Well, Jim, I'm not much of an actor either.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Clueless? Right Back At You!

SubjectAuthor
* Clueless? Right Back At You!alvey
+- Re: Clueless? Right Back At You!Xeno
+- Re: Clueless? Right Back At You!Xeno
`* Re: Clueless? Right Back At You!Clocky
 +- Re: Clueless? Right Back At You!Yosemite Sam
 +* Re: Clueless? Right Back At You!alvey
 |`- Re: Clueless? Right Back At You!Xeno
 `- Re: Clueless? Right Back At You!Xeno

1
Clueless? Right Back At You!

<uegnm0$3ch3k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26531&group=aus.cars#26531

From: Paddy.O....@Coast.org (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Clueless? Right Back At You!
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 06:26:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: alvey - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 06:26 UTC

On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 12:11:39 +1000, Noddy wrote:

> On 21/09/2023 10:20 am, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:

>>> Cup of meat?? Wha??? The usual metaphor is *cup of tea*.
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Here she is, Flouting her ignorance.. (As per.)
>
> "Clueless" doesn't begin to describe this ignoramus, but then we've seen
> examples of that so many times it's not funny. The only thing that still
> *is* funny is he's too fucking stupid to learn from his own mistakes and
> continues to try to be the centre of the universe at the expense of
> making a total fucking flog of himself.

Gasp! That's verbatim what many people have said about The Fraudster.

Anyhoo... Speaking of being "clueless"... Guess who dogmatically declared
thus back in '07.

"On average, on a dry asphalt road you will stop in a shorter distance
with locked brakes than you will with ABS controlled brakes".

And, "My testing wasn't anything scientific(which suited me as
scientific tests hardly ever reflect real world incidents), and basically
involved nothing more than a bunch of har stops on a straight deserted road
with & without the ABS module working at various speeds, and measuring the
stopping distance.

As I said it wasn't hyper accurate, but gave repeatable average results
that were close enough to get a fair idea.

I can't recall the stopping distances themselves now, but what I found that
in almost every case where the car had the ABS disconnected (and I'm
talking 9 out 10 attemps with different cars) it actually stopped in a
shorter distance with one or more wheels locked up in a "panic stop" than
with the abs functioning. The difference was the manner in which it
stopped.

Without the ABS working, most cars would lock their rears and get out of
shape quite quickly, although there were some that remained perfectly
straight with locked up brakes. However, in doing so most would stop a few
meters shorter than with the ABS working (and I think the largest
discrepancy was around 4 meters which is a huge difference)".

Thread= https://tinyurl.com/5998e7kr

Note: Surprisingly, as well as the quoted bonehead above, Clocky & Daryl
also took part in this informative thread.

alvey

Re: Clueless? Right Back At You!

<kn278iF7jquU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26535&group=aus.cars#26535

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Clueless? Right Back At You!
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 16:47:46 +1000
 by: Xeno - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 06:47 UTC

On 21/9/2023 4:26 pm, alvey wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 12:11:39 +1000, Noddy wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> Here she is, Flouting her ignorance.. (As per.)
>>
>> "Clueless" doesn't begin to describe this ignoramus, but then we've seen
>> examples of that so many times it's not funny. The only thing that still
>> *is* funny is he's too fucking stupid to learn from his own mistakes and
>> continues to try to be the centre of the universe at the expense of
>> making a total fucking flog of himself.
>
> Gasp! That's verbatim what many people have said about The Fraudster.
>
> Anyhoo... Speaking of being "clueless"... Guess who dogmatically declared
> thus back in '07.
>
> "On average, on a dry asphalt road you will stop in a shorter distance
> with locked brakes than you will with ABS controlled brakes".
>
> And, "My testing wasn't anything scientific(which suited me as
> scientific tests hardly ever reflect real world incidents), and basically
> involved nothing more than a bunch of har stops on a straight deserted road
> with & without the ABS module working at various speeds, and measuring the
> stopping distance.
>
> As I said it wasn't hyper accurate, but gave repeatable average results
> that were close enough to get a fair idea.
>
> I can't recall the stopping distances themselves now, but what I found that
> in almost every case where the car had the ABS disconnected (and I'm
> talking 9 out 10 attemps with different cars) it actually stopped in a
> shorter distance with one or more wheels locked up in a "panic stop" than
> with the abs functioning. The difference was the manner in which it
> stopped.
>
> Without the ABS working, most cars would lock their rears and get out of
> shape quite quickly, although there were some that remained perfectly
> straight with locked up brakes. However, in doing so most would stop a few
> meters shorter than with the ABS working (and I think the largest
> discrepancy was around 4 meters which is a huge difference)".
>
> Thread= https://tinyurl.com/5998e7kr
>
> Note: Surprisingly, as well as the quoted bonehead above, Clocky & Daryl
> also took part in this informative thread.
>

> alvey

Before my time. I notice there were quite a few posters then that were
not here when I arrived in aus.cars. Darren must have chased them away.
Or they realised he was a bullshit artist.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Clueless? Right Back At You!

