Isn't this my STOP?!

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: A day at Lords - Middlesex v Notts

SubjectAuthor
* A day at Lords - Middlesex v NottsRobert Henderson
+* Re: A day at Lords - Middlesex v NottsNajeeb ybo
|`* Re: A day at Lords - Middlesex v NottsMike Holmans
| `- Re: A day at Lords - Middlesex v NottsRobert Henderson
+- Re: A day at Lords - Middlesex v NottsRobert Henderson
`* Re: A day at Lords - Middlesex v NottsRobert Henderson
 `* Re: A day at Lords - Middlesex v NottsNajeeb ybo
  `- Re: A day at Lords - Middlesex v NottsRobert Henderson

1
A day at Lords - Middlesex v Notts

<8ef37e06-4293-4137-8cd8-ae739dfed30bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26409&group=uk.sport.cricket#26409

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 03:34:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A day at Lords - Middlesex v Notts
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 10:34 UTC

I went yesterday and will go for either Saturday or Sunday.

A very attractive and secure hundred from Duchkett.

Lyndon James also looked a polished batman. If his bowling matches his batting England will have a very handy all rounded.

On the Middlesec side Roland Jone bowled well, as he always does in my experiences but Bamber was the standout bowler bowling with real hostility.

A word on Lord's architecture. The MCC cannot be held responsible for the monstrosities lining the Grace Gate side of the ground but they are responsible for the medley of different stand styles. When will they learn that a stand is a stand not e architectural statement,.

RH

Re: A day at Lords - Middlesex v Notts

<c9f22d57-00ab-448a-82b7-8447d2648167n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26412&group=uk.sport.cricket#26412

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 05:34:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: A day at Lords - Middlesex v Notts
From: najeeb...@gmail.com (Najeeb ybo)
 by: Najeeb ybo - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 12:34 UTC

On Friday, 21 April 2023 at 11:34:40 UTC+1, Robert Henderson wrote:
> I went yesterday and will go for either Saturday or Sunday.

'Course you did Robert.

> A very attractive and secure hundred from Duchkett.

Is he from Holland?

> Lyndon James also looked a polished batman. If his bowling matches his batting England will have a very handy all rounded.

"A well polished batman"; is that a brass ornament of some kind? Maybe a souvenirfrom Gotham?
All rounded what?

> On the Middlesec side Roland Jone bowled well, as he always does in my experiences but Bamber was the standout bowler bowling with real hostility.
>
> A word on Lord's architecture. The MCC cannot be held responsible for the monstrosities lining the Grace Gate side of the ground but they are responsible for the medley of different stand styles. When will they learn that a stand is a stand not e architectural statement,.

Is it the authority of the state that qualifies you as a consultant architect?

> RH

Re: A day at Lords - Middlesex v Notts

<f0ffd98d-067f-4cfe-8385-b8ca4d7e945en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26413&group=uk.sport.cricket#26413

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 06:01:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 13:01 UTC

On Friday, April 21, 2023 at 11:34:40 AM UTC+1, Robert Henderson wrote:
> I went yesterday and will go for either Saturday or Sunday.
>
> A very attractive and secure hundred from Duchkett.
>
> Lyndon James also looked a polished batman. If his bowling matches his batting England will have a very handy all rounded.
>
> On the Middlesec side Roland Jone bowled well, as he always does in my experiences but Bamber was the standout bowler bowling with real hostility.
>
> A word on Lord's architecture. The MCC cannot be held responsible for the monstrosities lining the Grace Gate side of the ground but they are responsible for the medley of different stand styles. When will they learn that a stand is a stand not e architectural statement,.
>
> RH

Oh dear,it has mused the point yet again. My objection to the building programme at Lords has resulted in an an incoherent mixture of styles. RH

Re: A day at Lords - Middlesex v Notts

<71754ils6ke6smg3teooudsjf2dh18np6n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26415&group=uk.sport.cricket#26415

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 15:38:11 +0100
 by: Mike Holmans - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 14:38 UTC

On Fri, 21 Apr 2023 05:34:47 -0700 (PDT), Najeeb ybo
<najeebybo@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, 21 April 2023 at 11:34:40 UTC+1, Robert Henderson wrote:

>> A word on Lord's architecture. The MCC cannot be held responsible for the monstrosities lining the Grace Gate side of the ground but they are responsible for the medley of different stand styles. When will they learn that a stand is a stand not e architectural statement,.
>>

>Is it the authority of the state that qualifies you as a consultant architect?

A building as significant as a stand is an architectural statement,
whatever else it is. It may be an extremely boring statement or a very
silly statement, but it is still a statement. Lord's is a statement of
continuous renewal.

At one end of the ground is the Victorian Pavilion. At the other is
the extremely modern media centre. So, while preserving history, it
also embraces the future.

For major matches, we require different levels of comfort and
facilities for different groups of spectators on the Saturday of the
Ashes Test. (All design decisions at Lord's are based on the Saturday
of an Ashes Test, that being the fullest the ground ever gets.) Making
all the stands identical would make that impossible. So, as the
continuous replacement of stands rolls on, we take the best and most
cost-effective contemporary design for the kind of stand we want
there.

