No running on pool deck.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

SubjectAuthor
* Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavementswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclistTMS320
`* Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavementMr Pounder Esquire
 +- Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclistswldx...@gmail.com
 `* Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclistMike Collins
  `* Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavementMr Pounder Esquire
   +- Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclistMike Collins
   `* Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclistJNugent
    +* Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclistJNugent
    |+* Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavementMr Pounder Esquire
    ||`* Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclistJNugent
    || `* Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavementMr Pounder Esquire
    ||  +* Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclistMike Collins
    ||  |`* Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclistJNugent
    ||  | `- Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclistMike Collins
    ||  `* Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclistswldx...@gmail.com
    ||   `- Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavementMr Pounder Esquire
    |`* Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclistMike Collins
    | `- Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclistJNugent
    `- Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavementMr Pounder Esquire

1
Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<7a793deb-d196-45bc-86cf-b0bae5fcf3cbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2646&group=uk.rec.cycling#2646

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 13:43:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 20:43 UTC

Today's video in our Near Miss of the Day series shows the moment a cyclist had to jump onto a pavement as a lorry driver, travelling behind a car, came in the opposite direction taking up the available width of the road, narrowed due to cars parked on the right.

Anita, the road.cc reader who sent in the clip, said: "I just left my house and as I turned onto the main road I approached some park cars on the right meaning oncoming traffic would have to move over to pass them - not really a problem but bear in mind I had high vis clothing and a LED daytime running light a car came through followed by a truck ...

"I would have thought he should have given way or was I at fault because I had my normal head down and wanted to carry on?"

"Needless to say when he carried on I had to hop onto the pavement as he was uncomfortably close.

"Passed to Wiltshire Traffic Police as a close pass incident but they were not interested.

"Sad to say just after this there were two accidents involving school age children on Ermin Street - local people will know about these," she added.

Now, Highway Code Rule 163 provides that road users should "give way to oncoming vehicles before passing parked vehicles or other obstructions on your side of the road."

Often, though, what the Highway Code says and the driving a cyclist experiences out on the road are two entirely different things, of course.

Given that the rider here was wearing hi-viz and had a flashing light, the driver should have seen her and stopped and waited before the parked cars to let her through.

In this case, as you can see, the driver didn't - and given the truck driver was following the car through that narrow section, they may well not have anticipated anything coming the other way, far less someone on a bike (which is not, of course, to say that they shoudln't be looking).

If anything, it's an epsiode that serves as a reminder that if you're a cyclist coming up to this kind of situation where the road is narrowed due to parked cars and there are vehicles coming in the opposite direction, even if their drivers should according to the Highway Code wait it's better to play it defensively and pull over until those vehicles have passed.

https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-631-oncoming-hgv-driver-forces-cyclist-pavement-286083

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<sgrh1m$bt2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2649&group=uk.rec.cycling#2649

From: dr6...@gmail.com (TMS320)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist
onto pavement
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 22:51:49 +0100
 by: TMS320 - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 21:51 UTC

On 02/09/2021 21:43, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Today's video in our Near Miss of the Day series shows the moment a
> cyclist had to jump onto a pavement as a lorry driver, travelling
> behind a car, came in the opposite direction taking up the available
> width of the road, narrowed due to cars parked on the right.
>
> Anita, the road.cc reader who sent in the clip, said: "I just left my
> house and as I turned onto the main road I approached some park cars
> on the right meaning oncoming traffic would have to move over to pass
> them - not really a problem but bear in mind I had high vis clothing
> and a LED daytime running light a car came through followed by a
> truck ...
>
> "I would have thought he should have given way or was I at fault
> because I had my normal head down and wanted to carry on?"
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-631-oncoming-hgv-driver-forces-cyclist-pavement-286083

The problem here is that we can see that the lorry was already passing
the parked cars before the cyclist reached them. Makes me wince to look
at it. Cyclist misjudgement, I suggest.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<sgrikh$92v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2650&group=uk.rec.cycling#2650