<kn2eikF8tu2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26538&group=aus.cars#26538

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 18:52:35 +1000
 by: Xeno - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 08:52 UTC

On 21/9/2023 4:26 pm, alvey wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 12:11:39 +1000, Noddy wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> Here she is, Flouting her ignorance.. (As per.)
>>
>> "Clueless" doesn't begin to describe this ignoramus, but then we've seen
>> examples of that so many times it's not funny. The only thing that still
>> *is* funny is he's too fucking stupid to learn from his own mistakes and
>> continues to try to be the centre of the universe at the expense of
>> making a total fucking flog of himself.
>
> Gasp! That's verbatim what many people have said about The Fraudster.
>
> Anyhoo... Speaking of being "clueless"... Guess who dogmatically declared
> thus back in '07.
>
> "On average, on a dry asphalt road you will stop in a shorter distance
> with locked brakes than you will with ABS controlled brakes".

The above cite is *utter bullshit*. It's quite apparent the clown has no
idea of limiting friction in terms of static friction. Limiting friction
is the *maximum* level of static friction achieved, and the maximum
deceleration, *just before* the objects in question begin to slip - in
this case, the tyre's grip on the road. Once the tyre commences
slipping, it moves into steady state *static friction* mode which is
*always* less than limiting friction. How much less is determined by the
fiction level of the surfaces involved and the interposition of any
lubricant between the surfaces. Everyone who has driven a car, and
braked in the wet, can attest to the fact that static friction is less
than limiting friction because the car will *seem to speed up* once the
wheels lock. The vehicle hasn't actually sped up but the *rate of
deceleration* has reduced and that, to the driver, feels like the car is
speeding up. Especially noticeable on a wet road lockup!
A locked wheel has braking effect, but the tyre contact patch on the
road isn't ideal for energy dissipation, that's what the brakes are
designed to do. As long as the wheels are rolling, the brakes are
performing their energy dissipation function and they will be doing that
much more effectively than any driver possibly could.

> And, "My testing wasn't anything scientific(which suited me as

Nothing Darren does could ever be construed as scientific.

> scientific tests hardly ever reflect real world incidents), and basically

Scientific tests do something that the real world doesn't, they provide
the tester with the ability to hold and control certain variables, ie,
provide a *controlled environment* where unwanted variables have no
influence or can be controlled so that they don't.

> involved nothing more than a bunch of har stops on a straight deserted road
> with & without the ABS module working at various speeds, and measuring the
> stopping distance.
>
> As I said it wasn't hyper accurate, but gave repeatable average results
> that were close enough to get a fair idea.
>
> I can't recall the stopping distances themselves now, but what I found that

Of course not. The test only ever appeared in Darren's imagination so
were not *recorded*.

> in almost every case where the car had the ABS disconnected (and I'm
> talking 9 out 10 attemps with different cars) it actually stopped in a
> shorter distance with one or more wheels locked up in a "panic stop" than
> with the abs functioning. The difference was the manner in which it
> stopped.
>
> Without the ABS working, most cars would lock their rears and get out of
> shape quite quickly, although there were some that remained perfectly
> straight with locked up brakes. However, in doing so most would stop a few
> meters shorter than with the ABS working (and I think the largest
> discrepancy was around 4 meters which is a huge difference)".

What Darren fails to realise is that locked wheel braking is less than
threshold braking (point of maximum grip) but will be some 30% less
effective on a dry road than unlocked braking. What really matters is
that locked wheels cannot be steered. Not all of us are racing drivers,
though there are those who *think they are*, so inexpert at the usual
methods of dealing with locked front wheels - avoidance braking and
cadence braking. ABS uses cadence braking techniques so provides drivers
with the means to steer and brake but does it much faster than a driver
possibly could. Since ABS retains the ability to steer, avoidance
braking techniques aren't required. I'll stick with ABS.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Clueless? Right Back At You!

