It's easy to get on the internet and forget you have a life -- Topic on #LinuxGER

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Clean Diesel

SubjectAuthor
* Clean DieselNoddy
+* Re: Clean DieselXeno
|+* Re: Clean DieselClocky
||`* Re: Clean DieselXeno
|| `- Re: Clean Dieseljonz@ nothere.com
|`* Re: Clean Dieseljonz@ nothere.com
| `- Re: Clean DieselNoddy
+* Re: Clean DieselDaryl
|`- Re: Clean DieselNoddy
+* Re: Clean Dieselalvey
|+* Re: Clean DieselClocky
||+* Re: Clean DieselXeno
|||`- Re: Clean Dieseljonz@ nothere.com
||`- Re: Clean Dieselalvey
|`* Re: Clean DieselXeno
| `* Re: Clean DieselMighty Mouse
|  +* Re: Clean DieselNoddy
|  |`- Re: Clean Dieselalvey
|  `- Re: Clean DieselClocky
`* Re: Clean DieselMighty Mouse
 `* Re: Clean DieselNoddy
  +- Re: Clean DieselClocky
  `* Re: Clean DieselMighty Mouse
   `- Re: Clean DieselNoddy

1
Clean Diesel

<ufqhnd$25687$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27498&group=aus.cars#27498

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Clean Diesel
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 14:02:01 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 7 Oct 2023 03:02 UTC

The Wildtrak is just about to clock over 4 thousand km's, so I thought
I'd whack it up in the air and take a look underneath to see if there
are any potential issues that need addressing. It's not doing anything
wrong and is going very well indeed, but checking costs nothing. It *is*
a Ford after all :)

> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ4

Interesting to note that the tailpipe on these things terminates just
behind the rear axle with quite a sharp downward point. It was also
interesting to note how clean it is on the inside:

> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ0

Apart from me sticking my finger in to see if there was any kind of
residue (and you can see there was a slight one from the mark I left),
this is pretty much it in it's "natural" state. It hasn't been cleaned,
and before any of the armchair experts try to suggest that I wiped it
with a rag or some such, even if I wanted to I don't think I would have
ever been able to get *this* far in :)

> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ1

Looks like brand new pipe. I mean, it *is*, but it certainly doesn't
look like diesel truck pipe that has 4 thousand km's of use on it. I've
seen plenty of petrol and diesel powered vehicles that have had new
pipes installed and they were as black as Jack Johnson's arsehole way
before they had that many miles up.

Of course that doesn't mean that what's coming out of the pipe is clean,
but it sure as shit ain't making a mess. Looks like the DPF is doing
it's job. And no, it doesn't use Adblue.

On another note, if anyone is thinking of buying one of these things and
wants to run other than factory wheels, then use caution and do your
homework when it comes to wheel offset:

> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ2

These things run an upper & lower arm and strut front suspension system
that is similar to late model Falcons with a forged alloy stub axle, and
with a 255/55-R20 tyre on the factory rims there is around 10mm of
clearance between the inner side wall and the upper part of the stub.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Clean Diesel

<koc353F61o2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27502&group=aus.cars#27502

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Clean Diesel
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 14:55:14 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 7 Oct 2023 03:55 UTC

On 7/10/2023 2:02 pm, Noddy wrote:
> The Wildtrak is just about to clock over 4 thousand km's, so I thought
> I'd whack it up in the air and take a look underneath to see if there
> are any potential issues that need addressing. It's not doing anything
> wrong and is going very well indeed, but checking costs nothing. It *is*
> a Ford after all :)
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ4
>
> Interesting to note that the tailpipe on these things terminates just
> behind the rear axle with quite a sharp downward point. It was also
> interesting to note how clean it is on the inside:
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ0
>
> Apart from me sticking my finger in to see if there was any kind of
> residue (and you can see there was a slight one from the mark I left),
> this is pretty much it in it's "natural" state. It hasn't been cleaned,
> and before any of the armchair experts try to suggest that I wiped it
> with a rag or some such, even if I wanted to I don't think I would have
> ever been able to get *this* far in :)
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ1
>
> Looks like brand new pipe. I mean, it *is*, but it certainly doesn't
> look like diesel truck pipe that has 4 thousand km's of use on it. I've
> seen plenty of petrol and diesel powered vehicles that have had new
> pipes installed and they were as black as Jack Johnson's arsehole way

Never seen it, don't even want to imagine it. You seem to be infatuated
by it however.