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 23:18:38 +0100
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 22:18 UTC

swldx...@wanker. com wrote more boring shit in his sad lonely little cycling
life. I was trawling the web today and found this load of shit.
> Today's video in YOUR Near Miss of the Day series shows the moment a
> cyclist had to jump JUMP? onto a pavement as a lorry driver, travelling
> behind a car, came in the opposite direction taking up the available
> width of the road, narrowed due to cars parked on the right.
>
> Anita, the road.cc reader who sent in the clip, said: "I just left my
> COUNCIL FLAT
> A BIT PISSED UP and as I turned onto the main road I approached some park
> cars (PARK CARS TO PLAY WITH IN A PARK?)
> on the right meaning oncoming traffic would have to move over to pass
> them - not really a problem but bear in mind I had high vis clothing
> and a LED daytime running light IN MY FREE LOADING SHIT COUNCIL FLAT a car
> came through followed by a
> truck ...
>
> "I would have thought he should have given way or was I at fault
> because I had my normal head down AND WAS LOOKING AT MY FRONT WHEEL and
> wanted to carry on?"
>
> "Needless to say when he carried on I had to hop onto the pavement WHERE
> I USUALLY RIDE as
> he was uncomfortably close.
>
> "Passed to Wiltshire Traffic Police as a close pass incident but they
> were not interested AS THEY HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN LISTEN TO A
> FUCKING MOANING SPONGING CYCLIST.
>
> "Sad to say just after this there "were" two accidents involving school
> HAS BEEN .................ILLITERATE COUNCIL ESTATE CUNT
> age children on Ermin Street - local people will know about these, TWO
> ACCIDENTS IN HOW MANY YEARS?
> she added.
>
> Now, Highway Code Rule 163 provides that road users should "give way
> to oncoming vehicles before passing parked vehicles or other
> obstructions on your side of the road." YES.
>
> Often, though, what the Highway Code says and the driving a cyclist
> experiences out on the road are two entirely different things, of
> course.
YES, BECAUSE CYCLISTS ARE IN INFERIOR. NEXT WILL BE CLM, SAME AS BLM -
CYCLISTS LIFES DO NOT MATTER.

> Given that the rider here was wearing hi-viz and had a flashing
> light, the driver should have seen her and stopped and waited before
> the parked cars to let her through.

LIKE CYCLISTS SEE RED TRAFFIC LIGHTS AND STOP?

> In this case, as you can see, the driver didn't - and given the truck
> driver was following the car through that narrow section, they may
> well not have anticipated anything coming the other way, far less
> someone on a bike (which is not, of course, to say that they
> shoudln't be looking). SHOUDLN'T? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

WTF DO YOU MEAN AS YOU CAN SEE? I CAN'T SEE WHAT REALLY HAPPENED.

> If anything, it's an epsiode that serves as a reminder that if you're
> a cyclist coming up to this kind of situation where the road is
> narrowed due to parked cars and there are vehicles coming in the
> opposite direction, even if their drivers should according to the
> Highway Code wait it's better to play it defensively and pull over
> until those vehicles have passed.

ACCORDING TO THE HIGHWAY CODE? CYCLISTS SHOULD KEEP THEIR STUPID GOBS SHUT
ABOUT THE HIGHWAY CODE AS THEY HAVE NEVER READ IT.

> https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-631-oncoming-hgv-driver-forces-cyclist-pavement-286083

road.cc really does suit the low intelligence of scum cyclists.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<d939b310-538e-4ea1-a01d-7a7c231a8a09n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2660&group=uk.rec.cycling#2660

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 03:29:04 -0700 (PDT)
onto pavement
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 10:29 UTC

On Thursday, September 2, 2021 at 11:18:59 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
CYCLISTS SHOULD KEEP THEIR STUPID GOBS SHUT
> ABOUT THE HIGHWAY CODE AS THEY HAVE NEVER READ IT.

