From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Audio described flagging
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 08:48:24 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 07:48 UTC

On my Samsung, I have never found it to be able to tell me reliably if a
program will have AD or not.
What it seems to do is indicate the channels where AD could be transmitted.
I know this is so as adverts like Virgin, Waitrose, Fairy etc all have AD
even if the programme does not, but my old Goodmans box indicated it
reliably. Has something changed like some flag is just left on if ad could
be there? That would seem to be a pointless thing to do. Its much like what
happens on FM where all transmitters have the pilot tone on all the time
regardless of the content. Back in the old days of FM the light would go out
when you were in mono.
Very odd.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...