> before they had that many miles up.
>
> Of course that doesn't mean that what's coming out of the pipe is clean,
> but it sure as shit ain't making a mess. Looks like the DPF is doing
> it's job. And no, it doesn't use Adblue.

Diesels of today are *nothing like* the diesels of old. That said, most
are still too dirty to survive another round or two of anti-pollution
standard upgrades.

> On another note, if anyone is thinking of buying one of these things and
> wants to run other than factory wheels, then use caution and do your
> homework when it comes to wheel offset:

That's always been the case, what's new?

>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ2
>
> These things run an upper & lower arm and strut front suspension system

Long and short A arms with coil-over shocks. Not a strut in sight.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Clean Diesel

<ufqmfu$2643k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27507&group=aus.cars#27507

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 12:22:54 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 7 Oct 2023 04:22 UTC

On 7/10/2023 11:55 am, Xeno wrote:

> Never seen it, don't even want to imagine it. You seem to be infatuated
> by it however.

It's all new to him.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Clean Diesel

<koc5jmF61o2U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27510&group=aus.cars#27510

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 15:37:09 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 7 Oct 2023 04:37 UTC

On 7/10/2023 3:22 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 7/10/2023 11:55 am, Xeno wrote:
>
>> Never seen it, don't even want to imagine it. You seem to be
>> infatuated by it however.
>>

> It's all new to him.

I hope seeing this is new to him;

> Jack Johnson's arsehole

Darren seems to have a fetish with *black rings*.

I don't want to know!

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Clean Diesel

<kocd07F7pa4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27514&group=aus.cars#27514

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 17:43:19 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sat, 7 Oct 2023 06:43 UTC

On 7/10/2023 2:02 pm, Noddy wrote:
> The Wildtrak is just about to clock over 4 thousand km's, so I thought
> I'd whack it up in the air and take a look underneath to see if there
> are any potential issues that need addressing. It's not doing anything
> wrong and is going very well indeed, but checking costs nothing. It *is*
> a Ford after all :)
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ4
>
> Interesting to note that the tailpipe on these things terminates just
> behind the rear axle with quite a sharp downward point. It was also
> interesting to note how clean it is on the inside:
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ0
>
> Apart from me sticking my finger in to see if there was any kind of
> residue (and you can see there was a slight one from the mark I left),
> this is pretty much it in it's "natural" state. It hasn't been cleaned,
> and before any of the armchair experts try to suggest that I wiped it
> with a rag or some such, even if I wanted to I don't think I would have
> ever been able to get *this* far in :)
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ1
>
> Looks like brand new pipe. I mean, it *is*, but it certainly doesn't
> look like diesel truck pipe that has 4 thousand km's of use on it. I've
> seen plenty of petrol and diesel powered vehicles that have had new
> pipes installed and they were as black as Jack Johnson's arsehole way
> before they had that many miles up.
>
> Of course that doesn't mean that what's coming out of the pipe is clean,
> but it sure as shit ain't making a mess. Looks like the DPF is doing
> it's job. And no, it doesn't use Adblue.

Must have a hole in the exhaust and its coming out further up the pipe:-)
Never seen an exhaust that clean on a vehicle that's actually been
started and driven.

> On another note, if anyone is thinking of buying one of these things and
> wants to run other than factory wheels, then use caution and do your
> homework when it comes to wheel offset:
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ2
>
> These things run an upper & lower arm and strut front suspension system
> that is similar to late model Falcons with a forged alloy stub axle, and
> with a 255/55-R20 tyre on the factory rims there is around 10mm of
> clearance between the inner side wall and the upper part of the stub.

Bugger all clearance, I suspect that it would get rather messy in that
area if you drove through mud.

