aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

SubjectAuthor
* Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
+* Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINHamish Laws
|+* Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
||`* Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINHamish Laws
|| `* Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
||  `* Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINHamish Laws
||   +- Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
||   +- Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINDavid North
||   `- Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
|`* Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINRichard Dixon
| `* Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINMoriarty
|  +- Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINwlsut...@gmail.com
|  +* Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINHamish Laws
|  |+* Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINMoriarty
|  ||`- Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINwlsut...@gmail.com
|  |`- Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
|  `- Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINJohn Hall
`* Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINmz721
 `* Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINWill Sutton
  `- Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAINTikli Chestikov

1
Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<u7rru2$3amob$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27166&group=uk.sport.cricket#27166

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket,aus.sport.cricket,rec.sport.cricket
Subject: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 05:52:18 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 12:52 UTC

Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN.

Green to Bairstow, OUT

another half-tracker, YJB ducks it, walks out of his crease to talk to
his partner... and Carey then underarms into the stumps! The Australians
are celebrating, Bairstow looks befuddled and we could have another
flashpoint here! The batter clearly considered that the ball was dead,
but Marais Erasmus is going to decide once again... And this one is
given out! Boos around the ground as Bairstow stalks back to the
dressing room. He wasn't attempting to take a run, but the ball wasn't
dead either - at least as far as the umpires are concerned, which is the
key factor

Jonny Bairstow st †Carey b Green 10 (22b 2x4 0x6) SR: 45.45

Carey runs out Bairstow in dramatic fashion |
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkAHxxL4kSc

WHY did Carey even throw the ball at the STUMPS, when Bairstow was STILL
in the CREASE and NEVER EVEN attempted a run?

At 3:24, Carey threw the ball at the stumps, BUT Bairstow was still
INSIDE the crease and was marking with his RIGHT FOOT.

May be max.it can shed some light on the rules BUT this is REALLY REALLY
MUCH WORSE than mankading.

Mankading was JUSTIFIED because batsmen were CHEATING gaining UNFAIR
ADVANTAGE, while here Bairstow DIDN'T EVEN attempt to run and WASN'T
TAKING ANY Advantage.

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<17490973-1bcf-4c12-bee2-e1537a3c6b39n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27168&group=uk.sport.cricket#27168

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 06:38:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN
From: hamish.l...@gmail.com (Hamish Laws)
 by: Hamish Laws - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 13:38 UTC

On Sunday, July 2, 2023 at 10:52:20 PM UTC+10, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN.
>

> Green to Bairstow, OUT
>
> another half-tracker, YJB ducks it, walks out of his crease to talk to
> his partner... and Carey then underarms into the stumps! The Australians
> are celebrating, Bairstow looks befuddled and we could have another
> flashpoint here! The batter clearly considered that the ball was dead,
> but Marais Erasmus is going to decide once again... And this one is
> given out! Boos around the ground as Bairstow stalks back to the
> dressing room. He wasn't attempting to take a run, but the ball wasn't
> dead either - at least as far as the umpires are concerned, which is the
> key factor
>
> Jonny Bairstow st †Carey b Green 10 (22b 2x4 0x6) SR: 45.45
>

> Carey runs out Bairstow in dramatic fashion |
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkAHxxL4kSc
>

> WHY did Carey even throw the ball at the STUMPS, when Bairstow was STILL
> in the CREASE and NEVER EVEN attempted a run?
>
> At 3:24, Carey threw the ball at the stumps, BUT Bairstow was still
> INSIDE the crease and was marking with his RIGHT FOOT.
>

> May be max.it can shed some light on the rules BUT this is REALLY REALLY
> MUCH WORSE than mankading.
>
> Mankading was JUSTIFIED because batsmen were CHEATING gaining UNFAIR
> ADVANTAGE, while here Bairstow DIDN'T EVEN attempt to run and WASN'T
> TAKING ANY Advantage.