Also, these crimes. Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig zags, outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by inconsiderate parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no car tax, no licence, no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking on double lines, due care, bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed monsters, no rear lights, no brake lights, no indicators, fog light abuse, faulty steering, windscreen obscuration, darkly tinted windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts, insecure load, one way street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse, bus lane abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess smoke and noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash fiddles, underage child in front, lights causing glare, over weight limit, ignoring no entry signs, parking without permit, not having control of your vehicle, improper use of horn, using horn at night, no in date photo licence, no licence application after long ban, without prescribed eyewear, failing to stop for police/lollipop/zebra etc - ran out of space

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<1efb58f3-00b3-4dc4-9f35-f16ceecfc8a1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2673&group=uk.rec.cycling#2673

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 04:49:09 -0700 (PDT)
onto pavement
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 11:49 UTC

On Thursday, 2 September 2021 at 23:18:59 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> [...]
> > someone on a bike (which is not, of course, to say that they
> > shoudln't be looking). SHOUDLN'T? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
>
> WTF DO YOU MEAN AS YOU CAN SEE? I CAN'T SEE WHAT REALLY HAPPENED.
> >
> > If anything, it's an epsiode that serves as a reminder that if you're
> > a cyclist coming up to this kind of situation where the road is
> > narrowed due to parked cars and there are vehicles coming in the
> > opposite direction, even if their drivers should according to the
> > Highway Code wait it's better to play it defensively and pull over
> > until those vehicles have passed.
> ACCORDING TO THE HIGHWAY CODE? CYCLISTS SHOULD KEEP THEIR STUPID GOBS SHUT
> ABOUT THE HIGHWAY CODE AS THEY HAVE NEVER READ IT.
> >
> > https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-631-oncoming-hgv-driver-forces-cyclist-pavement-286083
>
> road.cc really does suit the low intelligence of scum cyclists.

Please do not feed the sad lonely trolls.Especially those who live in a damp, rat infested council basement bedsit under the dole office in Preston with their little dog and spend their tax payer funded days lurking in the local park bushes photographing little girls.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<sgt3cl$7kp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2682&group=uk.rec.cycling#2682

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 13:10:39 +0100
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 12:10 UTC

Mike Collins wrote:
> [...]
>>> a cyclist coming up to this kind of situation where the road is
>>> narrowed due to parked cars and there are vehicles coming in the
>>> opposite direction, even if their drivers should according to the
>>> Highway Code wait it's better to play it defensively and pull over
>>> until those vehicles have passed.
>> ACCORDING TO THE HIGHWAY CODE? CYCLISTS SHOULD KEEP THEIR STUPID
>> GOBS SHUT ABOUT THE HIGHWAY CODE AS THEY HAVE NEVER READ IT.
>>>
>>> https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-631-oncoming-hgv-driver-forces-cyclist-pavement-286083
>>
>> road.cc really does suit the low intelligence of scum cyclists.
>
> Please do not feed the sad lonely trolls.Especially those who live in
> a damp, rat infested council basement bedsit under the dole office in
> Preston with their little dog and spend their tax payer funded days
> lurking in the local park bushes photographing little girls.

I no longer live in Preston.
There is no longer a dole office in Preston.
I have never been on the dole in my life.
Try harder ya little faggot.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<a113f862-1be2-4df3-8a02-dff470124d32n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2684&group=uk.rec.cycling#2684

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 05:36:45 -0700 (PDT)
onto pavement
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 12:36 UTC

On Friday, 3 September 2021 at 13:11:06 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> Mike Collins wrote:
> > On Thursday, 2 September 2021 at 23:18:59 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire
> > wrote:
> >> swldx...@wanker. com wrote more boring shit in his sad lonely little
> >> cycling life. I was trawling the web today and found this load of
> >> shit.

> >> YES, BECAUSE CYCLISTS ARE IN INFERIOR. NEXT WILL BE CLM, SAME AS BLM
> >> - CYCLISTS LIFES DO NOT MATTER.