--
Daryl

Re: Clean Diesel

<ufqvlo$27vma$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27515&group=aus.cars#27515

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 18:00:08 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 7 Oct 2023 07:00 UTC

On 7/10/2023 5:43 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 7/10/2023 2:02 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> These things run an upper & lower arm and strut front suspension
>> system that is similar to late model Falcons with a forged alloy stub
>> axle, and with a 255/55-R20 tyre on the factory rims there is around
>> 10mm of clearance between the inner side wall and the upper part of
>> the stub.
>>

> Bugger all clearance, I suspect that it would get rather messy in that
> area if you drove through mud.

Most likely.

I've seen some in the past that are pretty close, but not seen any
previously that I couldn't get my pinkie between the tyre and stub axle :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Clean Diesel

<e627b22c-91d3-43d7-974b-cf4c2d5b70b5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27523&group=aus.cars#27523

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 03:14:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Sat, 7 Oct 2023 10:14 UTC

On Saturday, 7 October 2023 at 15:37:14 UTC+11, Xeno wrote:
> On 7/10/2023 3:22 pm, Clocky wrote:
> > On 7/10/2023 11:55 am, Xeno wrote:
> >
> >> Never seen it, don't even want to imagine it. You seem to be
> >> infatuated by it however.
> >>

> > It's all new to him.
> >
> I hope seeing this is new to him;
>
> > Jack Johnson's arsehole
>
> Darren seems to have a fetish with *black rings*.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the same way *dykes* make you *moist?*.....

> I don't want to know!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sure!.
> --
> Xeno
>

> Nothing astonishes Noddy so much as common sense and plain dealing.
> (with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Clean Diesel

<ufscad$2ie55$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27529&group=aus.cars#27529

From: Hans.And...@gmail.com (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 05:42:01 +1000
 by: alvey - Sat, 7 Oct 2023 19:42 UTC

Noddy wrote:

I do hope that it doesn't fall off the hoist and get bent. That could be
a hard explain to the insurers.

alvey

Re: Clean Diesel

<uft1b7$2qj2r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27534&group=aus.cars#27534

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 09:40:52 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 01:40 UTC

On 8/10/2023 3:42 am, alvey wrote:
> Noddy wrote:
>
> I do hope that it doesn't fall off the hoist and get bent. That could be
> a hard explain to the insurers.
>

> alvey

Heh. A clean the exhaust is after 4000km must be new to him since the
exhausts of cars he rebuilt the engines on are full of oil after one lap.

No photos of trade papers either but this is his standard MO after
getting a thrashing. He post photos, start new threads... anything to
distract from the fact he's had his nose rubbed through his own bullshit
again.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a
proven liar."

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Clean Diesel

<koege8Fij98U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27535&group=aus.cars#27535

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 12:54:16 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 01:54 UTC

On 8/10/2023 12:40 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 8/10/2023 3:42 am, alvey wrote:
>> Noddy wrote:
>>
>> I do hope that it doesn't fall off the hoist and get bent. That could
>> be a hard explain to the insurers.
>>

>> alvey
>>

> Heh. A clean the exhaust is after 4000km must be new to him since the
> exhausts of cars he rebuilt the engines on are full of oil after one lap.
>
> No photos of trade papers either but this is his standard MO after
> getting a thrashing. He post photos, start new threads... anything to
> distract from the fact he's had his nose rubbed through his own bullshit
> again.

Yep, distraction - the name of the game.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Clean Diesel

<koegjpFij98U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27536&group=aus.cars#27536

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 12:57:13 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 01:57 UTC

On 8/10/2023 6:42 am, alvey wrote:
> Noddy wrote:
>
> I do hope that it doesn't fall off the hoist and get bent. That could be
> a hard explain to the insurers.
>

> alvey

Yep, an unqualified and *inexperienced* fraud *working* (I use the term
loosely) on a new Ford Ranger still under factory warranty - that'd be
the end of that factory warranty right then and there. Probably void the
insurance policy on the spot too! ;-)

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Clean Diesel

<koegotFil1kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27537&group=aus.cars#27537

From: me...@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 12:59:56 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 01:59 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 8/10/2023 6:42 am, alvey wrote:
>> Noddy wrote:
>>
>> I do hope that it doesn't fall off the hoist and get bent. That could
>> be a hard explain to the insurers.
>>

>> alvey
>>

> Yep, an unqualified and *inexperienced* fraud *working* (I use the
> term loosely) on a new Ford Ranger still under factory warranty -
> that'd be the end of that factory warranty right then and there.
> Probably void the insurance policy on the spot too!  ;-)

so the Ranger is diesel then. I wonder what the future of diesel engines
is now that electrics have arrived?

