From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: KF
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 15:07:24 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 14:07 UTC

Using Thunderbum, can I KF on the vehicle - SwiftMailer? There doesn't
seem to be a category for part of the header - well, some parts.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: KF

<kpvbceF8bknU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26588&group=uk.rec.sheds#26588

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: KF
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 15:28:29 +0100
 by: John Williamson - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 14:28 UTC

On 26/10/2023 15:07, RustyHinge wrote:
> Using Thunderbum, can I KF on the vehicle - SwiftMailer? There doesn't
> seem to be a category for part of the header - well, some parts.

You can filter on the server name. If you want to ignore all from, say,
@swiftmail, for instance, then use the "from" filter, then "if contains"
<Servername> it will mark as read, delet6e or ignore all from that server.

There is a "customise" option, but I've never needed to investigate it.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: KF

<7mvkjilunm44maurpt20io4ksag46sk3bb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26591&group=uk.rec.sheds#26591

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 11:10:39 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 15:10 UTC

On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 15:28:29 +0100, John Williamson
<johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:

>On 26/10/2023 15:07, RustyHinge wrote:
>> Using Thunderbum, can I KF on the vehicle - SwiftMailer? There doesn't
>> seem to be a category for part of the header - well, some parts.
>>
>You can filter on the server name. If you want to ignore all from, say,
>@swiftmail, for instance, then use the "from" filter, then "if contains"
><Servername> it will mark as read, delet6e or ignore all from that server.
>
>There is a "customise" option, but I've never needed to investigate it.

I've often wondered about the need for kill-file / filtering
in usenet - I've never had the need - am I just lucky or what ?
I've been using Forte Agent since forever - a few decades now,
and simply skip/ignore the < usually obvious > spam & trolls.
As for email - I have 2 free anonymous online email accounts
that I use for any sketchy things, registrations, etc
and have pretty much protected my main email account from any spam.
John T.

Re: KF

<uhe3f8$1n4e8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26594&group=uk.rec.sheds#26594

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 17:17:44 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 16:17 UTC

On 26/10/2023 16:10, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 15:28:29 +0100, John Williamson
> <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> On 26/10/2023 15:07, RustyHinge wrote:
>>> Using Thunderbum, can I KF on the vehicle - SwiftMailer? There doesn't
>>> seem to be a category for part of the header - well, some parts.
>>>
>> You can filter on the server name. If you want to ignore all from, say,
>> @swiftmail, for instance, then use the "from" filter, then "if contains"
>> <Servername> it will mark as read, delet6e or ignore all from that server.
>>
>> There is a "customise" option, but I've never needed to investigate it.
>

> I've often wondered about the need for kill-file / filtering
> in usenet - I've never had the need - am I just lucky or what ?
> I've been using Forte Agent since forever - a few decades now,
> and simply skip/ignore the < usually obvious > spam & trolls.
> As for email - I have 2 free anonymous online email accounts
> that I use for any sketchy things, registrations, etc
> and have pretty much protected my main email account from any spam.

I have one annoying spammer persistently tying to sell me trips on the
Orient Express, boat parties, posh knees upses, tours of towers, do s at
Buck House and other bait for Transpondians.

The only thing in common with all of them is SwiftMail.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: KF

<uhe3ib$1n4e8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26595&group=uk.rec.sheds#26595

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 17:19:24 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 16:19 UTC

On 26/10/2023 15:28, John Williamson wrote:
> On 26/10/2023 15:07, RustyHinge wrote:
>> Using Thunderbum, can I KF on the vehicle - SwiftMailer? There doesn't
>> seem to be a category for part of the header - well, some parts.
>>
> You can filter on the server name. If you want to ignore all from, say,
> @swiftmail, for instance, then use the "from" filter, then "if contains"
> <Servername> it will mark as read, delet6e or ignore all from that server.
>
> There is a "customise" option, but I've never needed to investigate it.

