A friend in need is a pest indeed.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Driver cheats death on M9 motorway after bicycle smashes through windscreen

SubjectAuthor
* Driver cheats death on M9 motorway after bicycle smashes through windscreenswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: Driver cheats death on M9 motorway after bicycle smashes through windscreenMike Collins
 +- Re: Driver cheats death on M9 motorway after bicycle smashes through windscreenswldx...@gmail.com
 +* Re: Driver cheats death on M9 motorway after bicycle smashes through windscreenswldx...@gmail.com
 |`- Re: Driver cheats death on M9 motorway after bicycle smashes through windscreenMike Collins
 `- Re: Driver cheats death on M9 motorway after bicycle smashes through windscreenswldx...@gmail.com

1
Driver cheats death on M9 motorway after bicycle smashes through windscreen

<793fa355-4d58-4e5e-87e6-a8876ad3b3d7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2741&group=uk.rec.cycling#2741

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 10:40:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Driver cheats death on M9 motorway after bicycle smashes through windscreen
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 17:40 UTC

A DRIVER cheated death on the motorway after a bike came flying off a moving motor and smashed straight through her windscreen.

Cops have launched an appeal after freak accident on the M9 in West Lothian on Friday.

The bike crashed into a moving car on the M9 after coming free from another motor

The horror crash happened northbound between junctions one and two around 5..50pm.

Pictures show the bike impaled through the front windscreen of a a white Ford Focus with the rear wheel hanging out.

Cops said it came free from a vehicle that is thought to have been travelling on the opposite carriageway moments before disaster struck.

The 60-year-old driver managed to stop her car on the hard shoulder.

The woman was taken to St John's hospital in Livingston for treatment to minor injuries.

The bike is described as a Kona Kula 2-9 pedal cycle with a 16 inch light blue and white coloured frame.

Police are appealing for anyone with information to come forward, especially if they have dashcam footage.

Sergeant Jennifer Forbes, of Police Scotland's Road Policing Unit, said: “The consequences of this incident could have been far more severe and is only through pure luck that nobody was more seriously injured or worse.

“It should stand as a stark reminder of the importance of making sure that any load being carried out on your vehicle is properly and thoroughly secured.

“We are carrying out enquiries to identify the vehicle which had been carrying the bicycle and I would urge anyone who can help to come forward.

“We would be keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident. If you were on the road late on Friday after noon and may have dashcam footage which could help our investigation then please get in touch.

“Anyone who can help is asked to call 101, quoting incident 2590 of 3 September.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/7654157/motorway-m9-crash-car-bicycle-police/

Re: Driver cheats death on M9 motorway after bicycle smashes through windscreen

<1bd361f5-4bab-40e2-acc2-866b5985daa8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2756&group=uk.rec.cycling#2756

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 12:23:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 19:23 UTC

On Saturday, 4 September 2021 at 18:40:58 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> A DRIVER cheated death on the motorway after a bike came flying off a moving motor and smashed straight through her windscreen.
>
> Cops have launched an appeal after freak accident on the M9 in West Lothian on Friday.
>
> The bike crashed into a moving car on the M9 after coming free from another motor
>
> The horror crash happened northbound between junctions one and two around 5.50pm.
>
> Pictures show the bike impaled through the front windscreen of a a white Ford Focus with the rear wheel hanging out.
>
> Cops said it came free from a vehicle that is thought to have been travelling on the opposite carriageway moments before disaster struck.
>
> The 60-year-old driver managed to stop her car on the hard shoulder.
>
> The woman was taken to St John's hospital in Livingston for treatment to minor injuries.
>
> The bike is described as a Kona Kula 2-9 pedal cycle with a 16 inch light blue and white coloured frame.
>
> Police are appealing for anyone with information to come forward, especially if they have dashcam footage.
>
> Sergeant Jennifer Forbes, of Police Scotland's Road Policing Unit, said: “The consequences of this incident could have been far more severe and is only through pure luck that nobody was more seriously injured or worse.
>
> “It should stand as a stark reminder of the importance of making sure that any load being carried out on your vehicle is properly and thoroughly secured.
>
> “We are carrying out enquiries to identify the vehicle which had been carrying the bicycle and I would urge anyone who can help to come forward.
>
> “We would be keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident. If you were on the road late on Friday after noon and may have dashcam footage which could help our investigation then please get in touch.
>
> “Anyone who can help is asked to call 101, quoting incident 2590 of 3 September.”
>
> https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/7654157/motorway-m9-crash-car-bicycle-police/

Young's Experiment, was it a motorist or a cyclist.
Whilst we are on the subject of quantum theory when a motor vehicle accelerates from rest to 70mph does it at some point travel at exactly 30mph or does it occupy a large but finite number of distinct energy states.

Re: Driver cheats death on M9 motorway after bicycle smashes through windscreen

<a6a37bb3-4796-4f73-9b4d-9d81d0b9cf7bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2757&group=uk.rec.cycling#2757

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 12:47:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 19:47 UTC

On Saturday, September 4, 2021 at 8:23:01 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

> > https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/7654157/motorway-m9-crash-car-bicycle-police/
> Young's Experiment, was it a motorist or a cyclist.