If you leave the crease before the ball is dead you can be runout

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<u7s054$3b7sp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27169&group=uk.sport.cricket#27169

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 07:04:17 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 14:04 UTC

On 7/2/2023 6:38 AM, Hamish Laws wrote:
> On Sunday, July 2, 2023 at 10:52:20 PM UTC+10, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
>> Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN.
>>

>> Green to Bairstow, OUT
>>
>> another half-tracker, YJB ducks it, walks out of his crease to talk to
>> his partner... and Carey then underarms into the stumps! The Australians
>> are celebrating, Bairstow looks befuddled and we could have another
>> flashpoint here! The batter clearly considered that the ball was dead,
>> but Marais Erasmus is going to decide once again... And this one is
>> given out! Boos around the ground as Bairstow stalks back to the
>> dressing room. He wasn't attempting to take a run, but the ball wasn't
>> dead either - at least as far as the umpires are concerned, which is the
>> key factor
>>
>> Jonny Bairstow st †Carey b Green 10 (22b 2x4 0x6) SR: 45.45
>>

>> Carey runs out Bairstow in dramatic fashion |
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkAHxxL4kSc
>>

>> WHY did Carey even throw the ball at the STUMPS, when Bairstow was STILL
>> in the CREASE and NEVER EVEN attempted a run?
>>
>> At 3:24, Carey threw the ball at the stumps, BUT Bairstow was still
>> INSIDE the crease and was marking with his RIGHT FOOT.
>>

>> May be max.it can shed some light on the rules BUT this is REALLY REALLY
>> MUCH WORSE than mankading.
>>
>> Mankading was JUSTIFIED because batsmen were CHEATING gaining UNFAIR
>> ADVANTAGE, while here Bairstow DIDN'T EVEN attempt to run and WASN'T
>> TAKING ANY Advantage.
>
> If you leave the crease before the ball is dead you can be runout

I understand that rule, BUT Alex Carey THREW the ball even BEFORE
Bairstow left the crease.

When the ball LEFT Carey's hands, Bairstow was DRAWING a line inside the
crease with his right leg.

Isn't it VERY BAD sportsmanship on the part of ozzies APART from the
FACT that Alex Carey and Ozzies were actually VERY LUCKY that Bairstow
just HAPPENED to leave the crease AFTER Carey threw the ball?

Moreover, WHY did Carey threw the ball at the stumps when Bairstow was
STILL INSIDE the crease and didn't exhibit ANY INTENTION to leave the
crease?

If you see exactly at 3:24 of the video, Carey casually threw the ball
at the stumps "WITHOUT ANY REASON", while Bairstow was still DRAWING A
LINE with his right leg.

Carey runs out Bairstow in dramatic fashion |
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkAHxxL4kSc

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<fd8e814e-59c5-47a9-b5d3-9d079332923an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27171&group=uk.sport.cricket#27171

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 07:27:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: hamish.l...@gmail.com (Hamish Laws)
 by: Hamish Laws - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 14:27 UTC

On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 12:04:23 AM UTC+10, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> On 7/2/2023 6:38 AM, Hamish Laws wrote:
> > On Sunday, July 2, 2023 at 10:52:20 PM UTC+10, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> >> Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN.
> >>

> >> Green to Bairstow, OUT
> >>
> >> another half-tracker, YJB ducks it, walks out of his crease to talk to
> >> his partner... and Carey then underarms into the stumps! The Australians
> >> are celebrating, Bairstow looks befuddled and we could have another
> >> flashpoint here! The batter clearly considered that the ball was dead,
> >> but Marais Erasmus is going to decide once again... And this one is
> >> given out! Boos around the ground as Bairstow stalks back to the
> >> dressing room. He wasn't attempting to take a run, but the ball wasn't
> >> dead either - at least as far as the umpires are concerned, which is the
> >> key factor
> >>
> >> Jonny Bairstow st †Carey b Green 10 (22b 2x4 0x6) SR: 45.45
> >>

> >> Carey runs out Bairstow in dramatic fashion |
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkAHxxL4kSc
> >>

> >> WHY did Carey even throw the ball at the STUMPS, when Bairstow was STILL
> >> in the CREASE and NEVER EVEN attempted a run?
> >>
> >> At 3:24, Carey threw the ball at the stumps, BUT Bairstow was still
> >> INSIDE the crease and was marking with his RIGHT FOOT.
> >>

> >> May be max.it can shed some light on the rules BUT this is REALLY REALLY
> >> MUCH WORSE than mankading.
> >>
> >> Mankading was JUSTIFIED because batsmen were CHEATING gaining UNFAIR
> >> ADVANTAGE, while here Bairstow DIDN'T EVEN attempt to run and WASN'T
> >> TAKING ANY Advantage.
> >
> > If you leave the crease before the ball is dead you can be runout
> I understand that rule, BUT Alex Carey THREW the ball even BEFORE
> Bairstow left the crease.

