You worry too much about your job. Stop it. You are not paid enough to worry.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Hymer Ground Run

SubjectAuthor
* Hymer Ground RunTone
+* Hymer Ground RunBrian Gaff
|`- Hymer Ground RunTease'n'Seize
+* Hymer Ground RunTone
|+* Hymer Ground RunTim+
||+* Hymer Ground RunRustyHinge
|||`* Hymer Ground RunTim+
||| `* Hymer Ground RunRichard Robinson
|||  `- Hymer Ground RunTim+
||`* Hymer Ground RunBrian Gaff
|| `- Hymer Ground RunRustyHinge
|+* Hymer Ground RunSam Plusnet
||`* Hymer Ground RunRichard Robinson
|| `* Hymer Ground RunRustyHinge
||  `* Hymer Ground RunTone
||   `- Hymer Ground RunSam Plusnet
|`* Hymer Ground RunMike Spencer
| `- Hymer Ground RunSam Plusnet
`- Hymer Ground RunBrian

1
Hymer Ground Run

<uheueq$1t5oe$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26623&group=uk.rec.sheds#26623

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Hymer Ground Run
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 00:58:17 +0100
 by: Tone - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 23:58 UTC

Having just completed two days camping at a farm north west of Leeds
with the prospective X^5 (or is it X^6 now. I'm losing count), in order
to see what jbexs and what doesn't, I am delighted with the Hymer. Okay
it might be old (1988) but by Jove nearly everything does jbex. And
there is so much included in the way of spares and equipment.

To the X^wotsit's delight, there are no less than 5 ways of heating it.
Run the engine, run the diseasal cab heater, run the installed hot air
system, light the gas fire or use a mains powered electric fan heater on
power hook-up (as we did mostly).

There is a swing down double bed over the driving position, but it is
boodly hard to swing it back up again. A side bench makes a wide single
bed, and the cross benches and table convert into a large double bed.

The largish fridge jbexs on mains power, 12v or gas. There is a large
cassette toilet with electric flush (Posh eh?). The water pump jbexeth
and there are no leaks. The hot water system jbexs on gas, and as we
discovered last night, there is no rain water ingression.

On the not so good side, as I found out after dark tonight, there is no
courtesy lighting at the driving position and the huge windscreen does
tend to mist up on the inside. The demister is pretty inadequate.

But, my biggest revelation was how unfit I am now. Long covid has made
my breathing difficult. I found that anything requiring effort sets me
panting as if I've just run a mile. So getting anything strenuous done
has to be five minutes effort, and then ten minutes sitting down getting
me breath back.

As the X^thingy said, "We're getting too old for this now. Premier Inns
would make more sense".

Yeah, but that's boring. And giving in to it.

Can't decide whether to have either 'OLD FOGEYMOBILE' or 'SENIOR
MOMENTS' sign-written across the front.

Other suggestions welcome except ADVENTURE BEFORE DEMENTIA. That's too
late now.

Gypsy Tone

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<uhfu0b$26drv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26625&group=uk.rec.sheds#26625

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Hymer Ground Run
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 09:56:39 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 08:56 UTC