Obviously, that it offends someone who belongs in the museum behind
the Pav adds to the benefit.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: A day at Lords - Middlesex v Notts

<fd47d0ab-3891-4a96-b4e5-9a84f1488854n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26416&group=uk.sport.cricket#26416

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 07:49:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 14:49 UTC

On Friday, April 21, 2023 at 3:38:15 PM UTC+1, Mike Holmans wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Apr 2023 05:34:47 -0700 (PDT), Najeeb ybo
> <naje...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, 21 April 2023 at 11:34:40 UTC+1, Robert Henderson wrote:
>
> >> A word on Lord's architecture. The MCC cannot be held responsible for the monstrosities lining the Grace Gate side of the ground but they are responsible for the medley of different stand styles. When will they learn that a stand is a stand not e architectural statement,.
> >>

> >Is it the authority of the state that qualifies you as a consultant architect?
> >>
> A building as significant as a stand is an architectural statement,
> whatever else it is. It may be an extremely boring statement or a very
> silly statement, but it is still a statement. Lord's is a statement of
> continuous renewal.
>
> At one end of the ground is the Victorian Pavilion. At the other is
> the extremely modern media centre. So, while preserving history, it
> also embraces the future.
>
> For major matches, we require different levels of comfort and
> facilities for different groups of spectators on the Saturday of the
> Ashes Test. (All design decisions at Lord's are based on the Saturday
> of an Ashes Test, that being the fullest the ground ever gets.) Making
> all the stands identical would make that impossible. So, as the
> continuous replacement of stands rolls on, we take the best and most
> cost-effective contemporary design for the kind of stand we want
> there.
>
> Obviously, that it offends someone who belongs in the museum behind
> the Pav adds to the benefit.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike

"Quick, nurse, sedate the patient immediately ... RH

Re: A day at Lords - Middlesex v Notts

<580015c0-71fc-4691-8874-0e091619a3efn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26427&group=uk.sport.cricket#26427

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 23:24:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 06:24 UTC

On Friday, April 21, 2023 at 11:34:40 AM UTC+1, Robert Henderson wrote:
> I went yesterday and will go for either Saturday or Sunday.
>
> A very attractive and secure hundred from Duchkett.
>
> Lyndon James also looked a polished batman. If his bowling matches his batting England will have a very handy all rounded.
>
> On the Middlesec side Roland Jone bowled well, as he always does in my experiences but Bamber was the standout bowler bowling with real hostility.
>
> A word on Lord's architecture. The MCC cannot be held responsible for the monstrosities lining the Grace Gate side of the ground but they are responsible for the medley of different stand styles. When will they learn that a stand is a stand not e architectural statement,.
>
> RH

I went on bolt Saturday and Sunday .

A good finish with Middlesex getting an unexpected win bearing in mind their awful start to the season. For once their batting held up. It could be that the fact they were chasing a target focused their minds.

James followed up his impressive batting with lively bowling . He is not outright fast but but was easily the fastest of the bowlers on either side. He is young enough to put on a yard of pace.

Broad looked up for another season and looked like the best bowler on either side.

The one disappointment of the game was the small amount of spin seen,. .

What this and the other CC matches at Lords this season have indubitably shown is that it is horribly cold playing games this early in the year. RH

Re: A day at Lords - Middlesex v Notts

<3105b45e-a88a-427f-a25c-cfaac8257995n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26428&group=uk.sport.cricket#26428

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 23:58:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: najeeb...@gmail.com (Najeeb ybo)
 by: Najeeb ybo - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 06:58 UTC

On Monday, 24 April 2023 at 07:24:50 UTC+1, Robert Henderson wrote:
> On Friday, April 21, 2023 at 11:34:40 AM UTC+1, Robert Henderson wrote:
> > I went yesterday and will go for either Saturday or Sunday.
> >
> > A very attractive and secure hundred from Duchkett.
> >
> > Lyndon James also looked a polished batman. If his bowling matches his batting England will have a very handy all rounded.
> >
> > On the Middlesec side Roland Jone bowled well, as he always does in my experiences but Bamber was the standout bowler bowling with real hostility.
> >
> > A word on Lord's architecture. The MCC cannot be held responsible for the monstrosities lining the Grace Gate side of the ground but they are responsible for the medley of different stand styles. When will they learn that a stand is a stand not e architectural statement,.
> >
> > RH
> I went on bolt Saturday and Sunday .

'Course you did Robert, 'course you did.

Re: A day at Lords - Middlesex v Notts

<12d8900a-f23d-4c9e-bccb-0dd860193680n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26429&group=uk.sport.cricket#26429

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 01:22:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 08:22 UTC

On Monday, April 24, 2023 at 7:58:31 AM UTC+1, Najeeb ybo wrote:
> On Monday, 24 April 2023 at 07:24:50 UTC+1, Robert Henderson wrote:
> > On Friday, April 21, 2023 at 11:34:40 AM UTC+1, Robert Henderson wrote:
> > > I went yesterday and will go for either Saturday or Sunday.
> > >
> > > A very attractive and secure hundred from Duchkett.
> > >
> > > Lyndon James also looked a polished batman. If his bowling matches his batting England will have a very handy all rounded.
> > >
> > > On the Middlesec side Roland Jone bowled well, as he always does in my experiences but Bamber was the standout bowler bowling with real hostility.
> > >
> > > A word on Lord's architecture. The MCC cannot be held responsible for the monstrosities lining the Grace Gate side of the ground but they are responsible for the medley of different stand styles. When will they learn that a stand is a stand not e architectural statement,.
> > >
> > > RH
> > I went on bolt Saturday and Sunday .
> >

> 'Course you did Robert, 'course you did.

"One of the patients is copying doctor...RH

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: A day at Lords - Middlesex v Notts