So what?
He left the crease before it hit the stumps
The commentators are suggesting he was doing it repeatedly beforehand

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<u7sf6d$3cmvv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27178&group=uk.sport.cricket#27178

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 11:21:00 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 18:21 UTC

On 7/2/2023 7:27 AM, Hamish Laws wrote:
> On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 12:04:23 AM UTC+10, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:

>>> If you leave the crease before the ball is dead you can be runout
>> I understand that rule, BUT Alex Carey THREW the ball even BEFORE
>> Bairstow left the crease.
>>
> So what?
> He left the crease before it hit the stumps
> The commentators are suggesting he was doing it repeatedly beforehand

Ozzie players could have WARNED him IF he did it a few balls prior.

The POINT is, Bairstow WASN'T trying to take a RUN, which means he
WASN'T CHEATING to get ANY ADVANTAGE in the game.

So, it was against the spirit of the game where as in Mankading case,
the batsmen were TAKING ADVANTAGE by leaving the crease very early and
HENCE spirit of the game DOESN'T APPLY in mankading issue.

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<bf444bc7-7bfe-4970-a61f-d87bae6ca93bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27180&group=uk.sport.cricket#27180

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 14:14:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: richsdix...@gmail.com (Richard Dixon)
 by: Richard Dixon - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 21:14 UTC

On Sunday, 2 July 2023 at 14:38:44 UTC+1, Hamish Laws wrote:

> If you leave the crease before the ball is dead you can be runout

I have little sympathy with Bairstow. Spirit of cricket and all that but if he'd not been so absent minded we wouldn't have to raise that in the first place.

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<d62d6a2a-bc6c-4063-88c0-12fc4c67e95bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27182&group=uk.sport.cricket#27182

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 15:31:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: blue...@ivillage.com (Moriarty)
 by: Moriarty - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 22:31 UTC

On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 7:14:09 AM UTC+10, Richard Dixon wrote:
> On Sunday, 2 July 2023 at 14:38:44 UTC+1, Hamish Laws wrote:
>
> > If you leave the crease before the ball is dead you can be runout
> I have little sympathy with Bairstow. Spirit of cricket and all that but if he'd not been so absent minded we wouldn't have to raise that in the first place.

I had some sympathy for Bairstow until I saw footage of him trying to do the exact same thing on Day 3. What a muppet!

And McCullum's hypocrisy has been exposed by footage of HIM doing the same thing to Paul Collingwood in 2009.

-Moriarty

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<3bf90460-13c5-45a2-bb64-0fbd0ece1cd6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27183&group=uk.sport.cricket#27183

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 17:20:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: wlsutto...@gmail.com (wlsut...@gmail.com)
 by: wlsut...@gmail.com - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 00:20 UTC

On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 8:31:36 AM UTC+10, Moriarty wrote:
> On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 7:14:09 AM UTC+10, Richard Dixon wrote:
> > On Sunday, 2 July 2023 at 14:38:44 UTC+1, Hamish Laws wrote:
> >
> > > If you leave the crease before the ball is dead you can be runout
> > I have little sympathy with Bairstow. Spirit of cricket and all that but if he'd not been so absent minded we wouldn't have to raise that in the first place.
> I had some sympathy for Bairstow until I saw footage of him trying to do the exact same thing on Day 3. What a muppet!
>
> And McCullum's hypocrisy has been exposed by footage of HIM doing the same thing to Paul Collingwood in 2009.
>
> -Moriarty
omg

fbi wants to be a pom roflmao

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<ad36452a-cddb-44bd-819a-ecdc29cd6b35n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27196&group=uk.sport.cricket#27196

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 20:01:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: hamish.l...@gmail.com (Hamish Laws)
 by: Hamish Laws - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 03:01 UTC

On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 4:21:03 AM UTC+10, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> On 7/2/2023 7:27 AM, Hamish Laws wrote:
> >> I understand that rule, BUT Alex Carey THREW the ball even BEFORE
> >> Bairstow left the crease.
> >>
> > So what?
> > He left the crease before it hit the stumps
> > The commentators are suggesting he was doing it repeatedly beforehand
> Ozzie players could have WARNED him IF he did it a few balls prior.
>
> The POINT is, Bairstow WASN'T trying to take a RUN, which means he
> WASN'T CHEATING to get ANY ADVANTAGE in the game.

