silversurfers / Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.

SubjectAuthor
* GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.Bill P
+- Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.Herbie
+- Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.Indy Jess John
`* Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +
 `* Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.Indy Jess John
  `* Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +
   +* Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.Indy Jess John
   |`- Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +
   `* Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.Who, me?
    `* Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.Bri.
     `- Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +

1
GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.

<snfkud$jo1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2611&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2611

From: bill.pa...@my.home (Bill P)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 08:38:42 +0000
 by: Bill P - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 08:38 UTC

Bright cloudless sky, no wind but very cold.
Hope all are well or mending.
Have a nice day and stay safe.
--
Bill P.
Shildon,

https://www.avg.com

Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.

<b0mmpgt7duv2n85fa9vb7eo1mgo2b7hjb3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2612&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2612

From: inva...@invalid.com (Herbie)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 08:43:04 +0000
 by: Herbie - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 08:43 UTC

On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 08:38:42 +0000, Bill P <bill.payer@my.home> wrote:

>Bright cloudless sky, no wind but very cold.
>Hope all are well or mending.
>Have a nice day and stay safe.
>--
>Bill P.
Good morning from Dorset.
Bright sunny star with moderate breeze.
The current temperature is 3.2C 37.7F.
and a pressure of 1031mb.

Take care and stay safe.

Herbie.

Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.

<snfqn5$op9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2614&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2614

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 10:17:08 +0000
 by: Indy Jess John - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 10:17 UTC

On 22/11/2021 08:38, Bill P wrote:
> Bright cloudless sky, no wind but very cold.
> Hope all are well or mending.
> Have a nice day and stay safe.

Good morning from Somerset.
44F and 1031mb. After a cold night leaving plenty of dew on the parked
cars, it has been a sunny morning with just a few light clouds floating
in an almost completely blue sky. The wind has dropped a lot since
yesterday, but it is still a light breeze from a cold direction.

Best wishes to everybody.

Jim

Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.

<j01vrtF5p07U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2615&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2615

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 16:47:03 -0000
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? + - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 16:47 UTC

Bill P wrote:
> Bright cloudless sky, no wind but very cold.
> Hope all are well or mending.
> Have a nice day and stay safe.

Apologies for my lateness, but my broadband has been playing up. I
drafted out my GMT post around 10:00 but I couldn't get it further than
my outbox, with message that "can't find server". Then I lost all
Internet connection. Anyhow to save any more hassle, I got back on
line in dubious fashion after umpeen reboots of everything including 3
routers. Plusnet couldn't help and had no idea what was going on
either. Anyhow to save any more ado I'll try and post what should have
been posted around 10:00:
" Mornin' from a dry, clear, bright and sunny day in South
Yorkshire.
Mind you it does still feel a tad chilly. Temperature out there is
8.1�C (46.6�F), barometric pressure is still on the up at 1032.8 mB
with RH showing as 71% and slowly dropping. Forecast is for much of the
same until the early evening when it will cloud over somewhat. However
the overnight temperature will drop to around freezing point. Have a
great day everyone.
Up at 06:00 this morning as I was expecting another Hotpoint
engineer to visit at any time after 07:15. Sootie was disgusted, went
downstairs, sniffed around a bit then went back upstairs to her bed. I
moved things abound in the kitchen, including the gas cooker so that
the engineer could easily get the washer/drier out from it's position
under the draining board without too much bother. I needn't have
bothered. He diagnosed the fault from the pattern of the flashing
neons on the display panel. Of course, it was a different person from
the first engineer, so the 3 heaters, motor and other miscellaneous
bits he was given were superfluous. So he had to order a new circuit
board and make me another appointment for Thursday 25th, this week. I
don't really know what is going on with their service dept. Everything
seems so inefficient. He's left the new motor and heater with me for
the next engineer to have, just in case!!!!
Sootie's still asleep and Tabby has been and breakfasted around
09:30."

Update: Tabby had a brunch and Sootie eventually got up had a hearty
dinner, about half an hour ago and went out to frolic and freeze under
a really clear sky.
--
Heard messages are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�2�+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..

Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.

<snh28s$oql$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2619&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2619

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 21:32:12 +0000
 by: Indy Jess John - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 21:32 UTC

On 22/11/2021 16:47, Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°2¹ + wrote:
> Of course, it was a different person from
> the first engineer, so the 3 heaters, motor and other miscellaneous
> bits he was given were superfluous.

I had a similar experience with getting a dishwasher repaired. First
engineer was sure of what was wrong but didn't have the part. Second
(different) engineer arrived with the part he had been asked to fit and
discovered it was the wrong type. Third Engineer arrived with the
correct part but tested the machine before fitting it and found
something else wrong. Fourth engineer arrived with lots of bits (just
in case), fitted the one obviously needed because the original had got a
small rust hole in a position where it couldn't normally be seen but
became visible when dismantled for fitting the part the third engineer
had brought.