> >> LIKE CYCLISTS SEE RED TRAFFIC LIGHTS AND STOP?

> >> WTF DO YOU MEAN AS YOU CAN SEE? I CAN'T SEE WHAT REALLY HAPPENED.

> >> ACCORDING TO THE HIGHWAY CODE? CYCLISTS SHOULD KEEP THEIR STUPID
> >> GOBS SHUT ABOUT THE HIGHWAY CODE AS THEY HAVE NEVER READ IT.

> >> road.cc really does suit the low intelligence of scum cyclists.
> >
> > Please do not feed the sad lonely trolls.Especially those who live in
> > a damp, rat infested council basement bedsit under the dole office in
> > Preston with their little dog and spend their tax payer funded days
> > lurking in the local park bushes photographing little girls.
> I no longer live in Preston.
> There is no longer a dole office in Preston.
> I have never been on the dole in my life.

So you are homeless.

> Try harder ya little faggot.

One advantage of cycling is you can eat things like faggots with mashed potato and onion gravy and not put on weight.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<ipeqeeFj59tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2690&group=uk.rec.cycling#2690

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
onto pavement
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 15:40:14 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 14:40 UTC

On 03/09/2021 01:10 pm, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> Mike Collins wrote:
>> On Thursday, 2 September 2021 at 23:18:59 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire
>> wrote:
>>> swldx...@wanker. com wrote more boring shit in his sad lonely little
>>> cycling life. I was trawling the web today and found this load of
>>> shit.

>>> YES, BECAUSE CYCLISTS ARE IN INFERIOR. NEXT WILL BE CLM, SAME AS BLM
>>> - CYCLISTS LIFES DO NOT MATTER.

>>> LIKE CYCLISTS SEE RED TRAFFIC LIGHTS AND STOP?

>>> WTF DO YOU MEAN AS YOU CAN SEE? I CAN'T SEE WHAT REALLY HAPPENED.

>>> ACCORDING TO THE HIGHWAY CODE? CYCLISTS SHOULD KEEP THEIR STUPID
>>> GOBS SHUT ABOUT THE HIGHWAY CODE AS THEY HAVE NEVER READ IT.

>>> road.cc really does suit the low intelligence of scum cyclists.
>>
>> Please do not feed the sad lonely trolls.Especially those who live in
>> a damp, rat infested council basement bedsit under the dole office in
>> Preston with their little dog and spend their tax payer funded days
>> lurking in the local park bushes photographing little girls.
>
> I no longer live in Preston.
> There is no longer a dole office in Preston.
> I have never been on the dole in my life.
> Try harder ya little faggot.

As you must already know, the Jobcentre (Plus) is at: Gateway House, 200
Ring Way, Preston PR1 2ER.

You'd better get a move on. It closes at 17:00.

Why did you say there's no dole office in Preston when there very
obviously is one, as you already know?

[PS: Before you start off on one of your long ranting red herring
attempts, there has (literally) never been such a thing - anywhere - as
a "dole office". The phrase, when used by persons like yourself, is
taken in common parlance to mean a social security office or a Jobcentre
plus office (cf also "the brew", "the soshe"). Your inaccurate sentence
"There is no longer a dole office in Preston" cannot be taken,
therefore, as a reference to something actually called a "dole office",
because if that had been what you meant, you'd have said: "There has
never been a dole office in Preston". But you didn't say that.]

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<ipeqlsFj74cU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2691&group=uk.rec.cycling#2691

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
onto pavement
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 15:44:12 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 14:44 UTC

On 03/09/2021 03:40 pm, JNugent wrote:
> On 03/09/2021 01:10 pm, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> Mike Collins wrote:

>>> Please do not feed the sad lonely trolls.Especially those who live in
>>> a damp, rat infested council basement bedsit under the dole office in
>>> Preston with their little dog and spend their tax payer funded days
>>> lurking in the local park bushes photographing little girls.
>>
>> I no longer live in Preston.
>> There is no longer a dole office in Preston.
>> I have never been on the dole in my life.
>> Try harder ya little faggot.