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: Clean Diesel

<uft2ql$2rkba$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27538&group=aus.cars#27538

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 13:06:13 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 02:06 UTC

On 8/10/2023 12:59 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:

> so the Ranger is diesel then.

Most duel cab utes are and have been for some time.

I wonder what the future of diesel engines
> is now that electrics have arrived?

Diesel isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Clean Diesel

<051f7783-2f37-4cb9-9dd5-4af331458bdan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27541&group=aus.cars#27541

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 20:03:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 03:03 UTC

On Saturday, 7 October 2023 at 14:55:19 UTC+11, Xeno wrote:
> On 7/10/2023 2:02 pm, Noddy wrote:
> > The Wildtrak is just about to clock over 4 thousand km's, so I thought
> > I'd whack it up in the air and take a look underneath to see if there
> > are any potential issues that need addressing. It's not doing anything
> > wrong and is going very well indeed, but checking costs nothing. It *is*
> > a Ford after all :)
> >
> >> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ4
> >
> > Interesting to note that the tailpipe on these things terminates just
> > behind the rear axle with quite a sharp downward point. It was also
> > interesting to note how clean it is on the inside:
> >
> >> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ0
> >
> > Apart from me sticking my finger in to see if there was any kind of
> > residue (and you can see there was a slight one from the mark I left),
> > this is pretty much it in it's "natural" state. It hasn't been cleaned,
> > and before any of the armchair experts try to suggest that I wiped it
> > with a rag or some such, even if I wanted to I don't think I would have
> > ever been able to get *this* far in :)
> >
> >> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ1
> >
> > Looks like brand new pipe. I mean, it *is*, but it certainly doesn't
> > look like diesel truck pipe that has 4 thousand km's of use on it. I've
> > seen plenty of petrol and diesel powered vehicles that have had new
> > pipes installed and they were as black as Jack Johnson's arsehole way
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yep, cleanest diesel pipe i`ve seen. When I saw the pic. I thought I was looking at a petrol zorst.
Impressive!.. Are you having any probs. with the DPF if yer only running local?.

> Never seen it, don't even want to imagine it. You seem to be infatuated
> by it however.
> > before they had that many miles up.
> >
> > Of course that doesn't mean that what's coming out of the pipe is clean,
> > but it sure as shit ain't making a mess. Looks like the DPF is doing
> > it's job. And no, it doesn't use Adblue.
> Diesels of today are *nothing like* the diesels of old. That said, most
> are still too dirty to survive another round or two of anti-pollution
> standard upgrades.
> >
> > On another note, if anyone is thinking of buying one of these things and
> > wants to run other than factory wheels, then use caution and do your
> > homework when it comes to wheel offset:
> That's always been the case, what's new?
> >
> >> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ2
> >
> > These things run an upper & lower arm and strut front suspension system
> Long and short A arms with coil-over shocks. Not a strut in sight.
> > that is similar to late model Falcons with a forged alloy stub axle, and
> > with a 255/55-R20 tyre on the factory rims there is around 10mm of
> > clearance between the inner side wall and the upper part of the stub.
> >

> --
> Xeno
>

> Nothing astonishes Noddy so much as common sense and plain dealing.
> (with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Clean Diesel

<koel7cFjbdsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27542&group=aus.cars#27542

From: me...@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 14:15:55 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 03:15 UTC

Noddy wrote:
> The Wildtrak is just about to clock over 4 thousand km's, so I thought
> I'd whack it up in the air and take a look underneath to see if there
> are any potential issues that need addressing. It's not doing anything
> wrong and is going very well indeed, but checking costs nothing. It
> *is* a Ford after all :)
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ4
>
> Interesting to note that the tailpipe on these things terminates just
> behind the rear axle with quite a sharp downward point. It was also
> interesting to note how clean it is on the inside:
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ0

what's the other car there? is it a repair or a wreck?

