Newsgroups: aus.computers
From: ozix12...@yahoo.com (Ozix)
Subject: are Optus-badged Sagemcom routers shit for wifi?
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 12:38:21 +0800
 by: Ozix - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 04:38 UTC

I got one of these, and if seems to be pissweak. Connecting to PC in
next room (clay brick walls) is barely ticking over - also a laptop
gets weak connection with 2 bars, so I am sure it is the router
dragging the chain.
Running network sniffer on a PC 1 meter from router, it shows signal 75.
There is another router top of the list with signal 99, presumably
the neighbour with a Netgear extender.

Re: are Optus-badged Sagemcom routers shit for wifi?

<20220612084913.152857f7@ryz>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2688&group=aus.computers#2688

From: mo0...@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 08:49:13 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 06:49 UTC

Am Sonntag, 12. Juni 2022, um 12:38:21 Uhr schrieb Ozix:

> Running network sniffer on a PC 1 meter from router, it shows signal
> 75. There is another router top of the list with signal 99, presumably
> the neighbour with a Netgear extender.

Do they use the same channel?
Then they completely interfere each other. Can you sue the 5GHz band?
This has much more channels, so you can use a free one.

Re: are Optus-badged Sagemcom routers shit for wifi?

<t8457i$e2d$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2689&group=aus.computers#2689

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 17:39:26 +1000
 by: Max - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 07:39 UTC

On 12/06/2022 2:38 pm, Ozix wrote:
> I got one of these, and if seems to be pissweak. Connecting to PC in
> next room (clay brick walls) is barely ticking over - also a laptop
> gets weak connection with 2 bars, so I am sure it is the router
> dragging the chain.
> Running network sniffer on a PC 1 meter from router, it shows signal 75.
> There is another router top of the list with signal 99, presumably
> the neighbour with a Netgear extender.

Probably better than a cheap TP-Link modem, like I have.

Re: are Optus-badged Sagemcom routers shit for wifi?

<jgpvgnFj259U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2690&group=aus.computers#2690

From: fel...@goaway.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 09:28:24 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 23:28 UTC

On 12/06/2022 2:38 pm, Ozix wrote:
> I got one of these, and if seems to be pissweak. Connecting to PC in
> next room (clay brick walls) is barely ticking over - also a laptop
> gets weak connection with 2 bars, so I am sure it is the router
> dragging the chain.
> Running network sniffer on a PC 1 meter from router, it shows signal 75.
> There is another router top of the list with signal 99, presumably
> the neighbour with a Netgear extender.

use some of these if you don't want to buy a new router

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/174997615016?hash=item28beabb1a8:g:0B8AAOSwKjZhgJuM

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

"So some infantile nonsense and running away again
I see. Your standard MO." -Clocky on Keefy

FUCK PUTIN!!