Here's Bairstow trying it on Marnus on day 3
https://www.codesports.com.au/cricket/did-jonny-bairstow-attempt-dubious-runout-on-day-3/video/11c6888fb21d30455351248c872360a7

note Marnus wasn't trying a run...

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<e1cb1e12-8ecf-4f7f-a616-afa6d0fe6094n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27198&group=uk.sport.cricket#27198

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 20:02:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: hamish.l...@gmail.com (Hamish Laws)
 by: Hamish Laws - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 03:02 UTC

On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 8:31:36 AM UTC+10, Moriarty wrote:
> On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 7:14:09 AM UTC+10, Richard Dixon wrote:
> > On Sunday, 2 July 2023 at 14:38:44 UTC+1, Hamish Laws wrote:
> >
> > > If you leave the crease before the ball is dead you can be runout
> > I have little sympathy with Bairstow. Spirit of cricket and all that but if he'd not been so absent minded we wouldn't have to raise that in the first place.
> I had some sympathy for Bairstow until I saw footage of him trying to do the exact same thing on Day 3. What a muppet!
>
> And McCullum's hypocrisy has been exposed by footage of HIM doing the same thing to Paul Collingwood in 2009.

and a couple of times he ran out batsmen when they were going to congratulate their batting partner on a milestone...

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<6a6922af-03d9-4c39-a97d-15066bda6b81n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27199&group=uk.sport.cricket#27199

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 20:19:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: blue...@ivillage.com (Moriarty)
 by: Moriarty - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 03:19 UTC

On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 1:02:39 PM UTC+10, Hamish Laws wrote:
> On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 8:31:36 AM UTC+10, Moriarty wrote:

> > > I have little sympathy with Bairstow. Spirit of cricket and all that but if he'd not been so absent minded we wouldn't have to raise that in the first place.
> > I had some sympathy for Bairstow until I saw footage of him trying to do the exact same thing on Day 3. What a muppet!
> >
> > And McCullum's hypocrisy has been exposed by footage of HIM doing the same thing to Paul Collingwood in 2009.
> >
> and a couple of times he ran out batsmen when they were going to congratulate their batting partner on a milestone...

Ah yes, the Murali incident.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/cricket-keeper-stands-firm-on-run-out/JTSCM56VYJJ6J5L5WE6YSAMALI/?fbclid=IwAR2tYiK0237qi2YnugnHXubn0MWbNKx86YQQuenHvibWFR9Nt3KuiNuAqOk

"I never thought it the wrong thing to do, the rules are there and you can't reward stupidity," McCullum said.

-Moriarty

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<30758d8c-a950-4e5e-8923-0b129c201078n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27203&group=uk.sport.cricket#27203

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 22:01:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: wlsutto...@gmail.com (wlsut...@gmail.com)
 by: wlsut...@gmail.com - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 05:01 UTC

On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 1:19:43 PM UTC+10, Moriarty wrote:
> On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 1:02:39 PM UTC+10, Hamish Laws wrote:

> > > I had some sympathy for Bairstow until I saw footage of him trying to do the exact same thing on Day 3. What a muppet!
> > >
> > > And McCullum's hypocrisy has been exposed by footage of HIM doing the same thing to Paul Collingwood in 2009.
> > >
> > and a couple of times he ran out batsmen when they were going to congratulate their batting partner on a milestone...
> Ah yes, the Murali incident.
>
> https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/cricket-keeper-stands-firm-on-run-out/JTSCM56VYJJ6J5L5WE6YSAMALI/?fbclid=IwAR2tYiK0237qi2YnugnHXubn0MWbNKx86YQQuenHvibWFR9Nt3KuiNuAqOk
>
> "I never thought it the wrong thing to do, the rules are there and you can't reward stupidity," McCullum said.
>
> -Moriarty

yes, its funny how history always come back to bite you on the butt

Now Stokes will be hammered if anything happens and he doesn't apply the "spirit of the game"

Hey, he snicks a ball and is caught but given not out but Australia has no reviews ........ spirit of the game, bullshit

Personally I think he is a liar

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<u7tt2f$3l1c8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27207&group=uk.sport.cricket#27207

