Would you people stop playing these stupid games?!?!?!!!!

aus+uk / uk.railway / Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

SubjectAuthor
* [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeRoland Perry
+* [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeSam Wilson
|`* [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeRoland Perry
| `* [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codemartin.coffee
|  +- [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeChris J Dixon
|  `* [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeRoland Perry
|   `- [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codemartin.coffee
+* [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeRecliner
|`* [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeGB
| +* [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeMuttley
| |`* [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeRolf Mantel
| | `* [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeMuttley
| |  `- [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeRolf Mantel
| `- [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeRecliner
`* [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeAnna Noyd-Dryver
 +* [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeRecliner
 |`* [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeRoland Perry
 | `* [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeRecliner
 |  `* [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeRoland Perry
 |   `* [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeCharles Ellson
 |    `- [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codeMark Goodge
 `- [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress codemartin.coffee

1
[Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<rabPgAc5SpRiFAeS@perry.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26966&group=uk.railway#26966

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 06:59:21 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 05:59 UTC

From one of my curated feeds this morning:

"ASSHOLMEN, SWEDEN, April 1 - On the opening day of its annual
meeting, this year again held as a hybrid-online event due to the
ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the American Service Society of
Corporate Ambulatory Managers, or ASSCAM, announced the findings
of a research report that found that a blending of the
stay-at-home culture associated with the pandemic, and
pre-pandemic style travel, could be achieved by having travellers
wear their pyjamas in airports, railway stations, planes, and
trains when going to and from business meetings as well as when
attending conferences and other events."
--
Roland Perry

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<t26aoa$1c8$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26968&group=uk.railway#26968

From: ukr...@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk (Sam Wilson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 07:48:26 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:pAsiZWzoFfYlkE+sm/uBRFn9dyQ=
 by: Sam Wilson - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 07:48 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
> From one of my curated feeds this morning:
>
> "ASSHOLMEN, SWEDEN, April 1 - On the opening day of its annual
> meeting, this year again held as a hybrid-online event due to the
> ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the American Service Society of
> Corporate Ambulatory Managers, or ASSCAM, announced the findings
> of a research report that found that a blending of the
> stay-at-home culture associated with the pandemic, and
> pre-pandemic style travel, could be achieved by having travellers
> wear their pyjamas in airports, railway stations, planes, and
> trains when going to and from business meetings as well as when
> attending conferences and other events."

I detect an opportunity for someone making an elegant range of business
pyjamas. :-)

Sam

--
The entity formerly known as Sam.Wilson@ed.ac.uk
Spit the dummy to reply

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<2PIYV0c0CsRiFAM+@perry.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26970&group=uk.railway#26970

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:07:00 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 09:07 UTC

In message <t26aoa$1c8$1@dont-email.me>, at 07:48:26 on Fri, 1 Apr 2022,
Sam Wilson <ukr@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>> From one of my curated feeds this morning:
>>
>> "ASSHOLMEN, SWEDEN, April 1 - On the opening day of its annual
>> meeting, this year again held as a hybrid-online event due to the
>> ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the American Service Society of
>> Corporate Ambulatory Managers, or ASSCAM, announced the findings
>> of a research report that found that a blending of the
>> stay-at-home culture associated with the pandemic, and
>> pre-pandemic style travel, could be achieved by having travellers
>> wear their pyjamas in airports, railway stations, planes, and
>> trains when going to and from business meetings as well as when
>> attending conferences and other events."
>
>I detect an opportunity for someone making an elegant range of business
>pyjamas. :-)

Could also be useful for mums doing the school run (in Wales,
reportedly).
--
Roland Perry

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<t26gco$flc$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26975&group=uk.railway#26975

From: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:24:40 +0100
 by: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 09:24 UTC