Just don't venture into any of the charging zones. I think Manchester is
getting ones now that London has done it, all that extra dosh to drive over
a knackered road cos your emissions are high seems a bit of a cheek. I do
hope the fine the pollution when it crosses back the other way. Who do you
bill, god?
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Tone" <tone@email.com> wrote in message
> Having just completed two days camping at a farm north west of Leeds with
> the prospective X^5 (or is it X^6 now. I'm losing count), in order to see
> what jbexs and what doesn't, I am delighted with the Hymer. Okay it might
> be old (1988) but by Jove nearly everything does jbex. And there is so
> much included in the way of spares and equipment.
>
> To the X^wotsit's delight, there are no less than 5 ways of heating it.
> Run the engine, run the diseasal cab heater, run the installed hot air
> system, light the gas fire or use a mains powered electric fan heater on
> power hook-up (as we did mostly).
>
> There is a swing down double bed over the driving position, but it is
> boodly hard to swing it back up again. A side bench makes a wide single
> bed, and the cross benches and table convert into a large double bed.
>
> The largish fridge jbexs on mains power, 12v or gas. There is a large
> cassette toilet with electric flush (Posh eh?). The water pump jbexeth and
> there are no leaks. The hot water system jbexs on gas, and as we
> discovered last night, there is no rain water ingression.
>
> On the not so good side, as I found out after dark tonight, there is no
> courtesy lighting at the driving position and the huge windscreen does
> tend to mist up on the inside. The demister is pretty inadequate.
>
> But, my biggest revelation was how unfit I am now. Long covid has made my
> breathing difficult. I found that anything requiring effort sets me
> panting as if I've just run a mile. So getting anything strenuous done has
> to be five minutes effort, and then ten minutes sitting down getting me
> breath back.
>
> As the X^thingy said, "We're getting too old for this now. Premier Inns
> would make more sense".
>
> Yeah, but that's boring. And giving in to it.
>
> Can't decide whether to have either 'OLD FOGEYMOBILE' or 'SENIOR MOMENTS'
> sign-written across the front.
>
> Other suggestions welcome except ADVENTURE BEFORE DEMENTIA. That's too
> late now.
>
> Gypsy Tone

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<UOOcnfhGFcepBab4nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26627&group=uk.rec.sheds#26627

Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 12:00:04 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-an...@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 11:00 UTC

Brian Gaff wrote:

> don't venture into any of the charging zones. I think Manchester is
> getting ones now that London has done it

On permanent hold, that one, I think.

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<uhgnvg$2bppd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26636&group=uk.rec.sheds#26636

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 17:19:59 +0100
 by: Tone - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 16:19 UTC

On 27/10/2023 00:58, Tone wrote:
> Can't decide whether to have either 'OLD FOGEYMOBILE' or 'SENIOR
> MOMENTS' sign-written across the front.
>
> Other suggestions welcome except ADVENTURE BEFORE DEMENTIA. That's too
> late now.

How does 'THE GERIATRIC GYPSIES' sound?

Tone

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<1943059470.720122119.819996.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26637&group=uk.rec.sheds#26637

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 27 Oct 2023 17:57:30 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 17:57 UTC

Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
> On 27/10/2023 00:58, Tone wrote:
>> Can't decide whether to have either 'OLD FOGEYMOBILE' or 'SENIOR
>> MOMENTS' sign-written across the front.
>>
>> Other suggestions welcome except ADVENTURE BEFORE DEMENTIA. That's too
>> late now.
>
> How does 'THE GERIATRIC GYPSIES' sound?
>
> Tone

RHEUMATIC ROMANIES?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<uhgv74$2d54l$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26639&group=uk.rec.sheds#26639

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 19:23:34 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 18:23 UTC

On 27/10/2023 18:57, Tim+ wrote:
> Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
>> On 27/10/2023 00:58, Tone wrote:
>>> Can't decide whether to have either 'OLD FOGEYMOBILE' or 'SENIOR
>>> MOMENTS' sign-written across the front.
>>>
>>> Other suggestions welcome except ADVENTURE BEFORE DEMENTIA. That's too
>>> late now.
>>
>> How does 'THE GERIATRIC GYPSIES' sound?
>>
>> Tone
>>

> RHEUMATIC ROMANIES?

Contains Roamanies?

Contains Rheumatic Roamanies?

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<1963729662.720124081.902225.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26640&group=uk.rec.sheds#26640

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 27 Oct 2023 18:28:58 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 18:28 UTC

RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:
> On 27/10/2023 18:57, Tim+ wrote:
>> Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:

>>> How does 'THE GERIATRIC GYPSIES' sound?
>>>
>>> Tone
>>>

>> RHEUMATIC ROMANIES?
>
> Contains Roamanies?
>
> Contains Rheumatic Roamanies?

Possibly “MAY CONTAIN NUTS” would do?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<zJT_M.147471$sxoa.43678@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26641&group=uk.rec.sheds#26641

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 19:56:32 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 18:56 UTC

On 27-Oct-23 17:19, Tone wrote:
> On 27/10/2023 00:58, Tone wrote:
>> Can't decide whether to have either 'OLD FOGEYMOBILE' or 'SENIOR
>> MOMENTS' sign-written across the front.
>>
>> Other suggestions welcome except ADVENTURE BEFORE DEMENTIA. That's too
>> late now.
>
> How does 'THE GERIATRIC GYPSIES' sound?

