Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 00:47:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Chaotic changes to Englnd team for third Ashes Test
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 07:47 UTC

Harry Brook to bat at No 3 as England recall Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes and Mark Wood
Exclusive: Radical shake-up for third Test after Ollie Pope ruled out for series; plus Nick Hoult analysis below

By
Will Macpherson,
CRICKET NEWS CORRESPONDENT, AT HEADINGLEY
4 July 2023 • 7:24pm
Harry Brook in the nets at Headingley on Tuesday - England Ashes team news: Harry Brook to bat at No 3 as Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes and Mark Wood recalled
Harry Brook in the nets at Headingley on Tuesday CREDIT: Getty Images/Stu Forster

England are planning to respond to Ollie Pope’s series-ending Ashes injury with a radical shake-up to their team for the third Test at Headingley on Thursday that sees a promotion to No 3 for Harry Brook.

Moeen Ali will be recalled after missing the second Test with a finger injury, with Chris Woakes and Mark Wood also set to be included at the expense of James Anderson and Josh Tongue, who are rested.

Vice-captain Pope will miss the remainder of the summer after dislocating his shoulder in the second Test defeat at Lord’s. England are looking to come back from 2-0 down in the Ashes for the first time in their history. Australia have not won the series on these shores since 2001.

Barring a late change of heart, rather than replace Pope with the spare batsman in the squad, Dan Lawrence, England look likely to rejig the balance of their bowling attack.

Read more at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2023/07/04/england-ashes-harry-brook-no-3-moeen-woakes-wood-recall/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-onward-journey

RH

Re: Chaotic changes to Englnd team for third Ashes Test

<u83e9o$ftfo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27265&group=uk.sport.cricket#27265

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 02:48:42 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 09:48 UTC

On 7/5/2023 12:47 AM, Robert Henderson wrote:
> Harry Brook to bat at No 3 as England recall Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes and Mark Wood
> Exclusive: Radical shake-up for third Test after Ollie Pope ruled out for series; plus Nick Hoult analysis below
>
> By
> Will Macpherson,
> CRICKET NEWS CORRESPONDENT, AT HEADINGLEY
> 4 July 2023 • 7:24pm
> Harry Brook in the nets at Headingley on Tuesday - England Ashes team news: Harry Brook to bat at No 3 as Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes and Mark Wood recalled
> Harry Brook in the nets at Headingley on Tuesday CREDIT: Getty Images/Stu Forster
>
> England are planning to respond to Ollie Pope’s series-ending Ashes injury with a radical shake-up to their team for the third Test at Headingley on Thursday that sees a promotion to No 3 for Harry Brook.
>
> Moeen Ali will be recalled after missing the second Test with a finger injury, with Chris Woakes and Mark Wood also set to be included at the expense of James Anderson and Josh Tongue, who are rested.
>
> Vice-captain Pope will miss the remainder of the summer after dislocating his shoulder in the second Test defeat at Lord’s. England are looking to come back from 2-0 down in the Ashes for the first time in their history. Australia have not won the series on these shores since 2001.
>
> Barring a late change of heart, rather than replace Pope with the spare batsman in the squad, Dan Lawrence, England look likely to rejig the balance of their bowling attack.
>
> Read more at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2023/07/04/england-ashes-harry-brook-no-3-moeen-woakes-wood-recall/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-onward-journey
>
> RH

Nothing radical about it.

Promoting Brook in place of Pope, replacing ineffective and tired James
Anderson with Wood, and Tongue with Woakes, a better batter are all
straight forward.

Re: Chaotic changes to Englnd team for third Ashes Test

<rvhaai1brvudba5fm0ql57lcu4tfu1gpp4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27266&group=uk.sport.cricket#27266

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 11:40:09 +0100
 by: max.it - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 10:40 UTC

On Wed, 5 Jul 2023 02:48:42 -0700, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
<FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com> wrote:

>On 7/5/2023 12:47 AM, Robert Henderson wrote:
>> Harry Brook to bat at No 3 as England recall Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes and Mark Wood
>> Exclusive: Radical shake-up for third Test after Ollie Pope ruled out for series; plus Nick Hoult analysis below
>>
>> By
>> Will Macpherson,
>> CRICKET NEWS CORRESPONDENT, AT HEADINGLEY
>> 4 July 2023 • 7:24pm
>> Harry Brook in the nets at Headingley on Tuesday - England Ashes team news: Harry Brook to bat at No 3 as Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes and Mark Wood recalled
>> Harry Brook in the nets at Headingley on Tuesday CREDIT: Getty Images/Stu Forster
>>
>> England are planning to respond to Ollie Pope’s series-ending Ashes injury with a radical shake-up to their team for the third Test at Headingley on Thursday that sees a promotion to No 3 for Harry Brook.
>>
>> Moeen Ali will be recalled after missing the second Test with a finger injury, with Chris Woakes and Mark Wood also set to be included at the expense of James Anderson and Josh Tongue, who are rested.
>>
>> Vice-captain Pope will miss the remainder of the summer after dislocating his shoulder in the second Test defeat at Lord’s. England are looking to come back from 2-0 down in the Ashes for the first time in their history. Australia have not won the series on these shores since 2001.
>>
>> Barring a late change of heart, rather than replace Pope with the spare batsman in the squad, Dan Lawrence, England look likely to rejig the balance of their bowling attack.
>>
>> Read more at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2023/07/04/england-ashes-harry-brook-no-3-moeen-woakes-wood-recall/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-onward-journey
>>
>> RH
>

>Nothing radical about it.
>
>Promoting Brook in place of Pope, replacing ineffective and tired James
>Anderson with Wood, and Tongue with Woakes, a better batter are all
>straight forward.

I think as soon as Wood's fitness improved he was always sure of a
game.

max.it