The church saves sinners, but science seeks to stop their manufacture. -- Elbert Hubbard

aus+uk / uk.railway / Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies

SubjectAuthor
* AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv OblastMB
+- AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in KharkivGB
+* AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border inMarland
|`* AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP RuRoland Perry
| `* AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border inSam Wilson
|  `- AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP RuRoland Perry
+* AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in KharkivMB
|`* AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border inRecliner
| `* AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in KharkivMB
|  `* AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border inRecliner
|   `* AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in KharkivMB
|    `* AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in KharkivArthur Figgis
|     `* AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in KharkivMB
|      +- AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP RuCharles Ellson
|      `- AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in KharkivGraeme Wall
`- AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border inMarland

1
AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies

<t1kqqv$6ju$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26300&group=uk.railway#26300

From: MB...@nospam.net (MB)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast
to STOP Russian Army supplies
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 16:32:32 +0000
 by: MB - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 16:32 UTC

AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to
STOP Russian Army supplies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH9aA4nVTfU

Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies

<t1ksf6$ktl$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26306&group=uk.railway#26306

From: NOTsome...@microsoft.invalid (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv
Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 17:00:23 +0000
 by: GB - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 17:00 UTC

On 25/03/2022 16:32, MB wrote:
> AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to
> STOP Russian Army supplies
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH9aA4nVTfU

If you don't care about any local flooding from the river that flows
under that bridge, can you repair that by filling the hole with rubble?
If so, the trains will be running in no time.

Far better to spread leaves on the track, or "the wrong sort of snow"?

Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies

<ja6b11FjrdeU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26313&group=uk.railway#26313

From: gemeha...@btinternet.co.uk (Marland)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in
Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies
Date: 25 Mar 2022 17:04:33 GMT
 by: Marland - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 17:04 UTC

MB <MB@nospam.net> wrote:
> AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to
> STOP Russian Army supplies
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH9aA4nVTfU

Roland will be along in a minute to tell us which way the track moved.

GH

Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies

<jLddEV9YPgPiFAeq@perry.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26353&group=uk.railway#26353

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 18:03:04 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 18:03 UTC

In message <ja6b11FjrdeU1@mid.individual.net>, at 17:04:33 on Fri, 25
Mar 2022, Marland <gemehabal@btinternet.co.uk> remarked:
>MB <MB@nospam.net> wrote:
>> AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to
>> STOP Russian Army supplies
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH9aA4nVTfU
>>

>Roland will be along in a minute to tell us which way the track moved.

Nice try, but no cigar. The incident you appear determined to resurrect
the pointless argument about, I said the track hadn't moved (contrary to
the media reporting).
--
Roland Perry

Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies

<t1lb7o$l7m$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26369&group=uk.railway#26369

From: MB...@nospam.net (MB)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 21:12:24 +0000
 by: MB - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 21:12 UTC

I don't understand why they did not blow the bridge as a train went over
it. With luck the train will derail and delay repairs, a bit more luck
and the train will be severely damaged also.

Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies

<t1lea0$lnu$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26375&group=uk.railway#26375

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 22:04:48 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Bmzbh33GdPNGQw9/Sp0wPm48ivE=
 by: Recliner - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 22:04 UTC

MB <MB@nospam.net> wrote:
> I don't understand why they did not blow the bridge as a train went over
> it. With luck the train will derail and delay repairs, a bit more luck
> and the train will be severely damaged also.

Yes, I wondered that, too. I suppose the saboteurs wanted to be well away
from the scene before the next military train came along.

I've also read that tracks from Belarus to Ukraine have been sabotaged,
too.

Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies

<t1mqfd$p5q$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26420&group=uk.railway#26420

From: MB...@nospam.net (MB)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 10:38:38 +0000
 by: MB - Sat, 26 Mar 2022 10:38 UTC

On 25/03/2022 22:04, Recliner wrote:
> Yes, I wondered that, too. I suppose the saboteurs wanted to be well away
> from the scene before the next military train came along.

Didn't SOE normally use detonators on the track that were activated as a
train passed over?

The enemy might inspect the track for demolition charges but that in
itself delays traffic as someone inspects the track and of course makes
them vulnerable to snipers.

Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies

<t1nuol$hqf$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26472&group=uk.railway#26472

From: ukr...@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk (Sam Wilson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 20:57:57 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:s85xm0PRwlnX0ff4P0Ng5ayk3yc=
 by: Sam Wilson - Sat, 26 Mar 2022 20:57 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
> In message <ja6b11FjrdeU1@mid.individual.net>, at 17:04:33 on Fri, 25
> Mar 2022, Marland <gemehabal@btinternet.co.uk> remarked:
>> MB <MB@nospam.net> wrote:
>>> AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to
>>> STOP Russian Army supplies
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH9aA4nVTfU
>>>

>> Roland will be along in a minute to tell us which way the track moved.
>
> Nice try, but no cigar. The incident you appear determined to resurrect
> the pointless argument about, I said the track hadn't moved (contrary to
> the media reporting).

No you didn’t; you said the track dipped and that the driver must have seen
the dip. The report then said the driver saw what appeared to be standing
water.

Sam

--
The entity formerly known as Sam.Wilson@ed.ac.uk
Spit the dummy to reply

Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies

<t1o9fc$m2$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26486&group=uk.railway#26486

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 00:00:45 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:U9+IDm0fkARQ84nFaxlNHIA1CDg=
 by: Recliner - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 00:00 UTC

MB <MB@nospam.net> wrote:
> On 25/03/2022 22:04, Recliner wrote:
>> Yes, I wondered that, too. I suppose the saboteurs wanted to be well away
>> from the scene before the next military train came along.
>
> Didn't SOE normally use detonators on the track that were activated as a
> train passed over?
>
> The enemy might inspect the track for demolition charges but that in
> itself delays traffic as someone inspects the track and of course makes
> them vulnerable to snipers.