Better that "The Itinerant Incontinents".

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<uhh2eq$2dv4n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26642&group=uk.rec.sheds#26642

From: rich...@qualmograph.org.uk (Richard Robinson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 19:18:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Richard Robinson - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 19:18 UTC

Tim+ said:
> RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:

>>> RHEUMATIC ROMANIES?
>>
>> Contains Roamanies?
>>
>> Contains Rheumatic Roamanies?
>>

> Possibly “MAY CONTAIN NUTS” would do?

“MAY _NOT_ CONTAIN NUTS” ?

"MAY CONTAIN SCHRÖDINGER'S NUTS"

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<uhh2h5$2dv4n$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26643&group=uk.rec.sheds#26643

From: rich...@qualmograph.org.uk (Richard Robinson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 19:20:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Richard Robinson - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 19:20 UTC

Sam Plusnet said:
> On 27-Oct-23 17:19, Tone wrote:
>> On 27/10/2023 00:58, Tone wrote:
>>> Can't decide whether to have either 'OLD FOGEYMOBILE' or 'SENIOR
>>> MOMENTS' sign-written across the front.
>>>
>>> Other suggestions welcome except ADVENTURE BEFORE DEMENTIA. That's too
>>> late now.
>>
>> How does 'THE GERIATRIC GYPSIES' sound?
>
> Better that "The Itinerant Incontinents".

A sign in the windscreen saying "Frinton".

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<1875742138.720129813.605430.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26644&group=uk.rec.sheds#26644

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 27 Oct 2023 20:06:58 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 20:06 UTC

Richard Robinson <richard@qualmograph.org.uk> wrote:
> Tim+ said:
>> RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Contains Roamanies?
>>>
>>> Contains Rheumatic Roamanies?
>>>

>> Possibly “MAY CONTAIN NUTS” would do?
>
> “MAY _NOT_ CONTAIN NUTS” ?
>
> "MAY CONTAIN SCHRÖDINGER'S NUTS"

I bought some of those once. At least I think I did. Haven’t opened it yet…

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<uhhj3g$2har3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26649&group=uk.rec.sheds#26649

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 01:02:56 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 00:02 UTC

On 27/10/2023 20:20, Richard Robinson wrote:
> Sam Plusnet said:

>>> How does 'THE GERIATRIC GYPSIES' sound?
>>
>> Better that "The Itinerant Incontinents".
>
> A sign in the windscreen saying "Frinton".

I went to bawdy fpubby in Frinton, right next to the Tennis courts.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<uhhl3i$2hkp2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26650&group=uk.rec.sheds#26650

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 01:37:05 +0100
 by: Tone - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 00:37 UTC

On 28/10/2023 01:02, RustyHinge wrote:
> On 27/10/2023 20:20, Richard Robinson wrote:
>> Sam Plusnet said:

>>> Better that "The Itinerant Incontinents".
>>
>> A sign in the windscreen saying "Frinton".
>
> I went to bawdy fpubby in Frinton, right next to the Tennis courts.

Is there a blue plaque?

Tone

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<87jzr7s5im.fsf@enoch.nodomain.nowhere>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26651&group=uk.rec.sheds#26651

From: mds...@bogus.nodomain.nowhere (Mike Spencer)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 28 Oct 2023 02:03:13 -0300
Sender: mds@enoch.nodomain.nowhere
 by: Mike Spencer - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 05:03 UTC

Tone <tone@email.com> writes:

> On 27/10/2023 00:58, Tone wrote:
>
>> Can't decide whether to have either 'OLD FOGEYMOBILE' or 'SENIOR
>> MOMENTS' sign-written across the front.
>>
>> Other suggestions welcome except ADVENTURE BEFORE DEMENTIA. That's too
>> late now.
>
> How does 'THE GERIATRIC GYPSIES' sound?