On 01/04/2022 10:07, Roland Perry wrote:
> In message <t26aoa$1c8$1@dont-email.me>, at 07:48:26 on Fri, 1 Apr 2022,
> Sam Wilson <ukr@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk> remarked:
>> Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>>> From one of my curated feeds this morning:
>>>
>>>       "ASSHOLMEN, SWEDEN, April 1 - On the opening day of its annual
>>>       meeting, this year again held as a hybrid-online event due to the
>>>       ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the American Service Society of
>>>       Corporate Ambulatory Managers, or ASSCAM, announced the findings
>>>       of a research report that found that a blending of the
>>>       stay-at-home culture associated with the pandemic, and
>>>       pre-pandemic style travel, could be achieved by having travellers
>>>       wear their pyjamas in airports, railway stations, planes, and
>>>       trains when going to and from business meetings as well as when
>>>       attending conferences and other events."
>>
>> I detect an opportunity for someone making an elegant range of business
>> pyjamas.  :-)
>
> Could also be useful for mums doing the school run (in Wales, reportedly).

What do you mean? Some of them wear pyjamas all day along with their
children right down to slippers. I also saw a complete family in
Wetherspoons in Taunton all wearing pyjamas so it's not just Wales.

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<t26gts$ta3$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26980&group=uk.railway#26980

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 09:33:48 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Hpj5zf/SR+mZLy1/O24tIKaDP2Q=
 by: Recliner - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 09:33 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
> From one of my curated feeds this morning:
>
> "ASSHOLMEN, SWEDEN, April 1 - On the opening day of its annual
> meeting, this year again held as a hybrid-online event due to the
> ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the American Service Society of
> Corporate Ambulatory Managers, or ASSCAM, announced the findings
> of a research report that found that a blending of the
> stay-at-home culture associated with the pandemic, and
> pre-pandemic style travel, could be achieved by having travellers
> wear their pyjamas in airports, railway stations, planes, and
> trains when going to and from business meetings as well as when
> attending conferences and other events."

The first of many such announcements today?

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<t26jsm$qv2$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26985&group=uk.railway#26985

From: NOTsome...@microsoft.invalid (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 11:24:23 +0100
 by: GB - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:24 UTC

On 01/04/2022 10:33, Recliner wrote:
> Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>> From one of my curated feeds this morning:
>>
>> "ASSHOLMEN, SWEDEN, April 1 - On the opening day of its annual
>> meeting, this year again held as a hybrid-online event due to the
>> ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the American Service Society of
>> Corporate Ambulatory Managers, or ASSCAM, announced the findings
>> of a research report that found that a blending of the
>> stay-at-home culture associated with the pandemic, and
>> pre-pandemic style travel, could be achieved by having travellers
>> wear their pyjamas in airports, railway stations, planes, and
>> trains when going to and from business meetings as well as when
>> attending conferences and other events."
>
> The first of many such announcements today?

I was searching The Times for the April Fool item, and failed to find
it. News that Russian soldiers had given themselves radiation poisoning
by digging trenches near Chernobyl seemed like a possible candidate, but
surely that would be in terrible taste?

The Guardian has a poll amongst readers about whether it's okay to leave
the toilet seat up.

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<8bkd4hpa37v694s41d077is05dvn6d019k@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26986&group=uk.railway#26986

From: chr...@cdixon.me.uk (Chris J Dixon)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 11:27:44 +0100
 by: Chris J Dixon - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:27 UTC

martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk wrote:

>On 01/04/2022 10:07, Roland Perry wrote:
>> In message <t26aoa$1c8$1@dont-email.me>, at 07:48:26 on Fri, 1 Apr 2022,
>> Sam Wilson <ukr@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk> remarked:

>>> I detect an opportunity for someone making an elegant range of business
>>> pyjamas.  :-)
>>
>> Could also be useful for mums doing the school run (in Wales, reportedly).
>
>What do you mean? Some of them wear pyjamas all day along with their
>children right down to slippers. I also saw a complete family in
>Wetherspoons in Taunton all wearing pyjamas so it's not just Wales.

I once had a bizarre visit to Nottingham IKEA, on a day when
breakfast was free to those turning up before 9 am in nightwear.

It was the start of a busy day, as I had already planned an
autumn colour visit to Westonbirt Arboretum, and an evening
ceilidh at Bath University, so I clocked a few miles up overall.

