From: man...@universe-trinti.lt (Mantas)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.vintage
Subject: Opening ZX-Spectrum CP/M floppy dumps
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 13:17:16 +0300
 by: Mantas - Thu, 22 Apr 2021 10:17 UTC

Hi,

I tried making 5,25" floppy disk dumps using DOS Anadisk and Teledisk
software.
When opening with hex editor, I can see some text, so they are not empty. I
know they are from a ZX-Spectrum clone.
How can I open them or be sure the dumps are working?

I think they are CP/M floppies, because of the hand-writing on one of them
and CP/M mention in the code of the dumps.
I have no experience with ZX-Spectrums or CP/M.

Thanks!
Files attached.

Re: Opening ZX-Spectrum CP/M floppy dumps

<sESJ9kBpYZggFwvP@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27&group=uk.comp.vintage#27

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.vintage
Subject: Re: Opening ZX-Spectrum CP/M floppy dumps
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 16:28:41 +0100
 by: John Hall - Thu, 22 Apr 2021 15:28 UTC

In message <s5rica$k1g$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Mantas
<mantas@universe-trinti.lt> writes
>Hi,
>
>I tried making 5,25" floppy disk dumps using DOS Anadisk and Teledisk
>software.
>When opening with hex editor, I can see some text, so they are not empty. I
>know they are from a ZX-Spectrum clone.
>How can I open them or be sure the dumps are working?
>
>I think they are CP/M floppies, because of the hand-writing on one of them
>and CP/M mention in the code of the dumps.
>I have no experience with ZX-Spectrums or CP/M.
>
>Thanks!
>Files attached.

You can't attach files to a news post, as you've no doubt discovered.
--
John Hall "Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always
pays off now." Anon

Re: Opening ZX-Spectrum CP/M floppy dumps

<iegajhF90nhU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28&group=uk.comp.vintage#28

From: chl...@clerew.man.ac.uk (Charles Lindsey)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.vintage
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 17:23:13 +0100
 by: Charles Lindsey - Fri, 23 Apr 2021 16:23 UTC

On 22/04/2021 16:28, John Hall wrote:
> In message <s5rica$k1g$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Mantas <mantas@universe-trinti.lt> writes
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried making 5,25" floppy disk dumps using DOS Anadisk and Teledisk
>> software.
>> When opening with hex editor, I can see some text, so they are not empty. I
>> know they are from a ZX-Spectrum clone.
>> How can I open them or be sure the dumps are working?
>>
>> I think they are CP/M floppies, because of the hand-writing on one of them
>> and CP/M mention in the code of the dumps.
>> I have no experience with ZX-Spectrums or CP/M.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Files attached.
>>

> You can't attach files to a news post, as you've no doubt discovered.

Actually you can, according to the RFC, but generally speaking they are
discouraged (e.g. within uk.* anything remotely like a "binary" is a no-no) so
it is likely that the site you posted it through cut it out.

--
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At my New Home, still doing my own thing-----------
Tel: +44 161 488 1845 Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl

Re: Opening ZX-Spectrum CP/M floppy dumps

<s66a2m$1c6e$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29&group=uk.comp.vintage#29

From: man...@universe-trinti.lt (Mantas)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.vintage
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 13:00:46 +0300
 by: Mantas - Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:00 UTC

Here are the files, Wetransfer link:
https://we.tl/t-mOfSirQGIl

"Charles Lindsey" <chl@clerew.man.ac.uk> wrote in message
> On 22/04/2021 16:28, John Hall wrote:
>> In message <s5rica$k1g$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Mantas
>> <mantas@universe-trinti.lt> writes
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I tried making 5,25" floppy disk dumps using DOS Anadisk and Teledisk
>>> software.
>>> When opening with hex editor, I can see some text, so they are not
>>> empty. I
>>> know they are from a ZX-Spectrum clone.
>>> How can I open them or be sure the dumps are working?
>>>
>>> I think they are CP/M floppies, because of the hand-writing on one of
>>> them
>>> and CP/M mention in the code of the dumps.
>>> I have no experience with ZX-Spectrums or CP/M.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Files attached.
>>>

>> You can't attach files to a news post, as you've no doubt discovered.
>
> Actually you can, according to the RFC, but generally speaking they are
> discouraged (e.g. within uk.* anything remotely like a "binary" is a
> no-no) so it is likely that the site you posted it through cut it out.
>
> --
> Charles H. Lindsey ---------At my New Home, still doing my own
> thing-----------
> Tel: +44 161 488 1845 Web:
> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
> Email: chl@clerew.man.ac.uk Snail: 40 SK8 5BF, U.K.
> PGP: 2C15F1A9 Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4
> AB A5

Re: Opening ZX-Spectrum CP/M floppy dumps

<s6e2aq$2kg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30&group=uk.comp.vintage#30

From: man...@universe-trinti.lt (Mantas)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.vintage
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 18:00:49 +0300
 by: Mantas - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 15:00 UTC

Can anybody check if the dumps are correct?

"Mantas" <mantas@universe-trinti.lt> wrote in message
> Here are the files, Wetransfer link:
> https://we.tl/t-mOfSirQGIl
>
> "Charles Lindsey" <chl@clerew.man.ac.uk> wrote in message
>> On 22/04/2021 16:28, John Hall wrote:
>>> In message <s5rica$k1g$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Mantas
>>> <mantas@universe-trinti.lt> writes

>>> You can't attach files to a news post, as you've no doubt discovered.
>>
>> Actually you can, according to the RFC, but generally speaking they are
>> discouraged (e.g. within uk.* anything remotely like a "binary" is a
>> no-no) so it is likely that the site you posted it through cut it out.
>>
>> --
>> Charles H. Lindsey ---------At my New Home, still doing my own
>> thing-----------
>> Tel: +44 161 488 1845 Web:
>> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
>> Email: chl@clerew.man.ac.uk Snail: 40 SK8 5BF, U.K.
>> PGP: 2C15F1A9 Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4
>> AB A5

Re: Opening ZX-Spectrum CP/M floppy dumps

<s74kc1$d79$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35&group=uk.comp.vintage#35

From: mar...@rintsch.de (Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.vintage
Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 00:01:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Marc 'BlackJack - Sat, 8 May 2021 00:01 UTC

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 13:00:46 +0300, Mantas wrote:

> Here are the files, Wetransfer link:
> https://we.tl/t-mOfSirQGIl

That says

Transfer expired

Sorry, this transfer has expired and is not available any more

Ciao,
Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch
--
"If you take away the horror of the scene, take away the tragedy of the
death, take away all the moral and ethical implications that have been