Yebbut - SwiftMail is the spamming pogrom, not part of the address.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: KF

<ak4lji9disa3dodvbddgq802nmkrtij1id@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26596&group=uk.rec.sheds#26596

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 12:28:59 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 16:28 UTC

On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 17:17:44 +0100, RustyHinge
<rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:

>On 26/10/2023 16:10, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 15:28:29 +0100, John Williamson
>> <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>> You can filter on the server name. If you want to ignore all from, say,
>>> @swiftmail, for instance, then use the "from" filter, then "if contains"
>>> <Servername> it will mark as read, delet6e or ignore all from that server.
>>>
>>> There is a "customise" option, but I've never needed to investigate it.
>>

>> I've often wondered about the need for kill-file / filtering
>> in usenet - I've never had the need - am I just lucky or what ?
>> I've been using Forte Agent since forever - a few decades now,
>> and simply skip/ignore the < usually obvious > spam & trolls.
>> As for email - I have 2 free anonymous online email accounts
>> that I use for any sketchy things, registrations, etc
>> and have pretty much protected my main email account from any spam.
>
>I have one annoying spammer persistently tying to sell me trips on the
>Orient Express, boat parties, posh knees upses, tours of towers, do s at
>Buck House and other bait for Transpondians.
>
>The only thing in common with all of them is SwiftMail.

So this would be email spam - how many per week ?
I guess it's all a matter of each person's tolerance for such things.
My worse case, on one of my online email accounts - is about
12-per-week - all are easy to recognize and delete in just a few
mouse clicks .. I don't want to KF the site - it's an auction site
that sends legit emails when I bid / buy something.
John T.

Re: KF

<20231026172100.8c5c915042b7709ff3565bb8@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26597&group=uk.rec.sheds#26597

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 17:21:00 +0100
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 16:21 UTC

On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 11:10:39 -0400
hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:

> I've often wondered about the need for kill-file / filtering
> in usenet - I've never had the need - am I just lucky or what ?

Pure laziness really.

> I've been using Forte Agent since forever - a few decades now,
> and simply skip/ignore the < usually obvious > spam & trolls.

I have a handful of entries in my filters mostly for persistent or
frequent nuisance posters that I got fed up with skipping.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: KF

<uhe4ns$1nfir$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26599&group=uk.rec.sheds#26599

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 17:39:24 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 16:39 UTC

On 26/10/2023 17:17, RustyHinge wrote:
> On 26/10/2023 16:10, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 15:28:29 +0100, John Williamson
>> <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>> You can filter on the server name. If you want to ignore all from, say,
>>> @swiftmail, for instance, then use the "from" filter, then "if contains"
>>> <Servername> it will mark as read, delet6e or ignore all from that
>>> server.
>>>
>>> There is a "customise" option, but I've never needed to investigate it.
>>

>>    I've often wondered about the need for  kill-file / filtering
>>   in usenet - I've never had the need - am I just lucky or what ?
>> I've been using Forte Agent since forever  -  a few decades now,
>> and simply skip/ignore the   < usually obvious > spam & trolls.
>>   As for email  -  I have 2 free anonymous online email accounts
>> that I use for any sketchy things,  registrations,  etc
>> and have pretty much protected my main email account from any spam.
>
> I have one annoying spammer persistently tying to sell me trips on the
> Orient Express, boat parties, posh knees upses, tours of towers, do s at
> Buck House and other bait for Transpondians.
>
> The only thing in common with all of them is SwiftMail.

Correction: SwiftMailer

I've been trying to copy the header frages andages and failed dismally -
I've printed one in the past, but no printer connectificated ATM

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: KF

<uhe60t$1nps2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26600&group=uk.rec.sheds#26600

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 18:01:18 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 17:01 UTC

From: Boat Party <newsletter@egyptianpharaoh.org>
To: (My e-Addy) <(My e-Addy)>
<mailto:newsletter@egyptianpharaoh.org?subject=Campaign-Uid:kj920bsxt2163
/ Subscriber-Uid:cv379gjm2gbba - Unsubscribe request&body=Please
unsubscribe me!>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 15:37:47 +0200

Some of the (My e-addy) entries have = instead of @, but you get the idea.