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 00:24:00 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 07:24 UTC

On 7/2/2023 8:02 PM, Hamish Laws wrote:
> On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 8:31:36 AM UTC+10, Moriarty wrote:

>>> I have little sympathy with Bairstow. Spirit of cricket and all that but if he'd not been so absent minded we wouldn't have to raise that in the first place.
>> I had some sympathy for Bairstow until I saw footage of him trying to do the exact same thing on Day 3. What a muppet!
>>
>> And McCullum's hypocrisy has been exposed by footage of HIM doing the same thing to Paul Collingwood in 2009.
>>
> and a couple of times he ran out batsmen when they were going to congratulate their batting partner on a milestone...

A few years later, McCullum publicly apologized to Murali.

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<u7ttfi$3l4pd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27208&group=uk.sport.cricket#27208

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 00:30:56 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 07:30 UTC

On 7/2/2023 8:01 PM, Hamish Laws wrote:
> On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 4:21:03 AM UTC+10, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
>>>>
>>> So what?
>>> He left the crease before it hit the stumps
>>> The commentators are suggesting he was doing it repeatedly beforehand
>> Ozzie players could have WARNED him IF he did it a few balls prior.
>>
>> The POINT is, Bairstow WASN'T trying to take a RUN, which means he
>> WASN'T CHEATING to get ANY ADVANTAGE in the game.
>>
> Here's Bairstow trying it on Marnus on day 3
> https://www.codesports.com.au/cricket/did-jonny-bairstow-attempt-dubious-runout-on-day-3/video/11c6888fb21d30455351248c872360a7
>
> note Marnus wasn't trying a run...

Okay.

Based on this revelation, I guess Bairstow doesn't have any locus standi
to complain for Aus getting him run out/stumped whatever though it has
to be investigated if he did it only once instinctively or really to get
Marnus out.

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<7oAAdQCDgpokFw$y@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27218&group=uk.sport.cricket#27218

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 10:42:27 +0100
 by: John Hall - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 09:42 UTC

In message <d62d6a2a-bc6c-4063-88c0-12fc4c67e95bn@googlegroups.com>,
Moriarty <blues95@ivillage.com> writes
>On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 7:14:090 >> On Sunday, 2 July 2023 at 14:38:44 UTC+1, Hamish Laws wrote:
>>
>> > If you leave the crease before the ball is dead you can be runout
>> I have little sympathy with Bairstow. Spirit of cricket and all that
>>but if he'd not been so absent minded we wouldn't have to raise that
>>in the first place.
>
>I had some sympathy for Bairstow until I saw footage of him trying to
>do the exact same thing on Day 3. What a muppet!

That's poor, I agree. One wonders whether, if he had been successful,
Stokes would have withdrawn the appeal. I hope that he would, as he said
at the end of the match that he would have withdrawn the appeal if in
Cummins' position.

>And McCullum's hypocrisy has been exposed by footage of HIM doing the
>same thing to Paul Collingwood in 2009.
>
>-Moriarty

That point was raised in a post-match interview, and he said that as he
got older he came to regret doing it. Most of us have done things when
we were young that we now look back on with regret, so I wouldn't call
him a hypocrite.
--
John Hall "[It was] so steep that at intervals the street broke into steps,
like a person breaking into giggles or hiccups, and then resumed

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<kghr0eFde1gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27228&group=uk.sport.cricket#27228

From: nos...@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk (David North)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 07:02:54 +0100
 by: David North - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 06:02 UTC

On 03/07/2023 04:01, Hamish Laws wrote:
> On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 4:21:03 AM UTC+10, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
>>>>
>>> So what?
>>> He left the crease before it hit the stumps
>>> The commentators are suggesting he was doing it repeatedly beforehand
>> Ozzie players could have WARNED him IF he did it a few balls prior.
>>
>> The POINT is, Bairstow WASN'T trying to take a RUN, which means he
>> WASN'T CHEATING to get ANY ADVANTAGE in the game.
>>
> Here's Bairstow trying it on Marnus on day 3
> https://www.codesports.com.au/cricket/did-jonny-bairstow-attempt-dubious-runout-on-day-3/video/11c6888fb21d30455351248c872360a7
>
> note Marnus wasn't trying a run...

