Everyone writes on the walls except me. -Said to be graffiti seen in Pompeii

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / NIN oddness.

SubjectAuthor
* NIN oddness.John Williamson
+* NIN oddness.Sn!pe
|`* NIN oddness.John Williamson
| `* NIN oddness.hubops
|  `- NIN oddness.Sn!pe
+- NIN oddness.maus
`* NIN oddness.Tease'n'Seize
 +- NIN oddness.Hymermut
 `- NIN oddness.Sn!pe

1
NIN oddness.

<krpmj3Fcsq1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27324&group=uk.rec.sheds#27324

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: NIN oddness.
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 17:35:30 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 17:35 UTC

Am I the only one having prombles with the German Swerver?

It has been intermittent for a few days now, not showing any new posts,
but if I log out, wait a few hours, and log back on, it may or may not
dump many new headers on me and let me read the posts.

It started about the same time as one of the other groups I follow
started getting frequent spam in a strange character set. Possibly
related to the problems ES were having with spam?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: NIN oddness.

<1qkcpvv.2lxnxh7s0mlwN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27325&group=uk.rec.sheds#27325

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: NIN oddness.
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 18:01:45 +0000
 by: Sn!pe - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 18:01 UTC

John Williamson <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Am I the only one having prombles with the German Swerver?
>
> It has been intermittent for a few days now, not showing any new posts,
> but if I log out, wait a few hours, and log back on, it may or may not
> dump many new headers on me and let me read the posts.
>
> It started about the same time as one of the other groups I follow
> started getting frequent spam in a strange character set. Possibly
> related to the problems ES were having with spam?

I can't speak for NIN but E-S and a number of other independent News
services are developing NoCeM filters against floods of Indonesian or
Thai language spam posted via Google Groups. It may well be that NIN
are affected by it.

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator.
My pet rock Gordon just is.

Google Groups articles not seen unless poster is whitelisted.

Re: NIN oddness.

<krpp17FdasaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27327&group=uk.rec.sheds#27327

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 18:17:10 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 18:17 UTC

On 17/11/2023 18:01, Sn!pe wrote:
> John Williamson <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> Am I the only one having prombles with the German Swerver?
>>
>> It has been intermittent for a few days now, not showing any new posts,
>> but if I log out, wait a few hours, and log back on, it may or may not
>> dump many new headers on me and let me read the posts.
>>
>> It started about the same time as one of the other groups I follow
>> started getting frequent spam in a strange character set. Possibly
>> related to the problems ES were having with spam?
>>

> I can't speak for NIN but E-S and a number of other independent News
> services are developing NoCeM filters against floods of Indonesian or
> Thai language spam posted via Google Groups. It may well be that NIN
> are affected by it.

Could well be.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: NIN oddness.

<slrnulfp4u.101u.maus@deb2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27342&group=uk.rec.sheds#27342

From: mau...@deb2.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 17 Nov 2023 22:09:34 GMT
 by: maus - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 22:09 UTC

On 2023-11-17, John Williamson <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Am I the only one having prombles with the German Swerver?
>
> It has been intermittent for a few days now, not showing any new posts,
> but if I log out, wait a few hours, and log back on, it may or may not
> dump many new headers on me and let me read the posts.
>
> It started about the same time as one of the other groups I follow
> started getting frequent spam in a strange character set. Possibly
> related to the problems ES were having with spam?

OK Here. (NIN in Ireland)

--
greymausg@mail.com
Death to the Influencers, hung, drawn and quartered is more than they deserve.

Re: NIN oddness.

<l3uflidruhueik9oqt3qj9cs9ccf33kn0i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27343&group=uk.rec.sheds#27343

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 18:37:09 -0500
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 23:37 UTC

On Fri, 17 Nov 2023 18:17:10 +0000, John Williamson
<johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:

>On 17/11/2023 18:01, Sn!pe wrote:
>> John Williamson <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Am I the only one having prombles with the German Swerver?
>>>
>>> It has been intermittent for a few days now, not showing any new posts,
>>> but if I log out, wait a few hours, and log back on, it may or may not
>>> dump many new headers on me and let me read the posts.
>>>
>>> It started about the same time as one of the other groups I follow
>>> started getting frequent spam in a strange character set. Possibly
>>> related to the problems ES were having with spam?
>>>

>> I can't speak for NIN but E-S and a number of other independent News
>> services are developing NoCeM filters against floods of Indonesian or
>> Thai language spam posted via Google Groups. It may well be that NIN
>> are affected by it.
>>
>Could well be.

rec woodworking has been getting about 100 per day
for a couple weeks or so - all seemingly from google groups
< who apparently do not care at all >
Long subject lines full of question marks = easy to ignore
& purge.
John T.

Re: NIN oddness.

<1qkd6qs.uv0tylabri1jN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27345&group=uk.rec.sheds#27345

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 00:08:07 +0000
This article may be reproduced for the purposes of propagation and
personal use only, no commercial use without express permission.
 by: Sn!pe - Sat, 18 Nov 2023 00:08 UTC

f<hubops@ccanoemail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Nov 2023 18:17:10 +0000, John Williamson
> <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:

> >> I can't speak for NIN but E-S and a number of other independent News
> >> services are developing NoCeM filters against floods of Indonesian or
> >> Thai language spam posted via Google Groups. It may well be that NIN
> >> are affected by it.
> >>
> >Could well be.
>

> rec woodworking has been getting about 100 per day
> for a couple weeks or so - all seemingly from google groups
> < who apparently do not care at all >
> Long subject lines full of question marks = easy to ignore
> & purge.
> John T.

Ongoing remonstrations are being made to Google with not much by
way of results. It seems that GG is pretty much on autopilot, although
I have heard of one or two groups being closed for posting by them.
It's an ongoing problem and IMO the remedy is in my .siggy.

-- [.sig-sep disabled for this post]

^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator.
My pet rock Gordon just is.

Google Groups articles not seen unless poster is whitelisted.

Re: NIN oddness.

<Rv-cnU40utHqG8X4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27358&group=uk.rec.sheds#27358

Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 09:40:06 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-an...@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Sat, 18 Nov 2023 09:40 UTC

John Williamson wrote:

> Am I the only one having prombles with the German Swerver?

NIN has been reliable for me, I don't use ES much, but it seems to be
refusing authentication today, plusnet's version of giganews is working
again

Re: NIN oddness.

<uja1q9$3940m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27359&group=uk.rec.sheds#27359

From: ton...@email.com (Hymermut)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 09:57:21 +0000
 by: Hymermut - Sat, 18 Nov 2023 09:57 UTC

On 18/11/2023 09:40, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
> John Williamson wrote:
>
>> Am I the only one having prombles with the German Swerver?
>
> NIN has been reliable for me, I don't use ES much, but it seems to be
> refusing authentication today, plusnet's version of giganews is working
> again

I've had no problems with ES/Thunderguts lately. (Touch woad)

Tone

Re: NIN oddness.

<1qke1pw.1xxg3u31bn3qxtN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27365&group=uk.rec.sheds#27365

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 11:11:26 +0000
This article may be reproduced for the purposes of propagation and
personal use only, no commercial use without express permission.
 by: Sn!pe - Sat, 18 Nov 2023 11:11 UTC

Tease'n'Seize <tease-and-seize@invalid> wrote:

> John Williamson wrote:
>
> > Am I the only one having prombles with the German Swerver?
>
> NIN has been reliable for me, I don't use ES much, but it seems to be
> refusing authentication today, plusnet's version of giganews is working
> again

E-S is fine here.