So, anyone have a bright idea about blocking (or obyybpxvat) the sender?

The answer for the question about copying the header was to choose
'forward' the item and copy that.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: KF

<XnsB0A9B7C9B2D99Factura3476@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26601&group=uk.rec.sheds#26601

From: mys...@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 17:04:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 17:04 UTC

Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote in

> On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 11:10:39 -0400
> hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:
>
>> I've often wondered about the need for kill-file / filtering
>> in usenet - I've never had the need - am I just lucky or what ?
>
> Pure laziness really.
>
>> I've been using Forte Agent since forever - a few decades now,
>> and simply skip/ignore the < usually obvious > spam & trolls.
>
> I have a handful of entries in my filters mostly for persistent or
> frequent nuisance posters that I got fed up with skipping.

Virgin Meja filters out roughly 20 spam emails a days for me. I check
quickly once a week to see if thee's anything that shoudn't have gone into
spam; it happens but rarely.

--
Peter
-----

Re: KF

<uhe7fc$1o7a0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26602&group=uk.rec.sheds#26602

From: chr...@mshome.net (Chris Elvidge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 18:26:01 +0100
 by: Chris Elvidge - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 17:26 UTC

On 26/10/2023 18:01, RustyHinge wrote:
> On 26/10/2023 15:07, RustyHinge wrote:
>> Using Thunderbum, can I KF on the vehicle - SwiftMailer? There doesn't
>> seem to be a category for part of the header - well, some parts.

From contains egyptianpharoh.org ?
Right-click From address and "Create filter from"

--
Chris Elvidge, England
I WILL NOT YELL "SHE'S DEAD" DURING ROLL CALL

Re: KF

<uhe86v$1oe12$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26603&group=uk.rec.sheds#26603

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 18:38:39 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 17:38 UTC

On 26/10/2023 18:26, Chris Elvidge wrote:

> From contains egyptianpharoh.org ?
> Right-click From address and "Create filter from"

/chop-thunk/

But the next one will be something entirely different

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: KF

<tjafhIJyeqOlFw5+@ku.gro.lloiff>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26605&group=uk.rec.sheds#26605

From: bull...@ku.gro.lioff (Adrian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 18:53:54 +0100
 by: Adrian - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 17:53 UTC

In message <uhe60t$1nps2$1@dont-email.me>, RustyHinge
<rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> writes

<big snip for brevity>

>So, anyone have a bright idea about blocking (or obyybpxvat) the sender?

https://spamcop.net/

might help with the second of those options.

That said I've got one idiot who spams me 2-3 times a year but it looks
as though his email / web providers ignore the reports, so I'm not sure
how successful it will be.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops

Re: KF

<20231026185738.f0fca110641c366a2beb49ce@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26606&group=uk.rec.sheds#26606

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 18:57:38 +0100
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 17:57 UTC

On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 17:04:00 -0000 (UTC)
Peter <myshed@prune.org.uk> wrote:

> Virgin Meja filters out roughly 20 spam emails a days for me. I check
> quickly once a week to see if thee's anything that shoudn't have gone
> into spam; it happens but rarely.