Chris

--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
chris@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<t26k5o$1dti$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26987&group=uk.railway#26987

From: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:29:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:29 UTC

On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 11:24:23 +0100
GB <NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid> wrote:
>On 01/04/2022 10:33, Recliner wrote:
>> Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>>> From one of my curated feeds this morning:
>>>
>>> "ASSHOLMEN, SWEDEN, April 1 - On the opening day of its annual
>>> meeting, this year again held as a hybrid-online event due to the
>>> ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the American Service Society of
>>> Corporate Ambulatory Managers, or ASSCAM, announced the findings
>>> of a research report that found that a blending of the
>>> stay-at-home culture associated with the pandemic, and
>>> pre-pandemic style travel, could be achieved by having travellers
>>> wear their pyjamas in airports, railway stations, planes, and
>>> trains when going to and from business meetings as well as when
>>> attending conferences and other events."
>>
>> The first of many such announcements today?
>>

>I was searching The Times for the April Fool item, and failed to find
>it. News that Russian soldiers had given themselves radiation poisoning
>by digging trenches near Chernobyl seemed like a possible candidate, but
>surely that would be in terrible taste?

I doubt thats a joke.

>The Guardian has a poll amongst readers about whether it's okay to leave
>the toilet seat up.

I went out with a girl who moaned about me leaving the seat up. Solved it
by leaving it down and pissing all over it. She didn't complain again though
to be fair we split up shortly after anyway.

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<t26k7b$1i9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26988&group=uk.railway#26988

From: ann...@noyd-dryver.com (Anna Noyd-Dryver)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:30:04 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:9w5lkxqElSZH+EOEnFf5F6oSwz4=
 by: Anna Noyd-Dryver - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:30 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
> From one of my curated feeds this morning:
>
> "ASSHOLMEN, SWEDEN, April 1
> American Service Society of
> Corporate Ambulatory Managers, or ASSCAM,

In other April 1st news:

Realtime Trains replaced unit numbers with Roman numerals

Lynton and Lynmouth are getting new plastic carriages
<https://www.facebook.com/119278831459150/posts/4883984951655157/?d=n>

RH&DR are recruiting dogs as drivers
<https://www.facebook.com/147704802056821/posts/2415595061934439/?d=n>

ELR installing steering wheels
<https://www.facebook.com/158053957545748/posts/7628104000540669/?d=n>

Talyllyn have found a rare photo of a Guinness loco in use on the line
<https://www.facebook.com/447386088732626/posts/2304514226353127/?d=n>

And… "Yorkshire and Lancashire are set to merge into one super county in a
bid to level up the North"
<https://www.facebook.com/103349327805235/posts/535722147901282/?d=n>

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<Rx9xKRijMtRiFAaO@perry.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26989&group=uk.railway#26989

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 11:25:39 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:25 UTC

In message <t26gco$flc$1@dont-email.me>, at 10:24:40 on Fri, 1 Apr 2022,
martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk remarked:
>On 01/04/2022 10:07, Roland Perry wrote:
>> In message <t26aoa$1c8$1@dont-email.me>, at 07:48:26 on Fri, 1 Apr
>>2022, Sam Wilson <ukr@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk> remarked:

>>> I detect an opportunity for someone making an elegant range of business
>>> pyjamas.  :-)

>> Could also be useful for mums doing the school run (in Wales,
>>reportedly).
>
>What do you mean? Some of them wear pyjamas all day along with their
>children right down to slippers. I also saw a complete family in
>Wetherspoons in Taunton all wearing pyjamas so it's not just Wales.

There have been complaints from supermarkets in Wales about these mums
dropping in to do a bit of shopping on the way home.

But cultures do differ. When I went to a conference adjacent to
an all-inclusive Red Sea resort, the majority of other hotel guests
were Russians, who I understand had special 'visa waivers', both from
Russia and Egypt.

Anyway, many of the Russians came down to breakfast in their night
clothes. And there's no harm in that, but it was an unusual sight
for us westerners.