<ueh0tt$3ecda$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26540&group=aus.cars#26540

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 17:03:20 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 09:03 UTC

On 21/09/2023 2:26 pm, alvey wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 12:11:39 +1000, Noddy wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> Here she is, Flouting her ignorance.. (As per.)
>>
>> "Clueless" doesn't begin to describe this ignoramus, but then we've seen
>> examples of that so many times it's not funny. The only thing that still
>> *is* funny is he's too fucking stupid to learn from his own mistakes and
>> continues to try to be the centre of the universe at the expense of
>> making a total fucking flog of himself.
>
> Gasp! That's verbatim what many people have said about The Fraudster.
>
> Anyhoo... Speaking of being "clueless"... Guess who dogmatically declared
> thus back in '07.
>
> "On average, on a dry asphalt road you will stop in a shorter distance
> with locked brakes than you will with ABS controlled brakes".
>
> And, "My testing wasn't anything scientific(which suited me as
> scientific tests hardly ever reflect real world incidents), and basically
> involved nothing more than a bunch of har stops on a straight deserted road
> with & without the ABS module working at various speeds, and measuring the
> stopping distance.
>
> As I said it wasn't hyper accurate, but gave repeatable average results
> that were close enough to get a fair idea.
>
> I can't recall the stopping distances themselves now, but what I found that
> in almost every case where the car had the ABS disconnected (and I'm
> talking 9 out 10 attemps with different cars) it actually stopped in a
> shorter distance with one or more wheels locked up in a "panic stop" than
> with the abs functioning. The difference was the manner in which it
> stopped.
>
> Without the ABS working, most cars would lock their rears and get out of
> shape quite quickly, although there were some that remained perfectly
> straight with locked up brakes. However, in doing so most would stop a few
> meters shorter than with the ABS working (and I think the largest
> discrepancy was around 4 meters which is a huge difference)".
>
> Thread= https://tinyurl.com/5998e7kr
>
> Note: Surprisingly, as well as the quoted bonehead above, Clocky & Daryl
> also took part in this informative thread.
>

> alvey

If I recollect the fake mechanic reckoned he could stop quicker with ABS
disconnected in some tests he imagined?

ABS vs non-ABS stops...

https://youtu.be/mlLYJW-yIIg?t=89

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Clueless? Right Back At You!

<kn2hhrF9d92U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26541&group=aus.cars#26541

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 19:43:22 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 09:43 UTC

Clocky wrote:
> On 21/09/2023 2:26 pm, alvey wrote:

>>> "Clueless" doesn't begin to describe this ignoramus, but then we've
>>> seen
>>> examples of that so many times it's not funny. The only thing that
>>> still
>>> *is* funny is he's too fucking stupid to learn from his own mistakes
>>> and
>>> continues to try to be the centre of the universe at the expense of
>>> making a total fucking flog of himself.
>>
>> Gasp! That's verbatim what many people have said about The Fraudster.
>>
>> Anyhoo... Speaking of being "clueless"... Guess who dogmatically
>> declared
>> thus back in '07.
>>
>> "On average, on a dry asphalt road you will stop in a shorter distance
>> with locked brakes than you will with ABS controlled brakes".
>>
>> And, "My testing wasn't anything scientific(which suited me as
>> scientific tests hardly ever reflect real world incidents), and
>> basically
>> involved nothing more than a bunch of har stops on a straight
>> deserted road
>> with & without the ABS module working at various speeds, and
>> measuring the
>> stopping distance.
>>
>> As I said it wasn't hyper accurate, but gave repeatable average results
>> that were close enough to get a fair idea.
>>
>> I can't recall the stopping distances themselves now, but what I
>> found that
>> in almost every case where the car had the ABS disconnected (and I'm
>> talking 9 out 10 attemps with different cars) it actually stopped in a
>> shorter distance with one or more wheels locked up in a "panic stop"
>> than
>> with the abs functioning. The difference was the manner in which it
>> stopped.
>>
>> Without the ABS working, most cars would lock their rears and get out of
>> shape quite quickly, although there were some that remained perfectly
>> straight with locked up brakes. However, in doing so most would stop
>> a few
>> meters shorter than with the ABS working (and I think the largest
>> discrepancy was around 4 meters which is a huge difference)".
>>
>> Thread= https://tinyurl.com/5998e7kr
>>
>> Note: Surprisingly, as well as the quoted bonehead above, Clocky & Daryl
>> also took part in this informative thread.
>>

>> alvey
>>

> If I recollect the fake mechanic reckoned he could stop quicker with
> ABS disconnected in some tests he imagined?
>
> ABS vs non-ABS stops...
>
> https://youtu.be/mlLYJW-yIIg?t=89

interesting. so noddy gets it wrong again..