The video at the link above doesn't work for me, so I don't know if it
shows more than the clips here:

https://khelnow.com/cricket/watch-jonny-bairstow-labuschagne-carey-run-out

From those, it looks to me like Labuschagne may have left his crease as
he left the ball - I can't tell. If he did, or Bairstow thought he might
have, then that seems rather different to the Bairstow run-out, where
his back foot was well behind the crease, and he didn't make any forward
movement until well after the ball had gone past him.

--
David North

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<u80j4o$1hdo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27230&group=uk.sport.cricket#27230

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 00:52:57 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 07:52 UTC

On 7/2/2023 8:01 PM, Hamish Laws wrote:
> On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 4:21:03 AM UTC+10, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
>>>>
>>> So what?
>>> He left the crease before it hit the stumps
>>> The commentators are suggesting he was doing it repeatedly beforehand
>> Ozzie players could have WARNED him IF he did it a few balls prior.
>>
>> The POINT is, Bairstow WASN'T trying to take a RUN, which means he
>> WASN'T CHEATING to get ANY ADVANTAGE in the game.
>>
> Here's Bairstow trying it on Marnus on day 3
> https://www.codesports.com.au/cricket/did-jonny-bairstow-attempt-dubious-runout-on-day-3/video/11c6888fb21d30455351248c872360a7
>
> note Marnus wasn't trying a run...

Stuart Broad JUSTIFIED Bairstows attempt to run out Marnus because
Marnus was STANDING outside the crease to ELIMINATE LBWs, thereby taking
advantage.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/amazes-me-that-not-one-aussie-thought-the-appeal-was-wrong-stuart-broad-says-nothing-has-changed-since-sandpaper-gate-8699827/

Stuart Broad also dismissed the comparison of a footage that emerged of
Bairstow attempting a similar stumping to dismiss Australia No.3 Marnus
Labuschagne on day three at Lord’s.

“Yes, I have seen a clip from earlier in the match when in his guise as
wicketkeeper, Jonny himself threw the ball at the stumps. But that was
because Marnus Labuschagne was batting outside of his crease — in doing
so, attempting to take the lbw out of the game. In other words, seeking
an advantage.”

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<u8343j$ep09$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27261&group=uk.sport.cricket#27261

From: mz7...@gmx.com (mz721)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket,aus.sport.cricket,rec.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 16:54:42 +1000
 by: mz721 - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 06:54 UTC

> Carey runs out Bairstow in dramatic fashion |
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkAHxxL4kSc
>

> WHY did Carey even throw the ball at the STUMPS, when Bairstow was STILL
> in the CREASE and NEVER EVEN attempted a run?

He threw it at the stumps because JB is in the habit of wandering out of
his crease. Seems reasonable to me.

> At 3:24, Carey threw the ball at the stumps, BUT Bairstow was still
> INSIDE the crease and was marking with his RIGHT FOOT.

I do no think the rules of cricket say that the batsman's right foot
gets to signal end of the over. I thought that was the umpire's job.
This may be true, that he was marking things, but it changes nothing.

https://www.lords.org/mcc/the-laws-of-cricket/dead-ball

"20.1.2 The ball shall be considered to be dead when it is clear to the
bowler’s end umpire that the fielding side and both batters at the
wicket have ceased to regard it as in play."

Clearly the fielding side saw the ball as live. JB's back foot does not
tell the fielding side when to stop playing.

Carey had no way of knowing JB's plans because he threw the ball
immediately. He did not throw it in response to JB's actions but in
anticipation of them. JB should have shown the same awareness and stayed
in his ground. England should be dirty on JB and his brain fade, not on
Carey. Bairstow's lack of concentration probably cost them the game.

> May be max.it can shed some light on the rules BUT this is REALLY REALLY
> MUCH WORSE than mankading.
>
> Mankading was JUSTIFIED because batsmen were CHEATING gaining UNFAIR
> ADVANTAGE, while here Bairstow DIDN'T EVEN attempt to run and WASN'T
> TAKING ANY Advantage.

Is a batsman who topples over and gets stumped off a spinner trying to
take advantage? I mean, they are clearly not trying for a run. But are
they still out? Yes. Your reasoning does not hold up.

Starc's 'catch' was not out by the laws of the game. JB was out, by the
same laws. The fact that JB tried for the same kind of dismissal earlier
in the game and did not get it makes the whole thing even funnier.