ObRail: The return flight arrived mid-evening at Gatwick, but that was
still too late to catch the last train home, so I had to stay at
an airport hotel and resume the next morning. The flight out was
early morning, which isn't unusual, so that's a more routine
overnight hotel. I think each hotel night cost as much as the
flight. Not sure what the resort cost, because part of the deal
was it had to be pre-paid by our travel department, just like
the tourists would have pre-paid as part of a package.
--
Roland Perry

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<t26kv2$asr$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26991&group=uk.railway#26991

From: new...@hartig-mantel.de (Rolf Mantel)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 12:42:43 +0200
 by: Rolf Mantel - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:42 UTC

Am 01.04.2022 um 12:29 schrieb Muttley@dastardlyhq.com:
>> The Guardian has a poll amongst readers about whether it's okay to leave
>> the toilet seat up.
>
> I went out with a girl who moaned about me leaving the seat up. Solved it
> by leaving it down and pissing all over it. She didn't complain again though
> to be fair we split up shortly after anyway.

When there's no "Gent's", I prefer sitting down anyways...

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<t26l4g$jrr$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26992&group=uk.railway#26992

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:45:36 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:k6kP+BWvN3zmO9z1sTGC6hgHsdA=
 by: Recliner - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:45 UTC

https://londonist.com/london/latest-news/london-april-fools-jokes-2022

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<t26lpf$18g$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26996&group=uk.railway#26996

From: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 11:56:47 +0100
 by: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:56 UTC

On 01/04/2022 11:25, Roland Perry wrote:
> In message <t26gco$flc$1@dont-email.me>, at 10:24:40 on Fri, 1 Apr 2022,
> martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk remarked:
>> On 01/04/2022 10:07, Roland Perry wrote:
>>> In message <t26aoa$1c8$1@dont-email.me>, at 07:48:26 on Fri, 1 Apr
>>> 2022,  Sam Wilson <ukr@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk> remarked:

>>>  Could also be useful for mums doing the school run (in Wales,
>>> reportedly).
>>
>> What do you mean?  Some of them wear pyjamas all day along with their
>> children right down to slippers.  I also saw a complete family in
>> Wetherspoons in Taunton all wearing pyjamas so it's not just Wales.
>
> There have been complaints from supermarkets in Wales about these mums
> dropping in to do a bit of shopping on the way home.

I know that. My local Tesco was one. However you have to understand
they have the most selfish, rudest, and self-entitled customers of any
store around here, including other Tescos. I only go in there for an
emergency, usually the wash room..

> But cultures do differ. When I went to a conference adjacent to
> an all-inclusive Red Sea resort, the majority of other hotel guests
> were Russians, who I understand had special 'visa waivers', both from
> Russia and Egypt.
>
> Anyway, many of the Russians came down to breakfast in their night
> clothes. And there's no harm in that, but it was an unusual sight
> for us westerners.
>
> ObRail: The return flight arrived mid-evening at Gatwick, but that was
>         still too late to catch the last train home, so I had to stay at
>         an airport hotel and resume the next morning. The flight out was
>         early morning, which isn't unusual, so that's a more routine
>         overnight hotel. I think each hotel night cost as much as the
>         flight. Not sure what the resort cost, because part of the deal
>         was it had to be pre-paid by our travel department, just like
>         the tourists would have pre-paid as part of a package.

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<t26lu5$18g$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=26998&group=uk.railway#26998

From: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 11:59:17 +0100
 by: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:59 UTC

On 01/04/2022 11:30, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
> Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>> From one of my curated feeds this morning:
>>
>> "ASSHOLMEN, SWEDEN, April 1
>> American Service Society of
>> Corporate Ambulatory Managers, or ASSCAM,
>
> In other April 1st news:
>
> Realtime Trains replaced unit numbers with Roman numerals
People around here thought it a problem with their web site!