MY ERROR (and apology):

I thought it was Collins who'd written that post. My reply was therefore
aimed at him, and on his admission that he had lived in preston.

Apologies to all concerned, especially to Mr Pounder Esquire.

[But it did seem to make sense that Collins had written it. he is
over-sensitive to aspersions cast upon his geographical location,
apparently somewhere in The Debtors' Retreat.]

To Collins:

> As you must already know, the Jobcentre (Plus) is at: Gateway House, 200
> Ring Way, Preston PR1 2ER.
>
> You'd better get a move on. It closes at 17:00.
>
> Why did you say there's no dole office in Preston when there very
> obviously is one, as you already know?
>
> [PS: Before you start off on one of your long ranting red herring
> attempts, there has (literally) never been such a thing - anywhere - as
> a "dole office". The phrase, when used by persons like yourself, is
> taken in common parlance to mean a social security office or a Jobcentre
> plus office (cf also "the brew", "the soshe"). Your inaccurate sentence
> "There is no longer a dole office in Preston" cannot be taken,
> therefore, as a reference to something actually called a "dole office",
> because if that had been what you meant, you'd have said: "There has
> never been a dole office in Preston". But you didn't say that.]

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<sgteal$ol8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2695&group=uk.rec.cycling#2695

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 16:17:40 +0100
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 15:17 UTC

JNugent wrote:
> On 03/09/2021 01:10 pm, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> Mike Collins wrote:

>>> Please do not feed the sad lonely trolls.Especially those who live
>>> in a damp, rat infested council basement bedsit under the dole
>>> office in Preston with their little dog and spend their tax payer
>>> funded days lurking in the local park bushes photographing little
>>> girls.
>>
>> I no longer live in Preston.
>> There is no longer a dole office in Preston.
>> I have never been on the dole in my life.
>> Try harder ya little faggot.
>
> As you must already know, the Jobcentre (Plus) is at: Gateway House,
> 200 Ring Way, Preston PR1 2ER.

I'd heard that it was closed down, that's why I made my inaccurate
statement.

> You'd better get a move on. It closes at 17:00.
>
> Why did you say there's no dole office in Preston when there very
> obviously is one, as you already know?

See above

> [PS: Before you start off on one of your long ranting red herring
> attempts, there has (literally) never been such a thing - anywhere -
> as a "dole office". The phrase, when used by persons like yourself, is
> taken in common parlance to mean a social security office or a
> Jobcentre plus office (cf also "the brew", "the soshe"). Your
> inaccurate sentence "There is no longer a dole office in Preston"
> cannot be taken, therefore, as a reference to something actually
> called a "dole office", because if that had been what you meant,
> you'd have said: "There has never been a dole office in Preston". But
> you didn't say that.]

Calm down.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<sgteem$pha$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2696&group=uk.rec.cycling#2696

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 16:19:50 +0100
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 15:19 UTC

JNugent wrote:
> On 03/09/2021 03:40 pm, JNugent wrote:

>>> I no longer live in Preston.
>>> There is no longer a dole office in Preston.
>>> I have never been on the dole in my life.
>>> Try harder ya little faggot.
>>
> MY ERROR (and apology):
>
> I thought it was Collins who'd written that post. My reply was
> therefore aimed at him, and on his admission that he had lived in
> preston.
> Apologies to all concerned, especially to Mr Pounder Esquire.