Is that what is known as a hybrid car? Part bike/part car.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/09/Untitled-design-2021-09-04T143544.964-1.png?w=1320

Re: Driver cheats death on M9 motorway after bicycle smashes through windscreen

<bf525e7d-055b-4243-9e9d-92ba1ffa5864n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2774&group=uk.rec.cycling#2774

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 03:07:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 10:07 UTC

On Saturday, September 4, 2021 at 8:23:01 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 September 2021 at 18:40:58 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > A DRIVER cheated death on the motorway after a bike came flying off a moving motor and smashed straight through her windscreen.
> >
> > Cops have launched an appeal after freak accident on the M9 in West Lothian on Friday.
> >
> > The bike crashed into a moving car on the M9 after coming free from another motor
> >
> > The horror crash happened northbound between junctions one and two around 5.50pm.
> >
> > Pictures show the bike impaled through the front windscreen of a a white Ford Focus with the rear wheel hanging out.
> >
> > Cops said it came free from a vehicle that is thought to have been travelling on the opposite carriageway moments before disaster struck.
> >
> > The 60-year-old driver managed to stop her car on the hard shoulder.
> >
> > The woman was taken to St John's hospital in Livingston for treatment to minor injuries.
> >
> > The bike is described as a Kona Kula 2-9 pedal cycle with a 16 inch light blue and white coloured frame.
> >
> > Police are appealing for anyone with information to come forward, especially if they have dashcam footage.
> >
> > Sergeant Jennifer Forbes, of Police Scotland's Road Policing Unit, said: “The consequences of this incident could have been far more severe and is only through pure luck that nobody was more seriously injured or worse.
> >
> > “It should stand as a stark reminder of the importance of making sure that any load being carried out on your vehicle is properly and thoroughly secured.
> >
> > “We are carrying out enquiries to identify the vehicle which had been carrying the bicycle and I would urge anyone who can help to come forward.
> >
> > “We would be keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident. If you were on the road late on Friday after noon and may have dashcam footage which could help our investigation then please get in touch.
> >
> > “Anyone who can help is asked to call 101, quoting incident 2590 of 3 September.”
> >
> > https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/7654157/motorway-m9-crash-car-bicycle-police/
> Young's Experiment, was it a motorist or a cyclist.
> Whilst we are on the subject of quantum theory when a motor vehicle accelerates from rest to 70mph does it at some point travel at exactly 30mph or does it occupy a large but finite number of distinct energy states.

30mph +10% + 2mph - drivers can't be expected to obey the speed limit!

Re: Driver cheats death on M9 motorway after bicycle smashes through windscreen

<bc811123-88a1-441b-a403-95230bfeb304n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2776&group=uk.rec.cycling#2776

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 03:27:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 10:27 UTC

On Sunday, 5 September 2021 at 11:07:41 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, September 4, 2021 at 8:23:01 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
> > On Saturday, 4 September 2021 at 18:40:58 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > A DRIVER cheated death on the motorway after a bike came flying off a moving motor and smashed straight through her windscreen.
> > >
> > > Cops have launched an appeal after freak accident on the M9 in West Lothian on Friday.
> > >
> > > The bike crashed into a moving car on the M9 after coming free from another motor
> > >
> > > The horror crash happened northbound between junctions one and two around 5.50pm.
> > >
> > > Pictures show the bike impaled through the front windscreen of a a white Ford Focus with the rear wheel hanging out.
> > >
> > > Cops said it came free from a vehicle that is thought to have been travelling on the opposite carriageway moments before disaster struck.
> > >
> > > The 60-year-old driver managed to stop her car on the hard shoulder.
> > >
> > > The woman was taken to St John's hospital in Livingston for treatment to minor injuries.
> > >
> > > The bike is described as a Kona Kula 2-9 pedal cycle with a 16 inch light blue and white coloured frame.
> > >
> > > Police are appealing for anyone with information to come forward, especially if they have dashcam footage.
> > >
> > > Sergeant Jennifer Forbes, of Police Scotland's Road Policing Unit, said: “The consequences of this incident could have been far more severe and is only through pure luck that nobody was more seriously injured or worse.
> > >
> > > “It should stand as a stark reminder of the importance of making sure that any load being carried out on your vehicle is properly and thoroughly secured.
> > >
> > > “We are carrying out enquiries to identify the vehicle which had been carrying the bicycle and I would urge anyone who can help to come forward.
> > >
> > > “We would be keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident. If you were on the road late on Friday after noon and may have dashcam footage which could help our investigation then please get in touch.
> > >
> > > “Anyone who can help is asked to call 101, quoting incident 2590 of 3 September.”
> > >
> > > https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/7654157/motorway-m9-crash-car-bicycle-police/
> > Young's Experiment, was it a motorist or a cyclist.
> > Whilst we are on the subject of quantum theory when a motor vehicle accelerates from rest to 70mph does it at some point travel at exactly 30mph or does it occupy a large but finite number of distinct energy states.
> 30mph +10% + 2mph - drivers can't be expected to obey the speed limit!

Not the point. Black body radiation means we can only occupy a finite number of distinct energy states as defined by Planck's Constant.
It always makes me laugh when people talk about a 'Quantum Leap' when it actually means the minimum possible.

Re: Driver cheats death on M9 motorway after bicycle smashes through windscreen

<910b6054-695a-4a3e-9867-6b93876c2532n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2795&group=uk.rec.cycling#2795

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 10:59:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 17:59 UTC

On Saturday, September 4, 2021 at 8:23:01 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 September 2021 at 18:40:58 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> > https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/7654157/motorway-m9-crash-car-bicycle-police/
> Young's Experiment, was it a motorist or a cyclist.
> Whilst we are on the subject of quantum theory when a motor vehicle accelerates from rest to 70mph does it at some point travel at exactly 30mph or does it occupy a large but finite number of distinct energy states.

Is this traffic being held up by a cyclist or a motorhome driver?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-ijxodWYAEaJKI?format=jpg&name=medium

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Driver cheats death on M9 motorway after bicycle smashes through windscreen