> Lynton and Lynmouth are getting new plastic carriages
> <https://www.facebook.com/119278831459150/posts/4883984951655157/?d=n>
>
> RH&DR are recruiting dogs as drivers
> <https://www.facebook.com/147704802056821/posts/2415595061934439/?d=n>
>
> ELR installing steering wheels
> <https://www.facebook.com/158053957545748/posts/7628104000540669/?d=n>
>
> Talyllyn have found a rare photo of a Guinness loco in use on the line
> <https://www.facebook.com/447386088732626/posts/2304514226353127/?d=n>
>
> And… "Yorkshire and Lancashire are set to merge into one super county in a
> bid to level up the North"
> <https://www.facebook.com/103349327805235/posts/535722147901282/?d=n>

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<t274f6$1hcc$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27026&group=uk.railway#27026

From: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 15:07:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mutt...@dastardlyhq.com - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 15:07 UTC

On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 12:42:43 +0200
Rolf Mantel <news@hartig-mantel.de> wrote:
>Am 01.04.2022 um 12:29 schrieb Muttley@dastardlyhq.com:
>>> The Guardian has a poll amongst readers about whether it's okay to leave
>>> the toilet seat up.
>>
>> I went out with a girl who moaned about me leaving the seat up. Solved it
>> by leaving it down and pissing all over it. She didn't complain again though
>> to be fair we split up shortly after anyway.
>>
>When there's no "Gent's", I prefer sitting down anyways...

I can't think of anything worse than sitting on a seat hundreds of strangers
may have pissed or shat on by mistake between cleans.

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<t2756q$leq$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27034&group=uk.railway#27034

From: new...@hartig-mantel.de (Rolf Mantel)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 17:19:55 +0200
 by: Rolf Mantel - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 15:19 UTC

Am 01.04.2022 um 17:07 schrieb Muttley@dastardlyhq.com:
> On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 12:42:43 +0200
> Rolf Mantel <news@hartig-mantel.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> I went out with a girl who moaned about me leaving the seat up. Solved it
>>> by leaving it down and pissing all over it. She didn't complain again though
>>> to be fair we split up shortly after anyway.
>>>
>> When there's no "Gent's", I prefer sitting down anyways...
>
> I can't think of anything worse than sitting on a seat hundreds of strangers
> may have pissed or shat on by mistake between cleans.

In private premises, the number of loo-users is usually quite low and
the number of strangers hopefully near zero, and women have to go
through the same ordeal; in premises with hundreds of visitors, there's
a "Gent's" without the need of getting close to a toilet seat.

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<t276p3$tge$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27036&group=uk.railway#27036

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 15:46:43 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:74BqvWd4IIeW28gd+LTeE6FHWqY=
 by: Recliner - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 15:46 UTC

GB <NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid> wrote:
> On 01/04/2022 10:33, Recliner wrote:
>> Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>>> From one of my curated feeds this morning:
>>>
>>> "ASSHOLMEN, SWEDEN, April 1 - On the opening day of its annual
>>> meeting, this year again held as a hybrid-online event due to the
>>> ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the American Service Society of
>>> Corporate Ambulatory Managers, or ASSCAM, announced the findings
>>> of a research report that found that a blending of the
>>> stay-at-home culture associated with the pandemic, and
>>> pre-pandemic style travel, could be achieved by having travellers
>>> wear their pyjamas in airports, railway stations, planes, and
>>> trains when going to and from business meetings as well as when
>>> attending conferences and other events."
>>
>> The first of many such announcements today?
>>

> I was searching The Times for the April Fool item, and failed to find
> it. News that Russian soldiers had given themselves radiation poisoning
> by digging trenches near Chernobyl seemed like a possible candidate, but
> surely that would be in terrible taste?
>
> The Guardian has a poll amongst readers about whether it's okay to leave
> the toilet seat up.