PRESBYPHORIA (feeling old)

Alternatively, PRESBYDYSPHORIA or PRESBYEUPHORIA depending on whether
you're depressed or excited about feeling old.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<uhim67$2qtk0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26652&group=uk.rec.sheds#26652

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 11:01:38 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 10:01 UTC

Many many years ago when I could see an old VW camper van had a sticker in
the rather small rear window, Antique Driver. I mused whether it meant the
driver was an antique, or it was used to transport antiques.
Brian

--

--:
"Tim+" <tim.downie@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
>> On 27/10/2023 00:58, Tone wrote:
>>> Can't decide whether to have either 'OLD FOGEYMOBILE' or 'SENIOR
>>> MOMENTS' sign-written across the front.
>>>
>>> Other suggestions welcome except ADVENTURE BEFORE DEMENTIA. That's too
>>> late now.
>>
>> How does 'THE GERIATRIC GYPSIES' sound?
>>
>> Tone
>>

> RHEUMATIC ROMANIES?
>
> Tim
>
> --
> Please don't feed the trolls

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<uhiqq3$2rmr4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26655&group=uk.rec.sheds#26655

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 12:20:36 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 11:20 UTC

Or the VW campervan?

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<Qkd%M.128530$tnmf.10565@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26664&group=uk.rec.sheds#26664

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 20:32:00 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 19:32 UTC

On 28-Oct-23 1:37, Tone wrote:
> On 28/10/2023 01:02, RustyHinge wrote:

>>> A sign in the windscreen saying "Frinton".
>>
>> I went to bawdy fpubby in Frinton, right next to the Tennis courts.
>>

> Is there a blue plaque?

Only if your teeth are in a really bad way.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<Nmd%M.128531$tnmf.100389@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26665&group=uk.rec.sheds#26665

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 20:34:06 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 19:34 UTC

On 28-Oct-23 6:03, Mike Spencer wrote:
> Tone <tone@email.com> writes:
>
>> On 27/10/2023 00:58, Tone wrote:
>>
>>> Can't decide whether to have either 'OLD FOGEYMOBILE' or 'SENIOR
>>> MOMENTS' sign-written across the front.
>>>
>>> Other suggestions welcome except ADVENTURE BEFORE DEMENTIA. That's too
>>> late now.
>>
>> How does 'THE GERIATRIC GYPSIES' sound?
>

> PRESBYPHORIA (feeling old)
>

> Alternatively, PRESBYDYSPHORIA or PRESBYEUPHORIA depending on whether
> you're depressed or excited about feeling old.

You might wake up to find the van surrounded by religious extremists,
with placards, denouncing your brand of heresy.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Hymer Ground Run

<uhmd2o$1om3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26683&group=uk.rec.sheds#26683

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 19:50:48 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:9WXLyX+QRroif8jQrbYDszzzDxA=
 by: Brian - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 19:50 UTC

Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
> Having just completed two days camping at a farm north west of Leeds
> with the prospective X^5 (or is it X^6 now. I'm losing count), in order
> to see what jbexs and what doesn't, I am delighted with the Hymer. Okay
> it might be old (1988) but by Jove nearly everything does jbex. And
> there is so much included in the way of spares and equipment.
>
> To the X^wotsit's delight, there are no less than 5 ways of heating it.
> Run the engine, run the diseasal cab heater, run the installed hot air
> system, light the gas fire or use a mains powered electric fan heater on
> power hook-up (as we did mostly).
>
> There is a swing down double bed over the driving position, but it is
> boodly hard to swing it back up again. A side bench makes a wide single
> bed, and the cross benches and table convert into a large double bed.
>
> The largish fridge jbexs on mains power, 12v or gas. There is a large
> cassette toilet with electric flush (Posh eh?). The water pump jbexeth
> and there are no leaks. The hot water system jbexs on gas, and as we
> discovered last night, there is no rain water ingression.
>
> On the not so good side, as I found out after dark tonight, there is no
> courtesy lighting at the driving position and the huge windscreen does
> tend to mist up on the inside. The demister is pretty inadequate.

If you want to add a reading light for when you’ve rotated the front seats,
one of these off Amazon may help:

KNAMKY USB LED Desk Lamp Clip On Reading Light

They run off USB, so you need a suitable socket.

I recently replaced an IKEA light I had previously fitted with one and it
is far better. The IKEA ones use unusual voltage supplies and needed
adaptation.