Accepted :-)

> [But it did seem to make sense that Collins had written it. he is
> over-sensitive to aspersions cast upon his geographical location,
> apparently somewhere in The Debtors' Retreat.]
>
> To Collins:
>
>> As you must already know, the Jobcentre (Plus) is at: Gateway House,
>> 200 Ring Way, Preston PR1 2ER.
>>
>> You'd better get a move on. It closes at 17:00.
>>
>> Why did you say there's no dole office in Preston when there very
>> obviously is one, as you already know?
>>
>> [PS: Before you start off on one of your long ranting red herring
>> attempts, there has (literally) never been such a thing - anywhere -
>> as a "dole office". The phrase, when used by persons like yourself,
>> is taken in common parlance to mean a social security office or a
>> Jobcentre plus office (cf also "the brew", "the soshe"). Your
>> inaccurate sentence "There is no longer a dole office in Preston"
>> cannot be taken, therefore, as a reference to something actually
>> called a "dole office", because if that had been what you meant,
>> you'd have said: "There has never been a dole office in Preston".
>> But you didn't say that.]

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<74ea3ae0-507b-4570-b13c-8f94e2708dcfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2697&group=uk.rec.cycling#2697

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 08:32:01 -0700 (PDT)
onto pavement
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 15:32 UTC

On Friday, 3 September 2021 at 15:44:14 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 03/09/2021 03:40 pm, JNugent wrote:

> >> I no longer live in Preston.
> >> There is no longer a dole office in Preston.
> >> I have never been on the dole in my life.
> >> Try harder ya little faggot.
> >
> MY ERROR (and apology):
>
> I thought it was Collins who'd written that post. My reply was therefore
> aimed at him, and on his admission that he had lived in preston.
>
> Apologies to all concerned, especially to Mr Pounder Esquire.

Apology accepted.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<ipevngFk5g5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2699&group=uk.rec.cycling#2699

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
onto pavement
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 17:10:24 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 16:10 UTC

On 03/09/2021 04:32 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Friday, 3 September 2021 at 15:44:14 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

>> MY ERROR (and apology):
>>
>> I thought it was Collins who'd written that post. My reply was therefore
>> aimed at him, and on his admission that he had lived in preston.
>>
>> Apologies to all concerned, especially to Mr Pounder Esquire.
>>

> Apology accepted.

Thank you.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<ipevo6Fk5g5U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2700&group=uk.rec.cycling#2700

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
onto pavement
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 17:10:47 +0100

On 03/09/2021 04:19 pm, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> JNugent wrote:

>> MY ERROR (and apology):
>>
>> I thought it was Collins who'd written that post. My reply was
>> therefore aimed at him, and on his admission that he had lived in
>> preston.
>> Apologies to all concerned, especially to Mr Pounder Esquire.
>
> Accepted :-)

Thank you.

>> [But it did seem to make sense that Collins had written it. he is
>> over-sensitive to aspersions cast upon his geographical location,
>> apparently somewhere in The Debtors' Retreat.]
>>
>> To Collins:
>>
>>> As you must already know, the Jobcentre (Plus) is at: Gateway House,
>>> 200 Ring Way, Preston PR1 2ER.
>>>
>>> You'd better get a move on. It closes at 17:00.
>>>
>>> Why did you say there's no dole office in Preston when there very
>>> obviously is one, as you already know?
>>>
>>> [PS: Before you start off on one of your long ranting red herring
>>> attempts, there has (literally) never been such a thing - anywhere -
>>> as a "dole office". The phrase, when used by persons like yourself,
>>> is taken in common parlance to mean a social security office or a
>>> Jobcentre plus office (cf also "the brew", "the soshe"). Your
>>> inaccurate sentence "There is no longer a dole office in Preston"
>>> cannot be taken, therefore, as a reference to something actually
>>> called a "dole office", because if that had been what you meant,
>>> you'd have said: "There has never been a dole office in Preston".
>>> But you didn't say that.]

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<sgtouv$9rj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2708&group=uk.rec.cycling#2708

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 19:19:10 +0100
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 18:19 UTC

JNugent wrote:
> On 03/09/2021 04:19 pm, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> JNugent wrote:

>>> MY ERROR (and apology):
>>>
>>> I thought it was Collins who'd written that post. My reply was
>>> therefore aimed at him, and on his admission that he had lived in
>>> preston.
>>> Apologies to all concerned, especially to Mr Pounder Esquire.
>>
>> Accepted :-)
>
> Thank you.

It would seem that we are the only posters left attempting to educate these
Neanderthals.
The other posters gave up in disgust. The Medway Handyman was stalked and
threatened by a cyclist whom he naturally got the better of. Cyclists will
do that as they can't handle the truth.
As the saying goes, You Can't Polish A Turd. But it's fun to try.

>>> [But it did seem to make sense that Collins had written it. he is
>>> over-sensitive to aspersions cast upon his geographical location,
>>> apparently somewhere in The Debtors' Retreat.]
>>>
>>> To Collins:

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<131df9c1-f1fb-42f1-b5a7-a0d8d23bf6f0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2710&group=uk.rec.cycling#2710

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 11:26:27 -0700 (PDT)
onto pavement
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 18:26 UTC

On Friday, 3 September 2021 at 19:19:13 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> JNugent wrote:

> >> Accepted :-)
> >
> > Thank you.
> It would seem that we are the only posters left attempting to educate these
> Neanderthals.

How dare Cyclists post their opinions on a cycling newsgroup.
Clearly all posts should be vetted by an unemployable pervert.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<56641877-15be-4e69-84a2-5a78a11b4d6dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2712&group=uk.rec.cycling#2712

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 11:41:34 -0700 (PDT)
onto pavement
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 18:41 UTC

On Friday, September 3, 2021 at 7:19:13 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
The Medway Handyman was stalked and
> threatened by a cyclist whom he naturally got the better of.

Judith has cleared off, Mr Benn has died and Mr Cheerful has long gone.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<sgtslb$41k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2714&group=uk.rec.cycling#2714

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 20:22:18 +0100
References: <7a793deb-d196-45bc-86cf-b0bae5fcf3cbn@googlegroups.com> <sgrikh$92v$1@dont-email.me> <1efb58f3-00b3-4dc4-9f35-f16ceecfc8a1n@googlegroups.com> <sgt3cl$7kp$1@dont-email.me> <ipeqeeFj59tU1@mid.individual.net> <ipeqlsFj74cU1@mid.individual.net> <sgteem$pha$1@dont-email.me> <ipevo6Fk5g5U2@mid.individual.net> <sgtouv$9rj$1@dont-email.me> <56641877-15be-4e69-84a2-5a78a11b4d6dn@googlegroups.com>
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 19:22 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, September 3, 2021 at 7:19:13 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire
> wrote: The Medway Handyman was stalked and
>> threatened by a cyclist whom he naturally got the better of.
>
> Judith has cleared off, Mr Benn has died and Mr Cheerful has long
> gone.

More snipping from the obsessed push bike sad tosser with no life from the
pikey shithole of Hull.
The mentioned easily kicked the shit out of you lot.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<ipfo1eFolpuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2715&group=uk.rec.cycling#2715

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
onto pavement
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 00:05:19 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 23:05 UTC

On 03/09/2021 07:26 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> On Friday, 3 September 2021 at 19:19:13 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> JNugent wrote:

>>> Thank you.
>> It would seem that we are the only posters left attempting to educate these
>> Neanderthals.
>
> How dare Cyclists post their opinions on a cycling newsgroup.
> Clearly all posts should be vetted by an unemployable pervert.

I thought you'd accepted that job?

Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement

<a503fbe9-556b-4d70-b3e3-98107eb93360n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2718&group=uk.rec.cycling#2718

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 20:01:59 -0700 (PDT)
onto pavement
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 03:01 UTC

On Saturday, 4 September 2021 at 00:05:20 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 03/09/2021 07:26 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> >> It would seem that we are the only posters left attempting to educate these
> >> Neanderthals.
> >
> > How dare Cyclists post their opinions on a cycling newsgroup.
> > Clearly all posts should be vetted by an unemployable pervert.
> I thought you'd accepted that job?

Har!, Har!, Har! and indeed Har!.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Near Miss of the Day 631: Oncoming lorry driver forces cyclist onto pavement