There's no story here. England players just throwing the toys out of the
cot. England seem to think that their attitudes and interpretations
should be followed by other teams and that the spirit of the game is
whatever they say it is.

England need to let the umpires do their job. For example, last English
Ashes when Broad did not walk after that thick edge. He was 100% right.
A batter can't call themselves in, why should they call themselves out?

It is interesting to note the term "Australian convicts" in the headline
of the original posting (not your response). Imagine if an anglo person
had used a similarly pejorative term in a headline about the Indian,
West Indies or Pakistan team... seems like hypocrisy is everywhere.

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<6a42ccb3-eec7-4890-8bd7-f0df293885adn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27268&group=uk.sport.cricket#27268

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 17:56:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: wlsut...@gmail.com (Will Sutton)
 by: Will Sutton - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 00:56 UTC

On Wednesday, July 5, 2023 at 4:54:45 PM UTC+10, mz721 wrote:

> > Carey runs out Bairstow in dramatic fashion |
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkAHxxL4kSc
> >

> > WHY did Carey even throw the ball at the STUMPS, when Bairstow was STILL
> > in the CREASE and NEVER EVEN attempted a run?
> He threw it at the stumps because JB is in the habit of wandering out of
> his crease. Seems reasonable to me.
> >
> > At 3:24, Carey threw the ball at the stumps, BUT Bairstow was still
> > INSIDE the crease and was marking with his RIGHT FOOT.
> I do no think the rules of cricket say that the batsman's right foot
> gets to signal end of the over. I thought that was the umpire's job.
> This may be true, that he was marking things, but it changes nothing.
>
> https://www.lords.org/mcc/the-laws-of-cricket/dead-ball
>
> "20.1.2 The ball shall be considered to be dead when it is clear to the
> bowler’s end umpire that the fielding side and both batters at the
> wicket have ceased to regard it as in play."
>
> Clearly the fielding side saw the ball as live. JB's back foot does not
> tell the fielding side when to stop playing.
>
> Carey had no way of knowing JB's plans because he threw the ball
> immediately. He did not throw it in response to JB's actions but in
> anticipation of them. JB should have shown the same awareness and stayed
> in his ground. England should be dirty on JB and his brain fade, not on
> Carey. Bairstow's lack of concentration probably cost them the game.
> >

> > May be max.it can shed some light on the rules BUT this is REALLY REALLY
> > MUCH WORSE than mankading.
> >
> > Mankading was JUSTIFIED because batsmen were CHEATING gaining UNFAIR
> > ADVANTAGE, while here Bairstow DIDN'T EVEN attempt to run and WASN'T
> > TAKING ANY Advantage.
> >
> Is a batsman who topples over and gets stumped off a spinner trying to
> take advantage? I mean, they are clearly not trying for a run. But are
> they still out? Yes. Your reasoning does not hold up.
>
> Starc's 'catch' was not out by the laws of the game. JB was out, by the
> same laws. The fact that JB tried for the same kind of dismissal earlier
> in the game and did not get it makes the whole thing even funnier.
>
> There's no story here. England players just throwing the toys out of the
> cot. England seem to think that their attitudes and interpretations
> should be followed by other teams and that the spirit of the game is
> whatever they say it is.
>
> England need to let the umpires do their job. For example, last English
> Ashes when Broad did not walk after that thick edge. He was 100% right.
> A batter can't call themselves in, why should they call themselves out?
>
> It is interesting to note the term "Australian convicts" in the headline
> of the original posting (not your response). Imagine if an anglo person
> had used a similarly pejorative term in a headline about the Indian,
> West Indies or Pakistan team... seems like hypocrisy is everywhere.

what would give me the biggest smile would be if Australia "Mankads" Stokes

That would be absolute gold

Cricket..play to the laws

Re: Australian CONVICTS "CHEAT" AGAIN

<9dc4f039-1ae0-4e99-b3be-5bd89a7c9419n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27292&group=uk.sport.cricket#27292

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 10:25:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: tikli.ch...@gmail.com (Tikli Chestikov)
 by: Tikli Chestikov - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 17:25 UTC

On Thursday, 6 July 2023 at 01:56:53 UTC+1, Will Sutton wrote:

> Cricket..play to the laws

Am I the only person to believe that Broad has the most slappable face in cricket?

Holmans excused of course.