From: ton...@email.com (Hymermut)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Mum
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 01:46:53 +0000
 by: Hymermut - Sat, 18 Nov 2023 01:46 UTC

Today I'm off to Grantham Premier Inn to meet my brother who lives in
that Luton or aboard his narrowboat. Grantham is about half way.

The object of the exercise is to exchange two suitcases and two boxes of
our mother's stuff. She died in January aged 102.

She was a locally renown writer, poet and photographer, and a revered
member of clubs for all three. The suitcases are full of slides.

It is my plan to put a book together of her lifetime output for the
extended family.

It is going to be an interesting winter.

Tone

Re: Mum

<1qkdd18.vfwnsjx6ipd1N%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27352&group=uk.rec.sheds#27352

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Mum
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 02:19:15 +0000
 by: Sn!pe - Sat, 18 Nov 2023 02:19 UTC

Hymermut <tone@email.com> wrote:

> It is going to be an interesting winter.

[ob. quote; camping shop ad.]

"Now is the Winter of our discount tent."

IGMC

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator.
My pet rock Gordon just is.

Google Groups articles not seen unless poster is whitelisted.

Re: Mum

<ED3+4JAgDLWlFA$H@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27368&group=uk.rec.sheds#27368

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 12:41:04 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Sat, 18 Nov 2023 12:41 UTC

In article <1qkdd18.vfwnsjx6ipd1N%snipeco.2@gmail.com>, Sn!pe
<snipeco.2@gmail.com> on Sat, 18 Nov 2023 at 02:19:15 awoke Nicholas
from his slumbers and wrote
>Hymermut <tone@email.com> wrote:
>
>> It is going to be an interesting winter.
>
>[ob. quote; camping shop ad.]
>
>"Now is the Winter of our discount tent."
>
>IGMC

There is a program about Richard III and the Princes in the Tower in
that there idiots lantern; Tonight (18 November 2023), Channel 4 at 8pm.

I have always thought that those murder factors, Motive and Opportunity
apply to both Richard III and Henry VII. Henry VII had even more of a
motive.

Richard claimed the boys were illegitimate by the laws of the time. He
did not HAVE to kill the boys to establish his claim to the throne. That
does not say that he did not murder them and their absence was
convenient. To have establish that he murdered them would not be a good
start to his reign.

OTOH Henry VII would have to have had the boys dead for his claim to
stand. His claim to the throne was weak and none existent with the
princes still alive. He and his second son were both ruthless and
capable of having murders carried out for them. Imagine, after Bosworth,
Henry discovers these two boys were still alive.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"