<https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/04/01/april-fools-day-jokes-many-did-spot-did-miss/>

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<9I9qEN4hHyRiFAMK@perry.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27040&group=uk.railway#27040

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 17:01:37 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:01 UTC

In message <t26l4g$jrr$1@dont-email.me>, at 10:45:36 on Fri, 1 Apr 2022,
Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>https://londonist.com/london/latest-news/london-april-fools-jokes-2022

IanVisits surely knows that the platforms at Down St are only ~200m from
the Buckingham Palace grounds. And the Victoria Line runs directly under
the Memorial in front of the Palace. Put the two together, and ...
--
Roland Perry

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<dvgg4h1vsop5vbemgib7tdmpcph52h4ef8@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27075&group=uk.railway#27075

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2022 13:39:31 +0100
 by: Recliner - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 12:39 UTC

On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 17:01:37 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:

>In message <t26l4g$jrr$1@dont-email.me>, at 10:45:36 on Fri, 1 Apr 2022,
>Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>
>>https://londonist.com/london/latest-news/london-april-fools-jokes-2022
>
>IanVisits surely knows that the platforms at Down St are only ~200m from
>the Buckingham Palace grounds. And the Victoria Line runs directly under
>the Memorial in front of the Palace. Put the two together, and ...

That's why it's a good April Fool — the more credible the better.

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<xX7Zj8Y3HFSiFAkd@perry.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27076&group=uk.railway#27076

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2022 14:39:03 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 13:39 UTC

In message <dvgg4h1vsop5vbemgib7tdmpcph52h4ef8@4ax.com>, at 13:39:31 on
Sat, 2 Apr 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 17:01:37 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>In message <t26l4g$jrr$1@dont-email.me>, at 10:45:36 on Fri, 1 Apr 2022,
>>Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>>
>>>https://londonist.com/london/latest-news/london-april-fools-jokes-2022
>>
>>IanVisits surely knows that the platforms at Down St are only ~200m from
>>the Buckingham Palace grounds. And the Victoria Line runs directly under
>>the Memorial in front of the Palace. Put the two together, and ...
>
>That's why it's a good April Fool — the more credible the better.

The concept is credible, but the delivery wasn't, unfortunately. Far too
many clues.
--
Roland Perry

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<sdog4hd1n1fcobups0ib9qghr47fjm0kvk@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27077&group=uk.railway#27077

From: charlese...@btinternet.com (Charles Ellson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2022 15:47:08 +0100
 by: Charles Ellson - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 14:47 UTC

On Sat, 2 Apr 2022 14:39:03 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk>
wrote:

>In message <dvgg4h1vsop5vbemgib7tdmpcph52h4ef8@4ax.com>, at 13:39:31 on
>Sat, 2 Apr 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>>On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 17:01:37 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>In message <t26l4g$jrr$1@dont-email.me>, at 10:45:36 on Fri, 1 Apr 2022,
>>>Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>>IanVisits surely knows that the platforms at Down St are only ~200m from
>>>the Buckingham Palace grounds. And the Victoria Line runs directly under
>>>the Memorial in front of the Palace. Put the two together, and ...
>>
>>That's why it's a good April Fool — the more credible the better.
>
>The concept is credible, but the delivery wasn't, unfortunately. Far too
>many clues.

The fun often lies in how many people miss the clues.

Re: [Not Ely] Major shift in corporate dress code

<8v1h4hhr5dbs4lug865ska18s1ms539l67@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27088&group=uk.railway#27088

From: use...@listmail.good-stuff.co.uk (Mark Goodge)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2022 18:31:18 +0100
 by: Mark Goodge - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 17:31 UTC

On Sat, 02 Apr 2022 15:47:08 +0100, Charles Ellson
<charlesellson@btinternet.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 2 Apr 2022 14:39:03 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>In message <dvgg4h1vsop5vbemgib7tdmpcph52h4ef8@4ax.com>, at 13:39:31 on

>>>That's why it's a good April Fool — the more credible the better.
>>
>>The concept is credible, but the delivery wasn't, unfortunately. Far too
>>many clues.
>>
>The fun often lies in how many people miss the clues.

A good April fool starts out entirely plausible, but becomes slightly
less so in each successive paragraph, so that by the time you reach the
end it's fairly obvious. The people who get caught out are the ones who
don't read all the way to the end. And for everyone else, it's about how
soon you realise.

Mark