Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 06:51:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Interesting seeing how Root's changed his approach.
From: hamish.l...@gmail.com (Hamish Laws)
 by: Hamish Laws - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 13:51 UTC

Probably old hat to you but this is the first chance I've had to see more than a few highlights of England since Stokes took over
Moving down the wicket to seamers, looking to play more balls late behind point/to third man.
Still capable of really solid defense when he needs it but he does look like he's bought into the more aggressive approach of the new regime

Re: Interesting seeing how Root's changed his approach.

<ffro8i9fsfhdk0r31t5oe3uc6ekdiukqeg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26715&group=uk.sport.cricket#26715

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 15:18:01 +0100
 by: Mike Holmans - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 14:18 UTC

On Fri, 16 Jun 2023 06:51:34 -0700 (PDT), Hamish Laws
<hamish.laws@gmail.com> wrote:

>Probably old hat to you but this is the first chance I've had to see more than a few highlights of England since Stokes took over
>Moving down the wicket to seamers, looking to play more balls late behind point/to third man.
>Still capable of really solid defense when he needs it but he does look like he's bought into the more aggressive approach of the new regime

He keeps saying he really enjoys playing this way, and it's a hell of
lot more fun. He can just play what he wants to: he doesn't like
hanging around not scoring runs, and now he doesn't have to unless
Stokes tells him otherwise.

I don't think there's anyone left who thinks England should change
their approach and has any chance of being listened to.

Cheers,

Mike