Ah yes email goes through spamassassin on my incoming mail server
which runs in a jail on my NAS.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/
Host: Beautiful Theory meet Inconvenient Fact
Obit: Beautiful Theory died today of factual inconsistency

Re: KF

<uhe9fo$1oph7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26607&group=uk.rec.sheds#26607

From: chr...@mshome.net (Chris Elvidge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 19:00:24 +0100
 by: Chris Elvidge - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 18:00 UTC

On 26/10/2023 18:38, RustyHinge wrote:
> On 26/10/2023 18:26, Chris Elvidge wrote:
>>
>> From contains egyptianpharoh.org ?
>> Right-click From address and "Create filter from"
>>
> /chop-thunk/
>
> But the next one will be something entirely different

OIC

--
Chris Elvidge, England
I WILL NOT SELL MY KIDNEY ON eBAY

Re: KF

<uhegpl$1qqgb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26609&group=uk.rec.sheds#26609

From: chr...@mshome.net (Chris Elvidge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 21:05:09 +0100
 by: Chris Elvidge - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 20:05 UTC

On 26/10/2023 18:38, RustyHinge wrote:
> On 26/10/2023 18:26, Chris Elvidge wrote:
>>
>> From contains egyptianpharoh.org ?
>> Right-click From address and "Create filter from"
>>
> /chop-thunk/
>
> But the next one will be something entirely different

How about "From contains newsletter"

--
Chris Elvidge, England
I WILL NOT TEASE FATTY

Re: KF

<uhej4o$1r69f$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26616&group=uk.rec.sheds#26616

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 21:45:11 +0100
 by: Tone - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 20:45 UTC

On 26/10/2023 18:04, Peter wrote:
>> I have a handful of entries in my filters mostly for persistent or
>> frequent nuisance posters that I got fed up with skipping.
> Virgin Meja filters out roughly 20 spam emails a days for me. I check
> quickly once a week to see if thee's anything that shoudn't have gone into
> spam; it happens but rarely.

I use gmx as my general email addy. They filter out the dross very well.
Then my personal gmail account reads what's left and filters out a few
more. I rarely see any spam.

I only search the spam folders if I am missing an email that I know I
should have had.

Tone

Re: KF

<65kljipiua38m16cbu6covb8ifuu5qlnbc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26617&group=uk.rec.sheds#26617

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 16:52:43 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 20:52 UTC

On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 21:45:11 +0100, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:

>On 26/10/2023 18:04, Peter wrote:
>>> I have a handful of entries in my filters mostly for persistent or
>>> frequent nuisance posters that I got fed up with skipping.
>> Virgin Meja filters out roughly 20 spam emails a days for me. I check
>> quickly once a week to see if thee's anything that shoudn't have gone into
>> spam; it happens but rarely.
>
>I use gmx as my general email addy. They filter out the dross very well.
>Then my personal gmail account reads what's left and filters out a few
>more. I rarely see any spam.
>
>I only search the spam folders if I am missing an email that I know I
>should have had.
>
>Tone

gmx has been one of my online email servers for many years.

Free, simple, and at one time years ago I had it configured
so that it could read my main ISP email when I was travelling.
.. my ISP mail eventually cut off that sort of access.
John T.

Re: KF

<uhen67$1sa7e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26621&group=uk.rec.sheds#26621

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 22:54:16 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 21:54 UTC

I get several of genuine ones as newsletter@

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: KF

<uhftnr$26c57$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26624&group=uk.rec.sheds#26624

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 09:52:07 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 08:52 UTC

I don't get much spam obviously derived from my un munged address being on
these messages. In the old days you used to get far more, but I think the
spammers have found better sources these days. If they want to spam a group,
well that is a whole other story. I to just don't read threads I'm not
interested in. I do have some of the more potty mouthed trolls killfiled,
but that won't help if its followed up, but harmless trolls I do tolerate
because they can be made fun of and as I say, nobody has been forced to read
them.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
<hubops@ccanoemail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 15:28:29 +0100, John Williamson
> <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>>On 26/10/2023 15:07, RustyHinge wrote:
>>> Using Thunderbum, can I KF on the vehicle - SwiftMailer? There doesn't
>>> seem to be a category for part of the header - well, some parts.
>>>
>>You can filter on the server name. If you want to ignore all from, say,
>>@swiftmail, for instance, then use the "from" filter, then "if contains"
>><Servername> it will mark as read, delet6e or ignore all from that server.
>>
>>There is a "customise" option, but I've never needed to investigate it.
>

> I've often wondered about the need for kill-file / filtering
> in usenet - I've never had the need - am I just lucky or what ?
> I've been using Forte Agent since forever - a few decades now,
> and simply skip/ignore the < usually obvious > spam & trolls.
> As for email - I have 2 free anonymous online email accounts
> that I use for any sketchy things, registrations, etc
> and have pretty much protected my main email account from any spam.
> John T.