I've subsequently read that the Ukrainian army cut all the rail links to
Russia and Belarus right at the start of the war, except in the parts
already occupied by Russia. That's one of the reasons that the Russian
supply chain to its troops broke down — Russia had been relying on bringing
bulk supplies to its advancing front-line by rail.

Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies

<t1p46s$dio$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26488&group=uk.railway#26488

From: MB...@nospam.net (MB)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 08:37:00 +0100
 by: MB - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 07:37 UTC

On 27/03/2022 00:00, Recliner wrote:
> I've subsequently read that the Ukrainian army cut all the rail links to
> Russia and Belarus right at the start of the war, except in the parts
> already occupied by Russia. That's one of the reasons that the Russian
> supply chain to its troops broke down — Russia had been relying on bringing
> bulk supplies to its advancing front-line by rail.

Just send the RMT there, they will soon bring all rail travel to a
standstill.

Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies

<kbkcQT6D5BQiFA2n@perry.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26491&group=uk.railway#26491

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 09:20:19 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 08:20 UTC

In message <t1nuol$hqf$1@dont-email.me>, at 20:57:57 on Sat, 26 Mar
2022, Sam Wilson <ukr@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>> In message <ja6b11FjrdeU1@mid.individual.net>, at 17:04:33 on Fri, 25
>> Mar 2022, Marland <gemehabal@btinternet.co.uk> remarked:

>>> Roland will be along in a minute to tell us which way the track moved.
>>
>> Nice try, but no cigar. The incident you appear determined to resurrect
>> the pointless argument about,

and on and on it rumbles

>>I said the track hadn't moved

.... sideways, before the train arrived ...

>>(contrary to the media reporting).
>
>No you didn’t; you said the track dipped and that the driver must have seen
>the dip.

That was later in the thread (when we were thinking about fairly major
subsidence - which happened after the train had stopped - and whether
that would cause the rails to go down or sideways).

My original point was that the zig-zag wasn't there when the driver
screeched to a halt, as was being reported.

>The report then said the driver saw what appeared to be standing
>water.

And for it to be "standing", it's very likely it was in fact a 'puddle'
caused by a dip. But that wasn't the original point people spent so long
trying to refute.
--
Roland Perry

Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies

<QaidnWZyn9ypvd3_nZ2dnUU7-SudnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26492&group=uk.railway#26492

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 09:28:37 +0100
Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies
Newsgroups: uk.railway
From: afig...@example.invalid (Arthur Figgis)
 by: Arthur Figgis - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 08:28 UTC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Freedom_Battalion#Bob_Crow_Brigade

--
Arthur Figgis

Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies

<t1peds$dkp$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26501&group=uk.railway#26501

From: MB...@nospam.net (MB)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 11:31:24 +0100
 by: MB - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 10:31 UTC

On 27/03/2022 09:28, Arthur Figgis wrote:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Freedom_Battalion#Bob_Crow_Brigade

But wouldn't Crow have followed the Kremlin, being a dedicated communist?

Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies

<jabgoaFjjfvU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26549&group=uk.railway#26549

From: gemeha...@btinternet.co.uk (Marland)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies
Date: 27 Mar 2022 16:12:58 GMT
 by: Marland - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 16:12 UTC

MB <MB@nospam.net> wrote:
> AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to
> STOP Russian Army supplies
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH9aA4nVTfU

At the moment those who fight under the AZOV banner are a good example of
my enemies enemy is my friend. They are a dangerous bunch of people and
while Putin is wrong to tar all Ukrainians with the same brush when he
calls them all Nazis there is no denying that that such groups of right
wing extremists have set themselves up in the state to the point they are
tolerated with the AZOV brigade being the prime example.
While that no way justifies the invasion by Russia those who praise the
AZOV movement must be careful they don’t become so heroic that in a
liberated Ukraine they demand a share of real power as a government
following their doctrine would be quite nasty, and just as much against
Western style democratic values as the Russian one is now.

GH

Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies

<6jj14hpjnl3imjd2h01290cf1t37g6d4bg@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26567&group=uk.railway#26567

From: charlese...@btinternet.com (Charles Ellson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 21:52:11 +0100
 by: Charles Ellson - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 20:52 UTC

On Sun, 27 Mar 2022 11:31:24 +0100, MB <MB@nospam.net> wrote:

>On 27/03/2022 09:28, Arthur Figgis wrote:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Freedom_Battalion#Bob_Crow_Brigade
>
>But wouldn't Crow have followed the Kremlin, being a dedicated communist?

You are about three decades out of date.

Re: AZOV TROOPS BLOW UP RAILWAY LINE near Russia border in Kharkiv Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies

<t27lt7$aud$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27052&group=uk.railway#27052

From: rai...@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Oblast to STOP Russian Army supplies
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 21:04:55 +0100
 by: Graeme Wall - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 20:04 UTC

On 27/03/2022 11:31, MB wrote:
> On 27/03/2022 09:28, Arthur Figgis wrote:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Freedom_Battalion#Bob_Crow_Brigade
>>

> But wouldn't Crow have followed the Kremlin, being a dedicated communist?

He'd have followed from a very safe distance.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.