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!
https://imgur.com/gallery/v4u4c15

Re: Clueless? Right Back At You!

<ueipik$3ov57$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26547&group=aus.cars#26547

From: Paddy.O....@Coast.org (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 01:10:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: alvey - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 01:10 UTC

On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 17:03:20 +0800, Clocky wrote:

> On 21/09/2023 2:26 pm, alvey wrote:

>>> "Clueless" doesn't begin to describe this ignoramus, but then we've
>>> seen examples of that so many times it's not funny. The only thing
>>> that still *is* funny is he's too fucking stupid to learn from his own
>>> mistakes and continues to try to be the centre of the universe at the
>>> expense of making a total fucking flog of himself.
>>
>> Gasp! That's verbatim what many people have said about The Fraudster.
>>
>> Anyhoo... Speaking of being "clueless"... Guess who dogmatically
>> declared thus back in '07.
>>
>> "On average, on a dry asphalt road you will stop in a shorter distance
>> with locked brakes than you will with ABS controlled brakes".
>>
>> And, "My testing wasn't anything scientific(which suited me as
>> scientific tests hardly ever reflect real world incidents), and
>> basically involved nothing more than a bunch of har stops on a straight
>> deserted road with & without the ABS module working at various speeds,
>> and measuring the stopping distance.
>>
>> As I said it wasn't hyper accurate, but gave repeatable average results
>> that were close enough to get a fair idea.
>>
>> I can't recall the stopping distances themselves now, but what I found
>> that in almost every case where the car had the ABS disconnected (and
>> I'm talking 9 out 10 attemps with different cars) it actually stopped
>> in a shorter distance with one or more wheels locked up in a "panic
>> stop" than with the abs functioning. The difference was the manner in
>> which it stopped.
>>
>> Without the ABS working, most cars would lock their rears and get out
>> of shape quite quickly, although there were some that remained
>> perfectly straight with locked up brakes. However, in doing so most
>> would stop a few meters shorter than with the ABS working (and I think
>> the largest discrepancy was around 4 meters which is a huge
>> difference)".
>>
>> Thread= https://tinyurl.com/5998e7kr
>>
>> Note: Surprisingly, as well as the quoted bonehead above, Clocky &
>> Daryl also took part in this informative thread.
>>

>> alvey
>>

> If I recollect the fake mechanic reckoned he could stop quicker with ABS
> disconnected in some tests he imagined?

I'd strongly agree with the entire tale being "imagined". It absolutely
reeks of being hastily manufactured bullshit thrown together to support
one of his idiotic biases.

And, gosh! I wonder why none of The Enablers have commented...

alvey

Re: Clueless? Right Back At You!

<kn50i3Fkgs4U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26571&group=aus.cars#26571

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 18:11:47 +1000
 by: Xeno - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 08:11 UTC

On 22/9/2023 11:10 am, alvey wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 17:03:20 +0800, Clocky wrote:

>>> Gasp! That's verbatim what many people have said about The Fraudster.
>>>
>>> Anyhoo... Speaking of being "clueless"... Guess who dogmatically
>>> declared thus back in '07.
>>>
>>> "On average, on a dry asphalt road you will stop in a shorter distance
>>> with locked brakes than you will with ABS controlled brakes".
>>>
>>> And, "My testing wasn't anything scientific(which suited me as
>>> scientific tests hardly ever reflect real world incidents), and
>>> basically involved nothing more than a bunch of har stops on a straight
>>> deserted road with & without the ABS module working at various speeds,
>>> and measuring the stopping distance.
>>>
>>> As I said it wasn't hyper accurate, but gave repeatable average results
>>> that were close enough to get a fair idea.
>>>
>>> I can't recall the stopping distances themselves now, but what I found
>>> that in almost every case where the car had the ABS disconnected (and
>>> I'm talking 9 out 10 attemps with different cars) it actually stopped
>>> in a shorter distance with one or more wheels locked up in a "panic
>>> stop" than with the abs functioning. The difference was the manner in
>>> which it stopped.
>>>
>>> Without the ABS working, most cars would lock their rears and get out
>>> of shape quite quickly, although there were some that remained
>>> perfectly straight with locked up brakes. However, in doing so most
>>> would stop a few meters shorter than with the ABS working (and I think
>>> the largest discrepancy was around 4 meters which is a huge
>>> difference)".
>>>
>>> Thread= https://tinyurl.com/5998e7kr
>>>
>>> Note: Surprisingly, as well as the quoted bonehead above, Clocky &
>>> Daryl also took part in this informative thread.
>>>