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: Clean Diesel

<uft76k$2sho7$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27544&group=aus.cars#27544

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 14:20:52 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 03:20 UTC

On 8/10/2023 2:03 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:

>>> Looks like brand new pipe. I mean, it *is*, but it certainly doesn't
>>> look like diesel truck pipe that has 4 thousand km's of use on it. I've
>>> seen plenty of petrol and diesel powered vehicles that have had new
>>> pipes installed and they were as black as Jack Johnson's arsehole way

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Yep, cleanest diesel pipe i`ve seen. When I saw the pic. I thought I was looking at a petrol zorst.
> Impressive!.. Are you having any probs. with the DPF if yer only running local?.

Nothing as yet, but I've seen a few comments from people who have had
warning messages about their DPF's needing to be cleaned. The wife and I
have been doing a few week-end trips to places like Ballarat, Bendigo,
Geelong and Castlemaine, so it's been getting a bit of highway use.

All in all the thing is pretty impressive thus far...

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Clean Diesel

<uft7en$2sho7$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27545&group=aus.cars#27545

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 14:25:11 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 03:25 UTC

On 8/10/2023 2:15 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Noddy wrote:
>> The Wildtrak is just about to clock over 4 thousand km's, so I thought
>> I'd whack it up in the air and take a look underneath to see if there
>> are any potential issues that need addressing. It's not doing anything
>> wrong and is going very well indeed, but checking costs nothing. It
>> *is* a Ford after all :)
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ4
>>
>> Interesting to note that the tailpipe on these things terminates just
>> behind the rear axle with quite a sharp downward point. It was also
>> interesting to note how clean it is on the inside:
>>
>>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPCDZ0
>
> what's the other car there? is it a repair or a wreck?

A repair. It's my Son's 2013 Elantra. It's getting a new engine.

> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPD3LG

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Clean Diesel

<91ffbb38-184f-437f-ac8b-0b8370ab5236n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27546&group=aus.cars#27546

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 20:26:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 03:26 UTC

On Sunday, 8 October 2023 at 12:54:20 UTC+11, Xeno wrote:
> On 8/10/2023 12:40 pm, Clocky wrote:
> > On 8/10/2023 3:42 am, alvey wrote:
> >> Noddy wrote:
> >>
> >> I do hope that it doesn't fall off the hoist and get bent. That could
> >> be a hard explain to the insurers.
> >>

> >> alvey
> >>

> > Heh. A clean the exhaust is after 4000km must be new to him since the
> > exhausts of cars he rebuilt the engines on are full of oil after one lap.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmmm, It`s a diesel dickhead!. Heard of them have ya? Different operating characteristics. Check 'em out.. <FBG>

> > No photos of trade papers either but this is his standard MO after
> > getting a thrashing. He post photos, start new threads...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fuckin' sight *more* than *you* do cloggy... :):):)
(Or krypsis for that matter.)
Just white noise the pair of you!!.

anything to
> > distract from the fact he's had his nose rubbed through his own bullshit
> > again.
> Yep, distraction - the name of the game.
> --
> Xeno
>

> Nothing astonishes Noddy so much as common sense and plain dealing.
> (with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Clean Diesel

<ufta4a$2t555$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27548&group=aus.cars#27548

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 12:10:47 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 04:10 UTC

On 8/10/2023 9:59 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Xeno wrote:
>> On 8/10/2023 6:42 am, alvey wrote:
>>> Noddy wrote:
>>>
>>> I do hope that it doesn't fall off the hoist and get bent. That could
>>> be a hard explain to the insurers.
>>>

>>> alvey
>>>

>> Yep, an unqualified and *inexperienced* fraud *working* (I use the
>> term loosely) on a new Ford Ranger still under factory warranty -
>> that'd be the end of that factory warranty right then and there.
>> Probably void the insurance policy on the spot too!  ;-)
>>

> so the Ranger is diesel then. I wonder what the future of diesel engines
> is now that electrics have arrived?

