There's small choice in rotten apples. -- William Shakespeare, "The Taming of the Shrew"

aus+uk / uk.tech.digital-tv / Re: Skipping advertisements

SubjectAuthor
* Skipping advertisementsRichard Tobin
+* Re: Skipping advertisementsDave W
|+* Re: Skipping advertisementsJeff Layman
||`- Re: Skipping advertisementsDave W
|+* Re: Skipping advertisementsPeterC
||`* Re: Skipping advertisementsMax Demian
|| `- Re: Skipping advertisementsPeterC
|`- Re: Skipping advertisementsalan_m
+- Re: Skipping advertisementsIndy Jess John
+- Re: Skipping advertisementsJohn Hall
+* Re: Skipping advertisementsJeff Layman
|+* Re: Skipping advertisementsRichard Tobin
||`* Re: Skipping advertisementsMark Carver
|| `- Re: Skipping advertisementsRichard Tobin
|`* Re: Skipping advertisementsalan_m
| `- Re: Skipping advertisementsJeff Layman
+* Re: Skipping advertisementsJeff Layman
|`* Re: Skipping advertisementsMark Carver
| `* Re: Skipping advertisementsJeff Layman
|  +- Re: Skipping advertisementsJeff Layman
|  `- Re: Skipping advertisementsMax Demian
+* Re: Skipping advertisementsBrian Gaff \(Sofa\)
|`* Re: Skipping advertisementsMax Demian
| `* Re: Skipping advertisementsChris J Dixon
|  `- Re: Skipping advertisementsBrian Gaff \(Sofa\)
`- Re: Skipping advertisementsJNugent

Pages:12
Re: Skipping advertisements

<shhq4g$v2l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26363&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#26363

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: Skipping advertisements
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 09:41:47 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Sat, 11 Sep 2021 08:41 UTC

I've noticed that say, in a drama like Vera, fore example there are few
breaks in the early part but masses in the later parts which tends to make
the end very hard to follow, at least for me. This is no doubt done as they
assume you are hooked by then in the way the story unfolds and trying to
guess the real culprit out of the many suspects.

One thing that is interesting on a slightly allied subject is audio
described commercials, there are quite a lot of them now on most stations
with audio described content, but I'd have thought any freeview channel
would be able to send this track but it appears not as if, say the audio
described Virgin or Waitrose commercials appear on stations like the CBS
ones there is no AD on the same commercials, even though it has to be there
on the supplied data stream they get.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk