The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Real Dumb Gay Masochistic Little Cyclist Alert!

SubjectAuthor
* Power Switch: "I'm feeling rather smug" says London plumber who hasswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Power Switch: "I'm feeling rather smug" says London plumber who has successfMr Pounder Esquire
|+- Re: Power Switch: "I'm feeling rather smug" says London plumber whoJNugent
|+- Re: Power Switch: "I'm feeling rather smug" says London plumber whoswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Power Switch: "I'm feeling rather smug" says London plumber whoMike Collins
|`* Re: Power Switch: "I'm feeling rather smug" says London plumber whoPeter Keller
| `- Re: Real Dumb Gay Masochistic Little Cyclist Alert!Peter Keller
`- Re: Power Switch: "I'm feeling rather smug" says London plumber whoJNugent

1
Power Switch: "I'm feeling rather smug" says London plumber who has successfully switched to an e-cargo bike

<afe04dfe-6204-4efb-b9a6-f298d05efc1cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2647&group=uk.rec.cycling#2647

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 13:46:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Power Switch: "I'm feeling rather smug" says London plumber who has
successfully switched to an e-cargo bike
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 20:46 UTC

London plumber Shane Topley was inspired to test out an e-cargo bike after seeing the benefits of reduced motor traffic during the first lockdown last year. “I expected to do something between 50 and 60 per cent of my business by bicycle,” he says. “But I’ve actually discovered it’s closer to 95 per cent.”

It’s safe to say he’s a convert, describing an e-cargo bike as an “invigorating” way to get around.

“Every time I get on it, I’m blown away,” he says. “It’s amazing.”

Topley first got in touch with East London organisation CarryMe Bikes, which sells and rents out cargo bikes and e-cargo bikes. They spoke to him at length about what sort of a bike would suit his needs.

He doesn’t appear to have looked back and says that since getting his first e-cargo bike, he’s only used his van twice.

“Both times I’ve been seriously disappointed because one time it took me 40 minutes to find somewhere to park. Another time it was just wall-to-wall traffic.

“So I feel rather smug, I have to say, as I cruise down past all the cars that are nose to tail.”

Topley concedes that reduced cargo capacity means he has to plan his day a little more carefully, but argues that this isn’t necessarily such a bad thing.

He now tries to consolidate his work, scheduling multiple boiler services on the same day, for example.

“It does mean a little more running back and forth. But actually that’s quite nice because it brings me home for lunch, which is really lovely.”

Reflecting on his e-bike switch, he concludes: “Everybody should be doing it.”

https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/news/power-switch-im-feeling-rather-smug-says-london-plumber-who-has-successfully-switched

Re: Power Switch: "I'm feeling rather smug" says London plumber who has successfully switched to an e-cargo bike

<sgriqr$cen$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2651&group=uk.rec.cycling#2651

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Power Switch: "I'm feeling rather smug" says London plumber who has successfully switched to an e-cargo bike
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 23:21:59 +0100
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 22:21 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> London plumber Shane Topley was inspired to test out an e-cargo bike
> after seeing the benefits of reduced motor traffic during the first
> lockdown last year. "I expected to do something between 50 and 60 per
> cent of my business by bicycle," he says. "But I've actually
> discovered it's closer to 95 per cent."
>
> It's safe to say he's a convert, describing an e-cargo bike as an
> "invigorating" way to get around.
>
> "Every time I get on it, I'm blown away," he says. "It's amazing."
>
> Topley first got in touch with East London organisation CarryMe
> Bikes, which sells and rents out cargo bikes and e-cargo bikes. They
> spoke to him at length about what sort of a bike would suit his
> needs.
>
> He doesn't appear to have looked back and says that since getting his
> first e-cargo bike, he's only used his van twice.
>
> "Both times I've been seriously disappointed because one time it took
> me 40 minutes to find somewhere to park. Another time it was just
> wall-to-wall traffic.
>
> "So I feel rather smug, I have to say, as I cruise down past all the
> cars that are nose to tail."
>
> Topley concedes that reduced cargo capacity means he has to plan his
> day a little more carefully, but argues that this isn't necessarily
> such a bad thing.
>
> He now tries to consolidate his work, scheduling multiple boiler
> services on the same day, for example.
>
> "It does mean a little more running back and forth. But actually
> that's quite nice because it brings me home for lunch, which is
> really lovely."
>
> Reflecting on his e-bike switch, he concludes: "Everybody should be
> doing it."
>
> https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/news/power-switch-im-feeling-rather-smug-says-london-plumber-who-has-successfully-switched

If a tradesman visited me riding a silly kids toy he would be fucked right
off.

Re: Power Switch: "I'm feeling rather smug" says London plumber who has successfully switched to an e-cargo fairy-bike (trike?)

<ipd6hnF9k9tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2652&group=uk.rec.cycling#2652

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Power Switch: "I'm feeling rather smug" says London plumber who
has successfully switched to an e-cargo fairy-bike (trike?)
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 00:54:31 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 23:54 UTC

> London plumber Shane Topley was inspired to test out an e-cargo fairy-bike after seeing the benefits of reduced motor traffic during the first lockdown last year. “I expected to do something between 50 and 60 per cent of my business by fairy-bicycle,” he says. “But I’ve actually discovered it’s closer to 95 per cent.”
>
> It’s safe to say he’s a convert, describing an e-cargo fairy-bike as an “invigorating” way to get around.
>
> “Every time I get on it, I’m blown away,” he says. “It’s amazing.”
>
> Topley first got in touch with East London organisation CarryMe fairy-Bikes, which sells and rents out cargo fairy-bikes and e-cargo fairy-bikes. They spoke to him at length about what sort of a fairy-bike would suit his needs.
>
> He doesn’t appear to have looked back and says that since getting his first e-cargo fairy-bike, he’s only used his van twice.
>
> “Both times I’ve been seriously disappointed because one time it took me 40 minutes to find somewhere to park. Another time it was just wall-to-wall traffic.
>
> “So I feel rather smug, I have to say, as I cruise down past all the cars that are nose to tail.”
>
> Topley concedes that reduced cargo capacity means he has to plan his day a little more carefully, but argues that this isn’t necessarily such a bad thing.
>
> He now tries to consolidate his work, scheduling multiple boiler services on the same day, for example.
>
> “It does mean a little more running back and forth. But actually that’s quite nice because it brings me home for lunch, which is really lovely.”
>
> Reflecting on his e-fairy-bike switch, he concludes: “Everybody should be doing it.”
>
> https://fairy-ebiketips.road.cc/content/news/power-switch-im-feeling-rather-smug-says-london-plumber-who-has-successfully-switched

Switching to a different form of motor transport is entirely his
business, of course. The fact that he says he has done it (as stated by
the retailer of the fairy-bikes concerned), indicates that his transport
needs (in terms of weight carried and miles travelled) are and must be
modest.

As he says, there are disadvantages, and one should always remember that
his case might be just the "right" side of marginal, whereas for the
majority of tradesmen, who may have to cover an entire city-region, or
perhaps a county or two, their cases would a LONG way the other side of
the margin. No-one can cycle across a county or two - complete with
tools. spares, etc - on a fairy-cycle, even with an electric motor.

Re: Power Switch: "I'm feeling rather smug" says London plumber who has successfully switched to an e-cargo bike

<ipd6m8F9k9tU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2653&group=uk.rec.cycling#2653

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
has successfully switched to an e-cargo bike
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 00:56:56 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 23:56 UTC

On 02/09/2021 11:21 pm, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> London plumber Shane Topley was inspired to test out an e-cargo bike
>> after seeing the benefits of reduced motor traffic during the first
>> lockdown last year. "I expected to do something between 50 and 60 per
>> cent of my business by bicycle," he says. "But I've actually
>> discovered it's closer to 95 per cent."
>>
>> It's safe to say he's a convert, describing an e-cargo bike as an
>> "invigorating" way to get around.
>>
>> "Every time I get on it, I'm blown away," he says. "It's amazing."
>>
>> Topley first got in touch with East London organisation CarryMe
>> Bikes, which sells and rents out cargo bikes and e-cargo bikes. They
>> spoke to him at length about what sort of a bike would suit his
>> needs.
>>
>> He doesn't appear to have looked back and says that since getting his
>> first e-cargo bike, he's only used his van twice.
>>
>> "Both times I've been seriously disappointed because one time it took
>> me 40 minutes to find somewhere to park. Another time it was just
>> wall-to-wall traffic.
>>
>> "So I feel rather smug, I have to say, as I cruise down past all the
>> cars that are nose to tail."
>>
>> Topley concedes that reduced cargo capacity means he has to plan his
>> day a little more carefully, but argues that this isn't necessarily
>> such a bad thing.
>>
>> He now tries to consolidate his work, scheduling multiple boiler
>> services on the same day, for example.
>>
>> "It does mean a little more running back and forth. But actually
>> that's quite nice because it brings me home for lunch, which is
>> really lovely."
>>
>> Reflecting on his e-bike switch, he concludes: "Everybody should be
>> doing it."
>>
>> https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/news/power-switch-im-feeling-rather-smug-says-london-plumber-who-has-successfully-switched
>
> If a tradesman visited me riding a silly kids toy he would be fucked right
> off.

I'm sure it'd be alright for calls near a central depot, to which easy
resort (for spares, tools, etc) may be had several times during the day.

But totally useless for an engineer who had to cover a large city region
from end to end, still less a couple of counties.

Re: Power Switch: "I'm feeling rather smug" says London plumber who has successfully switched to an e-cargo bike

<3726497c-35a3-4412-815b-6ba5bbc2c972n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2663&group=uk.rec.cycling#2663

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 03:39:21 -0700 (PDT)
has successfully switched to an e-cargo bike
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 10:39 UTC

On Thursday, September 2, 2021 at 11:22:21 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

> If a tradesman visited me riding a silly kids toy he would be fucked right
> off.

What about one of these?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/utMMyf_N6us/maxresdefault.jpg

Re: Power Switch: "I'm feeling rather smug" says London plumber who has successfully switched to an e-cargo bike

<23d813ab-2ccc-4f7e-885b-f761dc124f0cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2668&group=uk.rec.cycling#2668

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 03:55:10 -0700 (PDT)
has successfully switched to an e-cargo bike
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 10:55 UTC

On Thursday, 2 September 2021 at 23:22:21 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > London plumber Shane Topley was inspired to test out an e-cargo bike
> > after seeing the benefits of reduced motor traffic during the first
> > lockdown last year. "I expected to do something between 50 and 60 per
> > cent of my business by bicycle," he says. "But I've actually
> > discovered it's closer to 95 per cent."
> >
> > It's safe to say he's a convert, describing an e-cargo bike as an
> > "invigorating" way to get around.
> >
> > "Every time I get on it, I'm blown away," he says. "It's amazing."
> >
> > Topley first got in touch with East London organisation CarryMe
> > Bikes, which sells and rents out cargo bikes and e-cargo bikes. They
> > spoke to him at length about what sort of a bike would suit his
> > needs.
> >
> > He doesn't appear to have looked back and says that since getting his
> > first e-cargo bike, he's only used his van twice.
> >
> > "Both times I've been seriously disappointed because one time it took
> > me 40 minutes to find somewhere to park. Another time it was just
> > wall-to-wall traffic.
> >
> > "So I feel rather smug, I have to say, as I cruise down past all the
> > cars that are nose to tail."
> >
> > Topley concedes that reduced cargo capacity means he has to plan his
> > day a little more carefully, but argues that this isn't necessarily
> > such a bad thing.
> >
> > He now tries to consolidate his work, scheduling multiple boiler
> > services on the same day, for example.
> >
> > "It does mean a little more running back and forth. But actually
> > that's quite nice because it brings me home for lunch, which is
> > really lovely."
> >
> > Reflecting on his e-bike switch, he concludes: "Everybody should be
> > doing it."
> >
> > https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/news/power-switch-im-feeling-rather-smug-says-london-plumber-who-has-successfully-switched
> If a tradesman visited me riding a silly kids toy he would be fucked right
> off.

I think we all know you are gay but raping someone for using a HPV is beyond even your perversion.

Re: Power Switch: "I'm feeling rather smug" says London plumber who has successfully switched to an e-cargo bike

<sgt2kl$1p5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2675&group=uk.rec.cycling#2675

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
has successfully switched to an e-cargo bike
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 23:58:13 +1200
 by: Peter Keller - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 11:58 UTC

On 3/09/21 10:21, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> London plumber Shane Topley was inspired to test out an e-cargo bike
>> after seeing the benefits of reduced motor traffic during the first
>> lockdown last year. "I expected to do something between 50 and 60 per
>> cent of my business by bicycle," he says. "But I've actually
>> discovered it's closer to 95 per cent."
>>
>> It's safe to say he's a convert, describing an e-cargo bike as an
>> "invigorating" way to get around.
>>
>> "Every time I get on it, I'm blown away," he says. "It's amazing."
>>
>> Topley first got in touch with East London organisation CarryMe
>> Bikes, which sells and rents out cargo bikes and e-cargo bikes. They
>> spoke to him at length about what sort of a bike would suit his
>> needs.
>>
>> He doesn't appear to have looked back and says that since getting his
>> first e-cargo bike, he's only used his van twice.
>>
>> "Both times I've been seriously disappointed because one time it took
>> me 40 minutes to find somewhere to park. Another time it was just
>> wall-to-wall traffic.
>>
>> "So I feel rather smug, I have to say, as I cruise down past all the
>> cars that are nose to tail."
>>
>> Topley concedes that reduced cargo capacity means he has to plan his
>> day a little more carefully, but argues that this isn't necessarily
>> such a bad thing.
>>
>> He now tries to consolidate his work, scheduling multiple boiler
>> services on the same day, for example.
>>
>> "It does mean a little more running back and forth. But actually
>> that's quite nice because it brings me home for lunch, which is
>> really lovely."
>>
>> Reflecting on his e-bike switch, he concludes: "Everybody should be
>> doing it."
>>
>> https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/news/power-switch-im-feeling-rather-smug-says-london-plumber-who-has-successfully-switched
>
> If a tradesman visited me riding a silly kids toy he would be fucked right
> off.

By you?

Re: Real Dumb Gay Masochistic Little Cyclist Alert!

<sgvhjs$7cc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2720&group=uk.rec.cycling#2720

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Real Dumb Gay Masochistic Little Cyclist Alert!
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 22:26:04 +1200
 by: Peter Keller - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 10:26 UTC

On 4/09/21 02:17, Peeler wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2021 23:58:13 +1200, Peter Keller, the dumb gay masochistic
> little cyclist, blabbered again:

>>> If a tradesman visited me riding a silly kids toy he would be fucked right
>>> off.
>>>
>> By you?
>
> Well, he's not a fag like you! <tsk>

Nothing of importance is like a summer breeze.

Crap jacker

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Real Dumb Gay Masochistic Little Cyclist Alert!