Re: KF

<uhfv28$265k5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26626&group=uk.rec.sheds#26626

From: newsforp...@yahoo.co.uk (nev young)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 10:14:48 +0100
 by: nev young - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 09:14 UTC

On 26/10/2023 18:01, RustyHinge wrote:
> On 26/10/2023 15:07, RustyHinge wrote:
>> Using Thunderbum, can I KF on the vehicle - SwiftMailer? There doesn't
>> seem to be a category for part of the header - well, some parts.

You need to KF on SwiftMailer then.

I'll try to guide you through.

While you are displaying one of the spams

click on Tools
from the drop down menu select "message filters"
should open a new subpage. (Message Filters)
select "new"
should open a new subpage. (Filter Rules)
give it a name (SwiftMailer perhaps?)
select Subject
at the bottom of the list is Customise - click on that
should open a pane called Customise Headers
Enter X-Mailer and click add then OK
Should be back at Filter rules now
On the line:
X-Mailer - contains -[blank]
enter SwiftMailer
In the lower panel select the left most drop down
and select Delete Message (or whatever else you fancy)
click OK
Should now be back on panel Message Filters
Your new filter should be top of the list.
click run now and they should all vanish.

--
Nev
It causes me a great deal of regret and remorse

Re: KF

<uhgup0$2d54l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26638&group=uk.rec.sheds#26638

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 19:16:01 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 18:16 UTC

On 27/10/2023 10:14, nev young wrote:
> I'll try to guide you through.
>
> While you are displaying one of the spams
>
> click on Tools
> from the drop down menu select "message filters"
> should open a new subpage. (Message Filters)
> select "new"
> should open a new subpage. (Filter Rules)
> give it a name (SwiftMailer perhaps?)
> select Subject
> at the bottom of the list is Customise - click on that
> should open a pane called Customise Headers
> Enter X-Mailer and click add then OK
> Should be back at Filter rules now
> On the line:
> X-Mailer - contains -[blank]
> enter SwiftMailer
> In the lower panel select the left most drop down
> and select Delete Message (or whatever else you fancy)
> click OK
> Should now be back on panel Message Filters
> Your new filter should be top of the list.
> click run now and they should all vanish.

Ta. Copied that and pasted to file, saved, so that I can put it up and
refer to it step-by-step.

I tried something similar but must have tripped-up somewhere.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: KF

<1qja8e3.16s07gd6c1lp3N%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26647&group=uk.rec.sheds#26647

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 23:22:39 +0100
This article may be reproduced for the purposes of propagation and
personal use only, no commercial use without express permission.
 by: Sn!pe - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 22:22 UTC

John Williamson <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:

> On 26/10/2023 15:07, RustyHinge wrote:
> > Using Thunderbum, can I KF on the vehicle - SwiftMailer? There doesn't
> > seem to be a category for part of the header - well, some parts.
> >
> You can filter on the server name. If you want to ignore all from, say,
> @swiftmail, for instance, then use the "from" filter, then "if contains"
> <Servername> it will mark as read, delet6e or ignore all from that server.
>
> There is a "customise" option, but I've never needed to investigate it.

Beware!

The From: address does not necessarily correspond to the Newsserver.
e. g. my From: addie is <snipeco.2@gmail.com> but I poast using
Eternal-September.

This may soon become quite important; some News services are already
completely blocking incoming poasts made on GurgleGropes (i. e. with
their User-Agent: G2/1.0) and others may follow.

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator.

My pet rock Gordon just is.