It all worked OK in the end, but the series of "I haven't fixed it, you
will need another visit which I will book for you" and the wait until my
slot came round meant I was without the dishwasher for over a fortnight.

Jim

Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.

<j02m3fF9ub2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2620&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2620

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 23:06:26 -0000
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? + - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 23:06 UTC

Indy Jess John wrote:
> On 22/11/2021 16:47, Flyi�g �u� 2�2� + wrote:
>> Of course, it was a different person from
>> the first engineer, so the 3 heaters, motor and other miscellaneous
>> bits he was given were superfluous.
>
> I had a similar experience with getting a dishwasher repaired. First
> engineer was sure of what was wrong but didn't have the part. Second
> (different) engineer arrived with the part he had been asked to fit
> and discovered it was the wrong type. Third Engineer arrived with the
> correct part but tested the machine before fitting it and found
> something else wrong. Fourth engineer arrived with lots of bits (just
> in case), fitted the one obviously needed because the original had
> got a small rust hole in a position where it couldn't normally be
> seen but became visible when dismantled for fitting the part the
> third engineer had brought.
>
> It all worked OK in the end, but the series of "I haven't fixed it,
> you will need another visit which I will book for you" and the wait
> until my slot came round meant I was without the dishwasher for over
> a fortnight.
> Jim

I'm getting to know what that feels like Jim. The parts already here:
the first engineer ordered them, are 3 different shape and size
immersion heaters, some sort of sensor and a box containing 1 (I think)
electric motor. The next engineer to attend on Thursday should be
bringing a circuit board assembly. God only knows what engineer 4 will
have to bring. Who knows? I might soon get a complete brand new
washer/drier delivered. They told me that under normal circumstances a
call out and repair costs around �180 overall. So let's see, they've
already come out twice and one arranged for Thursday. That's 3 at �180.
How much would a new machine cost? ;)
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�2�+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..
flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com

Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.

<snha7f$e8b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2621&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2621

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 23:47:59 +0000
 by: Indy Jess John - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 23:47 UTC

On 22/11/2021 23:06, Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°2¹ + wrote:
> Indy Jess John wrote:
>> On 22/11/2021 16:47, Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°2¹ + wrote:
>>> Of course, it was a different person from
>>> the first engineer, so the 3 heaters, motor and other miscellaneous
>>> bits he was given were superfluous.
>>
>> I had a similar experience with getting a dishwasher repaired. First
>> engineer was sure of what was wrong but didn't have the part. Second
>> (different) engineer arrived with the part he had been asked to fit
>> and discovered it was the wrong type. Third Engineer arrived with the
>> correct part but tested the machine before fitting it and found
>> something else wrong. Fourth engineer arrived with lots of bits (just
>> in case), fitted the one obviously needed because the original had
>> got a small rust hole in a position where it couldn't normally be
>> seen but became visible when dismantled for fitting the part the
>> third engineer had brought.
>>
>> It all worked OK in the end, but the series of "I haven't fixed it,
>> you will need another visit which I will book for you" and the wait
>> until my slot came round meant I was without the dishwasher for over
>> a fortnight.
>> Jim
>>
> I'm getting to know what that feels like Jim. The parts already here:
> the first engineer ordered them, are 3 different shape and size
> immersion heaters, some sort of sensor and a box containing 1 (I think)
> electric motor. The next engineer to attend on Thursday should be
> bringing a circuit board assembly. God only knows what engineer 4 will
> have to bring. Who knows? I might soon get a complete brand new
> washer/drier delivered. They told me that under normal circumstances a
> call out and repair costs around £180 overall. So let's see, they've
> already come out twice and one arranged for Thursday. That's 3 at £180.
> How much would a new machine cost? ;)

About £540?
;-)
Jim

Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.

<snigae$rov$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2624&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2624

From: who...@me.nul (Who, me?)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 10:38:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Who, me? - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 10:38 UTC

On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 23:06:26 +0000, Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°2¹ + wrote:

> I'm getting to know what that feels like Jim. The parts already here:
> the first engineer ordered them, are 3 different shape and size
> immersion heaters, some sort of sensor and a box containing 1 (I think)
> electric motor. The next engineer to attend on Thursday should be
> bringing a circuit board assembly. God only knows what engineer 4 will
> have to bring. Who knows? I might soon get a complete brand new
> washer/drier delivered. They told me that under normal circumstances a
> call out and repair costs around £180 overall. So let's see, they've
> already come out twice and one arranged for Thursday. That's 3 at £180.
> How much would a new machine cost? ;)

I think I may have suggested to you that it would be cheaper to buy a new
machine, maybe I should also have said that it would have been delivered,
installed and the old one removed in a far shorter time period than
this.... :)

--
david

Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.