>>> alvey
>>>

>> If I recollect the fake mechanic reckoned he could stop quicker with ABS
>> disconnected in some tests he imagined?
>
> I'd strongly agree with the entire tale being "imagined". It absolutely
> reeks of being hastily manufactured bullshit thrown together to support
> one of his idiotic biases.

I'd suggest the same. It also suggests to me that he hasn't a clue how
the ABS systems actually work.

> And, gosh! I wonder why none of The Enablers have commented...

Now *that's* hardly a surprise.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Clueless? Right Back At You!

<kn51nnFkgs4U5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26572&group=aus.cars#26572

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 18:31:51 +1000
 by: Xeno - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 08:31 UTC

On 21/9/2023 7:03 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 21/09/2023 2:26 pm, alvey wrote:

>>> "Clueless" doesn't begin to describe this ignoramus, but then we've seen
>>> examples of that so many times it's not funny. The only thing that still
>>> *is* funny is he's too fucking stupid to learn from his own mistakes and
>>> continues to try to be the centre of the universe at the expense of
>>> making a total fucking flog of himself.
>>
>> Gasp! That's verbatim what many people have said about The Fraudster.
>>
>> Anyhoo... Speaking of being "clueless"... Guess who dogmatically declared
>> thus back in '07.
>>
>> "On average, on a dry asphalt road you will stop in a shorter distance
>> with locked brakes than you will with ABS controlled brakes".
>>
>> And, "My testing wasn't anything scientific(which suited me as
>> scientific tests hardly ever reflect real world incidents), and basically
>> involved nothing more than a bunch of har stops on a straight deserted
>> road
>> with & without the ABS module working at various speeds, and measuring
>> the
>> stopping distance.
>>
>> As I said it wasn't hyper accurate, but gave repeatable average results
>> that were close enough to get a fair idea.
>>
>> I can't recall the stopping distances themselves now, but what I found
>> that
>> in almost every case where the car had the ABS disconnected (and I'm
>> talking 9 out 10 attemps with different cars) it actually stopped in a
>> shorter distance with one or more wheels locked up in a "panic stop" than
>> with the abs functioning. The difference was the manner in which it
>> stopped.
>>
>> Without the ABS working, most cars would lock their rears and get out of
>> shape quite quickly, although there were some that remained perfectly
>> straight with locked up brakes. However, in doing so most would stop a
>> few
>> meters shorter than with the ABS working (and I think the largest
>> discrepancy was around 4 meters which is a huge difference)".
>>
>> Thread= https://tinyurl.com/5998e7kr
>>
>> Note: Surprisingly, as well as the quoted bonehead above, Clocky & Daryl
>> also took part in this informative thread.
>>

>> alvey
>>

> If I recollect the fake mechanic reckoned he could stop quicker with ABS
> disconnected in some tests he imagined?

Imagined, yeah!

If there were any truth to the story, just think where he might have
managed to source 10 different cars from for his *non-scientific* tests.
Cars from where he was working as a car detailer perhaps? *Customers*
cars? So he claims he was doing locked wheel braking tests on cars such
as would have rendered flat spots on the tyres. Would you want this
clown unattended anywhere near your car? No wonder Bib Stillwell didn't
want him!

> ABS vs non-ABS stops...
>
> https://youtu.be/mlLYJW-yIIg?t=89

The video clip says it all.

It is a *logical impossibility* for a non ABS equipped car to stop in a
shorter distance with locked wheels than an ABS equipped car in the same
scenario. And the ABS gives you vehicle stability under braking as well,
bonus! The video shows this clearly and it just demonstrates that Darren
has no clue how ABS systems operate. Certainly it shows his
understanding of mechanical principles is extremely limited, no small
wonder he was unable to get any apprenticeship ever.