They have a short term life but as governments move to further decrease
pollution the days of carcinogenic particulate spewing Diesel utes are
numbered.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a
proven liar."

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Clean Diesel

<ufta9k$2t555$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27550&group=aus.cars#27550

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 12:13:37 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 04:13 UTC

On 8/10/2023 11:25 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 8/10/2023 2:15 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>> Noddy wrote:
>>> The Wildtrak is just about to clock over 4 thousand km's, so I
>>> thought I'd whack it up in the air and take a look underneath to see
>>> if there are any potential issues that need addressing. It's not
>>> doing anything wrong and is going very well indeed, but checking
>>> costs nothing. It *is* a Ford after all :)

>>> Interesting to note that the tailpipe on these things terminates just
>>> behind the rear axle with quite a sharp downward point. It was also
>>> interesting to note how clean it is on the inside:

>> what's the other car there? is it a repair or a wreck?
>
> A repair. It's my Son's 2013 Elantra. It's getting a new engine.
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPD3LG

You must have rebuilt it :-)

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a
proven liar."

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Clean Diesel

<koermlFkg7eU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27555&group=aus.cars#27555

From: me...@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 16:06:28 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 05:06 UTC

Noddy wrote:
> On 8/10/2023 2:15 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>> Noddy wrote:
>>> The Wildtrak is just about to clock over 4 thousand km's, so I
>>> thought I'd whack it up in the air and take a look underneath to see
>>> if there are any potential issues that need addressing. It's not
>>> doing anything wrong and is going very well indeed, but checking
>>> costs nothing. It *is* a Ford after all :)

>>> Interesting to note that the tailpipe on these things terminates
>>> just behind the rear axle with quite a sharp downward point. It was
>>> also interesting to note how clean it is on the inside:

>> what's the other car there? is it a repair or a wreck?
>
> A repair. It's my Son's 2013 Elantra. It's getting a new engine.

why does the Ranger have an old numberplate series? all the current ones
start with 1. did you transfer the rego? every time I've bought a new
car I got a new number series.

>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPD3LG

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: Clean Diesel

<uftevg$2u17i$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27561&group=aus.cars#27561

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 16:33:37 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 05:33 UTC

On 8/10/2023 4:06 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Noddy wrote:

> why does the Ranger have an old numberplate series? all the current ones
> start with 1. did you transfer the rego? every time I've bought a new
> car I got a new number series.

That's the number that was issued by the dealer, and every current model
Ranger I've seen has a similar number. Check for yourself next time you
see one out and about, but there are half a dozen or so in Bacchus Marsh
that I see on a regular basis and they all have numbers similar to mine.

As to why that is I can't tell you. You'd need to ask Vicroads.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Clean Diesel

<ufv6nv$3b0mk$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27577&group=aus.cars#27577

From: Hans.And...@gmail.com (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 07:25:17 +1000
 by: alvey - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 21:25 UTC

Clocky wrote:
> On 8/10/2023 3:42 am, alvey wrote:
>> Noddy wrote:
>>
>> I do hope that it doesn't fall off the hoist and get bent. That could
>> be a hard explain to the insurers.
>>

>> alvey
>>

> Heh. A clean the exhaust is after 4000km must be new to him since the
> exhausts of cars he rebuilt the engines on are full of oil after one lap.
>
> No photos of trade papers either but this is his standard MO after
> getting a thrashing. He post photos, start new threads... anything to
> distract from the fact he's had his nose rubbed through his own bullshit
> again.

Should be a surprise to him. Why he even predicted this would happen.

“The trouble with bullshit artists is that the facts catch them out
every single time “. Fraudster, 25Jan15

alvey

Re: Clean Diesel

<ufv73t$3b55q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27578&group=aus.cars#27578

From: Hans.And...@gmail.com (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 07:31:37 +1000
 by: alvey - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 21:31 UTC

Noddy wrote:
> On 8/10/2023 12:59 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>
>> so the Ranger is diesel then.
>
> Most duel cab utes are and have been for some time.

Are they the model that bogans have fights in?

alvey