<j041dvFhl3cU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2626&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2626

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 11:25:54 -0000
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? + - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 11:25 UTC

Indy Jess John wrote:
> On 22/11/2021 23:06, Flyi�g �u� 2�2� + wrote:
>>>
>>> I had a similar experience with getting a dishwasher repaired. First
>>> engineer was sure of what was wrong but didn't have the part. Second
>>> (different) engineer arrived with the part he had been asked to fit
>>> and discovered it was the wrong type. Third Engineer arrived with
>>> the correct part but tested the machine before fitting it and found
>>> something else wrong. Fourth engineer arrived with lots of bits
>>> (just in case), fitted the one obviously needed because the
>>> original had got a small rust hole in a position where it couldn't
>>> normally be seen but became visible when dismantled for fitting the
>>> part the third engineer had brought.
>>>
>>> It all worked OK in the end, but the series of "I haven't fixed it,
>>> you will need another visit which I will book for you" and the wait
>>> until my slot came round meant I was without the dishwasher for over
>>> a fortnight.
>>> Jim
>>>
>> I'm getting to know what that feels like Jim. The parts already
>> here: the first engineer ordered them, are 3 different shape and size
>> immersion heaters, some sort of sensor and a box containing 1 (I
>> think) electric motor. The next engineer to attend on Thursday
>> should be bringing a circuit board assembly. God only knows what
>> engineer 4 will have to bring. Who knows? I might soon get a
>> complete brand new washer/drier delivered. They told me that under
>> normal circumstances a call out and repair costs around �180
>> overall. So let's see, they've already come out twice and one
>> arranged for Thursday. That's 3 at �180. How much would a new
>> machine cost? ;)
>
> About �540?
> ;-)
> Jim

So a couple more visits should easily make me eligible for a new one
don't you think?
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�2�+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..
flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com

Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.

<x8j7bu3b199n$.11jg5bmhp135l.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2627&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2627

From: Bri...@Derby.invalid (Bri.)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 16:14:18 +0000
 by: Bri. - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 16:14 UTC

Who, me? wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 23:06:26 +0000, Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°2¹ + wrote:
>
>> How much would a new machine cost? ;)
>
> I think I may have suggested to you that it would be cheaper to buy a new
> machine, maybe I should also have said that it would have been delivered,
> installed and the old one removed in a far shorter time period than
> this.... :)

Plus: If purchased from Currys with a "Care & Repair" plan at £5 per
calendar month, as we did a couple of weeks ago, it would include
breakdown support as required without further expense.

If the machine is beyond repair / takes more than 7 days to repair or
fails after the second repair you can ask for a free replacement
(purchase and installation).

One free valet service (including inside and outside, soap drawer,
door and seat etc.
--
Bri.
(W11 Laptop)

Re: GMT Monday 22nd November 2021.

<j06letF2ht8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2635&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2635

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 11:20:02 -0000
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? + - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 11:20 UTC

Bri. wrote:
> Who, me? wrote:
>> On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 23:06:26 +0000, Flyi�g �u� 2�2� + wrote:
>>
>>> How much would a new machine cost? ;)
>>
>> I think I may have suggested to you that it would be cheaper to buy
>> a new machine, maybe I should also have said that it would have been
>> delivered, installed and the old one removed in a far shorter time
>> period than this.... :)
>
> Plus: If purchased from Currys with a "Care & Repair" plan at �5 per
> calendar month, as we did a couple of weeks ago, it would include
> breakdown support as required without further expense.
>
> If the machine is beyond repair / takes more than 7 days to repair or
> fails after the second repair you can ask for a free replacement
> (purchase and installation).
>
> One free valet service (including inside and outside, soap drawer,
> door and seat etc.
..
We'll see what happens . My machine is 14 years old and never been on a
service plan since I bought it. I have negotiated a deal with D & E
that they will repair the machine free of charge but then, after a
successful repair, will hold me in a 12 month service plan for a monthly
payment of �19-45 (for the year). So far there have been a couple of
engineer's visits, two diagnoses and a third visit tomorrow. So far I
now have 3 new heater coil configurations, a sensor (of some kind
presumable for temperature)
and a quite heavy electric motor. The engineer tomorrow should be
bringing some replaceable electronic circuitry, but heave only knows if
he will give a different diagnosis, order some more parts and arrange a
4th visit. At this rate the machine should be like a completely new
machine inside. The only bits they say they can't replace are the
chassis and external body as most other things are interchangeable with
other machines and used in modern machines.